It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line

Had a correction on JORRs declared two point game -- my mistake during the original transcription. Everyone hit their first two point game, so everyone is still alive in auto-immunity, but only BRick ran the table. We'll see what happens after the NFL games.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:42 pm 

JORR and Dr. Ken take a step backwards with those NFL games. They've both lost sole control over their own destiny as neither had their 2 point pick come in. Peeps is still alive, but needs to run the table to get the automatic bid into the final. BRick looks to be in control of this so far -- 6 for 6, and a 2 point lead on immunity.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:15 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:10 pm 

We can already declare the winner of this challenge.... Boilermaker Rick! There's no way for anybody else to catch him... congrats BRick on making it to the final showdown! The only thing left to do is figure out which other two players will be joining you.

Players, please vote for JORR, Dr. Ken, or T's Peeps at the cfmbsurvivor@email.com address. Votes for Boilermaker Rick are not valid. You have until Thursday at 7PM to put the votes in... if all four are in earlier, I'll announce it earlier and we can start the end phase. Good luck to all!

EDIT: To be clear, you are voting for who should be eliminated from the finals.

Last edited by newper on Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:12 pm 

newper wrote:

We can already declare the winner of this challenge.... Boilermaker Rick! There's no way for anybody else to catch him... congrats BRick on making it to the final showdown! The only thing left to do is figure out which other two players will be joining you.

Players, please vote for JORR, Dr. Ken, or T's Peeps at the cfmbsurvivor@email.com address. Votes for Boilermaker Rick are not valid. You have until Thursday at 7PM to put the votes in... if all four are in earlier, I'll announce it earlier and we can start the end phase. Good luck to all!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:53 pm 

Edmonton is up 5-1 after the 2nd period, so I'm pretty confident this will be the final score for the challenge for the record... this could come into play for any tiebreak scenarios with the voting. Dr. Ken is on the bottom of the totem pole with 9 points. Next would be JORR and on top would be Terry's Peeps due to the MNF tiebreaker.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Is this when the jury can start voting?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:27 pm 

That's right, TM. More information to be posted tonight after the voting reveal. All votes are in, so I will publish at 7:30PM with results and instructions for the players and the jury. Survivor winner will be announced on Sunday evening.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:48 pm 

It is time for the final challenge vote. The first vote is cast for Dr. Ken. Vote #2 comes in for Terry's Peeps. It is a 1-1 vote with two votes remaining. The third vote is for Terry's Peeps as well. That is 2-1, but Terry holds the tiebreaker over Dr. Ken. It all depends upon the final vote. The fourth vote is also cast for Terry's Peeps. TP, you did extremely well during the Survivor contest, but you have lost this vote 3-1. You've become the last member of the jury, making JORR, Dr. Ken and BRick our three Survivor finalists!!!

To the finalists Boilermaker Rick, Joe Orr Road Rod, and Dr. Kenneth Noisewater, first of all, congratulations on making it to the finals! You've done well with sports predictions and social engineering to make it this far. I wish you each luck on winning the whole thing. I would invite each of you to make a post detailing to the jury why you think they should vote for you as winner of CFMB Survivor Season 3. Did you do well in the contests, picking teams and players correctly? Did you do well in finding immunity idols? Did you do well in social aspects -- befriending people, forming alliances, coordinating hidden backstabs? All of these things could be favorable aspects to the jury. This is your chance to speak up for your gameplay -- impress the jury and get those votes!

To our jury members Toxic Masculinity, IMU, Don Tiny, RFDC, Nas, Matt Murton's Beard, sjboyd0137, donspiracy, and Terry's Peeps, I will be PMing you all just to let you know that we are in jury mode now since I don't know how many of you are still following the thread. First of all, thank you for playing -- it was a really fun time. My one major request would be that each of you cast a vote. The votes will remain anonymous, but without voting, this game doesn't work. I will also not reveal them in the order that they were cast as I have done in the previous challenges, but mix them up mostly for dramatic purposes. The criteria for who should be the winner of this game is up to you -- you alone decide what is important, and what is not. Please feel free to ask questions to the finalists, and think about their responses and opening statements. Please do not cast an insta-vote, but give yourself a couple of days to think about who you think should win. As a juror, you can post anything that you want regarding the game; you can put any question to any finalist. They don't have to answer, but even with a non-answer, perhaps you'll gain some knowledge that helps to sway your vote. I would ask that nobody cast their vote before Friday at 7pm so that you have a chance to absorb feedback from the finalists. All votes are due by Sunday at 6pm at cfmbsurvivor@email.com, but most of you should be watching the Bears, so you might want to get your vote in slightly before then. In this vote, you will be voting for who you want to win, not for who to eliminate. I also will be accepting your last vote before the deadline, so you can change your mind if you would like to. In the event of a three way tie, I will declare RFDC the winner just because I can and he seems like a nice guy. In the event of a two way tie, I will request the jurors to revote with only those two as possible winners.

