It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:42 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I couldn't find the other commercial thread.

If I see that Amazon commercial where that Dad makes a perfect life-size snow globe in a greenhouse on the side of a mountain to cheer up his little girl with a fantastic view of a rustic village with hippy music playing in the background made entirely of stuff he bought off Amazon, I'm canceling Christmas.

And Happy New Year to you....IN JAIL.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:44 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

If I see that Amazon commercial where that Dad makes a perfect life-size snow globe in a greenhouse on the side of a mountain to cheer up his little girl with a fantastic view of a rustic village with hippy music playing in the background made entirely of stuff he bought off Amazon, I'm canceling Christmas.

You really are Old Man Potter!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:46 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Hawg Ass wrote:

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
The commercials for “The Farmer’s Dog” dog food seem to be running nonstop, and while I don’t have a dog, they strike me as a gimmick to separate yuppies from their money.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:53 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

:lol:

Nice avatar change.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:24 am 

The Old Navy commercial with Stifler's Mom had the most obnoxious SORRY, NOT SORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY at the end. They must have gotten a lot of complaints because they redid the audio and now it is the more palatable but still stupid Sorry, Not Sorry saying at the end.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:27 am 

Brick wrote:
The Old Navy commercial with Stifler's Mom had the most obnoxious SORRY, NOT SORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY at the end. They must have gotten a lot of complaints because they redid the audio and now it is the more palatable but still stupid Sorry, Not Sorry saying at the end.

Yeah, I hate that one too. But I thought it was Target so they killed two brands with the same commercial.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:03 am 

I called to check my zip code.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's

Yes!

Brick wrote:

Hell yes!

Jennifer Coolidge was funny in Best of Show but has been absolutely awful in everything else I have seen her in. The characters she plays are awful so she doesn't seem to have much to work with, but Holy Christ...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Brick wrote:

i don't even get the point of it. What is she SORRY NOT SORRY for ? Singing off key and smashing at piano keys ?

Old Navy has traditionally had the worst ads of all time which is really saying something

Honestly i'm kind of surprised they're still in business

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:51 pm 

Brick wrote:

"One for the dog too!" :roll: Hate that Fking commercial!

Another one is the guy coming out of the store singing some bad pop song. Sprint maybe?

Pfizer commercials and the dam bird sounds that pop up on my YouTube.tv "zen" screen.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:56 pm 

If it helps, I picture the dad choking on the little paper that is flying in the air and the little girl screaming, "someone help! my dad is choking on little bits of paper from the comic section of the Sun Times!"

Then they cut to a scene at the dad's dad funeral were she puts the snow globe in his casket as they seal it shut.

Happy Holidays! :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:10 pm 

Juiced wrote:
If it helps, I picture the dad choking on the little paper that is flying in the air and the little girl screaming, "someone help! my dad is choking on little bits of paper from the comic section of the Sun Times!"

Then they cut to a scene at the dad's dad funeral were she puts the snow globe in his casket as they seal it shut.

Happy Holidays! :)

Yeah....it helps a little.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Juiced wrote:
Brick wrote:

Another one is the guy coming out of the store singing some bad pop song. Sprint maybe?

Pfizer commercials and the dam bird sounds that pop up on my YouTube.tv "zen" screen.

I thought it was "one for the deer " Isn't that a deer ? Like a reindeer ? If its a dog i must be really high when watching it

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Juiced wrote:
Pfizer commercials
Are you referring the one for some HIV drug featuring a black guy with a wizard beard, a bug-eyed lady and her pot-bellied boyfriend, and a "foodie" dumping shredded cheese on a nasty looking salad? That one seems to play frequently on the free streaming channels and we always mute it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
What happened to good Christmas commercials? Miller, Bud, Coke, Pepsi, the Gap….all used to have commercials that you actually wanted to watch. The Miller one with the one horse open sleigh was iconic.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:43 pm 

Heisenberg wrote:
What happened to good Christmas commercials? Miller, Bud, Coke, Pepsi, the Gap….all used to have commercials that you actually wanted to watch. The Miller one with the one horse open sleigh was iconic.

The Score used to have great Christmas commercials

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:48 pm 

I don't like these Progressive commercials where people can call for a replay in real life situations. I especially don't like the one where the daughter is so disrespectful to her mother about the sweet potatoes. Be a good daughter and take the blame.

However, they do a fantastic job with the two gay guys and the stray cat licking fruit in their kitchen. Most companies put a gay couple in there so ham handedly just to highlight how allied they are. Progressive has them in there and its just so natural. Nothing forced and acting like a real couple would.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
When I was in college we used to plop ourselves down at 11:00 a.m. on the first day of the NCAA Tournament and then watch clear through until 11:00 p.m. It seemed like you would see the same commercial about twenty five times throughout the course of one of those days.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
That ESPN W promo that gets played on ESPN+ every fucking commercial makes me want to stick knives in my ears.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:55 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Pfizer commercials
Are you referring the one for some HIV drug featuring a black guy with a wizard beard, a bug-eyed lady and her pot-bellied boyfriend, and a "foodie" dumping shredded cheese on a nasty looking salad? That one seems to play frequently on the free streaming channels and we always mute it.

Not sure, but they remind me of vaultboy short films from the Fallout video game.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:57 pm 

Bagels wrote:
Juiced wrote:
Brick wrote:

I thought it was "one for the deer " Isn't that a deer ? Like a reindeer ? If its a dog i must be really high when watching it

It might be. Her voice makes my weaner swivel up worse than a L.Lightfoot commercial.

That reminds me. Add her commercial to the list!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:27 pm 

Things are gettin' clearer. Yeah I feel free...to bear my skin, yeah that's all me

That’s perverse!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:44 pm 

I'm also not down with Rybelsus.

Even though I should be.

Because I'm old.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:45 pm 

And I enjoy a Walter E. Smythe commercial but they don't show the best looking one enough.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:53 pm 

And I enjoy a Walter E. Smythe commercial but they don't show the best looking one enough.

And there’s only one who is decent looking.

But it’s funny how Verizon has edited their commercial to avoid showing the hatchet faced brunette

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
How many fucking times are they gonna run that Paul Giamatti/Einstein/Verizon commercial?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:39 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
How many fucking times are they gonna run that Paul Giamatti/Einstein/Verizon commercial?

It's amazing how out of touch these commercial creators are in building campaigns around SNL cast members.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Lifeless, unfunny, not clever, conceptually impotent, may be the worst commercial ever made.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: D'Agostino's
I'm also not down with Rybelsus.

Even though I should be.

Because I'm old.

Do not take Rybelsus if you are allergic to Rybelsus