It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
DannyB wrote:
Darkside wrote:
I've posted my ideas or concessions in the past but I have read more than a few posts saying the gun owners are silent or are unwilling to make concessions so I thought I'd share my thoughts again. I know you can't wait.

Personally, when I think of why I own weapons, I don't think of anything more than holding my own until well trained help can arrive. I don't think I'll need to fight off the us government or a zombie apocalypse but I can see myself needing to fend off a crazed addict looking to score a few bucks for a fix or a crazy person who followed my hot wife home and intends to assault her. Therefore, my weapon needs in this regard are limited to a reliable handgun of suitable caliber to stop a large male suspect under the influence of drugs or alcohol (worst case scenario which I tend to refer to as the "Moro Warrior" scenario).

As a hunter of deer and upland game, I feel that the extent of my hunting requirements are a large caliber shotgun for upland game (using small shot) and a smaller caliber for slugs for deer. Essentially a simple 12 and 20g does just fine.

I never understood the fascination with assault weapons. To clarify, I'm using the term assault weapons as synonymous with the ar15 although that's not exactly what an assault weapon is but as that's becoming a bit of a looser term these days I thought I'd go ahead and just say that.

Therefore, I would be willing to concede that an average citizen doesn't really need that kind of weapon in order to adequately defend himself or his family, and unless a sworn peace officer or a security agent, unnecessary to own. I certainly don't think an 18 year old kid with an 18 year old brain which we know is not fully developed psychologically needs a weapon such as that. Kids of that age do not have full understanding of cause and effect nor do they have impulse control.

Illinois has on average tighter controls of getting credentials to purchase firearms than most states yet there are almost zero training requirements. Before being licensed to own a weapon I would be willing to concede that 20 to 40 hours of training on firearm safety and function should be required. Additional training or demonstration of competency for any particular model or platform you wish to purchase should also be required.

Extend waiting periods until the purchaser clears checks by local, state, and federal agencies. While we're at it run it thru INTERPOL as well because we don't need no fly or terrorist watch list individuals getting weapons either. If it takes 30 days so be it. If you really must have a gun faster than that... I kind of have to wonder why.

Any and all transfer must go thru a FFL. Absolutely no exceptions. None. For any reason. No stupid gun show exceptions, no private transfers none of that shit.

I truly don't believe magazine size is an issue. I've become quite adept in the handling of my firearms and swapping and empty for a full takes me less than a second at this point. Whether I have a Wilson combat 8 round magazine or a 17 round doublestack doesn't change the number of rounds I can fire in a minute significantly. We can talk about that if you like, I'm open to the conversation but I don't think this makes a difference.

The penalties for illegal possession of a firearm need to be stiffened significantly. I have heard of guys carrying and getting caught and essentially paying a fine. That's bullshit. If you have a weapon illegally I have to assume it's because you intend to commit a horrible crime with it. Mandatory sentences or much stiffer penalties are a big need.

These are my starting points. I'm willing to negotiate. Let's reach an accord.

This is just a feeble attempt to absolve yourself of responsibility for kids being murdered, same as the "mental health" NRA talking point. The reality is that you and the JORRs of the world vote for and financially support people whose stated goal get as many guns in the hands of as many people as possible. The collateral damage is just a necessary fact of your life.

https://apnews.com/553ff88b430a4334868105f7a943b912

Shut up, you fuckin' pussy. People like you want to be the final arbiters deciding who has guns. Because I guarantee if someone were breaking into your home you'd be begging for somebody to show up with a gun.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
the responses in this thread justify my stance in not giving the grabbers an inch.

They do the opposite

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
DannyB wrote:
Darkside wrote:
I've posted my ideas or concessions in the past but I have read more than a few posts saying the gun owners are silent or are unwilling to make concessions so I thought I'd share my thoughts again. I know you can't wait.

Personally, when I think of why I own weapons, I don't think of anything more than holding my own until well trained help can arrive. I don't think I'll need to fight off the us government or a zombie apocalypse but I can see myself needing to fend off a crazed addict looking to score a few bucks for a fix or a crazy person who followed my hot wife home and intends to assault her. Therefore, my weapon needs in this regard are limited to a reliable handgun of suitable caliber to stop a large male suspect under the influence of drugs or alcohol (worst case scenario which I tend to refer to as the "Moro Warrior" scenario).

As a hunter of deer and upland game, I feel that the extent of my hunting requirements are a large caliber shotgun for upland game (using small shot) and a smaller caliber for slugs for deer. Essentially a simple 12 and 20g does just fine.

I never understood the fascination with assault weapons. To clarify, I'm using the term assault weapons as synonymous with the ar15 although that's not exactly what an assault weapon is but as that's becoming a bit of a looser term these days I thought I'd go ahead and just say that.

Therefore, I would be willing to concede that an average citizen doesn't really need that kind of weapon in order to adequately defend himself or his family, and unless a sworn peace officer or a security agent, unnecessary to own. I certainly don't think an 18 year old kid with an 18 year old brain which we know is not fully developed psychologically needs a weapon such as that. Kids of that age do not have full understanding of cause and effect nor do they have impulse control.

