It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Favorite President?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Seacrest wrote:
You guys are hilarious. And never let it be said that RR will skip an attempt to throw a shot at a Republican.

W spent has spent the majority of his life living in Texas, which is where his accent comes from.

And when he owned the Rangers, fans could walk right up to him at games and just sit down and chat with him. Like him or his policies, or not, he has been and is still a very approachable guy.

W may very well be a complete ass. Agreed with all of the above explanations that he's lived the life of an entitled rich brat. My assumption that he would be interesting to hang out with is simply based on the fact that he used to party a lot....may be a false assumption, but I would bet he at least can laugh and have a good time. Can't say I ever got that impression from Bill Clinton, Reagan, Nixon, or most other POTUS. W and Obama really are the only 2 that showed any kind of genuine personality.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:18 pm 

wdelaney72 wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
You guys are hilarious. And never let it be said that RR will skip an attempt to throw a shot at a Republican.

W spent has spent the majority of his life living in Texas, which is where his accent comes from.

And when he owned the Rangers, fans could walk right up to him at games and just sit down and chat with him. Like him or his policies, or not, he has been and is still a very approachable guy.

W may very well be a complete ass. Agreed with all of the above explanations that he's lived the life of an entitled rich brat. My assumption that he would be interesting to hang out with is simply based on the fact that he used to party a lot....may be a false assumption, but I would bet he at least can laugh and have a good time. Can't say I ever got that impression from Bill Clinton, Reagan, Nixon, or most other POTUS. W and Obama really are the only 2 that showed any kind of genuine personality.

I've actually had a couple of beers at a lawn party with the Clintons as the main invited guests. Lots of personality, incredibly magnetic and really witty. Bill held court pretty close to the beer coolers not that it mattered, he was riveting.

Obama on the other hand, always left me with the impression that as soon as he could move on to the next item on his checklist, he was looking to. Guarded and careful with word choice more than anything.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:20 pm 

Agreed on Obama....but his mission has been accomplished. NOW I would think (hope) he'd be less guarded.

I don't know where I heard it before, but I had heard that Bill Clinton IS incredibly charismatic. Upon meeting him you are immediately drawn to him. That may be the case, but in terms of public talking and interviews, he always came across as scripted. He very well may be a fun person to be around.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
wdelaney72 wrote:
Agreed on Obama....but his mission has been accomplished. NOW I would think (hope) he'd be less guarded.

I don't know where I heard it before, but I had heard that Bill Clinton IS incredibly charismatic. Upon meeting him you are immediately drawn to him. That may be the case, but in terms of public talking and interviews, he always came across as scripted. He very well may be a fun person to be around.

Years ago the friend of a friend played golf with Bill Clinton. My friend's friend was not a fan of Clinton's politics at all, but said he was the most charming SOB he had ever met in his life and could sell snow to an Eskimo.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:37 pm 

wdelaney72 wrote:

You're not going to agree/like this, but in small crowds, so is Hillary. Occasionally funny, charismatic and seemingly very earnest once she isn't being lawerly. But in fairness, I met her before she was (changed by being)First Lady.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:39 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Regular Reader wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:

You're not going to agree/like this, but in small crowds, so is Hillary. Occasionally funny, charismatic and seemingly very earnest once she isn't being lawerly. But in fairness, I met her before she was (changed by being)First Lady.

Law school?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:46 pm 

Nas wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:

Law school?

No, back when I worked at So. Shore Bank, when they were setting up lending programs & public/private loan programs/foundations in Arkansas.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:50 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
No, back when I worked at So. Shore Bank, when they were setting up lending programs & public/private loan programs/foundations in Arkansas.

Of course she was friendly...she was living the high life in Arkansas with unlimited blow :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:00 pm 

and she also faked southern accent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:01 pm 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
and she also faked southern accent

A New York one too. Most people save the southern accent for black churches. Even Obama did it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:04 pm 

She was also a lifelong Yankees fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:06 pm 
100000 CLUB

wdelaney72 wrote:

Cubs fan too. She was whatever she thought you wanted her to be.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:14 pm 

Nas wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:

That's one thing in Obama's favor, he is vocal in his loyalty to his south side baseball. From MLB to LL, to elite travel ball teams.

And House music.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:18 pm 

Nas wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:

and a republican

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
My favorite President is probably Teddy Roosevelt, but I think one of the most underrated was LBJ. Love the Haggar phone calls and his love for Fresca. But really more so his handling of the war and understanding he shouldn't run for re-election instead of falling into love with the power.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:55 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Harding and Coolidge don't get the credit they deserve.