It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1041 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: Crypto/Stocks
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:44 am 

this dude says the callopse of svb could domino the entire financial system. GOOD.
[tweet]
https://twitter.com/BillAckman/status/1 ... 02944?s=20[/tweet]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Bankable companies have already pulled funds. VCs will be fucked on smaller bets, but that’s the job. Ultimately some real bank will probably buy SVB for pennies on the dollar.

Ackman was a Covidian so he can twist. Huge asshole, that guy.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I agree that Ackman is a tool. He is right about SVB and its strong support for start up companies. He is terribly wrong about a bailout.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
“Current pressures facing SIVB are highly idiosyncratic and should not be viewed as a read-across to other banks,” wrote analysts Manan Gosalia and Betsy Graseck with Morgan Stanley in a note Friday.

They hope?

I never rule out a bailout. I will always be a let it burn guy, so I'm always anticipating government doing the opposite.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:44 pm 

everything was fine in september 2008 as well.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:05 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Jim Cramer, everybody's favorite dummy, 2 weeks ago :lol:
https://youtu.be/3vkZMbTdV3Q?t=4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:59 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Jim Cramer, everybody's favorite dummy, 2 weeks ago :lol:
https://youtu.be/3vkZMbTdV3Q?t=4

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:46 pm 

Dude gets paid by wallstreet to manipulate stocks and the sec is in on it too.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:57 pm 

USDC unpegged last night with the fall of SVB. Taking the stable out of stable coin. Exchanges froze the coin until Monday when the banks open.

Been a bad winter for Crypto. Terra Luna collapse, FTX scandal, Algorand wallets getting hacked and now the unpegging of USDC.

I'm personally moving away from DEFI and into AI tech coins. Until cryto is regulated it will be the wild west.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:46 pm 

I'd imagine the reason they are hesitant to regulate is it's evolving nature.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:52 am 

IkeSouth wrote:

Or the politicians are making bank on the corruption and pretending to act surprised when it is news.

In 2021 and 2022,( FTX) Bankman-Fried donated approximately $38 million to various candidates and PACs, mainly giving his cash to Democratic candidates and left-wing groups, according to Federal Election Commission filings (FEC). The majority of his political givings, though, went to the Protect Our Future PAC, a group founded in January that is dedicated to boosting candidates committed to preventing future pandemics.

2/8/23
Algorand price saw a minor uptick on February 7 as the announcement of a partnership was put out. The Algorand Foundation revealed its broad-reaching partnership with the Clinton Foundation in India. The collaboration allows Algorand “to act as a technology partner for the new $50 million Global Climate Resilience Fund,” which is “geared towards helping women micro-entrepreneurs address climate change.”

a month later...

3/8/23
Algorand-based wallets have been hit by security breaches in recent weeks, with MyAlgo and Algodex both experiencing hacks. MyAlgo urged users to withdraw their assets or rekey their funds after a February security breach that resulted in losses of around $9.2 million.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:58 am 

Juiced wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

Or the politicians are making bank on the corruption and pretending to act surprised when it is news.

In 2021 and 2022,( FTX) Bankman-Fried donated approximately $38 million to various candidates and PACs, mainly giving his cash to Democratic candidates and left-wing groups, according to Federal Election Commission filings (FEC). The majority of his political givings, though, went to the Protect Our Future PAC, a group founded in January that is dedicated to boosting candidates committed to preventing future pandemics.

2/8/23
Algorand price saw a minor uptick on February 7 as the announcement of a partnership was put out. The Algorand Foundation revealed its broad-reaching partnership with the Clinton Foundation in India. The collaboration allows Algorand “to act as a technology partner for the new $50 million Global Climate Resilience Fund,” which is “geared towards helping women micro-entrepreneurs address climate change.”

a month later...

3/8/23
Algorand-based wallets have been hit by security breaches in recent weeks, with MyAlgo and Algodex both experiencing hacks. MyAlgo urged users to withdraw their assets or rekey their funds after a February security breach that resulted in losses of around $9.2 million.

I'd rather have it co-opted than killed. Terrible choices but that's the only ones I see.There's only one choice of an ending for fiat. And that's back to gold and nobody wants that.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
IkeSouth wrote:
this dude says the callopse of svb could domino the entire financial system. GOOD.
[tweet]
https://twitter.com/BillAckman/status/1 ... 02944?s=20[/tweet]

Think Biden will claim credit for this also? Seriously though, one of the biggest failures of Biden was rehiring Powell.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:27 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Nardi wrote:
Juiced wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

2/8/23

a month later...

3/8/23

I'd rather have it co-opted than killed. Terrible choices but that's the only ones I see.There's only one choice of an ending for fiat. And that's back to gold and nobody wants that.

The answer is Bitcoin.

It's either going to be allowed to be the force for good that it should be, or it's going to roil the world as governments attempt to retain their control of monetary systems.

What we're watching in real time is like if upon the invention of the Gutenberg press world governments- or monks- attempted to undermine anything printed with this new device in order to maintain elite control of information. Oh, wait a minute. That isn't just happening monetarily with Bitcoin. It's happening with knowledge, as governments desperately try to control the flow of information via the Internet.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:14 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Juiced wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

2/8/23

a month later...

