It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
So I can vote for Dr. Ken?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
ToxicMasculinity wrote:

Jurors, and jurors only, can vote for Joe Orr Road Rod, Boilermaker Rick, or Dr. Kenneth Noisewater. My only request is you wait until Friday so all can have their say in the thread if they wish.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:06 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
newper wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:

Jurors, and jurors only, can vote for Joe Orr Road Rod, Boilermaker Rick, or Dr. Kenneth Noisewater. My only request is you wait until Friday so all can have their say in the thread if they wish.

Ok his post on retiring through me off. Contestants I prefer to be contacted by Discord DM but if your a luddite board PMs work

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:11 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
ToxicMasculinity wrote:
newper wrote:
ToxicMasculinity wrote:

Ok his post on retiring through me off. Contestants I prefer to be contacted by Discord DM but if your a luddite board PMs work

I've retired many times from this board over the years. This is nothing new.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:00 am 

Matt Murton's Beard wrote:
Brick, what is the square root of 53?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:31 am 

Ok, here is me channeling my inner sini to create a manifesto on my game. If anything, I think it provides an interesting perspective on what happened as it went on. I will say that both Dr. Ken and JORR played great games too. In many ways, they played better than I did and I think all of us are deserving for our own ways.

So, let me start by saying that I'm probably the biggest Survivor fan on the board. I have seen every episode of the series from the start, which seemingly is now more than 550 episodes. I've even tried to convince my wife to let me try out though it is a hard sell to take a 40 day vacation alone to play a game and then come back with parasites and other long term health issues so you can be "That guy from Survivor who got 11th place" when you walk through the supermaket. I point this out for one specific purpose and that is to say how much I enjoyed getting the closest approximation to being on the game that is possible. I had done season 1, and I was voted out first because no one trusted me. That sucked simply because it felt I didn't even get a chance to play the game. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to win and collect the cash prize that newper is graciously providing but it was more about the experience. At the start, I set these goals for myself and hoped I could do most of them.
1) Make the merge
2) Make the jury
3) Win an immunity challenge
4) Find a hidden immunity idol
5) Make the final 3

So, from day 1 I started working on them in that order. I immediately created an alliance of 3 with RFDC and Dr. Ken. Once that was secured, I worked on doing the same with Nas. This alliance merged together pretty quickly and suddenly we had the numbers advantage on our tribe if needed. It did help that two of our tribe members for some reason signed up for the game and literally stopped playing right after that. I would end up voting with this group of 4 throughout, with one notable exception I will get to later. This plan worked out pretty well for us as time went on. We were still working with the rest of the tribe but if things went downhill we knew that we were working together. So, the merge came and the biggest flaw in our plan came to be. Donspiracy seemed to figure this out and made a very strong move to jump to the side of the game where he had the numbers. Donspiracy would have made it far sticking with our tribe but ultimately he and IMU were going to be 5/6 of our group.

So, after that vote we were screwed. They had the numbers and could pick us off one by one. I had been talking with JORR pretty much since the merge and I knew that my only lifeline came from him as his team had already tried and failed to vote him out once and would again. JORR also was a great person to work with because he has the most amazing ability to find hidden immunity idols. It was going to take a lot of things to go our way to get any of us to the finals. There wasn't really room for any of us on the crowded alliance on the other other side. Nas was still working other people on the other tribe but they seemingly were very strong together when the numbers were close. However, the foundation was being laid to eventually switch up the numbers. Now, here is where I am not even sure if I was playing a good game, or JORR was playing a great game and I was along for the ride. RFDC went home, and then it was the toughest decision I had to make. We had to prove to JORR that we would vote with him so we turned on Nas and voted with everyone else. Nas was going home regardless but this was the best play we could do and I thought it was needed. We were down to 2 and JORR's alliance took a shot at him but he played the immunity idol and saved himself which then made things 3-3. The immunity challenge ended up with Dr. Ken, JORR, and me all with the tiebreaker advantage. I had finally done enough to convince JORR I could be trusted and we all voted for boyd after we all made an agreement to go to the end together.

After that, I did talk to Peeps and consider turning on JORR as I think he is the clear favorite to win this and if he does win then it is well deserved. However, I could tell how strong the (((Syndicate))) was and it seems pretty obvious that if any of them besides JORR had made the end they would get every vote. Everyone likes Peeps, donspiracy made a big move, and boyd gets angry a lot and people don't want to be on his bad side. So, it came to the last challenge, which I was able to win and then we could get rid of Peeps who was a bigger threat to win the game than even JORR.

