All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Dreams
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:27 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
You got the name and general description correct and if I was hosting a party I’d make sure you guys didn’t talk politics. Definitely at opposite ends of the spectrum :lol:

It’s wild because the line ‘that’s not how we do it’…. That would be his exact reaction :lol: :lol:

:lol: Awesome. And very odd. :lol: :lol:

I remembered one more thing from the dream. Ralph and I were being interviewed by Anderson Cooper (I know why that was. I watched the Chapelle special right before bed and he mentions Anderson Cooper.) about how we revolutionized voting. He had a graphic that was a map of the United States that showed how our "machines" were spreading across the nation. There was a little icon that looked like the "machine"- a tiny red and blue box- and Anderson was explaining how we started in the Midwest and rolled our machines out across the country. As he talked the map began filling in with icons until the whole thing was covered and each time an icon was added it made a little videogame type noise and as more and more were added there was a cacophony of blips.

How much did you drink last night?

:lol: Oddly enough I only had two 16 oz. Pabst Blue Ribbons but that was well before bedtime.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
You got the name and general description correct and if I was hosting a party I’d make sure you guys didn’t talk politics. Definitely at opposite ends of the spectrum :lol:

It’s wild because the line ‘that’s not how we do it’…. That would be his exact reaction :lol: :lol:

:lol: Awesome. And very odd. :lol: :lol:

I remembered one more thing from the dream. Ralph and I were being interviewed by Anderson Cooper (I know why that was. I watched the Chapelle special right before bed and he mentions Anderson Cooper.) about how we revolutionized voting. He had a graphic that was a map of the United States that showed how our "machines" were spreading across the nation. There was a little icon that looked like the "machine"- a tiny red and blue box- and Anderson was explaining how we started in the Midwest and rolled our machines out across the country. As he talked the map began filling in with icons until the whole thing was covered and each time an icon was added it made a little videogame type noise and as more and more were added there was a cacophony of blips.

How much did you drink last night?

:lol: Oddly enough I only had two 16 oz. Pabst Blue Ribbons but that was well before bedtime.

Must be the peyote, then :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:00 pm 
Site Admin

I seriously think I may be breaking down mentally. My dreams have been getting more vivid and more intense. Maybe I'm taking too much Vitamin D, Zinc, and Quercetin. :lol: I wouldn't call the dreams nightmares but there is usually a sense of foreboding or an unpleasantness to them. The one I had last night wan't unpleasant but it was certainly odd.

I was involved in an orgy. there were four of us, two guys, two girls. The guy and one of the girls were faceless. I mean, I couldn't tell you what their faces looked like and I don't know if they were anyone I know. Maybe I'm repressing it because it's too horrible to remember. :lol: The faceless girl had a nice skinny athletic body. The other female was a girl I worked with at an Italian restaurant over 40 years ago.

I haven't had a thought about this girl in 40 years. As a horny teenager, I had crushes on many of the waitresses with whom I worked in that time frame, but never this girl. In fact, I found her highly annoying. She wasn't unattractive, but just really not my preferred look and as I said, annoying as fuck. I looked her up on the Internet this morning and she does look good for a broad in her 60s. Anyway, in the dream she was an idealized version of the actual girl. She had a body like Scarlett Johansson. BAM! I also remember she had a rose tattoo on her right calf. In the dream, not in real life. After the orgy when we got dressed she was wearing a tight white t-shirt and clamdigger length blue jeans with cuffs and gym shoes. She looked good. During the orgy I had been more into the skinny one, but now the one I worked with was all into me. I really wanted her to be my girlfriend. We started making out and it was pretty cool. Then my wife shoved my in the ribs and I woke up. I guess I must have been snoring.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Then my wife shoved my in the ribs and I woke up.

Hopefully before you and the guy started going at it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:22 pm 
Site Admin

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Then my wife shoved my in the ribs and I woke up.

Hopefully before you and the guy started going at it.

:lol: Thankfully, yes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Angie's
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
i have recurring dreams about being at college and in my dorm. the hallways and elevators are always different looking, but in my mind, i know thats where i am. its usually random people coming by or me going through things like drawers and cabinets or walking around the area near the dorm. Its probably a sense of unfinished business, since i only went for a year before dropping out. Just strange that the majority of the dreams i remember are that "location"

I have a similar recurring dream, and probably for the same reasons you point to. It's funny how the brain (or the unconscious) stores a bunch of memories and desires inside of an image, animated and malleable as that image may be. Kind of like a hyperlink, but more like a depository, arranged by its own quirky logic.

If that part of the brain was your friend, half the time it would be the offbeat, weird guy who makes you laugh but sometimes confuses you with his strange takes and references to stuff that happened in kindergarten. (The other half of the time, he'd freak you out with stories about Nazi tarantulas chasing you near the Washington Monument.)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:00 pm 

Just breaking out my Spaulding Thesaurus Of The Wild Suburbs: four people is not an orgy, its swapping.

Also, I'm more troubled that your dreams included another dude in the room, instead of a third woman.

Do you have any good stories about music groupies from your days on stage? Spiegal has gotten wives out of being a cover band. I imagine you must have pulled some.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:31 am 

Had a really strange dream last night. I was in the old NWA saturday night wrestling studio and Ivan Koloff and Nikita Koloff were giving an interview at the podium.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
I have a recurring dream that I live in a mansion, but with only a family of three, I don't know what to do with all the rooms. Most are empty and I end up cleaning them in the dream. The backyard is set up with a fireplace and the Roman-esque wall at Millennium Park. Usually by the end, I'm siting around the fire alone. I've assumed this is my mind preparing me for my end of life journey.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Recurring dreams are so boring. How many goddam times do I have to wander around looking for my parked car? The kicker is I walk right through peoples' houses as a shortcut to get over to the next block or the alley. Once my brain does that, I know it's a dream and I wake up.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:35 am 

I had a dream my wife was pregnant. I was cool with the situation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:38 am 
Site Admin

I don't remember this one but it must have been pretty good. I'm blaming the Chicken 65 I had for dinner.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:39 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Good Dolphin, Noisewater, and JORR have all appeared in my dreams. What a nightmare.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:07 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I don't remember this one but it must have been pretty good. I'm blaming the Chicken 65 I had for dinner.

you have feminine handwriting

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Tall Midget wrote:
Good Dolphin, Noisewater, and JORR have all appeared in my dreams. What a nightmare.

Were they sexual?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Spaulding wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Were they sexual?

It just screams circlejerk.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Were they sexual?

It just screams circlejerk.

Could be creeping into lemon party territory.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants