It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:46 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
You've heard from guys like me, who are listening to recommendations and are willing to endorse reasonable recommendations for additional controls and reasonable restrictions on specific weapons and even concessions we don't believe in such as magazine size.
But I'm reading us being called names like ammosexuals and "gun nuts" with our manhood questioned. Our motivations questioned. We're being characterized as hoping for a reason to kill people.
I am well aware that there are fringes of the community that may feel these things.
But do you want to be characterized by the opinions of the fringe community? Is that fair? Has not certain communities such as say, Muslims, not wished to be characterized by the actions of a small minority of terrorists? And the liberal community would agree. Until it comes to gun owners.
We're not all crazy. We don't want to hurt anyone. Some wing factions obviously exist but that does not define the 100 million gun owners in this country.

Try to have some bit of respect in your conversations. The same respect a man of color might want in respect to not being equated with being a gang member selling drugs by virtue of being black because a small fraction of his community might be in gangs.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Darkside wrote:
You've heard from guys like me, who are listening to recommendations and are willing to endorse reasonable recommendations for additional controls and reasonable restrictions on specific weapons and even concessions we don't believe in such as magazine size.
But I'm reading us being called names like ammosexuals and "gun nuts" with our manhood questioned. Our motivations questioned. We're being characterized as hoping for a reason to kill people.
I am well aware that there are fringes of the community that may feel these things.
But do you want to be characterized by the opinions of the fringe community? Is that fair? Has not certain communities such as say, Muslims, not wished to be characterized by the actions of a small minority of terrorists? And the liberal community would agree. Until it comes to gun owners.
We're not all crazy. We don't want to hurt anyone. Some wing factions obviously exist but that does not define the 100 million gun owners in this country.

Try to have some bit of respect in your conversations. The same respect a man of color might want in respect to not being equated with being a gang member selling drugs by virtue of being black because a small fraction of his community might be in gangs.

Extremely well said!

Former host of The Outdoors Experience on WIND and The Great Outdoors on CLTV
http://www.wefishasa.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
It’s easy to look down on people who were raised differently and/or don’t share the same values you do. I think regardless of the topic that’s the answer. I’m not sure there’s more specific to it on this issue.

But obviously Sarley and I are not who you are asking. We can wait for them to respond.

To rock my soul

Last edited by FavreFan on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:52 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
This is actually a good post Darko. It’s such a cute thing. Why don’t people care about our thoughts and even passions? I mean sure it’s controversial but aren’t we at the CFMB put up against the wall and made to defend our ways out to experience 2nd amendment freedom?

Weird the same Bill of Rights applies but you better not ask for that same FOID card to vote. Because you know you can’t encumber rights and such.

LOL

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Darkside wrote:

MANY bad apples on both sides!

For real though, it does alienate people and hinder conversation. Which is a bad thing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
pittmike wrote:
This is actually a good post Darko. It’s such a cute thing. Why don’t people care about our thoughts and even passions? I mean sure it’s controversial but aren’t we at the CFMB put up against the wall and made to defend our ways out to experience 2nd amendment freedom?

Weird the same Bill of Rights applies but you better not ask for that same FOID card to vote. Because you know you can’t encumber rights and such.

LOL

Why so angry, mike?

Your team is winning and libtards are on the run!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:55 pm 

That's a good point, Mike.
Why is it ok to product an ID you must pay for to exercise a constitutional freedom to purchase ammunition but not ok to produce an ID to vote for people who dictate the law of the land?
Are we equally denying constitutional rights to minorities right to defend themselves by charging for the appropriate id as we are denying them a right to vote by asking for an ID?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:56 pm 
Terry's Peeps wrote:
pittmike wrote:

LOL

Why so angry, mike?

Because even when Darko is being reasonable Mike can't help himself from being a petulant little pissant.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:57 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
pittmike wrote:

LOL

Why so angry, mike?

Because even when Darko is being reasonable Mike can't help himself from being a petulant little pissant.

