It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:23 am 

im ok guys dont worry. I was a mile away at the club, but the whole building shook like it was an earthquake.

https://www.channel3000.com/news/1-fire ... /766465767

Aftermath- https://twitter.com/WISCTV_News3/status ... 3318951936

Last edited by IkeSouth on Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:29 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Damn,this is scary stuff....glad you're ok.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:38 am 

a subcontractor was digging and they hit a 4" gas main... must have split it wide open. 6:20 they called the fire department for a gas leak, and everyone was evacuated they could find, and like 6:35 it blew up. The fireman that died seems to be the fire chief (from people who i talked to). a few other servicemen and civilians in the hospital. something like 6 buildings gone and all windows on the downtown strip blown out. i am down there a few times a week, i loved the barr house. was built in 1886, its insane to see it disappear like that. glass nickel completely engulfed in flames too, they had the best food in town.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:58 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
No JULIE in WI?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:51 am 

yeah whoever hit the line has to be sick right now... the accident caused a fireman to die.

and i doubt that company's insurance will cover that much damage... theres got to be at least 5 million... maybe 10 or more... i dont know... shit is fucked.

it will be interesting to see if the line was properly marked, or if it was completely missed. i know even if if its marked, all that shows is where it is, it doesnt show depth so you still have to be careful when you start digging near it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:52 am 

a genius wrote:
No JULIE in WI?

Not answering calls for help by any white men.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: Kaiser's - Kenosha
yeah, I saw this on the news last night.
It looked horrible, I didn't know a fireman died.
:(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
a genius wrote:
No JULIE in WI?

:lol:

Whatever commercial liability coverage that guy has isn't gonna be enough, plus he'll never get work again ... then again, I wouldn't be floored if he wasn't made an example of and had the book thrown at him.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Don Tiny wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
a genius wrote:
No JULIE in WI?

plus he'll never get work again ...

I need a ruling, will he be exempted from the tournament of bad?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:39 am 

Don Tiny wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
a genius wrote:
No JULIE in WI?

Whatever commercial liability coverage that guy has isn't gonna be enough, plus he'll never get work again ... then again, I wouldn't be floored if he wasn't made an example of and had the book thrown at him.

its why most companies are going to those giant pressure-suckers to dig now. they spray hard jets of water down, and then a huge truck mounted shop vac thing sucks out the slurry. you can dig without doing damage to anything.

but they are slower than excavators and cost more to operate, so not all contractors use them. But whatever was marked, if i saw a 4" gas line anywhere near where I was digging I would be using my bare fucking hands. makes me think it probably wasn't marked right, or marked at all... but even if it was marked wrong it's still up to the digger to not break the line.

at the end of the day, going with the cheapest bid has consequences. and if this was a TDS subcontractor, i know they were chosen because they were the cheapest bid. TDS has been so far behind on hooking up fiber in sun prairie they have to be losing their ass on the whole project. it's good for TDS to use sub contractors in case of disaster like this, but it's also part of the reason this happens.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
IkeSouth wrote:
a subcontractor was digging and they hit a 4" gas main... must have split it wide open. 6:20 they called the fire department for a gas leak, and everyone was evacuated they could find, and like 6:35 it blew up. The fireman that died seems to be the fire chief (from people who i talked to). a few other servicemen and civilians in the hospital. something like 6 buildings gone and all windows on the downtown strip blown out. i am down there a few times a week, i loved the barr house. was built in 1886, its insane to see it disappear like that. glass nickel completely engulfed in flames too, they had the best food in town.
We were at the Chocolate Caper across the street from the Barr House on Saturday. Did it sustain any damage?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:42 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I guess Stevie Van Zandt really won’t play there now

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:37 pm 

https://twitter.com/WISCTV_News3/status ... 3318951936

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:40 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
We were at the Chocolate Caper across the street from the Barr House on Saturday. Did it sustain any damage?

that building is still standing but all the windows were blown out. very likely sustained structural damage too.

from what it looks like, the barr house had the fuel-air bomb mixture, and thats what actually exploded (theres nothing left), and it appears the blast was somewhat contained to the east because that whole side was brick with almost no windows.

The front of the building was all windows, so it funneled the blast right across the street to glass nickel, and ignited it immediately. If anyone ever been into GN you know its all ancient wood in there... it burned really quickly.

The fireman that died is confirmed the owner of the Barr house. He was the also the captain of SP fire department. I have a feeling he was inside the building trying to get personal belongings out, because everyone else was well evacuated from the area... .

Last edited by IkeSouth on Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
badrogue17 wrote:
I guess Stevie Van Zandt really won’t play there now

And the meat auction will have to be postponed (that was a real thing btw).