It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:25 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
I hope everyone is having fun and feels nice.

Eat cum

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
If you think anyone who wishes to observe such rule in an IRL instance (as you brought up my earlier quote about Schefter and July) should refrain universally and for all-time from acknowledging in any thread on the board any less-than-ideal things about a deceased person, then I think you're being unreasonable, especially considering this was all in response to someone else agonizing over yet another person having the temerity to point out negative persona traits of Reader before he passed.

Are you absolutely certain that this is what it was about? Or are your obvious "biases" showing yet again? Just Asking Questions

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Douchebag wrote:
SpiralStairs wrote:
I hope everyone is having fun and feels nice.

Eat cum

Don't threaten Spiral with a good time.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:35 pm 

Brick wrote:
but somehow it is fine to correct actual friends of the deceased about the real Reader.

As I said earlier, I decided it wasn't the place in either the RIP or Memorial get-together thread to remind people about my personal misgivings, a position I thought reasonable, and in keeping with that unspoken rule in society that gets people like Schefter and July in trouble, when they jump into the IRL version of a RIP thread and start reminding people of "bad" things.

If you think anyone who wishes to observe such rule in an IRL instance (as you brought up my earlier quote about Schefter and July) should refrain universally and for all-time from acknowledging in any thread on the board any less-than-ideal things about a deceased person, then I think you're being unreasonable, especially considering this was all in response to someone else agonizing over yet another person having the temerity to point out negative persona traits of Reader before he passed.

I'll accept that you feel the comparison is not valid.

Do what you feel is right. Fire away on Regular Reader when people say good things about him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:39 pm 

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:
but somehow it is fine to correct actual friends of the deceased about the real Reader.

As I said earlier, I decided it wasn't the place in either the RIP or Memorial get-together thread to remind people about my personal misgivings, a position I thought reasonable, and in keeping with that unspoken rule in society that gets people like Schefter and July in trouble, when they jump into the IRL version of a RIP thread and start reminding people of "bad" things.

I'll accept that you feel the comparison is not valid.

Do what you feel is right. Fire away on Regular Reader when people say good things about him.

Oh the anguish that JLN must have felt regarding whether or not to cheap shot a guy that is recently deceased.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Apart Pizza
Seacrest wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
You keep hoping that it's a bit, and he keeps providing proof that it isn't.
Sort of like the bit where you (supposedly) place somebody on your foe list, then quote him, reply to him, and/or mention his name every chance you get.

You keep providing proof that you can't quit me. Nardi's obsession with you doesn't hold a candle to your obsession with me.

I only see your stupidity Frank when it's quoted.

I could only imagine the rest of what I'm missing, but I won't.  :lol: :lol:

Btw, I've spoken with two posters who have no will or want to see, or meet you if you show up on 11/5.

Your lack of self awareness is surpassed only by your lack of intellect. Literally...

Don't pick on Frank,,,
CMON....between diferentating between orders of scrambled eggs and watching 16 year old White Sox re-runs he has ALOT on his plaite !!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
I imagine Reader wouldn't have been bothered by the honest vitriol from people he was never friendly with. There's probably at least one person he used to be really friendly with that he would have hoped would set aside their "disagreements." We all have to live with the thoughts we put out, though.

Well I don't think he and I were ever friendly, but at one point I sensed there was a begrudging respect, at least on an intellectual level. In fact at one point I think we had reached détente. Then something changed, and I honestly don't recall being the impetus. Then it was just hatred.

The Reader of the last 5 or so years was edgier than the Reader before then. I would intentionally poke younger Reader and he never responded in kind. He would occasionally remind me of that. It's unlikely I would have gotten away with it his last 5 or so years of posting.

I didn't know him nearly as well as you did or for as long as you have. I never sensed much of a difference from the time that I began posting regularly until the day he died. He was outspoken about what he perceived to be bigotry and when you do that you are going to rub some people (namely bigots) the wrong way. His relationship(s) seemingly changed as a result with some people but he was ok with that it appeared. I think more than anything what kept him posting was the positive interactions (and there were quite a bit) with people that he didn't perceive to be that way. And contrary to the belief of some, He had MANY positive interactions with people here who held different views and were of a different race than he was.
That is why the cheerleading regarding his being a bigot (conveniently by a clown that disagreed with him) was completely off base and unwarranted.

The earlier RR ignored a lot of stuff, or he was more understanding. I got texts and PMs from him back then when I may have been too emotional or overreacted to something. I recall an exchange when Leash and I butted heads. He told me I should reach out to him because we were "BOTH good dudes." The same Leash that was used as a tool to attack him with.

No doubt, he stuck around because of the positive interactions. He and Seacrest strongly disagreed, but they maintained a friendship offline. He grouped texted us a couple of years ago to tell us about the battle he was facing. Seacrest was even there assisting during one of his last visits to the hospital. Reader valued the friendships with even the people he disagreed with politically.

