It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
SuperMario wrote:
Nas wrote:
My memory is a little fuzzy but when I was about 20 I paid $5 for my FOID card and had to wait a couple of days to complete the purchase of a handgun. How are these kids able to get guns the same day?

In Illinois, there is a 3-day waiting period for hand guns. So technically, if I buy a 22 caliber pistol, I have to wait 3 days. But rifles can be purchased the same day. When I bought my dad his AR-15, I was able to get it as soon as the background check cleared.

I still think rifles and shotguns are 24 hour waiting periods.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Darkside wrote:
Nas wrote:
My memory is a little fuzzy but when I was about 20 I paid $5 for my FOID card and had to wait a couple of days to complete the purchase of a handgun. How are these kids able to get guns the same day?

They're not.

Doesn’t that depend on state?For long guns that is. I seem to remember that after I got my residency changed to Montana I was able to walk in and buy a shotgun in dame day. Illinois’ laws are fairly strict.
Handguns still had a 3 day. Illinois has 24 hour wait on long guns. Then they run background.

During the height of assault weapon ban it was easy enough to get AR type guns in any gun shop in Montana. Just had to pay for the grandfathered in weapons. Same as larger magazines than 10 round for glock handguns.

Last edited by Drunk Squirrel on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:02 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
conns7901 wrote:
When I student taught at Morgan Park there were metal detectors at the front doors. Every morning kids would be running into the school to avoid being late and the machines would stay going off as the security guards tried to quickly usher everyone into the building.

Metal detectors might be a good start in schools, doubt parents in say a Naperville would allow this.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:04 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
Nas wrote:

This kid knew the school protocol and the weakness in it. He was able to blend in with other kids and enter the school at the end of the day.

sounds like a strong protocol!

Any kid who goes to high school knows how to get in and get out around security at their school.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:04 am 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Nas wrote:

They're not.

Doesn’t that depend on state?For long guns that is. I seem to remember that after I got my residency changed to Montana I was able to walk in and buy a shotgun in dame day. Illinois’ laws are fairly strict.
Handguns still had a 3 day. Illinois has 24 hour wait on long guns. Then they run background.

During the height of assault weapon ban it was easy enough to get AR type guns in any gun shop in Montana. Just had to pay for the grandfathered in weapons. Same as larger magazines than 10 round for glock handguns.

Yeah... some states allow NICS checks.
Seems to me a mandatory federal level waiting period would be a good idea.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:07 am 

pittmike wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
seems so obvious doesn't it? Couple of full time police officers in every high school. ID badges to get through secured doors like any office building has. X-Ray machines. security cameras around the exterior. Too bad most people aren't really serious about stopping school shootings.

Amen.

Jesus Christ...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:08 am 

Douchebag wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
seems so obvious doesn't it? Couple of full time police officers in every high school. ID badges to get through secured doors like any office building has. X-Ray machines. security cameras around the exterior. Too bad most people aren't really serious about stopping school shootings.

Amen.

Jesus Christ...

No... He's not allowed in schools.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:08 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
conns7901 wrote:
Any kid who goes to high school knows how to get in and get out around security at their school.

that's just bullshit. I can't get in my place of work without two valid id cards and passing security officers. I can't get around security at the airport. I can't get around security going to a ballgame. the point is "security" at schools is crap.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:09 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Cashman wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
When I student taught at Morgan Park there were metal detectors at the front doors. Every morning kids would be running into the school to avoid being late and the machines would stay going off as the security guards tried to quickly usher everyone into the building.

Metal detectors might be a good start in schools, doubt parents in say a Naperville would allow this.

My daughter's high school in the city bragged about not needing them. Even if you've never had an issue I would think they are a good idea at this point.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Darkside wrote:
SuperMario wrote:
Nas wrote:

In Illinois, there is a 3-day waiting period for hand guns. So technically, if I buy a 22 caliber pistol, I have to wait 3 days. But rifles can be purchased the same day. When I bought my dad his AR-15, I was able to get it as soon as the background check cleared.

I still think rifles and shotguns are 24 hour waiting periods.

Yeah, typically to have the background check clear, if I am correct.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:11 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Hatchetman wrote:
You would be one of the first people bitching about a 20% property tax hike to cover these expenses.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:12 am 

Cashman wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

At one point they had Breathalyzers for kids to enter football games at Naperville Central due to so many teens showing up drunk.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Cashman wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Yeah, because then all the heroin addicts at Naperville North would need to find ways to get their paraphernalia in the school by other means.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:16 am 

Nas wrote:
Cashman wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

My daughter's high school in the city bragged about not needing them. Even if you've never had an issue I would think they are a good idea at this point.

