It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
The 2nd Amendment will not be repealed, no matter how much Brick wants it to be.
BRick didn't say he wants it to be repealed. He said the threat of repealing it should be used as a chip to bring gun nuts like you to the bargaining table.

It’s an empty threat. It’s not gonna bring anyone to the table. Keep calling for it though if it makes you feel better.

It's an empty threat right now but this generation is being raised with much more of an impact on their daily lives from guns than we were. They do mass shooting drills while we did tornado drills.

What percentage of 18 year olds currently do you think have been impacted by gun violence? Is that percentage higher or lower than the percent of 18 year olds who were raised using them and would never give them up?

My guess would be the latter is still significantly larger.

It's near 100 percent who are doing AR15 rampage drills. That's going to have an impact.

As for the long term it depends on how much resistance there is to trying to change things to limit them. There will come a time when people get tired of the extreme obstruction of gun law changes.

That’s a very liberal use of the word impacted but regardless, I didn’t use qualifiers in my question.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
storkinastorm wrote:
Change it to a year. What do you say then?

I don't think anything can stop all mass shootings. That doesn't mean we should do no meaningful changes.

Can't stop 'em all so why bother!

Or pass ineffective legislation with no societal benefit, so we all "feel better."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Heisenberg wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
storkinastorm wrote:

I don't think anything can stop all mass shootings. That doesn't mean we should do no meaningful changes.

Or pass ineffective legislation with no societal benefit, so we all "feel better."

Hey I'm for passing real meaningful legislation.

But that will never happen.

I just get a kick out of the "it's pointless to pass a law if it doesn't stop the intended activity 100%" logic.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:18 pm 

pizza_Place: My own
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
storkinastorm wrote:

I just get a kick out of the "it's pointless to pass a law if it doesn't stop the intended activity 100%" logic.

He's talking about Repealing the 2nd amendment. It better make some real damn meaningful changes to do that because there's no going back.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
storkinastorm wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
storkinastorm wrote:

He's talking about Repealing the 2nd amendment. It better make some real damn meaningful changes to do that because there's no going back.

Agreed. Once the Constitution is changed it can never be changed again.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:21 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
storkinastorm wrote:

Agreed. I personally liked Darkside’s thread about logical gun control laws.

However, I dislike meaningless crap that makes people feel good. For example, banning bump stocks. They should be banned, but that doesn’t solve a damn thing. It just sounds good.

Although I support various causes, I always go for those that are “trying to find a cure” versus those that are “raising awareness.”

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Terry's Peeps wrote:

A close relative of the "Yeah but 10x the amount of people are dying from 'A' so why are we even bothering with 'B' huh?"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:25 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

A close relative of the "Yeah but 10x the amount of people are dying from 'A' so why are we even bothering with 'B' huh?"

WHERE'S THE CALL FOR CHEESEBURGER CONTROL FOR FAT PEOPLE??!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:26 pm 

Heisenberg wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
storkinastorm wrote:

Agreed. I personally liked Darkside’s thread about logical gun control laws.

However, I dislike meaningless crap that makes people feel good. For example, banning bump stocks. They should be banned, but that doesn’t solve a damn thing. It just sounds good.

Although I support various causes, I always go for those that are “trying to find a cure” versus those that are “raising awareness.”

Yeah Darko's post was great.

Unfortunately even that seems to be a bridge too far for MANY gun people.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:32 pm 

storkinastorm wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
storkinastorm wrote:

Let's meet in middle then!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:39 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
storkinastorm wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Let's meet in middle then!

I think we do.

http://thehill.com/opinion/criminal-jus ... ontrols%3F

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:01 pm 

Most of the people screaming about gun control do not have any idea what the current laws are.

Nice link.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Here is a thought more people are shot in an average Chicago weekend than are shot in a school shooting and there are only on average 5-6 a year.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
ZephMarshack wrote:
storkinastorm wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:37 pm 

Telegram Sam wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
storkinastorm wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

:lol:

That's just a stupid comment from someone trying to sound clever. If the 2nd amendment is abolished, we aren't ever going to vote it back in, even if we technically could.

But you know that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:38 pm 

It’s a moot discussion. The 2nd amendment isn’t going anywhere. It’s just rick fantasizing.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:39 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
It’s a moot discussion. The 2nd amendment isn’t going anywhere. It’s just rick fantasizing.

