It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Shut up and dribble
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Baby McNown wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Yeah and he apologized. It was a mistake.

Doesn't take away the fact that it was disrespectful to our nation. I must have missed the outrage before he apologized.

There was. When he heard about it he apologized.

There was a minor murmur. I missed the 3 block segments on cable TV demanding the nation boycott the Olympics over it.

BECAUSE HE APOLOGIZED IMMEDIATELY AFTER HE HEARD ABOUT IT! :lol:

Still much more disrespectful than kneeling.

Just admit you were wrong. He was called out, and he apologized. It's not like all these dumbass students and professors at universities stomping and burning the flag on purpose.

And I am pretty sure doing something intentionally is more disrespectful than doing something accidentally.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Yeah and he apologized. It was a mistake.

Doesn't take away the fact that it was disrespectful to our nation. I must have missed the outrage before he apologized.

There was. When he heard about it he apologized.

There was a minor murmur. I missed the 3 block segments on cable TV demanding the nation boycott the Olympics over it.

BECAUSE HE APOLOGIZED IMMEDIATELY AFTER HE HEARD ABOUT IT! :lol:

Or didn't do it repeatedly every Sunday. Bmac trying too hard today. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:55 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
B-Mac is fighting an army with his shotgun. Very impressive!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:56 pm 
SuperMario wrote:
Just admit you were wrong. He was called out, and he apologized. It's not like all these dumbass students and professors at universities stomping and burning the flag on purpose.

And I am pretty sure doing something intentionally is more disrespectful than doing something accidentally.

Just admit you've never read the flag code in your life and don't have a clue what you are talking about instead of tying to defend your selective outrage.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:57 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
We should only listen to athletes when they champion liberal causes.

Still waiting on LeBron to kneel for the anthem too.

I didn't know hate was a republican cause. Folks listen to all types of people for all kinds of reasons.

He's too busy running the NBA.

I just think it's funny. I may listen to too much Bernstein but it seems like a lot of people think athletes shouldn't be role models until they make a liberal point and suddenly everyone needs to listen to Steve Kerr and Greg Popovich.

Funny how IF :wink: she ever tried to take them on like that from her perch, her viewers' heads would explode.

Translate the coded language for me please. Is Ingram racist? I assume you are saying that because she is a religious radio show host and apparently now on Fox.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
pittmike wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Nas wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
We should only listen to athletes when they champion liberal causes.

Still waiting on LeBron to kneel for the anthem too.

I didn't know hate was a republican cause. Folks listen to all types of people for all kinds of reasons.

He's too busy running the NBA.

I just think it's funny. I may listen to too much Bernstein but it seems like a lot of people think athletes shouldn't be role models until they make a liberal point and suddenly everyone needs to listen to Steve Kerr and Greg Popovich.

Funny how IF :wink: she ever tried to take them on like that from her perch, her viewers' heads would explode.

Translate the coded language for me please. Is Ingram racist? I assume you are saying that because she is a religious radio show host and apparently now on Fox.

She's an entertainer performing for her viewers.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:58 pm 

How many times do you think Ingraham says the n-word on a daily basis? She sounded like a racist uncle at the Thanksgiving table.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
People don't make fun of Brady for being a Trump supporter, liberals do. All you're seeing IMO is standard partisan opinions.

Is there this large contingent of moderates that like liberal athletes and dislike conservative ones? I don't really see that.

Liberals are people too.

Let me try and put it another way. If we make a list of the athletes that are applauded for sharing their political views, most if not all of them would be saying liberal things. I just think it's amusing. If Kevin Durant came out and said "2nd amendment rights are all that matter and the dead kids are just what we have to deal with" I don't think he'd be getting much media celebration outside of the ultra conservative blogs that morons read.

Yeah man I think you just have sort of a liberal bubble. All you're seeing is "celebrations" being drawn down partisan lines.

If you're referring to the media celebrating them, well there's a reason the ol liberal media bias stereotype exists.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:03 pm 

Many people applauded Jake for making fun of the phony liberals lying about moving to Canada. I'm sure if I actually gave it more than 10 seconds of thought I could come up with MANY more examples. But shouldn't it be sort of obvious that saying liberals are more widely loved is wrong? I mean.. they lose every fucking election they are in. :lol:

To rock my soul

Nas wrote:
pittmike wrote:

She's an entertainer performing for her viewers.

Absolutely. While I would also like Hollywood dimwits to shut up I really do not put a lot of weight into athlete's political comments.

I had just heard about this on Spiegs and Parkins when they played the tape over my lunch. They were pretty upset and surprised by it. Maybe that is because we all know who Lebron is and where he is from etc? I am guess there are many Fox viewers and religious conservatives in this country of 250 million that do not. Especially over 50. Or at least they do not care.

