It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
storkinastorm wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I'm most definitely not in the "arm all teachers" camp (but I do believe those who voluntarily wish to be armed should be allowed).

With that said, this is too good of an observation not to share:

neontaster
@neontaster
6h6 hours ago

All the teachers at Hogwarts were armed. Just saying.

That's what passes for a good observation in America in 2018.

Yeah, I was against transgendered bathrooms until I realized all the pigs shit together in Charlotte's Web.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:16 pm 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I'm most definitely not in the "arm all teachers" camp (but I do believe those who voluntarily wish to be armed should be allowed).

neontaster
@neontaster
6h6 hours ago

It's more apt because so many on the left when decrying that the US has become fascist run to Harry Potter (or Handmaid's Tale) as their literary comparison so it's nice to see the tables turned for once there.

Seriously?

That's a thing?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

neontaster
@neontaster
6h6 hours ago

It's more apt because so many on the left when decrying that the US has become fascist run to Harry Potter (or Handmaid's Tale) as their literary comparison so it's nice to see the tables turned for once there.

Seriously?

That's a thing?

yep, especially amongst the blue checkmarks on Twitter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
The famous "People on Twitter."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:21 pm 

I can't fathom using a fictional universe of teenage wizards to make political "points".

Man am I glad I don't see this stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:24 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Quoting Harry potter is counterproductive for both sides.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:39 am 

pizza_Place: ....
Arming the teachers could be done properly if they get the guns that only work with the owner's fingerprints.

The kids would feel much safer knowing that Mrs. Johnson had something she could fire back with if a crazy fucker came a-callin.

The teachers would be a regular Strike Force. Shit, its a government job, send these fuckers off to receive military training. Further strengthens our country's defenses as well.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:40 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Panther pislA wrote:
Arming the teachers could be done properly if they get the guns that only work with the owner's fingerprints.

The kids would feel much safer knowing that Mrs. Johnson had something she could fire back with if a crazy fucker came a-callin.

The teachers would be a regular Strike Force. Shit, its a government job, send these fuckers off to receive military training. Further strengthens our country's defenses as well.

I’ll indulge you for a second before I pass out.

In this scenario, are the teachers getting twice the salary for being teacher + security officer?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:50 am 

pizza_Place: ....
FavreFan wrote:
Panther pislA wrote:

I’ll indulge you for a second before I pass out.

In this scenario, are the teachers getting twice the salary for being teacher + security officer?

Give em a tax break instead - like NO TAXES.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:59 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Rush and Trump pushing this. Really bad idea.

One of the dumbest ideas ever. Police aren't great at shooting and we expect dozens of teachers to handle the pressure and be great shots. Can you imagine what happens when a teacher accidentally shoots a student? When some angry wild beast of a football player overpowers some small teacher ? When the police rush in and mistake an armed teacher as the active shooter?

It's a colossally dumb idea, but I believe the thinking is that armed teachers will be a deterrent, not that they will actually get in gun battles. Again, very dumb because these shooters aren't rational and they usually know they're going to die. This last guy who lived was a rarity.

The whole "every terrorist is a coward" thing sounds good in the aftermath of a tragedy but it's really not accurate.

There are tons of negative things about terrorists. Cowardice isn't really one of them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

Ok. So the teacher has a hand gun. What teacher is gonna enter the hallway to confront the guy with the automatic weapon? That's what nobody talks about.

Christ, the cop didn't want to go into the school in Florida.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

Ok. So the teacher has a hand gun. What teacher is gonna enter the hallway to confront the guy with the automatic weapon? That's what nobody talks about.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:02 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Rush and Trump pushing this. Really bad idea.

One of the dumbest ideas ever. Police aren't great at shooting and we expect dozens of teachers to handle the pressure and be great shots. Can you imagine what happens when a teacher accidentally shoots a student? When some angry wild beast of a football player overpowers some small teacher ? When the police rush in and mistake an armed teacher as the active shooter?

It's a colossally dumb idea, but I believe the thinking is that armed teachers will be a deterrent, not that they will actually get in gun battles. Again, very dumb because these shooters aren't rational and they usually know they're going to die. This last guy who lived was a rarity.

The whole "every terrorist is a coward" thing sounds good in the aftermath of a tragedy but it's really not accurate.

There are tons of negative things about terrorists. Cowardice isn't really one of them.

Careful, Bill Maher was fired from ABC for making this same comment post September 11th.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:06 pm 

Arming teachers is a ridiculous idea.

A lot of them can't even send an email without fucking up.

Armed guards makes sense.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Beardown wrote:

FOUR armed, uniformed police were afraid to confront the shooter. I'm sure a teacher will just flip a switch, and handle the situation perfectly in a split second, among all the chaos.

Never mind what contract negotiations will look like when teachers are now asked to be police officers, as well as of educators.

It's just a ridiculously stupid idea from an ignorant president. I'm not sure which part I find funnier. The part where he simply waves his magic wand to fix this problem, or that he acts like it was his idea, and his alone.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:49 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
If anybody thinks that discussion of actual repeal of the Second is anything more than excuse to get people like Chas and Juice riled up please stop voting.

What? Do you not even understand your own party? There’s a pretty significant portion of the left that wants the 2A gone. There’s a reason those types constantly bring up the Australia 1996 incident and similar ones.

Gone, no, but we can't have any gun for anyone. Our militia is not well-regulated right now, not with Wayne LaPierre's NRA around.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:50 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

neontaster
@neontaster
6h6 hours ago

Seriously?

That's a thing?

Yeah, shitlibs have little childbrains that can't process anything without comparing it to:

Harry Potter
The West Wing
Hamilton
The Hunger Games
The Handmaid's Tale
Game of Thrones
House of Cards

Last edited by Curious Hair on Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Beardown wrote:

IT WASNT AN AUTOMATIC WEAPON !!!!!1!1!1!!1!1!!1!!\/%/1!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:12 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Chus wrote:
Beardown wrote:

FOUR armed, uniformed police were afraid to confront the shooter. I'm sure a teacher will just flip a switch, and handle the situation perfectly in a split second, among all the chaos.

Never mind what contract negotiations will look like when teachers are now asked to be police officers, as well as of educators.

It's just a ridiculously stupid idea from an ignorant president. I'm not sure which part I find funnier. The part where he simply waves his magic wand to fix this problem, or that he acts like it was his idea, and his alone.

You know what though,1 teacher and three students(All ROTC) unarmed gave their lives so that others could live. The police who did not do the job they where hired to do should lose it. Now if say that that coach had a gun,would it have happened the same way?
One thing that is not discussed is the team thing. Why the lone shooter thing seems strange to most people. In the military the found out that out of a platoon of 30 only about 4-5 actually would engage the enemy with aimed fire. That is why they are now broken into fire teams generally built around a crew served weapon. One guy shooting 3 guys backing him up.
One of the reasons snipers are held in high regard is they work alone mostly. It is also why most police department have 2 cops per car or when shit does come down they won't do anything until they get the "backup" they request. Human nature.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11