So, I accomplished all of those goals except the hidden immunity idols. It wasn't for a lack of trying. I think newper got roughly 30 emails from me on it, and I went 0 for 30. From Gormandize, to Franksgiving, to boardsplaining I kept on trying. I could tell the morse code one immediately but my wife started asking what those strange beeps were from my phone and I knew that I would have to let that one go.

So, to sum it up, I've enjoyed playing with all of you. I played as hard as I could, but quite honestly as a fan of the game JORR played a better game, and Dr. Ken deserves a ton of credit for getting to the end without ever seeing the tv show and also not making anyone mad. I can say for certain that I wouldn't have made the Final 3 without either of them and any of us are deserving. Thanks to newper. This was a lot of fun.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:56 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
In reading through all of that, one thing really jumped out at me.

There's a cash prize?

BRick played a great game as did JORR. They are both deserving. But BRick carried me to the finish line like I was Ron Santo in a two-man potato sack race.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
JORR: Say something nice about football

BRick: Say something nice about Rex Grossman in less than 4 words

Doc: If Vodka ceased to exist, what would your next drink of choice be?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:21 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Better than Cutler.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:50 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Better than Cutler.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:53 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
JORR: Say something nice about football.

I'm lookin' at the Bears through rose-colored glasses!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:11 am 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Ok, here is me channeling my inner sini to create a manifesto on my game. If anything, I think it provides an interesting perspective on what happened as it went on. I will say that both Dr. Ken and JORR played great games too. In many ways, they played better than I did and I think all of us are deserving for our own ways.

So, let me start by saying that I'm probably the biggest Survivor fan on the board. I have seen every episode of the series from the start, which seemingly is now more than 550 episodes. I've even tried to convince my wife to let me try out though it is a hard sell to take a 40 day vacation alone to play a game and then come back with parasites and other long term health issues so you can be "That guy from Survivor who got 11th place" when you walk through the supermaket. I point this out for one specific purpose and that is to say how much I enjoyed getting the closest approximation to being on the game that is possible. I had done season 1, and I was voted out first because no one trusted me. That sucked simply because it felt I didn't even get a chance to play the game. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to win and collect the cash prize that newper is graciously providing but it was more about the experience. At the start, I set these goals for myself and hoped I could do most of them.
1) Make the merge
2) Make the jury
3) Win an immunity challenge
4) Find a hidden immunity idol
5) Make the final 3

So, from day 1 I started working on them in that order. I immediately created an alliance of 3 with RFDC and Dr. Ken. Once that was secured, I worked on doing the same with Nas. This alliance merged together pretty quickly and suddenly we had the numbers advantage on our tribe if needed. It did help that two of our tribe members for some reason signed up for the game and literally stopped playing right after that. I would end up voting with this group of 4 throughout, with one notable exception I will get to later. This plan worked out pretty well for us as time went on. We were still working with the rest of the tribe but if things went downhill we knew that we were working together. So, the merge came and the biggest flaw in our plan came to be. Donspiracy seemed to figure this out and made a very strong move to jump to the side of the game where he had the numbers. Donspiracy would have made it far sticking with our tribe but ultimately he and IMU were going to be 5/6 of our group.

So, after that vote we were screwed. They had the numbers and could pick us off one by one. I had been talking with JORR pretty much since the merge and I knew that my only lifeline came from him as his team had already tried and failed to vote him out once and would again. JORR also was a great person to work with because he has the most amazing ability to find hidden immunity idols. It was going to take a lot of things to go our way to get any of us to the finals. There wasn't really room for any of us on the crowded alliance on the other other side. Nas was still working other people on the other tribe but they seemingly were very strong together when the numbers were close. However, the foundation was being laid to eventually switch up the numbers. Now, here is where I am not even sure if I was playing a good game, or JORR was playing a great game and I was along for the ride. RFDC went home, and then it was the toughest decision I had to make. We had to prove to JORR that we would vote with him so we turned on Nas and voted with everyone else. Nas was going home regardless but this was the best play we could do and I thought it was needed. We were down to 2 and JORR's alliance took a shot at him but he played the immunity idol and saved himself which then made things 3-3. The immunity challenge ended up with Dr. Ken, JORR, and me all with the tiebreaker advantage. I had finally done enough to convince JORR I could be trusted and we all voted for boyd after we all made an agreement to go to the end together.