As Seacrest pointed out, Reader was half Lithuanian and 25% balck. That balck wasn't even a slaveship balck. He would have been more "self-loathing" than a bigot if anything but skin color matters. I try to appreciate the complexities of the guy I considered a friend. I don't have an issue with others feeling differently. I suspect Reader wouldn't either.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:06 pm 

our texts in the last months before his life ended were definitely (now looking back) a bit more detached than previous exchanges, mostly dealing with our LSU & Saints fandoms. but we always wished each other happy holidays, etc. through texts. I'm still sorry we never got to have that 2nd meeting we wanted for years, and certainly down the stretch it probably wasn't possible at all.

I think any poster should feel comfortable joining this event. It's not just about "Celebrating" or "Canonizing" Reader. It's more about getting together as people. This place, for better or worse, has been a home to a lot of people. I wouldn't be surprised if ex-posters wound up coming to this. It's just a way for people to connect again.

Whatever his mindset was, he still posted here almost up until his very death. That's a hell of a commitment, and that says something about the community here.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

W_Z wrote:
our texts in the last months before his life ended were definitely (now looking back) a bit more detached than previous exchanges, mostly dealing with our LSU & Saints fandoms. but we always wished each other happy holidays, etc. through texts. I'm still sorry we never got to have that 2nd meeting we wanted for years, and certainly down the stretch it probably wasn't possible at all.

I think any poster should feel comfortable joining this event. It's not just about "Celebrating" or "Canonizing" Reader. It's more about getting together as people. This place, for better or worse, has been a home to a lot of people. I wouldn't be surprised if ex-posters wound up coming to this. It's just a way for people to connect again.

Whatever his mindset was, he still posted here almost up until his very death. That's a hell of a commitment, and that says something about the community here.

I completely agree.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
" The same Leash that was used as a tool to attack him with.

The same admitted alcoholic going through recovery leash that he told to go drink himself to death because of an online argument ? Lets not (50%) whitewash history here . Your characterization is a little disingenuous there, Tonto.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:29 pm 

W_Z wrote:

I will be in N.O. for the game or else I would likely attend. He loved his Saints and also the city of New Orleans too. Its one of the few things we were in disagreement about :lol: :lol: . Once he asked Seacrest to reach out to me in order to pop up somewhere where they were doing something and I didn't attend. I regret that now but there is nothing that I can do about it.

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:34 pm 

Nas wrote:
The same Leash that was used as a tool to attack him with.

If this amount of passive voice were used to describe a shooting it would make it seem like the gun put itself in the offender's hand and drove him to the spot to shoot the guy. Good lord.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
what the fuck happened to this thread? i'm not reading all that shit after page 2.

you guys are fucking insane man. why do you all take this shit so seriously? and ppl call me crazy! :lol:

Last edited by HawaiiYou on Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:37 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

The same admitted alcoholic going through recovery leash that he told to go drink himself to death because of an online argument ? Lets not (50%) whitewash history here . Your characterization is a little disingenuous there, Tonto.

Nah too be honest Leash often took on the message board persona of the bigots around here that he defended and often broke bread with. See MANY a WFR post about how STILL meets with him if you believe that to be incorrect. He also took on the Frank, JLN, Darkodust, and WFR method of relentlessly harassing and stalking those that may have disagreed with them at some point. Reader tired of the shit and called him on it. As he should have. And on a board where people implore others to die in fires and take a pistol and blow their brains out that's hardly out of bounds considering that guy's actions.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:40 pm 

Lol everyone trying to tip-toe around Reader being an undeniable piece of shit to people on the board and LTG comes in like "yeah man, he told Leash to kill himself drinking after learning of his battle with alcoholism, AS HE SHOULD HAVE BECAUSE HE TOOK UP WITH OTHER WHITE DUDES READER HATED!"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:42 pm 

Lol everyone trying to tip-toe around Reader being an undeniable piece of shit to people on the board and LTG comes in like "yeah man, he told Leash to kill himself drinking after learning of his battle with alcoholism, AS HE SHOULD HAVE BECAUSE HE TOOK UP WITH OTHER WHITE DUDES READER HATED!"

If being a piece of shit to people on this board was the determining factor for you you'd have disqualified yourself a long time ago.
And If Leash didn't incessantly defend idiots like you or WFR he undoubtedly would have been considered "self loathing"
There isn't a white person that has ever been in disagreement about yours and his racial affinities that was not considered such.

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
HawaiiYou wrote:
what the fuck happened to this thread? i'm not reading all that shit after page 2.

you guys are fucking insane man. why do you all take this shit so seriously? and ppl call me crazy! :lol:

Don’t you discuss the board with your proctologist?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

Don’t you discuss the board with your proctologist?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
I imagine Reader wouldn't have been bothered by the honest vitriol from people he was never friendly with. There's probably at least one person he used to be really friendly with that he would have hoped would set aside their "disagreements." We all have to live with the thoughts we put out, though.

Well I don't think he and I were ever friendly, but at one point I sensed there was a begrudging respect, at least on an intellectual level. In fact at one point I think we had reached détente. Then something changed, and I honestly don't recall being the impetus. Then it was just hatred.

