It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:53 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
If you were a teacher, would you like to have secure access to a firearm?

No.

Arming teachers or putting guns in classrooms will lead to more injuries and deaths then they would prevent.

This /\/\

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Regular Reader wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Have you ever defined what you believe "society" to be?

Trying to deflectfrom you implying those that are different from you are less than you? Cute.

You do this whenever you get called out for saying things antithetical to your professed liberalism, like your sexism regarding women with differing political views, your slut shaming, and so on.

Inneresting choice of words...

The idiots on Reddit haven't given him his pithy cut and paste tools and racist memes yet

You think an eye roll GIF is objectively racist, of course you do! People on a site you don't like are idiots, as am I for disagreeing with you. Now call a conservative woman a tramp for the trifecta...then cry about your hurt fee-fees.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:54 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
RFDC wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
Thinking about my kid’s High School. You could ask voluntarily if teachers want to be armed—then train them. A handgun for theses volunteers that would be securely held in their classroom via a biometric safe (common, inexpensive, only fingerprints open). My kid goes to a big public school, so I’m guessing about 20, probably younger males, volunteer.

Intruders would not know who is armed and who is not. But a much larger chance to the intruder that fire is returned.

Most importantly, if there were just 5 teachers in my kid’s school that were armed and ran toward the shooter versus running away, deaths would be reduced.

If I were a teacher, I would much prefer to be armed with a simple, locked, hand gun to defend myself and my classroom.

But this week we've learned that this goof was shooting through walls to hit kids, through doors to hit teachers trying to save kids, and how ineffective a handgun probably would have been.

And while the safe is inexpensive in private, you'd be amazed what is budgeted for actual teaching tools in most schools.

Especially after the consultants and big textbook publishers get their slices

If you were a teacher, would you like to have secure access to a firearm?

I am a teacher and I would not. And there are many teachers that I know that have no business having a firearm in the classroom.

I don't think most would. The ones that would are probably the people who we wouldn't want to be armed. You all have enough crap to worry about and are underpaid. Now they want you all to be educators, security, soldiers, therapists, parents, doctors, coaches and punching bags for pennies.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:56 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Trying to deflectfrom you implying those that are different from you are less than you? Cute.

You do this whenever you get called out for saying things antithetical to your professed liberalism, like your sexism regarding women with differing political views, your slut shaming, and so on.

The idiots on Reddit haven't given him his pithy cut and paste tools and racist memes yet

You think an eye roll GIF is objectively racist, of course you do! People on a site you don't like are idiots, as am I for disagreeing with you. Now call a conservative woman a tramp for the trifecta...then cry about your hurt fee-fees.

No I think that you are a racist troll who seems to oddly seek me out except when I post about sports or laughs.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:01 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
SpiralStairs wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

I don't think he has!

It's Adidas and Omaha.

It's okay big fella, you can take the L on this one. It will be cathartic. I promise.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:02 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

No I think that you are a racist troll who seems to oddly seek me out except when I post about sports or laughs.

You think people with differing thoughts on mass shootings are literally "the worst among us". :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:04 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I’m not advocating every teacher carry a sidearm. Those that volunteer can be trained.

Perhaps just a couple of additional people running toward the intruder, or defending their classroom, versus running away, would reduce casualties.

If I were a teacher, and my Dad was, I would want to try to protect the kids in my classroom.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:04 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

You think people with differing thoughts on mass shootings are literally "the worst among us". :lol:

No, just racists.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:06 am 
100000 CLUB

Heisenberg wrote:
I’m not advocating every teacher carry a sidearm. Those that volunteer can be trained.

Perhaps just a couple of additional people running toward the intruder, or defending their classroom, versus running away, would reduce casualties.

If I were a teacher, and my Dad was, I would want to try to protect the kids in my classroom.

I would like to believe that I would help as many kids as possible but I wouldn't try to be a hero. I would try to make it home to my family. That would be the most important thing to me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:08 am 

Regular Reader wrote:

No, just racists.

Ah so the list is expanding? Now people with differing thoughts on suppressing mass school shootings are racist along with dual federalists and eye roll GIFs.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:09 am 

Heisenberg wrote:

I was having real trouble understanding that last sentence. Like why would it matter if both you AND your dad were teachers?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:11 am 

Heisenberg wrote:

Fair enough. And admirable in the thought.

We just just have a difference of opinions on this one.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:13 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

I was having real trouble understanding that last sentence. Like why would it matter if both you AND your dad were teachers?

No, just added perspective. If I were a teacher, I would personally want to have firearm available to protect my classroom and myself.

I guess the fact that my father was a teacher is irrelevant, other than the fact that I sympathize with teachers and what a difficult job they have.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:15 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Regular Reader wrote:

No, just racists.