After that, I did talk to Peeps and consider turning on JORR as I think he is the clear favorite to win this and if he does win then it is well deserved. However, I could tell how strong the (((Syndicate))) was and it seems pretty obvious that if any of them besides JORR had made the end they would get every vote. Everyone likes Peeps, donspiracy made a big move, and boyd gets angry a lot and people don't want to be on his bad side. So, it came to the last challenge, which I was able to win and then we could get rid of Peeps who was a bigger threat to win the game than even JORR.

So, I accomplished all of those goals except the hidden immunity idols. It wasn't for a lack of trying. I think newper got roughly 30 emails from me on it, and I went 0 for 30. From Gormandize, to Franksgiving, to boardsplaining I kept on trying. I could tell the morse code one immediately but my wife started asking what those strange beeps were from my phone and I knew that I would have to let that one go.

So, to sum it up, I've enjoyed playing with all of you. I played as hard as I could, but quite honestly as a fan of the game JORR played a better game, and Dr. Ken deserves a ton of credit for getting to the end without ever seeing the tv show and also not making anyone mad. I can say for certain that I wouldn't have made the Final 3 without either of them and any of us are deserving. Thanks to newper. This was a lot of fun.

My main alliance in this game was Peeps. I didn't really have any discussion throughout the game with anyone other than he and Rick. My original plan was to try to get to the final with the two of them as they were the two guys I thought I could trust the most- as much as anyone can be trusted in this game. But if you're going to win you have to gamble on people at some point.

Peeps seemed to be a leader of the alliance I voted with for most of the contest. There were two votes where I played idols and it appeared I would have been voted out without doing so but the votes were actually set up by Peeps and me to make it appear that way. Peeps knew I had the idols and directed the vote against me. Boyd also knew but the others did not. I knew the first one had newper scratching his head because he even posted something like "it appears hijinks were afoot in that vote."

The vote where Boyd went out was the critical one in the game. I wasn't sure what to do there. I had come to believe that I was the number 3 guy in my alliance with Peeps and Boyd. I flat out told Rick I was probably going to vote for him or Doc. I didn't want to get outnumbered by the remains of the IGA and voting for Boyd was going to set that up. I was going to play the idol so I wasn't concerned about that vote specifically but I was looking down the road. I had to make a choice. Rick, Doc, and I formed what turned out to be an airtight alliance the rest of the way. I still wasn't 100% sure it would go the way it did. I thought there was a possibility Rick and Doc would join Peeps to oust me. I felt bad about turning on Peeps but then he turned on me in the same vote. :lol: And I knew if Peeps won immunity in the last challenge I was out for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:42 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Doc: If Vodka ceased to exist, what would your next drink of choice be?

Poison.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:50 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I didn't reach out to JORR because I thought his team was actually trying to vote him out. I reached out to Peeps because I assumed that he leading that charge. Once RFDC got the boot I knew I was next based on my messages with Peeps and MMB. I started to vote for myself.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:03 am 
Site Admin

I knew Rick and Doc would stick together no matter what so I saw a scenario where the fourth guy- who it appeared would be Peeps- won immunity and then I was out. So I wanted to keep a possible back door open where I could at least have a tie.

Before the vote where Donspiracy went out Peeps and I talked and I said let's vote for Don and we'll see what happens. My question for Peeps is, why did you vote for Rick? You knew there were 3 votes for Don. Were you just setting Don up to vote for you if you made it to the jury?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:07 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The vote where Boyd went out was the critical one in the game. I wasn't sure what to do there. I had come to believe that I was the number 3 guy in my alliance with Peeps and Boyd. I flat out told Rick I was probably going to vote for him or Doc. I didn't want to get outnumbered by the remains of the IGA and voting for Boyd was going to set that up. I was going to play the idol so I wasn't concerned about that vote specifically but I was looking down the road. I had to make a choice. Rick, Doc, and I formed what turned out to be an airtight alliance the rest of the way. I still wasn't 100% sure it would go the way it did. I thought there was a possibility Rick and Doc would join Peeps to oust me. I felt bad about turning on Peeps but then he turned on me in the same vote. :lol: And I knew if Peeps won immunity in the last challenge I was out for sure.

