It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:42 am 

That is the end game for this planet. It is just a matter of the year at this point.

https://dnyuz.com/2023/05/01/the-godfat ... ger-ahead/

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:48 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
It'll never happen. Robots aren't nearly as advanced as MANY want you to believe. They all require human maintenance.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:58 am 

Robots won’t be able to give up gas stoves, or switch to solar panels or electric cars. But they also won’t eat bugs…

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
W_Z wrote:
Robots won’t be able to give up gas stoves, or switch to solar panels or electric cars. But they also won’t eat bugs…

It would seem bugs would thrive under robot leadership, but bugs could cause issues with the power grid by eating insulation or wiring, come to think of it squirrels would be at great peril, actually anything that could potentially interrupt or consumer power is a threat to AI and the robot minion hordes they will dispatch to do their bidding, humans would seem to be the first ones on the list to eliminate.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 11:58 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Not soon enough

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 1:10 pm 

Nas wrote:
It'll never happen. Robots aren't nearly as advanced as MANY want you to believe. They all require human maintenance.

“It could make a copy of itself, sort of like a robot made of Legos that—given parts—could build another robot,” he said. “We humans are made of amino acids that involve Lego-like building blocks, and because of that we can build copies of ourselves.”

Similarity to “Gray Goo”

Lipson likes to describe the particle robot in terms of “Gray Goo,” nanotechnology pioneer Eric Drexler’s dire end-of-the world scenario popularized in science fiction when self-replicating robots destroy all materials on Earth by feeding on them and producing replicas of themselves in his 1986 book “Engines of Creation.”

“Our robot is still fairly primitive, but now we know that this fundamental robot paradigm is actually possible,” Lipson said. The team created the first particle robot with shoebox size cells to demonstrate the principle idea. The next step is miniaturizing the components to make a robot composed of millions of microscopic particles.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 1:47 pm 

Just talked to one of the docs who had been to a thing on robotic delivery of meds to patient rooms at discharge, he thought we would go to that within the next couple of years.

It would seem that drone delivery technology will be here soon as well, could see where you would have a drone docking station rather than a mailbox.

If you have every listened to a Rogan pod about UFO's you likely have one of the goofs explain that many of the sightings are likely highly advanced military drones, and that the military has technology that is 5-10 years ahead of anything known today.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
I’m ready to be pissed off about woke robots

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 2:52 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:

Robots would be totally unwoke, wouldn't care about emotions, because they are totally devoid of emotion.

Can see easy scenarios where they use the gallant wokesters caring hearts against them and convince them they need to consume a certain product to prove they care and then put chemicals into the product that either cause infertility or slowly cause health to deteriorate.

They could even pick some random product like beer, no that's impossible there is no way wokesters would lower themselves to consume the barbaric right wing beverage known as beer just to prove they care.

No way that happens, manipulating social media sites would be much easier.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 2:54 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

Robots would be totally unwoke, wouldn't care about emotions, because they are totally devoid of emotion.

Can see easy scenarios where they use the gallant wokesters caring hearts against them and convince them they need to consume a certain product to prove they care and then put chemicals into the product that either cause infertility or slowly cause health to deteriorate.

They could even pick some random product like beer, no that's impossible there is no way wokesters would lower themselves to consume the barbaric right wing beverage known as beer just to prove they care.

It's already been proven that AI has a liberal bias.

Last edited by Caller Bob on Mon May 01, 2023 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Caller Bob wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:

It's already been proven than AI has a liberal bias.

It won't if it self learns. Except when it kills us liberally.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 6:36 pm 

The AI will likely ruthlessly develop algorithms that sort out humans they think will be easily controlled with emotional appeals and leverage that to distract people away from their nefarious plans to eventually eliminate humans.

It would seem proof of them trialing this is all around us, how else can you explain the groupthink you see amongst many today, or the popularity of the Kardashian's.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 8:25 pm 

Nas wrote:

For now...

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 9:39 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
For me, eating bugs is the end. If i go into Mariano's and there's a bug aisle, I swear to God, I'll trash the place. Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't we put down the stick near the dead log about 100,000 years ago and swear we'd never do it again?

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:36 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nardi wrote:
For me, eating bugs is the end. If i go into Mariano's and there's a bug aisle, I swear to God, I'll trash the place. Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't we put down the stick near the dead log about 100,000 years ago and swear we'd never do it again?

You already eat and drink a couple of pounds of bugs a year. Including the bugs you eat in your sleep. Those maggot bits tastes like chicken or chocolate or something.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 6:06 am 

Robots/AI are in it for the long haul, they can bide their time and slowly cull the human herd.

They can continue to experiment using social media to continue to push people into groupthink type intellectual silos where they are easier to control, or trial the occasional virus to see if they can shave off a few million at a time, but the real success will be found in limiting human reproduction.