3/8/23

Or they can make a digital Blockchain dollar which will give them more ways to manipulate the market like adjusting transaction fees. And it would also give them full visibility on all transactions instead of constantly having to badger visa or Mastercard for little snips of what's going on.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:18 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Juiced wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

2/8/23

a month later...

3/8/23

The answer is Bitcoin.

It's either going to be allowed to be the force for good that it should be, or it's going to roil the world as governments attempt to retain their control of monetary systems.

What we're watching in real time is like if upon the invention of the Gutenberg press world governments- or monks- attempted to undermine anything printed with this new device in order to maintain elite control of information. Oh, wait a minute. That isn't just happening monetarily with Bitcoin. It's happening with knowledge, as governments desperately try to control the flow of information via the Internet.

I don't think any of it matters when ai starts being used as a power tool. Whomever controls the algorithms they abide by will have more power than all presidents and dictators combined have ever had. On one hand, a robot cop won't be charging you for crimes based on their feelings, which will be great, but you also won't be able to sweet talk your way out of a charge either. The world is going to be really weird soon.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
IkeSouth wrote:
On one hand, a robot cop won't be charging you for crimes based on their feelings, which will be great, but you also won't be able to sweet talk your way out of a charge either. The world is going to be really weird soon.

I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen speed cameras/tickets for the expressways.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
Jaw Breaker wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
On one hand, a robot cop won't be charging you for crimes based on their feelings, which will be great, but you also won't be able to sweet talk your way out of a charge either. The world is going to be really weird soon.

I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen speed cameras/tickets for the expressways.

They have those in the UK. I know of some folks that got pinched by those cameras. 10 years ago, the fine was something like 800 pounds. I'm with you, surprised we haven't figured this one out yet.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 2:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
The Division wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

They have those in the UK. I know of some folks that got pinched by those cameras. 10 years ago, the fine was something like 800 pounds. I'm with you, surprised we haven't figured this one out yet.

They have them in Iowa. Local communities put them up and collect tons of money in the name of safety from people just driving though. Got a ticket near Cedar Rapids once. Some court cases have restricted where they can put them but the amount of revenue these towns collect is ridiculous. Easy enough to do it on the tollways with ipass as well if they wanted to do.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:04 pm 

i think wisconsin law, you have to have a human officer issue the ticket. we don't do that automated bullshit and im thankful for it. i got one of those in chicago for a california roll through a yellow that went red as i was in the intersection. so fucking dumb, there is no context ... nobody was around me, i didnt put anyone in danger.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
It's like getting a parking ticket and doesn't count as an actual moving violation. I think that's how they get around the need for an officer. It's a revenue grab pure and simple for cedar rapids, LeClaire and what ever other town is doing it. Towns on this side of the river like patrolling the interstates too. I'm sure it's a great benefit to the public safety of Geneseo.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
It's like getting a parking ticket and doesn't count as an actual moving violation. I think that's how they get around the need for an officer. It's a revenue grab pure and simple for cedar rapids, LeClaire and what ever other town is doing it. Towns on this side of the river like patrolling the interstates too. I'm sure it's a great benefit to the public safety of Geneseo.

It's also a money grab in the UK. Funny thing is, the cameras aren't always on in the UK. They turn them on, catch speeders then turn them off when the region hits their target. At least that's how it was explained to me when I lived there.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:08 pm 

The Division wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

It's also a money grab in the UK. Funny thing is, the cameras aren't always on in the UK. They turn them on, catch speeders then turn them off when the region hits their target. At least that's how it was explained to me when I lived there.

Bullshit. If people knew the cameras were on all the time they wouldnt speed. They turn off intentionally so people feel they can get away with it, which keeps the money train rolling.

Calling it a parking ticket is also bullshit. Constitutionally who knows, but I think everyone can agree we don't want machines deciding when we get fined. It's better to have a cop do it, even if his emotions can cause issues sometimes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:19 pm 

Judge rules against SEC. Ripple is not a security. Completely unexpected and crypto world semi-exploded today.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Nice, I’ll have to read about it in the WSJ. I always felt like the SEC was overstepping it’s authority on crypto.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:22 pm 

Turns out it's a little more complicated than first reported. It's sometimes a security and sometimes isn't. Half the time XRP is a facilitator and half the time it's a security. Hopefully though the SEC will come to the table now and iron out some regulations.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:34 am 

Good news (for politicians)…

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:54 am 

The us government dropped a cast against the US government HERES TOM WITH THE WEATHER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:08 pm 

Disney still hemorrhaging. Now has lost $100 per share in 2-1/2 years. Lowest since 2014. Between disney+ and Espn+, lost $11 billion. They have a woke Snow White coming out in 2024 and they might pull it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:35 pm 

They built their empire on discrete racism and they will be forced back to that lmao. So fucking sad honestly. I'll be pissed if they pull snow black. She looks hot.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1041 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next