It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Caller Bob wrote:
This reaction seems pretty dramatic. Anger and Gun Culture often find themselves in the same room.
Your first post in this thread included the phrase, "I don't give a fuck."

Caller Bob and intelligence don't often find themselves in the same room.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
This reaction seems pretty dramatic. Anger and Gun Culture often find themselves in the same room.
Your first post in this thread included the phrase, "I don't give a fuck."

Caller Bob and intelligence don't often find themselves in the same room.

That was very, very calm "I don't give a fuck". Frank...like Snoop Dog saying it vs Tupac. Very chill.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I think MANY gun folks will listen to this president. I'm not putting it all on him but I think he's one of the few guys who could pull it off and as far as I know he isn't a gun owner.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Nas wrote:
I think MANY gun folks will listen to this president. I'm not putting it all on him but I think he's one of the few guys who could pull it off and as far as I know he isn't a gun owner.

Well it's certainly time for him to say something... anything really... about this situation.
He's our leader and we are in need of some leadership today

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:35 pm 

Attitude reflects leadership.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Someone please educate me on the second amendment argument. Unless I am mistaken:

*It was written at a time where there was no police, national guard, or standing army.
*Guns took forever to load one shot at a time and no way to hit anyone at a distance.

Times and weapons have completely changed since then. If people want hassle-free gun ownership under Amendment #2, then I feel it should be limited it to the types of guns that were available at the time #2 was written.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:39 pm 

a genius wrote:
Someone please educate me on the second amendment argument. Unless I am mistaken:

*It was written at a time where there was no police, national guard, or standing army.
*Guns took forever to load one shot at a time and no way to hit anyone at a distance.

Times and weapons have completely changed since then. If people want hassle-free gun ownership under Amendment #2, then I feel it should be limited it to the types of guns that were available at the time #2 was written.

Thank you.

I actually prefer honesty on this issue. I think few posters(Ogie) basically admitted that dead kids are the unfortunate cost to pay for their 2nd amendment rights. Shoot me straight(no pun) rather than this passive aggressive garbage here.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:39 pm 

a genius wrote:

Thank you.

I suppose free speech should be limited to newspapers, the pony express and how loud one can physically yell?
Besides, modern firearms are tremendously safer than muskets of that age. We should be happy about that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Darkside wrote:
Mandatory sentences or much stiffer penalties are a big need.

I've heard this before, but I don't precisely remember where....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
a genius wrote:

Thank you.

I'm sure you'll welcome the police listening in on your every phone call and reading your every email and text since we're going to now carry a very Luddite-like interpretation of the Bill of Rights to the reality of 1791.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:12 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Hatchetman wrote:
Nas wrote:
If ______ people want to own a gun, they must attend an all-day class, pass a written test, and achieve at least 95% accuracy during a shooting-range test. Then they have to pass a mental-health evaluation, which takes place at a hospital, and pass a background check, in which the government digs into their criminal record and interviews friends and family. They can only buy shotguns and air rifles — no handguns — and every three years they must retake the class and initial exam.

you realize that is more rigorous than federal security clearance? :lol:

All kidding aside this seems a bit harder than getting a state ID to exercise one of our other rights. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:15 pm 

Good post, Darkside.

Now convince the other gun guys.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Orange Julius
Caller Bob wrote:

I been doing my job.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:18 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Mandatory sentences or much stiffer penalties are a big need.

I've heard this before, but I don't precisely remember where....

It was also related to we can lock everyone up!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:20 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Good post, Darkside.

You anti gun nuts. smh :lol: Darkside, made a good post. He goes a bit further than I would be willing but at least he opens up a dialog that is very different than MANY people calling for bans today.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:21 pm 

Gary Bertier wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I been doing my job.

Then why don't you tell your white buddies to lay off Nas? Because they(JLN) have not, and you know it! Nobody posts. Yourself included. I'm supposed to wear myself out for the community? What Community? Nah, nah what I'm gonna do is look out for myself and I'ma get mine.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:26 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Gary Bertier wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I been doing my job.

Then why don't you tell your white buddies to lay off Nas? Because they(JLN) have not, and you know it! Nobody posts. Yourself included. I'm supposed to wear myself out for the community? What Community? Nah, nah what I'm gonna do is look out for myself and I'ma get mine.

See man, that's the worst attitude I ever heard.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:28 pm 

Gary Bertier wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Gary Bertier wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I been doing my job.

STRONG SIDE!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:31 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Gary Bertier wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Gary Bertier wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I been doing my job.

STRONG SIDE!