Illinois has on average tighter controls of getting credentials to purchase firearms than most states yet there are almost zero training requirements. Before being licensed to own a weapon I would be willing to concede that 20 to 40 hours of training on firearm safety and function should be required. Additional training or demonstration of competency for any particular model or platform you wish to purchase should also be required.

Extend waiting periods until the purchaser clears checks by local, state, and federal agencies. While we're at it run it thru INTERPOL as well because we don't need no fly or terrorist watch list individuals getting weapons either. If it takes 30 days so be it. If you really must have a gun faster than that... I kind of have to wonder why.

Any and all transfer must go thru a FFL. Absolutely no exceptions. None. For any reason. No stupid gun show exceptions, no private transfers none of that shit.

I truly don't believe magazine size is an issue. I've become quite adept in the handling of my firearms and swapping and empty for a full takes me less than a second at this point. Whether I have a Wilson combat 8 round magazine or a 17 round doublestack doesn't change the number of rounds I can fire in a minute significantly. We can talk about that if you like, I'm open to the conversation but I don't think this makes a difference.

The penalties for illegal possession of a firearm need to be stiffened significantly. I have heard of guys carrying and getting caught and essentially paying a fine. That's bullshit. If you have a weapon illegally I have to assume it's because you intend to commit a horrible crime with it. Mandatory sentences or much stiffer penalties are a big need.

This is just a feeble attempt to absolve yourself of responsibility for kids being murdered, same as the "mental health" NRA talking point. The reality is that you and the JORRs of the world vote for and financially support people whose stated goal get as many guns in the hands of as many people as possible. The collateral damage is just a necessary fact of your life.

Shut up, you fuckin' pussy. People like you want to be the final arbiters deciding who has guns. Because I guarantee if someone were breaking into your home you'd be begging for somebody to show up with a gun.

:lol: I actually own a (shot)gun. At some point the Trump voters/gun nuts of the world like you need to own up to the consequences of their actions. It's really shouldn't be that hard.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:23 pm 

DannyB wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
DannyB wrote:
Darkside wrote:

:lol: I actually own a (shot)gun. At some point the Trump voters/gun nuts of the world like you need to own up to the consequences of their actions. It's really shouldn't be that hard.

Another failure of the mental health check process.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Nas wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
the responses in this thread justify my stance in not giving the grabbers an inch.

They do the opposite

You can't even be bothered to pull facts from sources other than hack initiatives like Everytown USA. The fuck makes you think I will concede anything.

Gun control is a slippery slope to gun bans. The left loves to exploit emotional arguments to push people down the slope they tell them doesn't exist.

Love is love to justify gay marriage and then you wake up to transgender burritos reading your kids books at the library.

Oh kids are dying (in smaller #s than auto wrecks). Isn't it heartbreaking? Lets regulate the 2nd amendment.

Miss me with that shit.

Once again.
Never apologize.
Never surrender.
Never negotiate.

Last edited by ToxicMasculinity on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Nas wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

They do the opposite

You can't even be bothered to pull facts from sources other than hack initiatives like Everytown USA. The fuck makes you think I will concede anything.

Gun control is a slippery slope to gun bans. The left loves to exploit emotional arguments to push people down the slope they tell them doesn't exist.

Love is love to justify gay marriage and then you wake up to transgender burritos reading your kids books at the library.

Once again.
Never apologize.
Never surrender.
Never negotiate.

Okay

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:25 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
DannyB wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
DannyB wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Well, I don't own a gun, you douchebag. So shove your shotgun up your ass.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:59 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
DannyB wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
DannyB wrote:
Darkside wrote:

At PGA Tour events the first thing you see before being subjected to a body search is a sign that prohibits firearms of any kind. The PGA is basically a wholly-owned subsidiary of the GOP in nearly every way and that policy captures their hypocrisy better than most anything. They'll happily further their goal of maximum guns in maximum hands with votes and dollars... until it affects them. That's the essence of the JORR/Trump voter. Again you can see how jumpy and profane Trump voters get when this stuff happens. They can't handle even the mere suggestion that their votes and financial support may contribute to policies that enable mass murder. The next step is always to deflect attention in some way (i.e., mental health!), and then to appropriate the victims victimhood by whining about leftists coming for their guns. It's like clockwork.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:17 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Other than some obvious trolling it's been fairly civilized.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:19 pm 

ToxicMasculinity wrote:
Nas wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

They do the opposite

Oh kids are dying (in smaller #s than auto wrecks). Isn't it heartbreaking? Lets regulate the 2nd amendment.

Miss me with that shit.

Once again.
Never apologize.
Never surrender.
Never negotiate.

Well at least someone is reading to the kids.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:20 pm 

DannyB wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
DannyB wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
DannyB wrote:
Darkside wrote:

At PGA Tour events the first thing you see before being subjected to a body search is a sign that prohibits firearms of any kind. The PGA is basically a wholly-owned subsidiary of the GOP in nearly every way and that policy captures their hypocrisy better than most anything. They'll happily further their goal of maximum guns in maximum hands with votes and dollars... until it affects them. That's the essence of the JORR/Trump voter. Again you can see how jumpy and profane Trump voters get when this stuff happens. They can't handle even the mere suggestion that their votes and financial support may contribute to policies that enable mass murder. The next step is always to deflect attention in some way (i.e., mental health!), and then to appropriate the victims victimhood by whining about leftists coming for their guns. It's like clockwork.

