It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dreams
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:07 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Use this thread to describe any odd or interesting dream you may have if you can remember them.

I just had a nightmare, I guess you would call it a nightmare. I actually got up and wanted to write it down before I forget it.

I was spending the night at someone else's house. My mom and my sister were spending the night there too. My sister had at least one friend with her. I believe one was a girl we grew up with named Cathy Shield but she didn't look exactly like Cathy in the dream. It was very vague and, well, dreamlike.

I was staying in an upstairs bedroom with two of my friends. One of them was undefined and he was sleeping on a low cot. The other friend was Curious Hair. I don't know what he looked like. I've never met Curious Hair. I just know it was him. Curious Hair and I were sharing a queen bed. It wasn't sexual though. The Curious Hair character definitely did not look like Ryan Phillippe. In fact, if there was anything at all sexual about this dream it was a vague sense that maybe I should be trying to bang the Cathy Shield character rather than playing records with Curious Hair and the other guy. But playing the records seemed more interesting and it was what I really wanted to be doing.

In fact, I did not want to be bothered by my sister and her friends who kind of vacillated in the dream between being little kids and teenagers. I was my current age. Curious Hair was Curious Hair. The other guy was undefined but he was at least an older teenager if not an adult.

I had locked the door to our room so as not to be disturbed by the girls. But for some reason my mom decided she was going to open the lock for them. I was crazy pissed and I ran over and slammed the door back shut and locked it again and yelled at my mom who was acting like it was no big deal. "Let them play too. They just want to be part of the fun."

I got the door shut and we went back to listening to albums. I was playing Loaded by the Velvet Underground, specifically "Sweet Jane". As it played I was explaining it like a rock critic to an obviously bored Curious Hair and the other guy whose opinion I didn't care about (maybe it was Darkside :lol: ). Curious Hair seemed to be falling asleep. The other guy decided it was his turn to play one and he removed the needle from the record and went to put something else on. I was explaining to Curious Hair that the best part of "Sweet Jane" was actually the guitar play on the outro, when my sister and Cathy picked the lock again. I became absolutely furious. Cathy was wearing a long wool nightie. I slapped my sister across the face. Then I slapped her again. She yelled for our mom. And started screaming about having me arrested. Then she went to a closet down the hall and released a hairy bat that was literally the size of a horse. That was when I awakened in a cold sweat and began typing this.

Post subject: Re: Dreams
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:59 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Ive had dreams about this forum and it's members. I think i've posted them on here when I had them. Right now i don't remember what they were though.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:09 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Last night I had a crazy dream about a chick in a black bikini, unhh...Don't ya just love it?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:28 am 

Does this mean that you have sexual feelings for Curious Hair?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:33 am 

RFDC wrote:

I am awaiting Curious Hair to see this and respond.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:34 am 
Site Admin

RFDC wrote:

I told you the dream was not sexual at all. (Though I suppose Freud might say that all dreams are sexual.) Like most guys, I'm very visual. It would be quite difficult for me to be attracted to someone without knowing what they look like. Curious Hair's intelligence and humor alone might do it for some girls, but that alone just doesn't work for me. :lol:

Also, it's interesting to note that in the dream I was going on about the guitar "outro" to "Sweet Jane" as my sister was busting into the room when I was actually talking about the intro.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:41 am 

How do you really know it wasn't sexual tho, eh???

I think it is cute, we need a board romance to get things going around here.

Maybe you can notice some things in CH's lower half that need to get straightened out.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:43 am 

RFDC wrote:
How do you really know it wasn't sexual tho, eh???

I think it is cute, we need a board romance to get things going around here.

Maybe you can notice some things in CH's lower half that need to get straightened out.

Yep nothing sexual at all about JORR and CH sleeping in the same bed.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:50 am 

I've described some of my more vivid dreams in the past.

The one with the person I know, who eventually became both a bishop and the recruiter for exorcists in the US (although he wasn't at the time), where he denied he was the antichrist, is one that sticks with me. I can still see him walking down the aisle with a lion in bishop's garb.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Eaglo wrote:

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:27 pm 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
So, I've had re-occurring dreams, like decades, from my teens...in all of them it is a bright day and I witness an air disaster...over the years it's been big planes, small planes, blimps (recently it was a transformer type of thing)...and yet nothing ever happens...there is no explosions, fire anything...and it's never troubling...there is no sense of calamity...

but i swear to god, every fricking time, in my dream i tell myself "well, it's finally happening now, isn't it" :P