Honesty? You want honesty? Honestly, I think you're nothing. Nothing but a pure waste of God-given talent. You don't listen to nobody man. Not even JORR or Seacrest. Use your sense of timing and humor and you're a two seed in BRick's Tournament. Post a GIF. Post a Seinfeld quote. Do something. You can't just snark at Frank all day every day on this board without leaving your fellow posters out to dry. Me, in particular.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
Nas wrote:
If ______ people want to own a gun, they must attend an all-day class, pass a written test, and achieve at least 95% accuracy during a shooting-range test. Then they have to pass a mental-health evaluation, which takes place at a hospital, and pass a background check, in which the government digs into their criminal record and interviews friends and family. They can only buy shotguns and air rifles — no handguns — and every three years they must retake the class and initial exam.

All kidding aside this seems a bit harder than getting a state ID to exercise one of our other rights. :wink:

It's from Japan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:59 pm 

I don't get it if you put harsh penalties on illegal gun owners there will be less people to buy guns. Why do you hate the Constitution?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:17 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Good post, Darkside.

I'm pretty plugged into the community. I think the people you hear from most are the very loud, obnoxious minority. Most gun guys are pretty easy going and are very safety oriented, and largely support ideas such as I've outlined above (with the notable exception of my views of ar15s).
More than 1 in 3 Americans is a gun owner and most sensible gun laws are supported by something crazy like 80% or more of the population.

As I tend to hang out at ranges in late winter/early spring and late summer/early fall (read: slow season) I'll do some exit polling and report back. I expect to be at the range early next week at the latest.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:20 pm 

Darkside wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Good post, Darkside.

I'm pretty plugged into the community. I think the people you hear from most are the very loud, obnoxious minority. Most gun guys are pretty easy going and are very safety oriented, and largely support ideas such as I've outlined above (with the notable exception of my views of ar15s).
More than 1 in 3 Americans is a gun owner and most sensible gun laws are supported by something crazy like 80% or more of the population.

As I tend to hang out at ranges in late winter/early spring and late summer/early fall (read: slow season) I'll do some exit polling and report back. I expect to be at the range early next week at the latest.

I agree on how may gun owners are. I will add one thing I have found odd. Many loud mouths like you mentioned rarely shoot and some do not even own a gun.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Nas wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
Nas wrote:

It's from Japan

A lesser poster than myself would likely make some dreadful comment about how much easier it must be for the Japanese to take aim.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:45 pm 
100000 CLUB

Don Tiny wrote:
Nas wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
Nas wrote:

It's from Japan

A lesser poster than myself would likely make some dreadful comment about how much easier it must be for the Japanese to take aim.

I will NOT laugh at that.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:17 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Nas wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
Nas wrote:

It's from Japan

Fucking outstanding.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
Darkside wrote:
I've posted my ideas or concessions in the past but I have read more than a few posts saying the gun owners are silent or are unwilling to make concessions so I thought I'd share my thoughts again. I know you can't wait.

Personally, when I think of why I own weapons, I don't think of anything more than holding my own until well trained help can arrive. I don't think I'll need to fight off the us government or a zombie apocalypse but I can see myself needing to fend off a crazed addict looking to score a few bucks for a fix or a crazy person who followed my hot wife home and intends to assault her. Therefore, my weapon needs in this regard are limited to a reliable handgun of suitable caliber to stop a large male suspect under the influence of drugs or alcohol (worst case scenario which I tend to refer to as the "Moro Warrior" scenario).

As a hunter of deer and upland game, I feel that the extent of my hunting requirements are a large caliber shotgun for upland game (using small shot) and a smaller caliber for slugs for deer. Essentially a simple 12 and 20g does just fine.

I never understood the fascination with assault weapons. To clarify, I'm using the term assault weapons as synonymous with the ar15 although that's not exactly what an assault weapon is but as that's becoming a bit of a looser term these days I thought I'd go ahead and just say that.

Therefore, I would be willing to concede that an average citizen doesn't really need that kind of weapon in order to adequately defend himself or his family, and unless a sworn peace officer or a security agent, unnecessary to own. I certainly don't think an 18 year old kid with an 18 year old brain which we know is not fully developed psychologically needs a weapon such as that. Kids of that age do not have full understanding of cause and effect nor do they have impulse control.

Illinois has on average tighter controls of getting credentials to purchase firearms than most states yet there are almost zero training requirements. Before being licensed to own a weapon I would be willing to concede that 20 to 40 hours of training on firearm safety and function should be required. Additional training or demonstration of competency for any particular model or platform you wish to purchase should also be required.

Extend waiting periods until the purchaser clears checks by local, state, and federal agencies. While we're at it run it thru INTERPOL as well because we don't need no fly or terrorist watch list individuals getting weapons either. If it takes 30 days so be it. If you really must have a gun faster than that... I kind of have to wonder why.

Any and all transfer must go thru a FFL. Absolutely no exceptions. None. For any reason. No stupid gun show exceptions, no private transfers none of that shit.