Oddly enough, I'd been working under the assumption that I was at the bottom of whatever alliance I was in...I was shocked I lasted as long as I did.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:32 pm 

About half the votes are in -- friendly reminder to everyone else to please send in your vote!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:20 pm 

Will you reveal who voted and why we voted for said person similar to the TV show?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:43 pm 

Matt Murton's Beard wrote:
Will you reveal who voted and why we voted for said person similar to the TV show?

I don't think I can pull off the "why" part -- you might need to handle that.

In the past we've usually shown the individual round votes, but I'm leaving out the finals going forward just because I want to encourage people to vote in it and they have no real reason to other than to support the game. We'll see how people want to handle this now that we are in the #MeToo era. Eight years from now, you might be up for a promotion and all of the sudden they find out you voted for Don Tiny and you are blacklisted.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:50 pm 

All the votes are in. Winner to be announced at 8PM.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:01 pm 

We have all nine votes in. In some cases, they did not actually pass through to the email address, so we can say goodbye to this going forward, but I was able to reach out to all those affected via pm. This is a showdown between Joe Orr Road Rodd, Dr. Kenneth Noisewater, and Boilermaker Rick. There are no more idols to be played, no more schemes to be schemed. We are at the final vote. I really want to thank all of the voters for voting; the game only works if everyone votes. That being said, let's get to the votes.

Vote #1 is cast for JORR. The second vote is also cast for JORR. Vote #3 is for Dr. Ken. That is 2 for JORR and 1 for Dr. Ken. Vote #4 is for Boilermaker Rick. 2-1-1. Vote #5 comes in for Dr. Ken. That makes it 2-2-1. The sixth vote is cast for Dr. Ken -- Dr. Ken with 3, JORR with 2 and 1 for Brick. The seventh vote comes in for Boilermaker Rick. That makes it Dr Ken 3, JORR 2, and BRick 2, with two votes left. Anyone can win. The next vote is cast for.... JORR. JORR has 3, Dr. Ken has 3, and BRick has 2. One more vote remains. If there is a three way tie, according to the rules established prior to the vote, RFDC will win. I'm opening the final vote. There will be no tie, sorry to RFDC and Boilermaker Rick. The final vote has been cast for.... one of our favorite board members.... a guy who has played the game really well.... someone who can't wait to hear the final announcement... yes, it is Dr. Kenneth Noisewater!! He wins with 4-3-2 in votes.. I congratulate all of the players for playing! You guys have been awesome, and I have had a lot of fun this whole time, and hope you have had fun too. See you next season, for now, bon voyage, good bye, and see ya.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:06 pm 
Site Admin

Congrats Dr. Ken!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:28 pm 

Well, this is quite the turn of events.

Thanks again to newper for running a very complicated contest. That takes a lot of work.

Special thanks to BRick. I wouldn't be here without him and JORR joining us later in the game.

And to all those that voted for me, thanks to you as well.

And to those that didn't, I'm sure you had your reasons. Probably.

And with this, I announce my retirement from CFMB Survivor. Thanks, newper.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:59 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
And with this, I announce my retirement from CFMB Survivor. Thanks, newper.

Thanks for the kind words -- I enjoyed running it. I hope you do come back, regardless of your comments there... good luck on making it past the first three votes though.

Thinking about maybe a Big Brother style thing instead of Survivor for next round... anyways, nothing to happen for many months. Thanks for all that played and have a happy holiday to all!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:03 pm 

I'm sure your people and my people can negotiate an appropriate appearance fee for future specials.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:06 pm 

Well done. Congrats Dr. Ken.

I got part of the negotiations sent to me.

Quote:
newper: They did it, they did it, Dr Ken, they voted JORR down. And they only had one condition, and that's the best part. They want you to run the podcast again.
Dr. Ken: No, no, this is my last chance to get away from here. Boilermaker Rick is your man, he will run the podcast.
newper: But Dr. Ken, they'll vote with JORR otherwise......

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:08 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:08 pm 

Also thanks to newper. This was very well run and I'm sure it was difficult.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:20 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Congrats Doc! Newper you put together one helluva competition. MANY are saying that it was the best. Thanks for taking the time to put this together.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:27 pm 

Nas wrote:
Congrats Doc! Newper you put together one helluva competition. MANY are saying that it was the best. Thanks for taking the time to put this together.

Thanks to all -- honestly, it was fun! I am working on an idea for baseball season that I think MANY will enjoy, but will probably be limited to 16 people. I don't want to spill the beans yet, but in a few months, I will share the word. Thanks again, everyone who played!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next