We would be surprised to find out how little athletes matter to people in general.

Baby McNown wrote:
SuperMario wrote:

Just admit you've never read the flag code in your life and don't have a clue what you are talking about instead of tying to defend your selective outrage.

Haha. I actually have read the flag code.
Was what he did disrespectful? Yes.
Do his actions warrant being called out? Sure. And he was.
Did he apologize, and can the flag be discreetly destroyed in a respectful manner? Yes and yes.
Are you fucking insufferable? A resounding yes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:04 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
How many times do you think Ingraham says the n-word on a daily basis? She sounded like a racist uncle at the Thanksgiving table.

I would say never.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:05 pm 

Why have you read the flag code? Or wanted to?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:07 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

I would say never.

:lol:

I'll take the over.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:08 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:

I wrote a paper in grade school about the importance of the American Flag and what it means to me. My paper was picked by the American Legion of our town as a top 3 best paper, and I had to read my paper as a speech in the town square after being in the Memorial Day Parade.

Several hundred people there listening. Most nervous I ever was in my life.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:10 pm 

SuperMario wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I wrote a paper in grade school about the importance of the American Flag and what it means to me. My paper was picked by the American Legion of our town as a top 3 best paper, and I to read my paper as a speech in the town square after being in the Memorial Day Parade.

Baby McCown just got dragged around the ground in the most disrespectful way possible by SuperMario.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:10 pm 
Regular Reader wrote:

Because of people like SuperMario.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:13 pm 
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I wrote a paper in grade school about the importance of the American Flag and what it means to me. My paper was picked by the American Legion of our town as a top 3 best paper, and I to read my paper as a speech in the town square after being in the Memorial Day Parade.

Baby McCown just got dragged around the ground in the most disrespectful way possible by SuperMario.

That's really the only argument you haven't isn't it? "Ohhh you got shown by that guy!!!" No. Kneeling during the anthem is still respectful and not prohibited in any way by the regulations of our nation about our flag. Dragging it on the ground is. Wearing it as boxers and a Hawaiian shirt with your MAGA hat also is. You should be more respectful towards your country's flag.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:16 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
That's really the only argument you haven't isn't it? "Ohhh you got shown by that guy!!!" No. Kneeling during the anthem is still respectful and not prohibited in any way by the regulations of our nation about our flag. Dragging it on the ground is.
It is. That's why it was done unintentionally and he apologized for it. Do you not get that very basic concept?
Baby McNown wrote:
Wearing it as boxers and a Hawaiian shirt with your MAGA hat also is. You should be more respectful towards your country's flag.
That's actually not true. The boxers and hawaaiian shirt are actually not considered flags and therefore not subject to the flag code. Now, if they were actual flags being worn then it would be.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:16 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

I would say never.

:lol:

I'll take the over.

If she were a guy I'd agree.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:22 pm 
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
That's really the only argument you haven't isn't it? "Ohhh you got shown by that guy!!!" No. Kneeling during the anthem is still respectful and not prohibited in any way by the regulations of our nation about our flag. Dragging it on the ground is.
It is. That's why it was done unintentionally and he apologized for it. Do you not get that very basic concept?
Baby McNown wrote:
Wearing it as boxers and a Hawaiian shirt with your MAGA hat also is. You should be more respectful towards your country's flag.
That's actually not true. The boxers and hawaaiian shirt are actually not considered flags and therefore not subject to the flag code. Now, if they were actual flags being worn then it would be.

The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:22 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Because of people like SuperMario.

This is the better answer from where I sit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:25 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free

You are right with that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:29 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

A flag. A print that looks similar to a flag isn't a flag though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:31 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

A flag. A print that looks similar to a flag isn't a flag though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:32 pm 
It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:42 pm 

Why is Laura Ingraham attempting to stifle free speech?

Lebron James comment does hold merit in one regard. It is debatable whether Trump actually gives a fuck about people. This is the guy that promotes racism and bigotry. This is the guy who has stiffed many a small business owner. This is the guy that hoodwinked people with that fraudulent ass Trump University. This is the guy that has been accused of sexual assault on numerous occasions. This is the guy who has committed adultery against several of his wives including his current one. It really is debatable whether he cares about people.

Last edited by long time guy on Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
:lol: Quoting the flag code.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:52 pm 
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
:lol: Quoting the flag code.

Cut and paste fake lawyer champion chiming in. Shouldn't you be in Home Ec right now junior?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:52 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I never would have pegged Baby as a flag waver.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next