It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
So I'm thinking of doing an ebay business to sell my souvenirs. Due to the crime that was committed upon me last month, I've cut down on selling my goods at the market. Only doing it part time now and ONLY IF I can go with others. Never going to go alone again especially early mornings to setup.

I'm looking to open an account at a new bank to fund the ebay business. Ebay requires you have a bank to sell goods.

I've never done any of these online banks and was always afraid of them.

But I saw one online Capitol One which offers Zero Minimum balance and Zero monthly fees.

Most of the brick and mortar banks I've talked with require some kind of minimum balance to be deposited - at least $1500. I'm looking to put in the least amount possible in deposit. Preferably $0. The plan is what I sell I'll just add to the online bank.

I am still a bit not sold on the new technology. I saw how you can now scan a check on the phone and it'll deposit into your account. It may take time for me to consider that cause that does not seem all that secure for $$ and identity purposes.

Is this Capitol One legit? Are there any similar online banks you guys can recommend? Also, for these online banks, say I want to take the money out, how do I do that if they don't have ATMs or psychical branches?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:56 pm 

just put it into my account and then I'll give you the cash

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
I suggest you send blast emails portraying yourself as a lost African prince that needs funds to get back to America...then ask them to send it to you in Frontier Airlines gift cards.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:38 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
I hear good things about Ally bank.

https://www.ally.com/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 5:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
HawaiiYou wrote:
So I'm thinking of doing an ebay business to sell my souvenirs. Due to the crime that was committed upon me last month, I've cut down on selling my goods at the market. Only doing it part time now and ONLY IF I can go with others. Never going to go alone again especially early mornings to setup.

I'm looking to open an account at a new bank to fund the ebay business. Ebay requires you have a bank to sell goods.

But I saw one online Capitol One which offers Zero Minimum balance and Zero monthly fees.

Most of the brick and mortar banks I've talked with require some kind of minimum balance to be deposited - at least $1500. I'm looking to put in the least amount possible in deposit. Preferably $0. The plan is what I sell I'll just add to the online bank.

I am still a bit not sold on the new technology. I saw how you can now scan a check on the phone and it'll deposit into your account. It may take time for me to consider that cause that does not seem all that secure for $$ and identity purposes.

Is this Capitol One legit? Are there any similar online banks you guys can recommend? Also, for these online banks, say I want to take the money out, how do I do that if they don't have ATMs or psychical branches?

What souvenirs are you selling

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:24 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Bagels wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Mason jars full of celebrity farts.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Capital One used to be great when it was still ING. But now it has Capital One stench all over it and the products haven't evolved in the last decade. I keep all of $11 there just to keep the accounts active because I can't be bothered to cancel.

Ally is pretty good. I haven't used their billpay on their checking, but their savings rates are excellent. I use them to park my car money - I was going to pay cash when I bought my car in February but got a 3.9% APR loan from Chase, so I move 6 months' of payments at a time from my brokerage to Ally and I'm getting 4.25% on savings.

They don't have totally free ATM access, but they are part of Allpoint so usually either Walgreens or CVS are fee free to withdraw. You probably have to start with $25 in checking.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I have screen legend Anthony Quinn's undershirt. Maybe I can sell it on your online store.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Mayberry Security Bank is about right for you.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Chemical Bank

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:25 pm 

Lehman Brothers is pretty dependable

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:29 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Mayberry Security Bank is about right for you.

He would never survive in rural North Carolina. And Siler City is full of Mexicans working at the chicken slaughtering facility.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:36 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
True, but I could totally see him dressing up as a woman janitor trying to rob the place.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:44 pm 

a genius wrote:
I hear good things about Ally bank.

https://www.ally.com/

i called these guys and it said someone would talk to me in 5 min. 30 min later still on hold. I'll try back next week.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Bagels wrote:

I'm picturing an extensive collection of key chains and snow globes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:48 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Capital One used to be great when it was still ING. But now it has Capital One stench all over it and the products haven't evolved in the last decade. I keep all of $11 there just to keep the accounts active because I can't be bothered to cancel.

Ally is pretty good. I haven't used their billpay on their checking, but their savings rates are excellent. I use them to park my car money - I was going to pay cash when I bought my car in February but got a 3.9% APR loan from Chase, so I move 6 months' of payments at a time from my brokerage to Ally and I'm getting 4.25% on savings.

They don't have totally free ATM access, but they are part of Allpoint so usually either Walgreens or CVS are fee free to withdraw. You probably have to start with $25 in checking.

good information - thanks.

I just realized all those commercials that have the actor who played Stacks in Goodfellas and was in Pulp Fiction with Travolta are commercials for Capitol One. Can't think of his name right now but I remember him from those 2 movies. He was also in Snakes on a Plane.

I will try Ally again. But do they offer zero minimum and no monthly fee's for a checking account? Right now Capitol One seems like what I am looking for but I would like to have all the other online banks to compare against before singing on.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:57 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's

Chet, why pay interest if you can pay cash?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:41 am 

Seacrest wrote:

Because the cash is still in an old IRA, so it affects my taxable income. This way I can spread the tax burden over four years at presumably lower marginal rates. Between that and what Vanguard/Ally give me for my balances, it's a net positive.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:45 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Seacrest wrote:

Because the cash is still in an old IRA, so it affects my taxable income. This way I can spread the tax burden over four years at presumably lower marginal rates. Between that and what Vanguard/Ally give me for my balances, it's a net positive.

Thanks Chet