It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:36 am 

pizza_Place: V & N
Dumb idea, arm some jerkoff football coach at school? - not gonna work.

Armed police officer in every school. 1 per 500 students.

Don’t want to hear about how to pay for it, this country wastes millions every day on bullshit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:37 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Nas wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Nas wrote:
America wrote:
Nas wrote:
They had a armed guy with body armor. A handgun probably isn't a match for an AR15. Like you've pointed out these kids expect to die. This kid could have gotten away if he actually had a plan.

handguns kill more Americans in a day than AR-15's do all year you ignorant fucking genius.

Croissant America I'm aware of this. Kids aren't shooting up schools with handguns. What gay guy are you crushing on today? I bet you're the catcher.

Kids have shot up schools with handguns, and more effectively than with an AR-15 I might add. See Virginia Tech, which still is the deadliest school shooting.

Banning the AR-15 does nothing to stop such shootings, which is why I'm very strongly against the banning of the AR-15.

I'm not advocating for banning anything but that gun has been used in MANY mass shootings for a reason.

It really hasn't been used because it is the most effective. It has been used primarily because of the media attention it draws. It is hardly the most effective weapon. In fact, pistols are more effective as they allow you to more easily get into a densely packed area undetected before opening fire. A long gun is very difficult to conceal and thus not optimal in most cases.

Once again, the deadliest school shooting (Virginia Tech) and the deadliest single person mass shooting (Norway) were not carried out with an AR-15. The weapon seems to be drawing unwarranted attention from gun grabbers because they don't know what the fuck they are talking about when discussing firearms.

Yes. I have been saying for a week that not only aren't they the most effective they really don't have a functional difference than many other guns. Media attention, Call of Duty and the they just look cool and mean are really the attraction.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:44 am 

Nas wrote:
Why is "probably isn't" wrong?

I was just correcting you tactically. There are many instances where a handgun armed person wins over the AR15 armed person.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:49 am 

USA Today wrote:
Oct. 7, 2007: Tyler Peterson, 20, used an AR-15 to kill six and injure one at an apartment in Crandon, Wis., before killing himself.
June 20, 2012: James Eagan Holmes, 24, used an AR-15-style .223-caliber Smith and Wesson rifle with a 100-round magazine, a 12-gauge Remington shotgun and two .40-caliber Glock semi-automatic pistols to kill 12 and injure 58 at a movie theater in Aurora, Colo.
Dec. 14, 2012: Adam Lanza, 20, used an AR-15-style rifle, a .223-caliber Bushmaster, to kill 27 people — his mother, 20 students and six teachers — in Newtown, Conn., before killing himself.
June 7, 2013: John Zawahri, 23, used an AR-15-style .223-caliber rifle and a .44-caliber Remington revolver to kill five and injure three at a home in Santa Monica, Calif., before he was killed.
Oct. 31, 2015: Noah Jacob Harpham, 33, used an AR-15, a .357-caliber revolver and a 9mm semi-automatic pistol to kill three on a street in Colorado Springs, Colo., before he was killed.
Dec. 2, 2015: Syed Rizwyan Farook and Tashfeen Malik, 28 and 27, used two AR-15-style, .223-caliber Remington rifles and two 9 mm handguns to kill 14 and injure 21 at his workplace in San Bernardino, Calif., before they were killed.
June 12, 2016: Omar Mateen, 29, used an AR-15 style rifle (a Sig Sauer MCX), and a 9mm Glock semi-automatic pistol to kill 49 people and injure 50 at an Orlando nightclub before he was killed.
Oct. 1, 2017: Stephen Paddock, 64, used a stockpile of guns including an AR-15 to kill 58 people and injure hundreds at a music festival in Las Vegas before he killed himself.
Nov. 5, 2017: Devin Kelley, 26, used an AR-15 style Ruger rifle to kill 26 people at a church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, before he was killed.
Feb. 14, 2018: Police say Nikolas Cruz, 19, used an AR-15-style rifle to kill at least 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla.

yeah, really hasn't been used that much. no worries.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:05 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Heisenberg wrote:
I’m not advocating every teacher carry a sidearm. Those that volunteer can be trained.

Perhaps just a couple of additional people running toward the intruder, or defending their classroom, versus running away, would reduce casualties.

If I were a teacher, and my Dad was, I would want to try to protect the kids in my classroom.

Where would the gun be? On the teacher, in the classroom?