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

OscarTangoEcho wrote:
So, I've had re-occurring dreams, like decades, from my teens...in all of them it is a bright day and I witness an air disaster...over the years it's been big planes, small planes, blimps (recently it was a transformer type of thing)...and yet nothing ever happens...there is no explosions, fire anything...and it's never troubling...there is no sense of calamity...

but i swear to god, every fricking time, in my dream i tell myself "well, it's finally happening now, isn't it" :P

That's interesting. I have a recurring dream that I've had MANY times throughout my life, though I haven't had it in a long time- maybe since my mom died. I guess that could mean something. I'm outside a foundry and furnaces are sparking and cauldrons are bubbling with molten steel. I think the location of the plant is on Cortland Street. It could be A. Finkl. I'm sure the dream is informed by driving past there on the way to my grandmother's house. Anyway, similar to yours, there is a strong sense of foreboding but nothing bad ever happens before I wake up. It was definitely a nightmare when I was a kid. But after having the dream so many times, it's almost become comforting. This is probably the longest period I've gone without having it. And I'm sorry I haven't had it in so long.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
OscarTangoEcho wrote:

God's way of letting you know you're aiming too high in life and should stick to the swiping-right-on-over 30-single-moms variety of life goals

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
i have recurring dreams about being at college and in my dorm. the hallways and elevators are always different looking, but in my mind, i know thats where i am. its usually random people coming by or me going through things like drawers and cabinets or walking around the area near the dorm. Its probably a sense of unfinished business, since i only went for a year before dropping out. Just strange that the majority of the dreams i remember are that "location"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I think McVie’s baseline really sets the mood .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
I finally had a vivid dream I was able to remember and still remember as typing this. And it was an awesome dream!

So I as on the San Francisco Giants baseball team playing at Oracle Park.

I was the #2 batter up and I hit a home run to center field. I saw it fly over the '410' sign a bit to the right of the 410 marking. It cleared the fence by a good 2/3 feet. and it was a arching home run, not a line drive.

Then I was in my son's apartment showing him and his gf the replay on the news broadcast that it was me! That look how awesome that was! I hit a Major League Home Run! To my astonishment in the dream they didnt take it as a big deal. They were like 'ok cool' but that's it. Like it was no big thing to celebrate about.

I looked up on the internet that dreaming about hitting a hr is a good thing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

I dreamt about going into a store and buying $17 socks, followed by shopping online for cheap, high quality jerseys.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:48 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I am awaiting Curious Hair to see this and respond.

I am really disappointed we never got a CH response to this thread.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:11 am 
Site Admin

I had a very strange CFMB related dream last night. It was particularly odd because it involved not just a guy who no longer even posts here, but that guy's father-in-law.

If you're friends with Hank Scorpio on Facebook, you may have noticed that his FIL is the kind of guy who likes building stuff. He'll do things like make elaborate Halloween costumes for Hank's kids or build a backyard playground that's better than a professional one you'd see in a park. He seems sort of like if you crossed Bob Vila with Martha Stewart. I'm sure the guy could build a beautiful house from scratch by himself if he had the time and inclination.

Now remember, I think I've only met Hank in person one time (MCNUGGETS 80!) and it's not like I even spend much time messing around on Facebook. I'm certainly not stalking Hank's feed. I think he and his wife just happen to post a lot of pictures of their kids.

Anyway, in the dream I was at a cocktail party. I'm not sure where it was. I didn't recognize the house. Actually, the location was insignificant. Nothing really stood out about it. Hank was at the party but he didn't have much of a role in this dream. He was more like an extra. But his FIL was the lead character. I do not know Hank's FIL. I have probably seen four or five photos of him on the Internet. That's it. I have never given the man much conscious thought at all except maybe to think, "Wow, that dude made a kickass Halloween costume for his granddaughter."

In the dream the guy's name was Ralph. I'm not sure if that's Hank's FIL's actual name. I kind of feel like it might be, but I would not bet on it. I also would not know the man if he walked right up to me so how I knew the guy at the party was Hank's FIL, I'm not sure. I just know it was. The mind/psyche is a very strange thing.

At the party people seemed to be tense that Ralph and I were going to interact. We got to talking about politics and the other party goers all of whom were like NPCs- kind of faceless- were worried we may start to fight. We got a little heated at times but then we became great friends.

We immediately started a not-for-profit where we went around the country and built (I'm sure Ralph did the building and I was just a helper) a type of individual voting machine that we put in everyone's backyard. The machine insured easy access to safe and secure voting for all citizens. The "machines" just looked like a small wooden kid's clubhouse. I have no idea how anyone could have voted with it, but Ralph and I became national heroes who were discussed on CNN and Fox News.