100% agreed

Not a good stance to be cocky about this.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:18 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Since most teachers have to buy there own supplies to educate the little cocksuckers.....does this mean that they have to buy their own weapon and ammo? Will they give Golden Apple Awards to the teacher that has the most notches in their gun :roll:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Darkside wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Nas wrote:

They're not.

Yeah... some states allow NICS checks.
Seems to me a mandatory federal level waiting period would be a good idea.

I would think the waiting period even with NICS could provide the cool down effect in some instances. On the other hand I would hate to be in MT on a once in a lifetime hunt and rifle lost, stolen or broke and you can't get a replacement right now.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:21 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

that's just bullshit. I can't get in my place of work without two valid id cards and passing security officers. I can't get around security at the airport. I can't get around security going to a ballgame. the point is "security" at schools is crap.

Amen...

Douchebag wrote:
Jesus Christ...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Illinois background checks are pretty fast usually, 20 minutes maybe from start to finish. Occasionally the state police are slow or back logged. I bought a target shotgun from a local guy and I think it ended up taking 4 days for them to even run the check. According to the dealer it’s not uncommon for this to happen.

In my experience you walk in, say you want that gun and fill out paperwork. You come back 24 hours later and they finish paperwork and run the background in my experience. They want that check as close to the point of you being handed that weapon as possible. At times, with the FOID it almost seems redundant but I’m okay with that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:55 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
This is a good idea. I talk with my hands all the time. Lots of kids are visual learners, so having teachers with arms will only aid in the learning process.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
I don't know the police in schools or metal detectors are the answer. Google tells me there are about 100K public schools in the country and we have 760,000 state and local police officers.

We already can't afford salary/pensions for police now, are we adding 15% more officers to baby sit each building? Pulling existing officers to current schools? I suspect this money could be better put toward prevention. Get a counselor in every school to track and follow the trouble kids.

In the case of these shootings, these are 1 way missions. what good is a metal detector when the person most likely intends to die.

I think the answer is training, testing, and registration for gun owners. Always struck me as crazy I can be cleared for a gun and then I have it the rest of my life. And there needs to be strict penalties for any violation of firearms. I'm sure these will be labeled anti-gun stances, but this comes from a responsible gun owner.

Locked in my basement
Rock River Arms AR15 - multiple 30 magazine
12 gauge shot gun (slug/shot barrel)
Keltec 9mm sub2000 with 30 magazine
Lever action 30-30
22 S&W
9mm S&W
22 marlin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Douchebag wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Amen.

Jesus Christ...

Well when we put the military on each block, that'll free up some time down at the police station for the execution of really smart plans such as this. We're gonna be safe, so safe .... you won't believe how safe we're gonna be, believe me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
The point is to have as many school shootings as possible so they can get guns banned. Of course they can put an end to school shootings the same way they put an end to airplane hijacking, but the desired political goal of the shootings has not yet been reached. So they'll continue.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:42 am 

W_Z wrote:
USA Today wrote:
Oct. 7, 2007: Tyler Peterson, 20, used an AR-15 to kill six and injure one at an apartment in Crandon, Wis., before killing himself.
June 20, 2012: James Eagan Holmes, 24, used an AR-15-style .223-caliber Smith and Wesson rifle with a 100-round magazine, a 12-gauge Remington shotgun and two .40-caliber Glock semi-automatic pistols to kill 12 and injure 58 at a movie theater in Aurora, Colo.
Dec. 14, 2012: Adam Lanza, 20, used an AR-15-style rifle, a .223-caliber Bushmaster, to kill 27 people — his mother, 20 students and six teachers — in Newtown, Conn., before killing himself.
June 7, 2013: John Zawahri, 23, used an AR-15-style .223-caliber rifle and a .44-caliber Remington revolver to kill five and injure three at a home in Santa Monica, Calif., before he was killed.
Oct. 31, 2015: Noah Jacob Harpham, 33, used an AR-15, a .357-caliber revolver and a 9mm semi-automatic pistol to kill three on a street in Colorado Springs, Colo., before he was killed.
Dec. 2, 2015: Syed Rizwyan Farook and Tashfeen Malik, 28 and 27, used two AR-15-style, .223-caliber Remington rifles and two 9 mm handguns to kill 14 and injure 21 at his workplace in San Bernardino, Calif., before they were killed.
June 12, 2016: Omar Mateen, 29, used an AR-15 style rifle (a Sig Sauer MCX), and a 9mm Glock semi-automatic pistol to kill 49 people and injure 50 at an Orlando nightclub before he was killed.
Oct. 1, 2017: Stephen Paddock, 64, used a stockpile of guns including an AR-15 to kill 58 people and injure hundreds at a music festival in Las Vegas before he killed himself.
Nov. 5, 2017: Devin Kelley, 26, used an AR-15 style Ruger rifle to kill 26 people at a church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, before he was killed.
Feb. 14, 2018: Police say Nikolas Cruz, 19, used an AR-15-style rifle to kill at least 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla.

yeah, really hasn't been used that much. no worries.