I really want to thank everybody who played in this contest... it was a lot of fun to run and I hope you had a good time playing in it. I'm looking forward to the next incarnation of the contest an indeterminate number of months from now (with a guarantee of some more soccer stuff for MMB.) :) Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions about how this phase works... I'm really interested to read some of the inside scoop on what was going on behind the scenes. The winner will be revealed in the thread promptly on Sunday at 9pm. And BTW, after the game is officially over, I will reveal the Hidden Immunity Idols (unless it is done earlier in the thread) as I know a lot of you had questions about them, and a few thoughts on how the contest worked in general. Thanks again and good luck to the finalists!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I've been voting for weeks.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

I love how Doc and BRick clawed their way into the finals. Despite a misunderstanding I'm still pulling for my former teammates.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:02 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I'll just say I think I played the game pretty well and thanks to newper.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:08 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You did. Your timing was impeccable. Your team eventually gave up on trying to vote you out. That timing was still great once the teams were scrapped. You've had about 10 lives.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:15 pm 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

You did. Your timing was impeccable. Your team eventually gave up on trying to vote you out. That timing was still great once the teams were scrapped. You've had about 10 lives.

I have to credit Peeps who was my closest ally throughout most of the game. I may drink the water but I won't forget who helped me dig the well.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:18 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Newper, you run a tremendous contest. Seriously, I'm not being snarky, this was incredibly impressive. Thank you for making me look up Winnipeg's record (OK, that was snarky). Thanks for all your efforts.

That being said, at the behest of my family and my dog that's currently eating a small fry from McDonald's (the dog, not my whole family), it is with regret that I must step away from the contest.

It's been one of the great joys of my life to almost finish 3rd in one of these challenges.

But, in all seriousness, thanks again to Newper and best of luck to JORR and BRick who were great in this contest.

....and when this is all over, somebody explain to me how these immunity idols work.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:19 pm 

This is going to be a tough vote. Two of my teammates that I thought had no chance of winning and then JORR who found how many idols?

Would love to hear how JORR found so many idols...and how the other two managed to hang on to get to the finals...

Newper thanks for putting this together, it was fun

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:19 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Does this qualify as a twist?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

Sorry. I thought this was about the TV show. My bad.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:23 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Does this qualify as a twist?

Smooth move to garner votes. Thanks for making the choice even harder.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:27 pm 
Site Admin

RFDC wrote:
This is going to be a tough vote. Two of my teammates that I thought had no chance of winning and then JORR who found how many idols?

Would love to hear how JORR found so many idols...and how the other two managed to hang on to get to the finals...

Newper thanks for putting this together, it was fun

Two of them were pretty easy. One I found by quoting newper's post. Then one was inserted right in Nas's challenge selections for a hockey game. The last one I found was in the Corso GIF. I suspected it was there or in the selection grid above it. For a long time I thought it was embedded as a sound file. I examined the shit out of that photo without finding anything. Then I took one last shot as time was running out and I just saw some words flashing very faintly. The other one I found I don't remember where it was, but I recognized Morse code and was able to translate it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:33 pm 

For the record, I posted one in the sample entry and Nas just took my sample entry and submitted it as his own. :)

The morse code was in the "Bulletin, Bulletin, we have a Bulletin" challenge.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:37 pm 
Site Admin

newper wrote:
For the record, I posted one in the sample entry and Nas just took my sample entry and submitted it as his own. :)

:lol: Are you saying that idol was available in two separate posts?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:43 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
newper wrote:

:lol: Are you saying that idol was available in two separate posts?

Yes -- it was around for a while!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:45 pm 

JORR how did you find your idols? What were they?

How did you know when to use one the only week we didn't vote for you?

Brick, what is the square root of 53?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:50 pm 
Site Admin

Matt Murton's Beard wrote:

See my post above about the idols.

The one time I wasted an idol I wasn't sure how the vote would go. I was hearing various things and wasn't certain what to believe.

A couple of those votes where I played the idols to "save myself" were somewhat arranged. At least I think so. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:53 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

The one time I wasted an idol I wasn't sure how the vote would go. I was hearing various things and wasn't certain what to believe.

A couple of those votes where I played the idols to "save myself" were somewhat arranged. At least I think so. :lol:

Who was the leaky pipe?

Bravo on the Idols. Newper is an insane person, I am sure of this now.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:59 pm 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Who was the leaky pipe?

Bravo on the Idols. Newper is an insane person, I am sure of this now.

Thanks.

I'm not gonna politic anymore. I'll let the way I played speak for itself. I'll talk more after the verdict is rendered if anyone is still interested.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:06 pm 

Why has there never been a great Bears LB with the number 53? You'd think with all the great LBs and all the few 50-ish numbers there would be some crossover.

Warrick Holdman? Nice player. I expect better.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next