It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 846 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:01 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Instead, I'll say this: Ogie, speaking on the behalf of gun owners, threatened to kill everyone if their AR15s were confiscated.

This is still blatantly untrue. Please point out the post where he says this if you disagree.

You’re digging yourself deeper here man. Just say you misspoke and move on.

Ogie can defend himself if he didn't mean that gun owners would shoot authorities attempting to confiscate illegal guns and that if they died that terrorist attacks would follow. Seems pretty straight forward with my two quotes.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:03 pm 

Ogie is still my guy though. His thoughts on guns push me towards wanting more gun control though.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
So he never threatened anybody then? A decent person would apologize to him for the slander.

Where did I say he personally did? He chose to speak for all gun owners. He didn't say if he is shooting an LEO that wants his illegal AR15. Maybe he can clarify he would willing turn it over.

Jesus Christ, you are an asshole.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:01 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Instead, I'll say this: Ogie, speaking on the behalf of gun owners, threatened to kill everyone if their AR15s were confiscated.

This is still blatantly untrue. Please point out the post where he says this if you disagree.

Ogie can defend himself if he didn't mean that gun owners would shoot authorities attempting to confiscate illegal guns and that if they died that terrorist attacks would follow. Seems pretty straight forward with my two quotes.

I’ve said the same thing. I think that would very likely be true if total confiscation happened. Am I threatening to kill everyone with this post?

Whatever the non-condescending way to say be smarter is, consider it said.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:02 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Gun nuts are triggered. Hide your women and kids!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:07 am 

tommy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
So he never threatened anybody then? A decent person would apologize to him for the slander.

Where did I say he personally did? He chose to speak for all gun owners. He didn't say if he is shooting an LEO that wants his illegal AR15. Maybe he can clarify he would willing turn it over.

No need for this. Rick is a good guy.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:28 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
FavreFan wrote:
tommy wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

No need for this. Rick is a good guy.

Brick is a good guy who can be an asshole when he wants to be. Just like MANY on this board.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:32 am 

My issue with Ogie is not his repeated calls for violence against LEO, but the fact when he is pressed to take up action himself he has specifically stated he won't do it. That conflict of conviction is hard for me to reconcile.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:36 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
My issue with Ogie is not his repeated calls for violence against LEO, but the fact when he is pressed to take up action himself he has specifically stated he won't do it. That is hard for me to reconcile.

Why is that hard to reconcile? MANY here believe ISIS should be stopped at all costs. Very few among us have signed an oath saying we would carry out the task ourselves if called upon.

Like jorr has pointed out several times, there are a great many people in this country who believe in a revolution of some sort, himself included, but are simply too comfortable to engage in such activities.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:43 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
My issue with Ogie is not his repeated calls for violence against LEO, but the fact when he is pressed to take up action himself he has specifically stated he won't do it. That is hard for me to reconcile.

Why is that hard to reconcile? MANY here believe ISIS should be stopped at all costs. Very few among us have signed an oath saying we would carry out the task ourselves.

There's too much to unpack in that analogy.

An institutionalized police force vs. a sporadic world wide terrorist organization. Comparing those two groups is silly, and makes me think you're more drunk than me right now.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:47 am 

I guess I just don't see the police as an ISIS level threat.

Revolution can happen MANY different ways. At the end of the day only the borderline to completely unstable want the bloody version.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:48 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Why is that hard to reconcile? MANY here believe ISIS should be stopped at all costs. Very few among us have signed an oath saying we would carry out the task ourselves.

An institutionalized police force vs. a sporadic world wide terrorist organization. Comparing those two groups is silly, and makes me think you're more drunk than me right now.

Im pretty hammered right now.

But I think the analogy is still ok. You’re asking why somesone won’t personally do what he’s celebrating others for doing. How is that not a direct metaphor for our civilians views on our military?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:55 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

But I think the analogy is still ok. You’re asking why somesone won’t personally do what he’s celebrating others for doing. How is that not a direct metaphor for our civilians views on our military?

The posts I'm referring to were some time late in the summer I think where Ogie was constantly stating people should take up arms and start shooting the police. When he was challenged on it, he directly told everyone he wasn't going to be the person out there shooting cops.

I think the disconnect for me personally is the Isis thing is more of a... hassle I guess to undertake the burden of traveling to those fucked up countries to join the fight whereas "fighting" the police domestically is much easier.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:00 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

The posts I'm referring to were some time late in the summer I think where Ogie was constantly stating people should take up arms and start shooting the police. When he was challenged on it, he directly told everyone he wasn't going to be the person out there shooting cops.

