It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
America rustles the jimmies of MANY, and their best response to date is "croissant".

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
America rustles the jimmies of MANY, and their best response to date is "croissant".

Or the classic gaslight argument "if you don't like lgbt then you must be closeted".

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
MANY Americans who grew up watching the US vs USSR should be saddened that the biggest Olympic stories are 1) fawning over the sister if a genocidal communist dictator and 2) some mega burrito skater who talked shit about the VP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
The one guy who didn't let down his country was railroaded in the media for telling a girl he wanted to fuck her.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
America wrote:
The one guy who didn't let down his country was railroaded in the media for telling a girl he wanted to fuck her.

Nah, the dumpy curling gold medalist guy is doing fine.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:19 pm 

And the "we don't care it's not a real sport" argument only applies to soccer. Because soccer is not a real sport and nobody should care about it. Even then it would be great if the USA could beat the rest of the world at soccer so maybe they could refocus their efforts into competing at real sports like football, baseball, basketball and even hockey.

But the Olympics are supposed to be about true American superiority. The proof that the melting pot just creates the best people. Was true for a while, but now that it's another made-for-TV event with all these vapid social media personalities think masquerading as "athletes" to cash in on their 15 minutes. It would be one thing if they could bring home some gold medals. Then I could get behind it. Winners get to do whatever they want. But these guys can't even podium. We've gone from "silver medal is first to lose" to "this burrito may have finished 10th but was ~~~fabulous~~~ doing it so it's ok that a country the size of Dallas fucking raped the United States of America in every event".

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:24 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
You seem to keep forgetting that in those other countries, the Olympics is all they have in terms of sports. Here we have many more sports. Our youth play our sports, not Olympic sports. The Olympic sports are fringe sports. That's why nobody cares here even though NBC pushes these nobody kids in our face.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:28 pm 

Excuses.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:28 pm 

America wrote:
Excuses.

You never actually played a sport well did you?

Because you're again proving that you don't understand sports.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:40 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:

That's about all the effort he's worth.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:53 pm 

It is the winter olympics. It does not really even count.

We dominate the real olympics.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Regular Reader wrote:
America wrote:
Excuses.

No--that's me. Well, it could be America as well, but that fits me to a t. Worst athlete on this board.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Both men's and women's figure skating was a disaster... If snow boarding events aren't in Olympics we probably don't finish in top fine medal count.

TL;Dr winter Olympics who gives a shit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:57 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
tommy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
America wrote:
Excuses.

No--that's me. Well, it could be America as well, but that fits me to a t. Worst athlete on this board.

I highly doubt that: lakemoorfestbagheads.jpg.

I was a shitty athlete too. I can run and I can swim because there are no implements involved that I can fuck up with. The Catholic school kids who mainstreamed into my high school used to mock me in gym class because I was so bad at basketball and Catholic school kids are all obsessed with basketball. Another piece of the puzzle, says my therapist.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:03 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
tommy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
America wrote:
Excuses.

I was a shitty athlete too. I can run and I can swim because there are no implements involved that I can fuck up with. The Catholic school kids who mainstreamed into my high school used to mock me in gym class because I was so bad at basketball and Catholic school kids are all obsessed with basketball. Another piece of the puzzle, says my therapist.

:lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Curious Hair wrote:

speaking of basketball, i remember one time running 4s at gross point park just over 94 in skokie i came in from the right side and attempted to do a reverse layup; i ended up bricking it and stumbling backwards into a double back-roll, which i somehow came out of sticking the landing right at the 3pt line and then in one motion as i was standing back up the bricked layup had bounced out to me waist high so in one fluid motion i grabbed the ball and calmly nailed the 3/2pt shot.

all the people waiting on next were like HOLY SHITTTT so i just kinda trotted backwards and did a MJ shrug cuz honestly at that point you're pretty much just on autopilot.

anyways, i'm sure my therapist would say i'm a liar about this one so i'd just have to retort like "so you're saying i'm actually good and creative for thinking this shit up?" =P