The "machines" were all painted half blue and half red. Some partisans attempted to demand that their machine be painted only one color but Ralph said, "That's not how we do it."

I think I may need psychiatric help.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:16 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That was great.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:13 am 

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
You got the name and general description correct and if I was hosting a party I’d make sure you guys didn’t talk politics. Definitely at opposite ends of the spectrum :lol:

It’s wild because the line ‘that’s not how we do it’…. That would be his exact reaction :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
You guys should do this.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:33 am 

i feel better now. my dreams usually involve me side swiping or plowing into the back of a truck because my brakes dont work or whatever. i thought those were nightmares.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:43 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I had a very strange CFMB related dream last night. It was particularly odd because it involved not just a guy who no longer even posts here, but that guy's father-in-law.

If you're friends with Hank Scorpio on Facebook, you may have noticed that his FIL is the kind of guy who likes building stuff. He'll do things like make elaborate Halloween costumes for Hank's kids or build a backyard playground that's better than a professional one you'd see in a park. He seems sort of like if you crossed Bob Vila with Martha Stewart. I'm sure the guy could build a beautiful house from scratch by himself if he had the time and inclination.

Now remember, I think I've only met Hank in person one time (MCNUGGETS 80!) and it's not like I even spend much time messing around on Facebook. I'm certainly not stalking Hank's feed. I think he and his wife just happen to post a lot of pictures of their kids.

Anyway, in the dream I was at a cocktail party. I'm not sure where it was. I didn't recognize the house. Actually, the location was insignificant. Nothing really stood out about it. Hank was at the party but he didn't have much of a role in this dream. He was more like an extra. But his FIL was the lead character. I do not know Hank's FIL. I have probably seen four or five photos of him on the Internet. That's it. I have never given the man much conscious thought at all except maybe to think, "Wow, that dude made a kickass Halloween costume for his granddaughter."

In the dream the guy's name was Ralph. I'm not sure if that's Hank's FIL's actual name. I kind of feel like it might be, but I would not bet on it. I also would not know the man if he walked right up to me so how I knew the guy at the party was Hank's FIL, I'm not sure. I just know it was. The mind/psyche is a very strange thing.

At the party people seemed to be tense that Ralph and I were going to interact. We got to talking about politics and the other party goers all of whom were like NPCs- kind of faceless- were worried we may start to fight. We got a little heated at times but then we became great friends.

We immediately started a not-for-profit where we went around the country and built (I'm sure Ralph did the building and I was just a helper) a type of individual voting machine that we put in everyone's backyard. The machine insured easy access to safe and secure voting for all citizens. The "machines" just looked like a small wooden kid's clubhouse. I have no idea how anyone could have voted with it, but Ralph and I became national heroes who were discussed on CNN and Fox News.

The "machines" were all painted half blue and half red. Some partisans attempted to demand that their machine be painted only one color but Ralph said, "That's not how we do it."

I think I may need psychiatric help.

Might??? :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:17 am 
Site Admin

Hank Scorpio wrote:
You got the name and general description correct and if I was hosting a party I’d make sure you guys didn’t talk politics. Definitely at opposite ends of the spectrum :lol:

It’s wild because the line ‘that’s not how we do it’…. That would be his exact reaction :lol: :lol:

:lol: Awesome. And very odd. :lol: :lol:

I remembered one more thing from the dream. Ralph and I were being interviewed by Anderson Cooper (I know why that was. I watched the Chapelle special right before bed and he mentions Anderson Cooper.) about how we revolutionized voting. He had a graphic that was a map of the United States that showed how our "machines" were spreading across the nation. There was a little icon that looked like the "machine"- a tiny red and blue box- and Anderson was explaining how we started in the Midwest and rolled our machines out across the country. As he talked the map began filling in with icons until the whole thing was covered and each time an icon was added it made a little videogame type noise and as more and more were added there was a cacophony of blips.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

:lol: Awesome. And very odd. :lol: :lol:

I remembered one more thing from the dream. Ralph and I were being interviewed by Anderson Cooper (I know why that was. I watched the Chapelle special right before bed and he mentions Anderson Cooper.) about how we revolutionized voting. He had a graphic that was a map of the United States that showed how our "machines" were spreading across the nation. There was a little icon that looked like the "machine"- a tiny red and blue box- and Anderson was explaining how we started in the Midwest and rolled our machines out across the country. As he talked the map began filling in with icons until the whole thing was covered and each time an icon was added it made a little videogame type noise and as more and more were added there was a cacophony of blips.

How much did you drink last night?