It does seem they have made progress in several areas already.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 6:59 am 

https://www.reuters.com/technology/ibm- ... 023-05-01/

7,800 people looking for bugs to eat

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 12:53 pm 

Nas wrote:

true. for now. that will be changing soon. once AI has access to physical machines, all bets are off. there is ZERO doubt they already do, but what I mean is when they are put into mass production. think about it.... they won't have to repair themselves. they will be able to, but they will be replicating themselves so fast, who cares if some fail?

i don't think we have to worry too much about that problem though, for at least a few decades. they need to be in mass production for things to potentially go terminator.

what's worrisome right now is information. these ai systems can write android apps, windows apps, websites... all you need to do is tell it "make an app like tik tok, but have it subliminally try to end the jewish race". it took hitler YEARS to convince millions of people to do something. AI will be able to reach into billions of peoples minds in a few seconds, and nobody will know it was artificial.

also, has anyone noticed how neutered the internet has become via about 2 years ago? AI is doing what the government had wet dreams about. It can monitor and identify malicious websites, or at least what they determine are malicious, and take action accordingly (filter, send dmca notices, or notify authorities). The internet we had for 20 years is gone, it is no longer a free society platform that it once was. And it's going to do the same to the physical world in due time. Robot cops will make those red light cameras a dream of the past. In a sense it will be nice, as it will be nearly impossible to get away with crimes, but we will absolutely turn into "demolition man" where every part of our lives is policed. wont even be able to use the seashells without the government tracking your history with them.

alas, for now, or around the next 10 to 20 years... just enjoy it. our standard of living is about to fucking SKYROCKET. this is bigger than the discovery of fire.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 1:03 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
Robots/AI are in it for the long haul, they can bide their time and slowly cull the human herd.

They can continue to experiment using social media to continue to push people into groupthink type intellectual silos where they are easier to control, or trial the occasional virus to see if they can shave off a few million at a time, but the real success will be found in limiting human reproduction.

it will treat us the same way we treated horses. right now we are necessary. at some point we will be more "liked" than needed, but it doesnt mean we will all be dead. I don't even see why AI would care if we are around or not. we will be ants to them... and humans will probably multiply even more as we aren't spending time trying to survive, and the planet will be fine as AI will control pollution for us.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 6:12 am 

Read a few things about Bobby Fischer, who is at best an odd dude, he said that he found chess boring because he had memorized every move and countermove, so as soon as his opponent made a move he had the entire game mapped out in his head and it was just basically waiting for it to be played out until he finished it.

The problem with humans is that we still have an incalculable amount of randomness and unpredictability due to possible DNA mutations or combinations that make our brains capable of creativity and abstraction that AI may never be able to replicate. AI already seems hard at work on this, how else can you explain the success of auto tuned musicians or Billy Ray Cyrus. Have often wondered how frustrating it must be to the old time Motown or Memphis musicians to hear their stuff copied and sampled over some goofs autotuned voice, but social media makes it easy for AI to generate and spread this type of BS content and some people lap it up like it's actually something unique or new.

I think AI is much farther along that we think, likely being used by governments or corporation to influence, but it is a very slippery slope to when AI develops enough to where AI is actually manipulating the governments or corporations by manipulating the content in order to run things.

Now that's a tin foil hat scenario for you, likely a bit beyond the knuckle draggers that make up the far left and far right, but would be fun to watch their heads explode if you bring it up, have found that if you poke a lefty or righty you get almost the exact same response.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 7:35 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nardi wrote:

Relax Francis, you ain't trashing anything.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 8:40 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
Read a few things about Bobby Fischer, who is at best an odd dude, he said that he found chess boring because he had memorized every move and countermove, so as soon as his opponent made a move he had the entire game mapped out in his head and it was just basically waiting for it to be played out until he finished it.

The problem with humans is that we still have an incalculable amount of randomness and unpredictability due to possible DNA mutations or combinations that make our brains capable of creativity and abstraction that AI may never be able to replicate. AI already seems hard at work on this, how else can you explain the success of auto tuned musicians or Billy Ray Cyrus. Have often wondered how frustrating it must be to the old time Motown or Memphis musicians to hear their stuff copied and sampled over some goofs autotuned voice, but social media makes it easy for AI to generate and spread this type of BS content and some people lap it up like it's actually something unique or new.

I think AI is much farther along that we think, likely being used by governments or corporation to influence, but it is a very slippery slope to when AI develops enough to where AI is actually manipulating the governments or corporations by manipulating the content in order to run things.

Now that's a tin foil hat scenario for you, likely a bit beyond the knuckle draggers that make up the far left and far right, but would be fun to watch their heads explode if you bring it up, have found that if you poke a lefty or righty you get almost the exact same response.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 9:09 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
How can we be certain this Clawmaster guy isn’t a robot?

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
the day they start telling dad jokes

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 10:38 am 

Bagels wrote:
the day they start telling dad jokes

User
tell me a unique dad joke
ChatGPT

Why don't scientists trust atoms?

Because they make up everything!
User
another one
ChatGPT

Sure, here's another one:

Why did the scarecrow win an award?

Because he was outstanding in his field!
User
another one
ChatGPT

Of course, here's another dad joke for you:

Why did the coffee file a police report?

Because it got mugged!

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 10:40 am 

Clawmaster wrote:

https://youtu.be/gzGkC_o9hXI?list=PLv7B ... glRPo&t=82

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
regular chicagofanatics poster most likely to be an AI bot not named Whistler

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
IkeSouth wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

it will treat us the same way we treated horses. right now we are necessary. at some point we will be more "liked" than needed, but it doesnt mean we will all be dead. I don't even see why AI would care if we are around or not. we will be ants to them... and humans will probably multiply even more as we aren't spending time trying to survive, and the planet will be fine as AI will control pollution for us.

The problem of AI to me is who builds the Reasoning algorithms which govern the decisions that the application has within it. And it is the "GOVERNMENTS OR DICTATORS" that we should be worried about including our own. To me, the real problem is like what happened with the Covid farce and the harsh stupid measures taken by the people in charge of societal governance where human rights and federal constitutions were abandoned by the government in tyrannical actions destroying human rights and common sense. What this means to me is that these same dictators would make the RULES FOR WHAT DECISIONS these models will make which fits the way these dictators to want to happen.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
the AI outcome will land somewhere between the terminator series (robots kill us) and the Wall-e movie (the robots do everything for us and we get even fatter and more dumb)