I think the disconnect for me personally is the Isis thing is more of a... hassle I guess to undertake the burden of traveling to those fucked up countries to join the fight whereas "fighting" the police domestically is much easier.

I mean... come on man. If the only difference in scenarios is the relative travel itineraries of the revolutionaries I think my point stands.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:06 am 

This is one of the only reasonable arguments I’ve heard against Ogie’s thoughts. I don’t entirely agree with JLN here, particularly the last part, but it’s a logical counter argument instead of “you’re threatening to kill everyone!” and “you’re what is wrong with this country!”. Rick, Frank, and One Post should take notes.

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
I've notice Ogie get...friendly...with the idea of violence towards police as retribution for perceived wrongs, on more than one occasion. I never assessed it as in any way credible or threatening. Instead, given his views in other political arenas, I always saw it as an outlet of pent-up frustration at something (police abusing their authority to hurt citizens) so fundamentally contrary to our way of life and notions of freedom. It's in the same vein as BLM'ers with similar, or the exact same, views, or those jailhouse dudes clapping for Bauer's murderer as he was lead through the holding area: It might not actually be about a desire to commit violence on police officers as retribution or fighting against tyranny—and I personally prefer this view, because I think that most humans are good—but god damnit, it is just so wrong that police officers can get off so easily after taking the life of an unarmed/nonviolent civilian, because things aren't supposed to be that way (right?!). Or so the thinking goes.

As a former promulgator of these types of views and this type of toxic rhetoric, I will hope Ogie sees it all as rather childish and ultimately counter productive sooner rather than later, as I hope all people who hold similar ideas do, but I cannot deny their thought processes: It appears really, really, prevalent, and at first blush is so egregiously counter to our supposed ideals of laws and process.

To rock my soul

Last edited by FavreFan on Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:07 am 

I guess it all comes down to our views on American apathy. Which, coupled (crippled) with capitalistic pressure/responsibility has crushed any sort of people's movement that's popped up in my lifetime.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:12 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Don’t do that. Too many idiots on this board will take that at face value.

:lol: :roll:
This from the guy that says every cop should be murdered.

Oh wait...remember that??

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:20 am 

spanky wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Remember how you tried this last time and even threw in a weed joke about bad memory and I fucking schooled you? Want to play again?

:lol:

12:20 AM

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:22 am 

FavreFan wrote:
spanky wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Remember how you tried this last time and even threw in a weed joke about bad memory and I fucking schooled you? Want to play again?

So you didn't say you thought every cop should be killed?

I mean...it's a simple question.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:24 am 

spanky wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
spanky wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

So you didn't say you thought every cop should be killed?

I mean...it's a simple question.

I did not.

Feel free to show me evidence or proof to the contrary. I’ll wait.

It’s sad that you in are charge of educating our future generations. You’re pathetic.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:31 am 

FavreFan wrote:
I did not.

You're right. I'm wrong.
I mean, if there is anybody that is pro-cop around here ....it's you.

You really doing this? Damn.....Your old board buddies ain't kidding...you really have changed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:35 am 

spanky wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
I did not.

You're right. I'm wrong.
I mean, if there is anybody that is pro-cop around here ....it's you.

You really doing this? Damn.....Your old board buddies ain't kidding...you really have changed

I’m not pro cop. I also don’t want all of them killed.

Is there... no middle ground between those viewpoints?

Thank you for acknowledging you were wrong though. You really have changed. It’s good to see.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:20 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
FavreFan taking on all comers, what could be driving this, King?

FavreFan wrote:

By God! By God! By God!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:09 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

What do you think it would look like if the government tried to confiscate guns?

It's easy to say that nobody "needs" guns now because government is benevolent and we have police (with guns) to protect us from criminals and we've destroyed the habitat of most predatory animals that might try to rip us to shreds. But I think that people who have such a viewpoint are discounting American history and just how deep certain traditions and values run.

I would compare it to the horse. There's no logical reason why eating horsemeat should be taboo the way it is in the U.S., but that belief is emotional and based in the deep roots of America and the way she was founded and expanded. The same thing can be said for guns.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:10 am 

FavreFan wrote:
This is one of the only reasonable arguments I’ve heard against Ogie’s thoughts. I don’t entirely agree with JLN here, particularly the last part, but it’s a logical counter argument instead of “you’re threatening to kill everyone!” and “you’re what is wrong with this country!”. Rick, Frank, and One Post should take notes.

