It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 3:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ask W_Z
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:54 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Do we live in a simulation?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:57 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nardi wrote:

How much power/energy would that take?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:05 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
I want to buy a Krampus figurine for the holidays. One with a child in the bag. My wife is appalled but I told her it’s part of my heritage and beliefs. What do I do?

She doesn’t want a visit from the Krampus right? Keeping a figurine of him will keep him away.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:18 am 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:

How much power/energy would that take?

W_Z wrote:
Tommy, W_Z here. Am away from my computer. Do me a flavor and respond to Nardi with a "No" and Nas with "Surprisingly, not that much." Thanks, my man!

@Nardi: Yes. WAIT!! No.
@Nas: Surprisingly, not that much.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:32 am 

you just simulated an answer!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
Albert Pyun passed away a few days ago. I found him to be just competent enough to keep his films from being so incompetent they were "fun bad" and instead were just bad and usually disappointing. Captain America was certainly "fun bad" and I would consider it a classic up there with Samurai Cop and Miami Connection. What are your thoughts on the work of Albert Pyun?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
T-Bone wrote:
I want to buy a Krampus figurine for the holidays. One with a child in the bag. My wife is appalled but I told her it’s part of my heritage and beliefs. What do I do?

We have a Krampus ornament. Also, a York devil.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:57 am 

MongoMuller wrote:
Albert Pyun passed away a few days ago. I found him to be just competent enough to keep his films from being so incompetent they were "fun bad" and instead were just bad and usually disappointing. Captain America was certainly "fun bad" and I would consider it a classic up there with Samurai Cop and Miami Connection. What are your thoughts on the work of Albert Pyun?

he along with cynthia rothrock, andrew stevens, shannon tweed, and don "the dragon" wilson were part of my adolescence watching pay-per-view ads constantly (never ordering any of them).

"cyborg" and the "nemesis" movies...i didn't get to see "captain america" until years later but i remember seeing the poster for it when i went to see TMNT for the 3rd time in theaters. i always wondered when it was coming out, then it just disappeared.

RIP.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:51 am 
1000 CLUB

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:18 pm 

W_Z,

So the Krauts killed my brother. These same Krauts also convinced my dad to join them, the bastards! And so, much like Julie DiCaro in November, 2020, I want to join the Resistance to have my vengeance on those monsters!

Yet the problem is that I live with my dear old mum, and if I leave her, she'll go insane with grief, and I don't know who will take care of her. And if I leave, I can't be sure I will have any impact on the war at all. But I still want to avenge my brother.

What should I do?

--Alain Chevrier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:22 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Thomas-Sox-WorldSeries wrote:
W_Z,

So the Krauts killed my brother. These same Krauts also convinced my dad to join them, the bastards! And so, much like Julie DiCaro in November, 2020, I want to join the Resistance to have my vengeance on those monsters!

Yet the problem is that I live with my dear old mum, and if I leave her, she'll go insane with grief, and I don't know who will take care of her. And if I leave, I can't be sure I will have any impact on the war at all. But I still want to avenge my brother.

What should I do?

--Alain Chevrier

WTF? WZ ain't a miracle worker, for chrissake.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
W_Z -

It’s been argued - by some very smart people, some say the smartest - that Clemson “alum” James Skalski is the product of generational incest. What say you?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I want to go to Clemson and I want my son to want to go there. I know nothing of incest.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:45 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
I want to go to Clemson and I want my son to want to go there. I know nothing of incest.

Clemson exists as an experiment akin to if Game of Thrones isolated incest to the poors in Flea Bottom rather than the high born Targaryens and Lanisters.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:48 pm 

Let's stick to the douches of the big ten!+

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

W_Z: Have you seen trailer for Cocaine Bear?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:07 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
W_Z -

It’s been argued - by some very smart people, some say the smartest - that Clemson “alum” James Skalski is the product of generational incest. What say you?

he has appalachia face. could be an indication.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:08 am 

MongoMuller wrote:
W_Z: Have you seen trailer for Cocaine Bear?

i saw it when i went to see "violent night". if the movie is any longer than 90 minutes, i have a feeling it's going to be overstuffed the way that movie was. and that'd be a shame. this should be a romping good time (although even in the trailer some of the CGI looks off).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:11 am 

Thomas-Sox-WorldSeries wrote:
W_Z,

What should I do?

