It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Shut up and dribble
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:43 pm 

Ingraham's comments were undeniably elitist. She essentially states that Lebron shouldn't speak on politics because he didn't attend college. It is illustrative of the hypocrisy found in Republican politics. They often criticize Liberal Democrats for being the party of Coastal elites. If nothing else she has been exposed as a snob and a hypocrite.

In addition is the fact that she has never been critical of either Limbaugh or Hannity; neither of whom possess college degrees. She is perfectly willing to provide credence for their views yet she tells James to shut the hell up.

Last edited by long time guy on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Wow. He actually said that.

It sounds bad out of context but I have no problem with it. I’m sure he’s keenly aware of Jordan getting criticized for taking the opposite stance.

You don't say that under any circumstances.

Also, he's not willing to kneel and make people mad so he does have dome Jordan to him.

That’s a bizarre take.

You’re saying it’s impossible to agree with Kaepernick’s reasons for protesting but disagree with his method?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

It sounds bad out of context but I have no problem with it. I’m sure he’s keenly aware of Jordan getting criticized for taking the opposite stance.

Also, he's not willing to kneel and make people mad so he does have dome Jordan to him.

FF is right. I don't think it's a stretch to say LBJ means African American audiences in particular look him to him for inspiration and perspective. Should they is a different question. But as an influential figure within that community it's absolutely true that he means a lot to people. Laura, perhaps deliberately, totally missed how marginalized communities rally around personalities that they feel represent their interests, that speak for them on public stages, and that give them hope. Whether we like it or not LBJ is that person for a whole lot of people. Much more than that dickhead Jordan. And there's no way LBJ has Jordan in him, politically speaking. The minute he campaigned for Clinton he basically hurt his brand amongst a large segment of the public, even though it won't affect him in the aggregate. Jordan would never do that. Trump supporters buy sneakers too.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:52 pm 

pizza_Place: My own
^^^
Dat's right.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

FF is right. I don't think it's a stretch to say LBJ means African American audiences in particular look him to him for inspiration and perspective. Should they is a different question. But as an influential figure within that community it's absolutely true that he means a lot to people. Laura, perhaps deliberately, totally missed how marginalized communities rally around personalities that they feel represent their interests, that speak for them on public stages, and that give them hope. Whether we like it or not LBJ is that person for a whole lot of people. Much more than that dickhead Jordan. And there's no way LBJ has Jordan in him, politically speaking. The minute he campaigned for Clinton he basically hurt his brand amongst a large segment of the public, even though it won't affect him in the aggregate. Jordan would never do that. Trump supporters buy sneakers too.

I think he had already banked a billion dollar lifetime contract. If fairness to Jordan this isn't exactly rookie LeBron speaking out. He had already made hundreds of millions of dollars in his career (far more than Jordan made) before he started speaking out. It didn't really take a lot of courage to be against unarmed kids being murdered or a guy selling cigarettes.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I think he had already banked a billion dollar lifetime contract. If fairness to Jordan this isn't exactly rookie LeBron speaking out. He had already made hundreds of millions of dollars in his career (far more than Jordan made) before he started speaking out. It didn't really take a lot of courage to be against unarmed kids being murdered or a guy selling cigarettes.

What controversial stance has Jordan taken other than to say he shouldn't have been cut by his HS basketball team?

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:05 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

What controversial stance has Jordan taken other than to say he shouldn't have been cut by his HS basketball team?

He stated that he wouldn't play on the Dream Team if Isaiah was a member of it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Except LeBron said, first and foremost, "society", without any caveats or qualifiers. What has LeBron provided society at large which society at large cannot do without?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:08 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

He was one of the front-runners of the "HIV isn't communicable by touch" thing when Magic got diagnosed, wasn't he? A lot of people were still hysterical about that at that time, and he showed them wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

He stated that he wouldn't play on the Dream Team if Isaiah was a member of it.

If that's near the top of worst things he said (off the court) ... I mean ... yeesh.

Last edited by Don Tiny on Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

veganfan21 wrote:
Nas wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

He said Chris Jackson had the right to protest the anthem as a player. That was far more controversial back then.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:11 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

He wasn't even cut. He was left down on the sophomore team.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:14 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
He was one of the front-runners of the "HIV isn't communicable by touch" thing when Magic got diagnosed, wasn't he? A lot of people were still hysterical about that at that time, and he showed them wrong.

It's not controversial if it's a scientific fact.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:14 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Except LeBron said, first and foremost, "society", without any caveats or qualifiers. What has LeBron provided society at large which society at large cannot do without?

Returns for shareholders.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:15 pm 

The only time that the words of athletes matter is if what they say adversely effects them in the pocketbook. If it doesn't effect them monetarily then it probably isn't all that important.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:16 pm 

Jordan didn't say shit about anything. It's practically a trademark of his. Not sure how anyone is trying to argue otherwise. He would likely admit it himself.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

Cleveland, Nike, networks and the NBA have made billions off of LeBron. I'm sure they're very appreciative and are probably helping him with his message.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:20 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

You still don't say it like that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:22 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

That’s a bizarre take.

You’re saying it’s impossible to agree with Kaepernick’s reasons for protesting but disagree with his method?

I'm just saying LeBron hasn't done anything to hurt his brand like many NFL players did.

He played both sides like Jordan would on the kneeling issue.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:22 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

BREAKING NEWS - LeBron James has a high opinion of himself. Full story at 9:00.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:23 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

That’s a bizarre take.

I'm just saying LeBron hasn't done anything to hurt his brand like many NFL players did.

That’s not true. He did the ESPY thing. He wore the I Can’t Breathe shirt. He’s been as outspoken as one could reasonably be expected to be in his politics.

It’s bizarre to say otherwise because he didn’t take a knee before an anthem.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:24 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

What exactly are you defending here? Just looking for an argument?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:27 pm 

Nas wrote:
Cleveland, Nike, networks and the NBA have made billions off of LeBron. I'm sure they're very appreciative and are probably helping him with his message.

Still not "society".

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:27 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Ironically, it seems you are. I’m saying this is not big deal. You’re the one who thinks it is.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:33 pm 

Hang on everyone, JLN is gonna school us on the True meaning of "society".

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:33 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

That’s a bizarre take.

That’s not true. He did the ESPY thing. He wore the I Can’t Breathe shirt. He’s been as outspoken as one could reasonably be expected to be in his politics.

It’s bizarre to say otherwise because he didn’t take a knee before an anthem.

Yeah and hes gotten nearly universal praise for it outside of this lady.

You are a bigger gun guy than I am. His words didn't seem to hurt his brand to you. Do you think a lot of people did because of his political answer about kneeling? There is a reason he and every NBA player hasn't done it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:34 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Ironically, it seems you are. I’m saying this is not big deal. You’re the one who thinks it is.

You need to detect significance better.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:38 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:

Do you think LeBron meant "Cleveland, Nike, networks and the NBA" when he used "society"?

Do YOU view society as just "Cleveland, Nike, networks and the NBA"?

Low effort troll post.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:42 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:

Do you think LeBron meant "Cleveland, Nike, networks and the NBA" when he used "society"?

Low effort troll post.

Those are Nas' words not Leabron's :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:45 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

Low effort troll post.

Those are Nas' words not Leabron's :roll:

....right. Nas defined "society" improperly given LeBron's, and everyone else's, usage of the term.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next