Ah so the list is expanding? Now people with differing thoughts on suppressing mass school shootings are racist along with dual federalists and eye roll GIFs.

JLN, the day you admit you are racist will be a turning point for the board, and we will all rejoice in your honesty. Plus, all these board bickering "wins" you claim will be validated beyond belief. Truly meaningful stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:16 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

No, just racists.

JLN, the day you admit you are racist will be a turning point for the board, and we will all rejoice in your honesty. Plus, all these board bickering "wins" you claim will be validated beyond belief. Truly meaningful stuff.

Why would I admit to being something I'm definitely not?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:19 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:

Fair enough. And admirable in the thought.

We just just have a difference of opinions on this one.

You’re right, and I appreciate the differen perspectives. If we both taught in the same school, I would be armed and you would not. The intruder wouldn’t know either way, so hopefully that discourages them.

But in no way would I care whether or not you were armed. That’s a personal choice, and I respect that decision.

Last edited by Heisenberg on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:20 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

No, just racists.

Make out with RR and Nas to prove you're not racist.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:21 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

No, just racists.

I'm sorry bro. I must have been reading your posts incorrectly the last year and a half. The planet of the apes gif threw me for a loop as well.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:22 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

No, just racists.

I'm sorry bro. I must have been reading your posts incorrectly the last year and a half. The planet of the apes gif threw me for a loop as well.

That doesn't answer my question, bro.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:24 am 

Just let it out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:25 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

No, just racists.

Make out with RR and Nas to prove you're not racist.

Please spare me your board FanFic. Though I would probably be the least homophobic member of that trio.

Last edited by Juice's Lecture Notes on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:26 am 

Jbi11s wrote:

Just let it out.

Bro, neither does that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:27 am 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:47 am 

pizza_Place: Gigio's in Des Plaines
My son’s 1st grade teacher is hotter than shit. Her entire wardrobe is yoga pants and hooker boots. Add a gun to the equation and we’re talking masturbatory glory.

Yes, I vote yes.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:32 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Jbi11s wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

No, just racists.

That eye roll gif was not racist, and I KNOW racist gifs.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:24 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Regular Reader wrote:
Consider the sources.

And that is a stunningly stupid idea pushed by the worst among us.

"Anyone who says this is stupid who is the worst of our society" will get you 4 more years of Trump. Enjoy!

That is my first reaction. Lets all meet in the middle and make society awesome and progressive but first let me call the republicans this rime after time....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:27 am 

Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Rush and Trump pushing this. Really bad idea.

One of the dumbest ideas ever. Police aren't great at shooting and we expect dozens of teachers to handle the pressure and be great shots. Can you imagine what happens when a teacher accidentally shoots a student? When some angry wild beast of a football player overpowers some small teacher ? When the police rush in and mistake an armed teacher as the active shooter?

It's a colossally dumb idea, but I believe the thinking is that armed teachers will be a deterrent, not that they will actually get in gun battles. Again, very dumb because these shooters aren't rational and they usually know they're going to die. This last guy who lived was a rarity.

They had a armed guy with body armor. A handgun probably isn't a match for an AR15. Like you've pointed out these kids expect to die. This kid could have gotten away if he actually had a plan.

I am not really for arming teachers but this is wrong. Or at least it is a very simplistic opinion. Every confrontation is a specific event.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:29 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
RFDC wrote:
I do not think classroom teachers should be armed.

But a few people throughout campus armed and trained would be helpful.

But even here there were armed school cops on the campus on their daily routine.

We have a school officer who is armed, but he has like 6 buildings he covers. No way he can do that very well.

I would be in favor of a couple administrators in each building being armed so that there are always a couple people in each building ready.

It makes more sense to simply hire more cops, but in public education it's a zero sum game, currently being won by people who want to starve it out.

Including things almost universally accepted as effective, like early childhood education.

As always we can count on you to insert your talking point into a thread on security. You point out perfectly well an opinion there is no money for cops in the schools then you can't stop there. Throw in your slant.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:31 am 
100000 CLUB

Why is "probably isn't" wrong?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:32 am 

RFDC wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
RFDC wrote:
I do not think classroom teachers should be armed.

But a few people throughout campus armed and trained would be helpful.

But even here there were armed school cops on the campus on their daily routine.

We have a school officer who is armed, but he has like 6 buildings he covers. No way he can do that very well.

I would be in favor of a couple administrators in each building being armed so that there are always a couple people in each building ready.

It makes more sense to simply hire more cops, but in public education it's a zero sum game, currently being won by people who want to starve it out.

Including things almost universally accepted as effective, like early childhood education.

i would be in favor of hiring more cops too. But there is not going to be funding for that any time soon.

But dude, there are kids on CNN demanding action. Find the money. The dad pointed out the devotion of TSA at airports. Why not schools? Oh yeah never mind it is only the AR15 and nothing more that will fix things.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next