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
I've notice Ogie get...friendly...with the idea of violence towards police as retribution for perceived wrongs, on more than one occasion. I never assessed it as in any way credible or threatening. Instead, given his views in other political arenas, I always saw it as an outlet of pent-up frustration at something (police abusing their authority to hurt citizens) so fundamentally contrary to our way of life and notions of freedom. It's in the same vein as BLM'ers with similar, or the exact same, views, or those jailhouse dudes clapping for Bauer's murderer as he was lead through the holding area: It might not actually be about a desire to commit violence on police officers as retribution or fighting against tyranny—and I personally prefer this view, because I think that most humans are good—but god damnit, it is just so wrong that police officers can get off so easily after taking the life of an unarmed/nonviolent civilian, because things aren't supposed to be that way (right?!). Or so the thinking goes.

As a former promulgator of these types of views and this type of toxic rhetoric, I will hope Ogie sees it all as rather childish and ultimately counter productive sooner rather than later, as I hope all people who hold similar ideas do, but I cannot deny their thought processes: It appears really, really, prevalent, and at first blush is so egregiously counter to our supposed ideals of laws and process.

The guy said he was "happy" that someone shot up the NSA. That's disgusting.

It is perfectly reasonable to be unhappy with how the national security apparatus works in this country. It is perfectly reasonable to desire there to be change in how the national security apparatus works in this country.

But it shows a sick embrace of violence, and violence against innocent citizens, to be "happy" that someone shot up the NSA.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:14 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

What do you think it would look like if the government tried to confiscate guns?

It's easy to say that nobody "needs" guns now because government is benevolent and we have police (with guns) to protect us from criminals and we've destroyed the habitat of most predatory animals that might try to rip us to shreds. But I think that people who have such a viewpoint are discounting American history and just how deep certain traditions and values run.

I would compare it to the horse. There's no logical reason why eating horsemeat should be taboo the way it is in the U.S., but that belief is emotional and based in the deep roots of America and the way she was founded and expanded. The same thing can be said for guns.

The "tradition" argument is the same argument that was trotted out to defend bans on interracial marriage, to defend segregated schools, to defend slavery, to defend bans on gay marriage.

We have lots of deep rooted traditions in the US, some of those traditions are shitty.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:19 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I’ve said the same thing. I think that would very likely be true if total confiscation happened. Am I threatening to kill everyone with this post?

Whatever the non-condescending way to say be smarter is, consider it said.

I don't know if you are. You haven't said what you would do.

In speaking for gun owners, if you are promising they would shoot those attempting to confiscate AR15s and then if any non-officer died that terrorist attacks on the population would then follow then yes that is a threat to kill everyone.

Now, maybe you and Ogie would hand over an AR15 without violence. That's good.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:29 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
One Post wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

The "tradition" argument is the same argument that was trotted out to defend bans on interracial marriage, to defend segregated schools, to defend slavery, to defend bans on gay marriage.

We have lots of deep rooted traditions in the US, some of those traditions are shitty.

First, I wasn't making a pro-gun argument. I was merely pointing out what I see as the basis for certain values that are clearly American. I'm not sure you can eliminate the parts and pieces of America that you find distasteful without destroying the core of what makes America great. (And I don't want to get into "America isn't great" bullshit. We all live here and many of us have the means to live elsewhere if we really feel America is so terrible. So let's not pretend that we're going to live some other place where Trump isn't president and things are supposedly great and people are smart and sophisticated unlike us dumb American rubes. Last I checked Alec Baldwin and Chelsea Handler are still here.)

Second, I think it's pretty much universally accepted that slavery was not positive and in fact, it isn't a tradition and hasn't been for about 150 years. You'll have to make a real argument against gun ownership and in favor of eating horses if you want to continue the conversation. Because I don't know anyone who wants to have a society without any guns when it comes down to it. They just want to decide who it is that has them.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:52 am 
Jbi11s wrote:
My issue with Ogie is not his repeated calls for violence against LEO, but the fact when he is pressed to take up action himself he has specifically stated he won't do it. That conflict of conviction is hard for me to reconcile.

Wait so he backed down on the "rights you are willing to die for" argument? Color me shocked.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:03 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I don't want complete gun confiscation. I'm concerned with how proud gun owners are that any attempt at getting rid of the most dangerous guns will result in police murder and terrorist attacks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 846 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next