Read his post again. Concentrate. He raises an excellent point.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:59 pm 

Darkside wrote:
That's a good point, Mike.
Why is it ok to product an ID you must pay for to exercise a constitutional freedom to purchase ammunition but not ok to produce an ID to vote for people who dictate the law of the land?
Are we equally denying constitutional rights to minorities right to defend themselves by charging for the appropriate id as we are denying them a right to vote by asking for an ID?

All rights are equal. Some are more equal than others.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Darkside wrote:

:salut: :salut: :salut: :salut:

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Darkside wrote:

tl; read it anyway

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:08 pm 
Darkside wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
pittmike wrote:

LOL

Why so angry, mike?

Read his post again. Concentrate. He raises an excellent point.

No he really doesn't. If he was making an excellent point he wouldn't be trying out for Petulant Little Pissants. He would have just stated his position.

We've been over voter ID before. Go to a national system which is free for all and I'm on board tomorrow. Continue down the path where you can vote with an expired library card in Texas but need your long form birth certificate in a swing state and I'll fight it. The Right seems to scream about national ID proposals though.

I think Mike's post is the exact reason why gun owners are looked at the way you are. Nobody until Heller considered having an arsenal to be "experiencing their second amendment freedoms". You were a wacko who should probably be reported to the FBI to prevent, ya know, mass shootings.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:10 pm 

Baby... Thank you for illustrating my point so perfectly.
I've come around on you in recent months. I'm now fully cognizant of my error in judgement.
Thank you for your time.
Adieu.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:15 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
Nobody until Heller considered having an arsenal to be "experiencing their second amendment freedoms".

:lol:

“Nobody owned several firearms until recently.”

Maybe get back into sports and stop trying political discussions. Just a thought.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:16 pm 
Darkside wrote:
Baby... Thank you for illustrating my point so perfectly.
I've come around on you in recent months. I'm now fully cognizant of my error in judgement.
Thank you for your time.
Adieu.

What point did I illustrate? Is there not truth to the fact that the people so proud of their massive arsenal now would have been locked up and had the key thrown away not more than 20 years ago? And due respect but you can (keep it) on the "defend against a tyrannical govt thing. We had 8 years of supposed "tyrannical govt" according to the gun lovers and they didn't exactly take Washington and raise the Gasden Flag.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:16 pm 
FavreFan wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:
Nobody until Heller considered having an arsenal to be "experiencing their second amendment freedoms".

Maybe get back into sports and stop trying political discussions. Just a thought.

Wow way to misquote me. But ok.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:18 pm 

And with due respect baby I've never said anything about a tyrannical government. I've been pretty fucking clear on the purpose of my firearms. None of my purposes has been a tyrannical government. In fact I took care in my post of recommendations to specifically debunk that need.

This is, again, you perfectly illustrating my point.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:19 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Baby McNown wrote:

Wow way to misquote me. But ok.

I mean... I literally quoted you.

Feel free to explain why my interpretation was off.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:44 am 

FavreFan wrote:
It’s easy to look down on people who were raised differently and/or don’t share the same values you do. I think regardless of the topic that’s the answer. I’m not sure there’s more specific to it on this issue.

But obviously Sarley and I are not who you are asking. We can wait for them to respond.

On the surface we have very little in common. Except Pink Floyd and this place. But I think we like and fully respect each other. Especially about you guys personally from my perspective. Despite FFan's horrid Starr thoughts.

But Baby McNown is aggressively playing defense against a variety of other disingenuous actors here in aims of goals we all generally share. It's damned difficult to stay restrained in this occasion imo and I understand, respect and embrace his passion. While he may at times be viewed as intemperate :wink: by some, at least his feelings are as honest as Darkos, Farvios and Ogie, imo.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:57 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

On the surface we have very little in common. Except Pink Floyd and this place. But I think we like and fully respect each other. Especially about you guys personally from my perspective. Despite FFan's horrid Starr thoughts.

But Baby McNown is aggressively playing defense against a variety of other disingenuous actors here in aims of goals we all generally share. It's damned difficult to stay restrained in this occasion imo and I understand, respect and embrace his passion. While he may at times be viewed as intemperate :wink: by some, at least his feelings are as honest as Darkos, Farvios and Ogie, imo.