I think I would be for some type of fingerprint opening safe in the classroom, but not actually on the teacher.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:09 am 

W_Z wrote:
USA Today wrote:
Oct. 7, 2007: Tyler Peterson, 20, used an AR-15 to kill six and injure one at an apartment in Crandon, Wis., before killing himself.
June 20, 2012: James Eagan Holmes, 24, used an AR-15-style .223-caliber Smith and Wesson rifle with a 100-round magazine, a 12-gauge Remington shotgun and two .40-caliber Glock semi-automatic pistols to kill 12 and injure 58 at a movie theater in Aurora, Colo.
Dec. 14, 2012: Adam Lanza, 20, used an AR-15-style rifle, a .223-caliber Bushmaster, to kill 27 people — his mother, 20 students and six teachers — in Newtown, Conn., before killing himself.
June 7, 2013: John Zawahri, 23, used an AR-15-style .223-caliber rifle and a .44-caliber Remington revolver to kill five and injure three at a home in Santa Monica, Calif., before he was killed.
Oct. 31, 2015: Noah Jacob Harpham, 33, used an AR-15, a .357-caliber revolver and a 9mm semi-automatic pistol to kill three on a street in Colorado Springs, Colo., before he was killed.
Dec. 2, 2015: Syed Rizwyan Farook and Tashfeen Malik, 28 and 27, used two AR-15-style, .223-caliber Remington rifles and two 9 mm handguns to kill 14 and injure 21 at his workplace in San Bernardino, Calif., before they were killed.
June 12, 2016: Omar Mateen, 29, used an AR-15 style rifle (a Sig Sauer MCX), and a 9mm Glock semi-automatic pistol to kill 49 people and injure 50 at an Orlando nightclub before he was killed.
Oct. 1, 2017: Stephen Paddock, 64, used a stockpile of guns including an AR-15 to kill 58 people and injure hundreds at a music festival in Las Vegas before he killed himself.
Nov. 5, 2017: Devin Kelley, 26, used an AR-15 style Ruger rifle to kill 26 people at a church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, before he was killed.
Feb. 14, 2018: Police say Nikolas Cruz, 19, used an AR-15-style rifle to kill at least 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla.

I think we should ban the AR15/guns like it and clips over a certain amount of rounds.

If we make some law or amendment, does this open a door to other things such as limiting free speech?

I guess what I am saying is, in theory this is sounds great, but how does this play out? Do shootings stop? Why do all school not have officers posted? Why is there not better security?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:14 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Cashman wrote:
W_Z wrote:
USA Today wrote:

I think we should ban the AR15/guns like it and clips over a certain amount of rounds.

If we make some law or amendment, does this open a door to other things such as limiting free speech?

I guess what I am saying is, in theory this is sounds great, but how does this play out? Do shootings stop? Why do all school not have officers posted? Why is there not better security?

We've banned machine guns and other things and the 1st and 2nd amendments were fine. I think it's too late to ban them anyway.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:18 am 

Nas wrote:
Cashman wrote:
W_Z wrote:
USA Today wrote:

We've banned machine guns and other things and the 1st and 2nd amendments were fine. I think it's too late to ban them anyway.

That might be a side bar into military grade weapons. I could ask, why can't I drive a tank around town? That's pretty simple to answer.

There might be a bigger picture with money in politics to get it banned.

I do wonder, if there is this big of an outrage to ban them, why don't people vote out the lawmakers who refuse to act on this?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:24 am 
100000 CLUB

Cashman wrote:
Nas wrote:
Cashman wrote:
W_Z wrote:
USA Today wrote:

That might be a side bar into military grade weapons. I could ask, why can't I drive a tank around town? That's pretty simple to answer.

There might be a bigger picture with money in politics to get it banned.

I do wonder, if there is this big of an outrage to ban them, why don't people vote out the lawmakers who refuse to act on this?

Assault weapons were banned in the 90's for a decade and it sounds like hunters and guys like Darkside see no purpose in having one.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:25 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Regular Reader wrote:
Heisenberg wrote:
I’m not advocating every teacher carry a sidearm. Those that volunteer can be trained.

Perhaps just a couple of additional people running toward the intruder, or defending their classroom, versus running away, would reduce casualties.

If I were a teacher, and my Dad was, I would want to try to protect the kids in my classroom.

Fair enough. And admirable in the thought.

We just just have a difference of opinions on this one.

The intentions are good, just misguided. The odds of a teacher ever taking out a maniac school shooter are far less than those that the introduction of more guns into the situation will cause someone to get shot in an accident or that a teacher will shoot the aggressive football player in Nas's example and then say he was frightened.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:28 am 

Handguns are more dangerous to society than AR15s!
Let's fill schools with handguns!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:31 am 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Assault weapons were banned in the 90's for a decade and it sounds like hunters and guys like Darkside see no purpose in having one.

