It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1041 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next
 Post subject: Crypto/Stocks
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

Questions for the board on their investments:

How much bitcoin, ether, etc. do you have? What site do you use?

From your overall portfolio, what percentage of it is crypto?

How confident in crypto/bitcoin growing and/or do you see it as a bubble?

What stocks/positions do you hold?

What's an area of the market that you think will be the next big success?

Do you do your investing, and buy individual stocks or work with an advisor? Mutual/ETF's vs. individual stocks?

Post subject: Re: Crypto/Stocks
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:56 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
My man Chamath says you should hold 1% of your portfolio in Bitcoin. I have more than that but it wasn't on purpose. I just got lucky enough that an early miner was in my club and evangelized like a motherfucker.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:00 pm 

bitcoin is a better investment than anything right now, at least for a 2-3 year return. for fast cash, doge and a few other coins are going to boil this year. with the economy about to reopen, i expect a big e coin surge.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
binance.us for cryptocurrency

It took 4-6 weeks to complete the account verification process.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:24 pm 
Site Admin

IkeSouth wrote:
bitcoin is a better investment than anything right now, at least for a 2-3 year return. for fast cash, doge and a few other coins are going to boil this year. with the economy about to reopen, i expect a big e coin surge.

I don't fuck with shitcoins.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I bought GBTC in December at $21. It’s $52 now.

It’s a trust, not a pure Bitcoin purchase. It tracks the Bitcoin price nearly identically, but there is a 2% fee.

I thinks it’s an easy way to dip your toe into the Bitcoin pool without the hassles of wallets, and you can day trade it if you want from your regular brokerage account.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:07 pm 

I won $400 dollar in fantasy football this year and put it into Litecoin through Paypal mostly out of curiosity. I got it for $132 per coin and its worth about $280 now. Price shot up after a German stock exchange announced it would be listed.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:11 pm 

I wouldn't use Robinhood.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

:lol:

Up over 30 cents!

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
I got zero in it, but that's just me.

The kids at work are just realizing their first full-year's bonuses and being kids, are pissing it away right and left (yeah, kid, you and the wife and three kids NEED a second Great Dane in the house...) It's a bit of a ritual, we old fucks listen to the kids and their fancy new get rich quick guaranteed deals for a few months, then ask "How's your XXX doing''' just to hear them cry. One of the new guys bought dogecoin at $.005 and was raving about how it was now $.13 and he was up $10K. Then another pointed out how it had been as high as $.17 and was down to $.13, so I asked how he was handling losing that other $5K since mid-morning...yep, I'm that asshole.

They would piss away the initial $500 on something else anyways, and can way out earn their stupidity right now, so no skin off my back. I also make sure to remind them that Uncle Sam will be looking for his 25% and Big Gretch wants her 4.6% of their windfall, too.

Don't get me wrong, crypto may well be the future. The S&P may become worthless overnight, too. I don't know any of those things for sure. I do know that they ain't making no more land, and I have enough ammo to defend the land I own, and I can grow food to feed myself here. But, that's just me.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:49 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
It's funny how history repeats itself. I remember when I was 18 and penny stocks were huge. Tons of message boards dedicated to otcbb stocks that were sub one penny. This is starting to feel like a mania. Once teens start trading and pumping you know the end is near.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:12 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Bitcoin: 0%, because I don't understand it.

Stock market: Been in it for over 40 years. Mix of individual stocks, mutual funds, ETFs and bonds. About 70% stocks, 30% bonds. I read a couple of newsletters to help keep me focused (I like Vanguard Independent Advisor) but otherwise do it on my own via accounts at Vanguard and Schwab and HSAs at Fidelity.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:31 am 
Site Admin

FavreFan wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

:lol:

Up over 30 cents!

:lol: Go get' em! I'm pulling for you guys. Go DOGE!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:08 am 

I don't hold a single bit of anything on my own. Everything is in funds. One of those may own pieces of crypto. I don't know if they do. That's all retirement accounts.

I know enough to know I don't know anything

I just dabble in silent partnering on real estate groups with my non retirement money, but honestly, I'm in the most expensive years of my life and will be for the next decade, so i don't have a lot of discretionary income. I'm bullish on real estate in the city and I think a lot of non board experts still are as well. I wouldn't mind buying some rental stuff if I could get my wife to manage.

I have a few ideas on how to buy up properties and increase the number of rental units for little cost then flip immediately with the added value. I would need to find the right partner. Sounds easy but finding an honest partner in real estate is like Abraham finding one good man in Sodom and Gomorrah.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
good dolphin wrote:
I have a few ideas on how to buy up properties and increase the number of rental units for little cost then flip immediately with the added value. I would need to find the right partner. Sounds easy but finding an honest partner in real estate is like Abraham finding one good man in Sodom and Gomorrah.