In half of those incidents the shooters had other, non-AR-15, non-Bushmaster style weapons at the ready, death and maiming still would have certainly resulted. And in all the incidents in which the weapons were purchased lawfully, either through a dealer or private sale, any other non-AR-15 style weapon could have been purchased and used.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:44 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Amen.

Jesus Christ...

Well when we put the military on each block, that'll free up some time down at the police station for the execution of really smart plans such as this. We're gonna be safe, so safe .... you won't believe how safe we're gonna be, believe me.

Think of the children?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Furious Styles wrote:
This is a good idea. I talk with my hands all the time. Lots of kids are visual learners, so having teachers with arms will only aid in the learning process.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:51 am 

Chus wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

At first glance I thought it was a Joe Maddon motivational thing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:23 am 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
W_Z wrote:
USA Today wrote:
Oct. 7, 2007: Tyler Peterson, 20, used an AR-15 to kill six and injure one at an apartment in Crandon, Wis., before killing himself.
June 20, 2012: James Eagan Holmes, 24, used an AR-15-style .223-caliber Smith and Wesson rifle with a 100-round magazine, a 12-gauge Remington shotgun and two .40-caliber Glock semi-automatic pistols to kill 12 and injure 58 at a movie theater in Aurora, Colo.
Dec. 14, 2012: Adam Lanza, 20, used an AR-15-style rifle, a .223-caliber Bushmaster, to kill 27 people — his mother, 20 students and six teachers — in Newtown, Conn., before killing himself.
June 7, 2013: John Zawahri, 23, used an AR-15-style .223-caliber rifle and a .44-caliber Remington revolver to kill five and injure three at a home in Santa Monica, Calif., before he was killed.
Oct. 31, 2015: Noah Jacob Harpham, 33, used an AR-15, a .357-caliber revolver and a 9mm semi-automatic pistol to kill three on a street in Colorado Springs, Colo., before he was killed.
Dec. 2, 2015: Syed Rizwyan Farook and Tashfeen Malik, 28 and 27, used two AR-15-style, .223-caliber Remington rifles and two 9 mm handguns to kill 14 and injure 21 at his workplace in San Bernardino, Calif., before they were killed.
June 12, 2016: Omar Mateen, 29, used an AR-15 style rifle (a Sig Sauer MCX), and a 9mm Glock semi-automatic pistol to kill 49 people and injure 50 at an Orlando nightclub before he was killed.
Oct. 1, 2017: Stephen Paddock, 64, used a stockpile of guns including an AR-15 to kill 58 people and injure hundreds at a music festival in Las Vegas before he killed himself.
Nov. 5, 2017: Devin Kelley, 26, used an AR-15 style Ruger rifle to kill 26 people at a church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, before he was killed.
Feb. 14, 2018: Police say Nikolas Cruz, 19, used an AR-15-style rifle to kill at least 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla.

yeah, really hasn't been used that much. no worries.

In half of those incidents the shooters had other, non-AR-15, non-Bushmaster style weapons at the ready, death and maiming still would have certainly resulted. And in all the incidents in which the weapons were purchased lawfully, either through a dealer or private sale, any other non-AR-15 style weapon could have been purchased and used.

yeah no shit. that has nothing to do with responding to the ignorant declaration that AR-15's are "hardly" ever used in mass shootings. i even took a few other examples out of the USA piece, since the fatalities weren't multiple.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Douchebag wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Amen.

Jesus Christ...

Thoughts and prayers don't help.

Send money.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:57 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
The NRA is reeling. They are beginning to realize the AR-15 will become their undoing. Any spokesperson from their organization will become a laughing stock due to a movement that will just grow stronger and stronger.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
The NRA is reeling. They are beginning to realize the AR-15 will become their undoing. Any spokesperson from their organization will become a laughing stock due to a movement that will just grow stronger and stronger.

They don't lose. We'll soon see a story of a gun owner saving lives or people will just forget about this is another week. I believe twenty 6 year old kids were slaughtered and nothing happened beyond conspiracy theorists mocking the parents of the dead.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next