I'm not a gun guy and I don't know the language, what defines an "assault" weapon?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:38 am 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

I'm not a gun guy and I don't know the language, what defines an "assault" weapon?

No clue. The AR15 was in that class.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:41 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
W_Z wrote:
USA Today wrote:

Ten times in ten years, so yea not that much.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:41 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

Technically...
An assault weapon has selectable firing modes... detachable magazine... an jntermediate cartridge... effective range of 300 meters.
The ar15 technically isn't an assault rifle as I've alluded to earlier.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:42 am 

Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

No clue. The AR15 was in that class.

It is not technically an assault rifle.
But most people who don't know about guns will call it that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:46 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
thewatcher wrote:

Don’t want to hear about how to pay for it, this country wastes millions every day on bullshit.

seems so obvious doesn't it? Couple of full time police officers in every high school. ID badges to get through secured doors like any office building has. X-Ray machines. security cameras around the exterior. Too bad most people aren't really serious about stopping school shootings.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:48 am 
Site Admin

thewatcher wrote:
Dumb idea, arm some jerkoff football coach at school?

I don't even think we should let those guys teach driver's ed.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:49 am 
100000 CLUB

My memory is a little fuzzy but when I was about 20 I paid $5 for my FOID card and had to wait a couple of days to complete the purchase of a handgun. How are these kids able to get guns the same day?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
As I'm sure it's been said before, AR does not stand for Assault Rifle. It stands for ArmaLite Rifle named after the company that developed it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:50 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:

I will link the old ban below but first... The assault weapon definition as you will read is pretty arbitrary. A lot of it has little to do with function outside of two important things in my opinion. Magazine capacity and flash suppressor. The flash suppressor is that scary thing at the end of a AR15 / M16. It has function but not in that it allows more killing. They used it to simply narrow down legally the ones they wanted banned.

A couple things to know about the ban also. There was the grandfather clause as I assume there would be now. meaning there are many weapons out there now and there would be a run up on purchases up to the effective date of a new ban. Another thing people do not know is the AR15 was still readily available during this bad by companies like Bushmaster. They simply removed the flash suppressor and the end looked like a normal hunting rifle.

Another interesting I remembered while reading the wiki on this was the old bogey man weapon of the time. Yes, the main bad guy gun back then and in the media was not thew AR as much as it was the dreaded AK47!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_A ... eapons_Ban

In the end these bans do not really do much but make people feel ok for now. I firmly believe money is better spent on mental health angles, background check improvement, magazine capacity and law enforcement. Above all not arming teachers but taking school security seriously.

Nas wrote:
My memory is a little fuzzy but when I was about 20 I paid $5 for my FOID card and had to wait a couple of days to complete the purchase of a handgun. How are these kids able to get guns the same day?

They're not.

I forgot to mention sniffer dogs to root all these potheads and glue-sniffers.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:52 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
thewatcher wrote:

seems so obvious doesn't it? Couple of full time police officers in every high school. ID badges to get through secured doors like any office building has. X-Ray machines. security cameras around the exterior. Too bad most people aren't really serious about stopping school shootings.

Amen.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:52 am 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Nas wrote:

In Illinois, there is a 3-day waiting period for hand guns. So technically, if I buy a 22 caliber pistol, I have to wait 3 days. But rifles can be purchased the same day. When I bought my dad his AR-15, I was able to get it as soon as the background check cleared.

Last edited by SuperMario on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:53 am 
100000 CLUB

Hatchetman wrote:
thewatcher wrote:

This kid knew the school protocol and the weakness in it. He was able to blend in with other kids and enter the school at the end of the day.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:54 am 
100000 CLUB

SuperMario wrote:
Nas wrote:

In Illinois, there is a 3-day waiting period for hand guns. So technically, if I buy a 22 caliber pistol, I have to wait 3 days. But rifles can be purchased the same day. When I bought my dad his AR-15, I was able to get it as soon as the background check cleared.

Got it!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:54 am 
Site Admin

SuperMario wrote:
As I'm sure it's been said before, AR does not stand for Assault Rifle. It stands for ArmaLite Rifle named after the company that developed it.

Weapon of choice of the IRA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8wgrZ6t5BA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:58 am 

When I student taught at Morgan Park there were metal detectors at the front doors. Every morning kids would be running into the school to avoid being late and the machines would stay going off as the security guards tried to quickly usher everyone into the building.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:59 am 

Nas wrote:

This kid knew the school protocol and the weakness in it. He was able to blend in with other kids and enter the school at the end of the day.

sounds like a strong protocol!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next