I think he was directing it wrong but i respect his passion. Though it may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:05 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSwHtl-f4Z0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:09 am 

Spaulding wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSwHtl-f4Z0

You re high :lol: :P

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:13 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's

I'm fine and I love Reggie Watts.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:38 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
The entire conversation is dishonest. And the dishonesty is not coming from the pro-gun side.

The position on the anti-gun side is simply virtue signalling writ large. If you're not on board with "do something, do anything" regardless of whether or not it saves a single life, these people view you as a monster or even a murderer. And they won't hesitate to attack you as such. Marco Rubio was pretty much called a murderer at that town hall.

Let's be serious. The end game is to disarm the population. Of course no politician can say that. They know it's a loser. That's why they do this dance. And they attempt to ostracize people like Darkside. It's not even subtle.

This is an example of why, even though my politics are almost radically left (particularly when it comes to what I consider the core of what the Left is supposed to be about- the worker), I find mainstream liberalism so distasteful. It's based on the phony premise that "we're better than they are." That was actually articulated by Michelle Obama at the DNC and it's complete and utter bullshit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:41 am 

pizza_Place: V & N
Gun owners I have encountered are typically right wing nut bags. Who think anyone who has a sane thought as to why a person doesn’t need 5 or 100 guns is a gun grabber.

Got no use for gun freaks(a bunch of wanna be cops,and soldiers).

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:37 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The entire conversation is dishonest. And the dishonesty is not coming from the pro-gun side.

The position on the anti-gun side is simply virtue signalling writ large. If you're not on board with "do something, do anything" regardless of whether or not it saves a single life, these people view you as a monster or even a murderer. And they won't hesitate to attack you as such. Marco Rubio was pretty much called a murderer at that town hall.

Let's be serious. The end game is to disarm the population. Of course no politician can say that. They know it's a loser. That's why they do this dance. And they attempt to ostracize people like Darkside. It's not even subtle.

This is an example of why, even though my politics are almost radically left (particularly when it comes to what I consider the core of what the Left is supposed to be about- the worker), I find mainstream liberalism so distasteful. It's based on the phony premise that "we're better than they are." That was actually articulated by Michelle Obama at the DNC and it's complete and utter bullshit.

I think you are being dishonest and a little hyperbolic. You once again focus on the extreme views of the very far left but ignore the very extreme views of the very far right. Those groups cancel on another out.

I assume that MANY here consider me to be liberal and maybe even far to the left. I don't want to disarm the population. If not for being a single father of 3 small kids I probably would still be a gun owner. Seeing the increase in these school shootings requires some action IMO. That's what we want. Guns aren't the problem. That's why MANY of us want to restrict some tools/ access for some members of society and require some form of education and training for new/all gun owners. That's far different from melting guns like gold.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:49 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Nas wrote:
Seeing the increase in these school shootings requires some action IMO. That's what we want. Guns aren't the problem. That's why MANY of us want to restrict some tools/ access for some members of society and require some form of education and training for new/all gun owners. That's far different from melting guns like gold.
This. I have zero problem with responsible gun owners having handguns or hunting rifles. Automatic weapons have no place in a home IMO.

The "gun nuts" are the people who are foaming at the mouth for (an armed) conflict basically daring the Gov't to try and pass new laws. There were 58 innocent concert goers in Las Vegas and 17 children & teachers, among many others over the years, who were slaughtered. If your reaction to that is "dont you DARE prevent me from getting guns" rather than "this is really sad and we as a country should take some measures to prevent things from happening like this again", then we do not have a political or ideological difference. We have a moral difference where one side values a tool over human life.

Like you said in your original post Darko, a full criminal and mental background check along with a waiting period ( 1 week?) is very reasonable and does not infringe upon anybody's rights. If you need a gun "right now" and you aren't in the middle of the woods hunting, I have to question your motives.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: John's
This thread is Julie Dicaro level of "playing victim" :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:09 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
"When you prick us, do we not shoot you?"