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:05 pm 

sinicalypse wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

speaking of basketball, i remember one time running 4s at gross point park just over 94 in skokie i came in from the right side and attempted to do a reverse layup; i ended up bricking it and stumbling backwards into a double back-roll, which i somehow came out of sticking the landing right at the 3pt line and then in one motion as i was standing back up the bricked layup had bounced out to me waist high so in one fluid motion i grabbed the ball and calmly nailed the 3/2pt shot.

all the people waiting on next were like HOLY SHITTTT so i just kinda trotted backwards and did a MJ shrug cuz honestly at that point you're pretty much just on autopilot.

anyways, i'm sure my therapist would say i'm a liar about this one so i'd just have to retort like "so you're saying i'm actually good and creative for thinking this shit up?" =P

Did.not.happen.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Regular Reader wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Yeah.. I don’t think this is anything new. I seam to remember in my youth the US not really having tons of success in winter games.

It used to be fun and entertaining to watch competition for it's own sake, regardless of nationality. I think it really changed when NBC came in with ridiculous money and that for them to make money they had to wrap everything in the flag. Winter or summer.

I don’t know if wrapping in the flag did do much but it has gotten crazy. I loved watching from 84 until at least 96 but i tailed off as I got older. The company my dad worked for had an affiliate in Calgary and we got to go for like 3 days. Beyond being colder than I can ever remember, it was a really cool environment and experience. I imagine it’s changed a bit in the 30 years that have passed.. fuck, 30 years.

I watch a bit now because my boys are at the age where they like the skiing stuff if nothing else. I think it lost charm for me as I realized 1) how much money was involved and 2) how damn curropt the IOC is. More I hear the USOC isn’t any better which probably should come as no surprise.

Last edited by Drunk Squirrel on Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:11 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
tommy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
America wrote:
Excuses.

I can't even swim and my therapist farmed me out to "someone else who, you know . . . might be able to understand . . . you" a few years ago. :lol:

She was a dish, though.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:14 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
They called me "MJ." It really hurt, and after freshman year, there was no floor hockey to redeem myself, but basketball lasted all three years.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
sinicalypse wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Wow. I know the park you're talking about. But I knew it more around 74 than 94. We played baseball there.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:16 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
lakemoorfestbagheads.jpg.

I miss that picture--they seem to have taken it down.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
RFDC wrote:
Did.not.happen.

honestly, i'm not creative enough to imagine such a thing happening if i didn't happen to me in the first place. but whatever gets you through the day, mon frere.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Curious Hair wrote:
Isn't it woke to reject the Winter Olympics for not having BIG BLACK STUDS in it?

What are you talking about? Who do you think we make push all our bobsleds? all big black former sprinters.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:47 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
tommy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
America wrote:
Excuses.

I've always been freakishly small.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:52 am 

tommy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
America wrote:
Excuses.

I've never met you....probably never will.

BUT - I bet you aren't even close to the worst athlete on the board. I've met and competed against MANY board members across the years.
There are many here that couldn't slap their own butt with two hands if they had to.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:59 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Our figure skating was horse shit, the nhl cost us a medal in hockey, no one here gives a fuck about cross country skiing and shooting so we lost all of that and the korean speed skaters were clearly doping. The best 500 skeleton, luge and xx skiing athletes we have didn't compete because they have never even bothered to engage in the activity.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:06 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Croissant America once again hating on the USA while drinking his coffee and warm milk and selling ass outside of a Banana Cafe. Sad!

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
spanky wrote:
tommy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
America wrote:
Excuses.

BUT - I bet you aren't even close to the worst athlete on the board. I've met and competed against MANY board members across the years.
There are many here that couldn't slap their own butt with two hands if they had to.

At the same time or in succession?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:58 am 

spanky wrote:
tommy wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
America wrote:
Excuses.

You aren't the best judge given you've never met me but think I'm fat.