The Reader of the last 5 or so years was edgier than the Reader before then. I would intentionally poke younger Reader and he never responded in kind. He would occasionally remind me of that. It's unlikely I would have gotten away with it his last 5 or so years of posting.

I didn't know him nearly as well as you did or for as long as you have. I never sensed much of a difference from the time that I began posting regularly until the day he died. He was outspoken about what he perceived to be bigotry and when you do that you are going to rub some people (namely bigots) the wrong way. His relationship(s) seemingly changed as a result with some people but he was ok with that it appeared. I think more than anything what kept him posting was the positive interactions (and there were quite a bit) with people that he didn't perceive to be that way. And contrary to the belief of some, He had MANY positive interactions with people here who held different views and were of a different race than he was.
That is why the cheerleading regarding his being a bigot (conveniently by a clown that disagreed with him) was completely off base and unwarranted.

The earlier RR ignored a lot of stuff, or he was more understanding. I got texts and PMs from him back then when I may have been too emotional or overreacted to something. I recall an exchange when Leash and I butted heads. He told me I should reach out to him because we were "BOTH good dudes." The same Leash that was used as a tool to attack him with.

No doubt, he stuck around because of the positive interactions. He and Seacrest strongly disagreed, but they maintained a friendship offline. He grouped texted us a couple of years ago to tell us about the battle he was facing. Seacrest was even there assisting during one of his last visits to the hospital. Reader valued the friendships with even the people he disagreed with politically.

As Seacrest pointed out, Reader was half Lithuanian and 25% balck. That balck wasn't even a slaveship balck. He would have been more "self-loathing" than a bigot if anything but skin color matters. I try to appreciate the complexities of the guy I considered a friend. I don't have an issue with others feeling differently. I suspect Reader wouldn't either.

He got a little crazy with the election of Trump, but he was hardly alone in that regard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQJVpx6KFgA

As far as his "hatred" is concerned, I will say to anyone, you have no idea what your temperament will be like if you reach a point where you feel like shit and you know you're dying. I'm guessing most of us might be at least a little edgier than we normallly were.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
The same Leash that was used as a tool to attack him with.

If this amount of passive voice were used to describe a shooting it would make it seem like the gun put itself in the offender's hand and drove him to the spot to shoot the guy. Good lord.
Yeah I guess when you think about it it’s not much different than something a life coach would’ve told him .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:53 pm 

If being a piece of shit to people on this board was the determining factor for you you'd have disqualified yourself a long time ago.
And If Leash didn't incessantly defend idiots like you or WFR he undoubtedly would have been considered "self loathing"
There isn't a white person that has ever been in disagreement about you and his racial affinities that was not considered such.

Disqualified from what, being remembered fondly on a message board?

For the last two lines: Though I think people play up hatred of their race for performative reasons, I don't think any person owes allegiance to their racial group as a whole or maybe even in part. You apparently do.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

You're entitled to that perspective. That said, you should try to understand the context of what you are quoting before hitting me over the head with your Billy club.

I'm providing context for the "edgier" statement I made. A younger Reader privately "admonished" me for overreacting to a poster he considered to be a good dude. The same poster he later made that statement to.

Leash posted for a few more years after that post. IIRC, they were friendly or cordial before he stopped posting.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:01 pm 

There isn't a white person that has ever been in disagreement about you and his racial affinities that was not considered such.

Disqualified from what, being remembered fondly on a message board?

For the last two lines: Though I think people play up hatred of their race for performative reasons, I don't think any person owes allegiance to their racial group as a whole or maybe even in part. You apparently do.

Calling a bigot a bigot isn't self loathing. Your partner in asswipiness could not spin it the same way you'd prefer to do if the person were black(black victimhood) thus he ignorantly :twisted: :twisted: referred to it as self loathing.
There is nothing which needs to be "generalized" about it either. It specifically pertained to whites here that disagreed with you and him about race. Almost as if to say "how dare they side with those about anything"
I would never expect a "coward" such as yourself to ever call it that but that is exactly what it was.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:08 pm 

I don't think any person owes allegiance to their racial group as a whole or maybe even in part. You apparently do.

I'll take "Now this is a croc of shit for a $1,000 Alex. Every "allegiance" which you have ever formed here has been towards a person from a "particular racial group". Every adversary which you have ever targeted here has been of a person from that "other" racial group.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:19 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Nas wrote:
You're entitled to that perspective. That said, you should try to understand the context of what you are quoting before hitting me over the head with your Billy club.
Rogue doesnt have the ability or care to be empathetic to anybody else...especially a black guy

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:12 am 

pizza_Place: God and Son's Pies
I change my vote to Juicey.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:09 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Rev. VanSpassel wrote:

hi Bmac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:23 am 

Rev. VanSpassel wrote:

Bmac I'd happily drive you away and into the side of a bus.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:52 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nas wrote:
W_Z wrote:

I completely agree.

Every saint is a sinner.

Reader was no different