Nope.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:29 pm 
Site Admin

The DannyBs of the world only want special magical people to have guns in case they need protection.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:29 pm 

Trust me fellas. You want blokes like me armed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:31 pm 
Site Admin

Darkside wrote:

Of course. There are maniacs like DannyB out there with shotguns.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:32 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Ah he's just trolling. Almost admirable

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:34 pm 
Site Admin

Darkside wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Darkside wrote:

I know. He's a fun poster.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Darkside wrote:
Besides, modern firearms are tremendously safer than muskets of that age. We should be happy about that.

The 17 casualties at the Florida school are extremely happy the shooter was able to safely use his AR15.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
Should gun regulations be tied to population density?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: John's
IMU wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Besides, modern firearms are tremendously safer than muskets of that age. We should be happy about that.

The 17 casualties at the Florida school are extremely happy the shooter was able to safely use his AR15.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:17 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Caller Bob wrote:
I fuck Dog.
Two can play at this game, Bob. :roll:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:34 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
I fuck Dog.
Two can play at this game, Bob. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:46 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Nah. Farrah Fawcett was a fun poster ... he's just an aimless asswipe.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:07 pm 
Site Admin

Don Tiny wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Nah. Farrah Fawcett was a fun poster ... he's just an aimless asswipe.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:23 pm 

I own a shotgun for hunting deer, so hardly a gun expert or "nut", but am an owner. If I could wave a magic wand and every gun in this country was confiscated and melted down to create a giant sculpture to honor the carnage, I'd do it. I'm tired of schools getting shot up, tired of 20 people in Chicago getting shot every damn weekend, tired of all of it. I don't want to hear about this mythical "tyranny" we are all going to fight against with our guns. It's the real violence that needs to stop. I'd feel a lot better about everyone's chances against the nut with a collection of knives, or the drive-by archery attack, than I do the AR-15.

I realize this will never happen, just my rant on what I would like.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
casual fan wrote:
I own a shotgun for hunting deer, so hardly a gun expert or "nut", but am an owner. If I could wave a magic wand and every gun in this country was confiscated and melted down to create a giant sculpture to honor the carnage, I'd do it. I'm tired of schools getting shot up, tired of 20 people in Chicago getting shot every damn weekend, tired of all of it. I don't want to hear about this mythical "tyranny" we are all going to fight against with our guns. It's the real violence that needs to stop. I'd feel a lot better about everyone's chances against the nut with a collection of knives, or the drive-by archery attack, than I do the AR-15.

Go tell it at a candle party.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:34 pm 

casual fan wrote:

Careful, even thinking about melting your own "weapon" down--let alone others--will cause widespread triggering and most likely a call to the local militia for deprogramming.

Here's Darkside explaining to JORR that the Muslims are over there.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:10 pm 

Depressingly, most of what Darkside proposes is supported by the overwhelming majority of gun owners and the numbers showing that have been on the books for years. The majority are not NRA supporters. I know several who left decades ago when it became an absolutist shell of what it once was. That then drove the NRA to become even more absurd to appeal to the dregs who stayed. There are some who still toss them money as they see it as the only real option to support something they believe in but they fight off the nausea when they do it.

As a new homeowner in an area with a lot property crime and even home invasions, I have been seriously thinking about getting a shotgun and would have no problem going through any of that to obtain one.

Still, the only thing that stops that kid is someone acting on what they are seeing. Again, there was plenty of warning. Again, the FBI fucked up after receiving warnings. We have regulated the shit out of explosive ingredients after 9/11 but teenagers still manage to get their hands on that, as is the case of the kid in Minnesota who just wanted to kill people for the hell of it. Vice did a special in Chicago where this gangbanger literally decimates the idea of regulation stopping him from getting a gun.

- Dan Bernstein, 2016

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Almost all gun owners I know have a similar outlook to Darkside’s response.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:29 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
Almost all gun owners I know have a similar outlook to Darkside’s response.

And most over described as being completely anti gun (like myself) share in that outlook.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Good post, Darko. Owner, and agree with all of it.

However, there is another reason other than common criminal activity to own—civil unrest. There are a couple of good books, one non-fiction by Ted Koppel, and a fictional account called “Cyberstorm.” I believe the latter is being made into a movie.

In both cases, they examine how quickly our society deteriorates if the electrical grid goes down. The cause could be a cyber attack or more conventional warfare to take out power. In about 3 days, our grocery stores are out of food—look what happened just last week as people stocked up for the snowstorm.

Once that happens, it’s every man for himself. Especially if it’s winter. A guy with a gun, who could be your neighbor, will do what is necessary for him to feed his family. If he’s armed and your not, say goodbye to your food, shelter, etc.

What about the cops? After a few days, they are at home protecting their own family. With all the guns out there, you’re doomed if you can’t at least deter them and hope they move on to a softer target.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next