I'd love to do this too but it seems everything is sky-high right now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:52 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
I just dabble in silent partnering on real estate groups with my non retirement money, but honestly, I'm in the most expensive years of my life and will be for the next decade, so i don't have a lot of discretionary income. I'm bullish on real estate in the city and I think a lot of non board experts still are as well. I wouldn't mind buying some rental stuff if I could get my wife to manage.

I know you're knowledgeable in this area. But I can't see why anyone would want the headaches of rental property under an RLTO that puts every landlord at the mercy of a shitty tenant.

Anyway, when is the next time a landlord will legally be able to collect rent?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:05 pm 

blackhawksfan wrote:
It's funny how history repeats itself. I remember when I was 18 and penny stocks were huge. Tons of message boards dedicated to otcbb stocks that were sub one penny. This is starting to feel like a mania. Once teens start trading and pumping you know the end is near.

totally agree. go all in. everyone else is. the money youre trying to save isnt going to be worth shit anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:45 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I know you're knowledgeable in this area. But I can't see why anyone would want the headaches of rental property under an RLTO that puts every landlord at the mercy of a shitty tenant.

Anyway, when is the next time a landlord will legally be able to collect rent?

That's a valid concern, I know a few people currently who haven't seen a dime in almost a year. You don't really run into that problem often with section 8 tenants though. The government subsidy is around 70%.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:54 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Yeah, property values in the Northeast have exploded in the past year with all the private equity groups buying up residential real estate. My home value supposedly went up 20% last month alone. I assume the same thing is going on in Chicago? My sister just put her house on the market two days ago and has already received three offers at or above asking price.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:01 am 
Site Admin

Tall Midget wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Yeah, property values in the Northeast have exploded in the past year with all the private equity groups buying up residential real estate. My home value supposedly went up 20% last month alone. I assume the same thing is going on in Chicago? My sister just put her house on the market two days ago and has already received three offers at or above asking price.

A friend's kid and her husband just sold their house in Colorado. They had nine offers over asking and ended up getting $90,000 more than the listing. There was either an incompetent realtor involved or the market is moving so fast even experienced people are getting caught by surprise.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 7:06 am 
Site Admin

This guy is an idiot. Does he think Bitcoin is a stock?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaJpYjO136o

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 7:09 am 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

At the 5:03 mark is he talking about cryptocurrencies or the stimulus checks that everyone just received?

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 8:59 am 

blackhawksfan wrote:

we knew it would though. 2008, there were no consequences. we made movies about that fact.

and yes its happening again. were going to have an economic meltdown soon. which is great because e-coins and penny stocks will be super cheap to buy again!

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 9:11 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

that was awful. he is totally clueless. ecoins do have a product. they are decentralized networks. that's the product. you can make transactions with anyone in the world, securely, without any intervention from traditional credit card companies, or the government. that is a fucking MASSIVE product. and in the case of bitcoin, people are using it to securely store their money. they believe its the safest way to store your money, and it kinda is. it's impossible for someone to hack your account.. not even the government can take your coins. that alone makes it a better option than any other bank or trust.

and two, the emissions? i thought the goal was green energy? if we go that path, what the fuck does it matter how much electricity we use? god these fuckin people... just wait until the vaccine. ok now we have it, but you still need to worry forever.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 9:19 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

A friend's kid and her husband just sold their house in Colorado. They had nine offers over asking and ended up getting $90,000 more than the listing. There was either an incompetent realtor involved or the market is moving so fast even experienced people are getting caught by surprise.

a 2x4 costs $10. it was cheaper for them to offer 90k over asking than it was to build a new house.

everything is inflating rapidly. i think around fall were going to see a complete meltdown

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 10:07 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

That's every day here in Arizona.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
I love when Bill calls liberals out for their hypocritical bullshit

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 11:37 am 

everything he said was wrong.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 11:38 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
IkeSouth wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

a 2x4 costs $10. it was cheaper for them to offer 90k over asking than it was to build a new house.

everything is inflating rapidly. i think around fall were going to see a complete meltdown

Home prices are inflating because private equity groups are massively investing in residential real estate, thereby creating a housing bubble. I would hate to be trying to buy right now.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 12:00 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Bill doesn’t seem very familiar with how currency works these days.

Has he been lining up to trade those papers in his wallet for gold?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1041 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next