I truly don't believe magazine size is an issue. I've become quite adept in the handling of my firearms and swapping and empty for a full takes me less than a second at this point. Whether I have a Wilson combat 8 round magazine or a 17 round doublestack doesn't change the number of rounds I can fire in a minute significantly. We can talk about that if you like, I'm open to the conversation but I don't think this makes a difference.

The penalties for illegal possession of a firearm need to be stiffened significantly. I have heard of guys carrying and getting caught and essentially paying a fine. That's bullshit. If you have a weapon illegally I have to assume it's because you intend to commit a horrible crime with it. Mandatory sentences or much stiffer penalties are a big need.

These are my starting points. I'm willing to negotiate. Let's reach an accord.

This is just a feeble attempt to absolve yourself of responsibility for kids being murdered, same as the "mental health" NRA talking point. The reality is that you and the JORRs of the world vote for and financially support people whose stated goal get as many guns in the hands of as many people as possible. The collateral damage is just a necessary fact of your life.

https://apnews.com/553ff88b430a4334868105f7a943b912

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:00 pm 

Aside from dropping the semantics of assault weapons (which I respect) Darkside has been fairly consistent.

And reasoned.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:04 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
DannyB wrote:
Darkside wrote:
I've posted my ideas or concessions in the past but I have read more than a few posts saying the gun owners are silent or are unwilling to make concessions so I thought I'd share my thoughts again. I know you can't wait.

Personally, when I think of why I own weapons, I don't think of anything more than holding my own until well trained help can arrive. I don't think I'll need to fight off the us government or a zombie apocalypse but I can see myself needing to fend off a crazed addict looking to score a few bucks for a fix or a crazy person who followed my hot wife home and intends to assault her. Therefore, my weapon needs in this regard are limited to a reliable handgun of suitable caliber to stop a large male suspect under the influence of drugs or alcohol (worst case scenario which I tend to refer to as the "Moro Warrior" scenario).

As a hunter of deer and upland game, I feel that the extent of my hunting requirements are a large caliber shotgun for upland game (using small shot) and a smaller caliber for slugs for deer. Essentially a simple 12 and 20g does just fine.

I never understood the fascination with assault weapons. To clarify, I'm using the term assault weapons as synonymous with the ar15 although that's not exactly what an assault weapon is but as that's becoming a bit of a looser term these days I thought I'd go ahead and just say that.

Therefore, I would be willing to concede that an average citizen doesn't really need that kind of weapon in order to adequately defend himself or his family, and unless a sworn peace officer or a security agent, unnecessary to own. I certainly don't think an 18 year old kid with an 18 year old brain which we know is not fully developed psychologically needs a weapon such as that. Kids of that age do not have full understanding of cause and effect nor do they have impulse control.

Illinois has on average tighter controls of getting credentials to purchase firearms than most states yet there are almost zero training requirements. Before being licensed to own a weapon I would be willing to concede that 20 to 40 hours of training on firearm safety and function should be required. Additional training or demonstration of competency for any particular model or platform you wish to purchase should also be required.

Extend waiting periods until the purchaser clears checks by local, state, and federal agencies. While we're at it run it thru INTERPOL as well because we don't need no fly or terrorist watch list individuals getting weapons either. If it takes 30 days so be it. If you really must have a gun faster than that... I kind of have to wonder why.

Any and all transfer must go thru a FFL. Absolutely no exceptions. None. For any reason. No stupid gun show exceptions, no private transfers none of that shit.

I truly don't believe magazine size is an issue. I've become quite adept in the handling of my firearms and swapping and empty for a full takes me less than a second at this point. Whether I have a Wilson combat 8 round magazine or a 17 round doublestack doesn't change the number of rounds I can fire in a minute significantly. We can talk about that if you like, I'm open to the conversation but I don't think this makes a difference.

The penalties for illegal possession of a firearm need to be stiffened significantly. I have heard of guys carrying and getting caught and essentially paying a fine. That's bullshit. If you have a weapon illegally I have to assume it's because you intend to commit a horrible crime with it. Mandatory sentences or much stiffer penalties are a big need.

These are my starting points. I'm willing to negotiate. Let's reach an accord.

This is just a feeble attempt to absolve yourself of responsibility for kids being murdered, same as the "mental health" NRA talking point. The reality is that you and the JORRs of the world vote for and financially support people whose stated goal get as many guns in the hands of as many people as possible. The collateral damage is just a necessary fact of your life.

https://apnews.com/553ff88b430a4334868105f7a943b912

Shut up, you fuckin' pussy. People like you want to be the final arbiters deciding who has guns. Because I guarantee if someone were breaking into your home you'd be begging for somebody to show up with a gun.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
the responses in this thread justify my stance in not giving the grabbers an inch.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next