--Alain Chevrier

Wharton Zach wrote:
Good question. Very good question.

I'd say that it is up to you. You have the freedom to do what you want. I realize that that is terrifying, but I cannot tell you what to do. No system of ethics can help you here, my friend. PS--you sucked as a goalie.

Thanks, W_Z.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:23 am 
1000 CLUB

W_Z wrote:
i saw it when i went to see "violent night". if the movie is any longer than 90 minutes, i have a feeling it's going to be overstuffed the way that movie was. and that'd be a shame. this should be a romping good time (although even in the trailer some of the CGI looks off).

Yeah I think the joke is going to get old pretty quick since they're obviously self-aware. VelociPastor was self-aware but it was pretty subtle about it so joke didn't get old plus it was a guy in a suit which I enjoy a lot more than CGI.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I put one in the Amazon basket hoping my wife would just put the most recent order through but she took it out of there. Sounds like maybe she should get a visit from Krampus.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:25 am 

MongoMuller wrote:
W_Z wrote:

Yeah I think the joke is going to get old pretty quick since they're obviously self-aware. VelociPastor was self-aware but it was pretty subtle about it so joke didn't get old plus it was a guy in a suit which I enjoy a lot more than CGI.

i'm typically not a fan of self-aware stuff, although some TROMA has been enjoyable. i much prefer films that really go for broke thinking they're doing something great.

and speaking of which, a better entertainment in the same vein of "violent night" is the classic "santa's slay".

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:58 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

I put one in the Amazon basket hoping my wife would just put the most recent order through but she took it out of there. Sounds like maybe she should get a visit from Krampus.

There is a whole booth devoted to Krampus kitsch at the Christkindlemarket

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:32 am 

W_Z,

What do you think of Wednesday, the Netflix series? I saw the first episode and thought it was hilarious, but in the last five or ten minutes, it got a lot less funny and much more conventional. I guess it has to be somewhat conventional if it is going to have any kind of plot.

Any idea if the rest are worth watching? Also, would you have written "Any idea if the rest are" or "Any idea if the rest is"?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:34 pm 

My wife started watching it and said it’s not great. I had no interest in it. Reminds me on a cursory level of the “Sabrina” reboot which I also didn’t watch.

Right now most of my tv watching consists of Christmas related stuff…

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:55 pm 

W_Z wrote:
My wife started watching it and said it’s not great. I had no interest in it. Reminds me on a cursory level of the “Sabrina” reboot which I also didn’t watch.

Right now most of my tv watching consists of Christmas related stuff…

Gotcha. Like I said, it was really funny, but I saw it headed in a boring direction.

Same here, btw. Ima go find that old Christmas episode thread.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Spaulding wrote:

Clemson exists as an experiment akin to if Game of Thrones isolated incest to the poors in Flea Bottom rather than the high born Targaryens and Lanisters.

Based on? Have you actually visited the Clemson campus?

Of the 8 or 9 schools I visited with my son....Clemson was my favorite....a long list of reasons. It was 4th on his list. It was the only school that he didn't get accepted...he was "wait listed", which means he crossed it off the list. A friend of mine moved to Charleston about 8 years ago after his daughter enrolled there and word on the street is it's gotten really difficult to get accepted.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:37 pm 

62% acceptance rate.

I was surprised it was that low. Seems like one of those places you get in with a pulse.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:41 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Of the 8 or 9 schools I visited with my son....Clemson was my favorite....a long list of reasons. It was 4th on his list. It was the only school that he didn't get accepted...he was "wait listed", which means he crossed it off the list. A friend of mine moved to Charleston about 8 years ago after his daughter enrolled there and word on the street is it's gotten really difficult to get accepted.

Based entirely on the existence of James Skalski.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:48 pm 

BigW72 wrote:

He was waitlisted too. I know IU has a much higher acceptance rate over all but the school he wanted in accepted him and it's much better rated than Clemson. I don't know if he'll be able to attend there though. We are now waiting on Purdue which is right between the 2 but we are nervous. Something similar happened last year with one of our friend's kid. He is a really smart got in at a better rated harder school and was waitlisted at an okay one.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 180 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next