Great post today

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:40 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Great post today

Yep.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
storkinastorm wrote:

That's just a stupid comment from someone trying to sound clever. If the 2nd amendment is abolished, we aren't ever going to vote it back in, even if we technically could.

But you know that.

Agreed, nothing has ever been outlawed by the Constitution and then legalized again.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:48 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
If anyone thinks the 2nd Amendment is going to be abolished, they are out of their mind.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:51 pm 
If anybody thinks that discussion of actual repeal of the Second is anything more than excuse to get people like Chas and Juice riled up please stop voting.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:52 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
If anyone thinks the 2nd Amendment is going to be abolished, they are out of their mind.

Agreed.

It's a shame what you have to resort to when talking to SOMEGUYS about gun control.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:52 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
storkinastorm wrote:

But you know that.

Agreed, nothing has ever been outlawed by the Constitution and then legalized again.

That Mcnown character said something clever once, too. Doesn't mean it's likely to happen again.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:53 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:

Agree. It's all hypothetical.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:53 pm 

Have to love the armed cop on scene stood outside and refused to confront the shooter.

Deputy at Florida high school where 17 were killed 'never went in,' resigns
Justin Boggs

The Broward County Sheriff's deputy who was assigned to be the school resource officer at Stoneman Douglas High School during last week's massacre that left 17 dead resigned this morning after being suspended without pay, Sheriff Scott Israel announced on Thursday.

Israel said that Deputy Scott Peterson was outside of the building during the time of the shooting. According to Israel, video evidence suggested that Peterson remained outside for four minutes. The entire mass shooting lasted an estimated six minutes, Israel said.
Related story: Parkland shooter Nikolas Cruz recorded during 911 call in Palm Beach County

"Scott Peterson was absolutely on campus through this entire event," Israel said. "He was armed, he was in uniform. After seeing video, witness statements, and Scott Peterson's very own statement, I decided this morning to suspend Scott Peterson without pay pending an internal investigation. As is his right, Scott Peterson chose to resign."

Israel claimed that Peterson "clearly" knew there was a shooting, and was seen doing "nothing" on video. Israel added that there were no known issues with communication.

Peterson will be eligible for retirement following his resignation.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:55 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
If anybody thinks that discussion of actual repeal of the Second is anything more than excuse to get people like Chas and Juice riled up please stop voting.

What? Do you not even understand your own party? There’s a pretty significant portion of the left that wants the 2A gone. There’s a reason those types constantly bring up the Australia 1996 incident and similar ones.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:03 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Have to love the armed cop on scene stood outside and refused to confront the shooter.

Justin Boggs

The Broward County Sheriff's deputy who was assigned to be the school resource officer at Stoneman Douglas High School during last week's massacre that left 17 dead resigned this morning after being suspended without pay, Sheriff Scott Israel announced on Thursday.

Israel said that Deputy Scott Peterson was outside of the building during the time of the shooting. According to Israel, video evidence suggested that Peterson remained outside for four minutes. The entire mass shooting lasted an estimated six minutes, Israel said.
Related story: Parkland shooter Nikolas Cruz recorded during 911 call in Palm Beach County

"Scott Peterson was absolutely on campus through this entire event," Israel said. "He was armed, he was in uniform. After seeing video, witness statements, and Scott Peterson's very own statement, I decided this morning to suspend Scott Peterson without pay pending an internal investigation. As is his right, Scott Peterson chose to resign."

Israel claimed that Peterson "clearly" knew there was a shooting, and was seen doing "nothing" on video. Israel added that there were no known issues with communication.

If that kid was unarmed and black the cop would've confronted him and possibly shot him.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
conns7901 wrote:

Justin Boggs

If that kid was unarmed and black the cop would've confronted him and possibly shot him.

Well if he was black it would fit the statistics

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:11 pm 
FavreFan wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

What? Do you not even understand your own party? There’s a pretty significant portion of the left that wants the 2A gone. There’s a reason those types constantly bring up the Australia 1996 incident and similar ones.

You think actual people not just members of the checkmark brigade think the 2nd is going anywhere? Scalia's dipshittedness that you get to have 15 AR's because Murica? Damn right it needs to go away. Nobody thinks the right to own weapons for protection hunting etc are going anywhere. Find a new straw man.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:11 pm 

conns7901 wrote:

Justin Boggs

This is the problem with “I get why he shot first and asked questions later, he just wanted to make it home safely”. The flip side is when in actual danger, many of these guys are fucking cowards and you can apply the same logic.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next