It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
You can't release a PM that was never sent

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Btw, I've spoken with two posters who have no will or want to see, or meet you if you show up on 11/5.

This never happened

You sure "DOUCHIE"? It would not surprise me if more than a few people (such as myself for instance) happened to take note of the fact that Simple Frank referred to Reader as a "coward" and implied that he was a bigot about a month or so before he died.

When you're right, you're right.

I see your true "colors" shining through!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:20 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
I think posters drive themselves out more than any one guy has by being sensitive to the general mischief that goes on around here. Remembering not to take some of you dopes too seriously is the way to go.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:26 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Btw, I've spoken with two posters who have no will or want to see, or meet you if you show up on 11/5.

This never happened

It's happened again by PM since I posted this. :lol:

No it didn't.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Douchebag wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

This never happened

You sure "DOUCHIE"? It would not surprise me if more than a few people (such as myself for instance) happened to take note of the fact that Simple Frank referred to Reader as a "coward" and implied that he was a bigot about a month or so before he died.

It doesn't surprise me that you think of my color first and foremost, either. You are also a coward.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:43 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

This never happened

It doesn't surprise me that you think of my color first and foremost, either. You are also a coward.

I never referenced your "color" at all. Though not surprisingly you have. Wimpy asswipe refers to someone as a "coward" even as he bashes someone that is deceased is the height of tone deafness by the way. What stones this clown has!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:50 pm 

I had nothing to say about the canonization of Saint Reader in a few distinct threads, but once it makes its way out into more common areas of the board, I don't think anyone, myself included, should be deterred from correcting it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:30 pm 

I had nothing to say about the canonization

No one is actually "canonizing" him here either in case you hadn't noticed. My point had nothing to do with what he was or wasn't as a person.
of Saint Reader in a few distinct threads, but once it makes its way out into more common areas of the board, I don't think anyone, myself included, should be deterred from correcting it.
It obviously bothers you that there are a great number of posters that don't "view" him as you happen to "view" him doesn't it? Just Asking A Question. And there was no obligation for you to "correct" anything seeing as the point (as the overwhelming number of points around here) had absolutely nothing to do with you.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:41 pm 

I had nothing to say about the canonization of Saint Reader in a few distinct threads, but once it makes its way out into more common areas of the board, I don't think anyone, myself included, should be deterred from correcting it.

It seems kinda harsh to throw in disparaging facts about the guy's football career when reporting his untimely demise. It's in the same ballpark as the July's of the world that wanted Kobe's rape allegations included in tweets reporting about his death while he and his daughter were still burning in a hillside: Yeah, it's factually accurate, but does that really need to be said when breaking the news that the guy was killed suddenly? Hell, even the Kobe rape allegations were a huge story at the time that almost derailed and tarnished his career and reputation, Schefter's slight was a curiously specific dig about the quality of Haskins's professional career, so it'd be more like reporting Kobe's death as "Kobe Bryant, who transformed into a chucker later in his career to achieve personal milestones at the expense of overall team success, is dead in a helicopter crash". It just doesn't seem like there was any necessary contextualizing being done by including the nod to his career struggles, unless Schefter is so connected that he was being told it looked like suicide. Which is unlikely, I would think, because nowhere else does he hint at it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Tall Midget wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Remember when c_howit_feelz posted about vacationing for like 2 years straight because I honestly thought about leaving the board after a week of that shit.

Weren't his vacations basically flying to an airport on a low fare and than flying home?

I always wondered if he was murdering random travelers in the airport before returning home on his flights.

This seems like the most logical explanation.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:00 pm 

Brick wrote:

It seems kinda harsh to throw in disparaging facts about the guy's football career when reporting his untimely demise. It's in the same ballpark as the July's of the world that wanted Kobe's rape allegations included in tweets reporting about his death while he and his daughter were still burning in a hillside: Yeah, it's factually accurate, but does that really need to be said when breaking the news that the guy was killed suddenly? Hell, even the Kobe rape allegations were a huge story at the time that almost derailed and tarnished his career and reputation, Schefter's slight was a curiously specific dig about the quality of Haskins's professional career, so it'd be more like reporting Kobe's death as "Kobe Bryant, who transformed into a chucker later in his career to achieve personal milestones at the expense of overall team success, is dead in a helicopter crash". It just doesn't seem like there was any necessary contextualizing being done by including the nod to his career struggles, unless Schefter is so connected that he was being told it looked like suicide. Which is unlikely, I would think, because nowhere else does he hint at it.

This is weak, Rick, even for you. This is not in the immediate aftermath of a passing when people are in the throes of grieving (like it was with July when Kobe's body was still smoldering), nor am I (and have not and will not) traipsing into the RIP/Memorial threads trying to police people's views of the guy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:03 pm 

So basically, it's different because you waited a few weeks?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:04 pm 

Brick wrote:

I had to look, but how long ago was mid-June, Rick? Do you really think it's honest to label that "a few weeks"?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:07 pm 

Brick wrote:

I had to look, but how long ago was mid-June, Rick? Do you really think it's honest to label that "a few weeks"?

I should have said 3.5 months.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:14 pm 

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

I think you knew it was 3.5 months or thereabouts, but made the active, dishonest, decision to label my actions as happening within "a few weeks" of someone's demise because you (1) feel that there is some vague cut-off point past which it is no longer verboten to speak ill of the dead, even in truth, and (2) felt that I might be in that window, but couldn't let it go because I'm me and you're a troll.

So now you can kindly fuck off on this topic you dishonest prick.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:26 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I imagine Reader wouldn't have been bothered by the honest vitriol from people he was never friendly with. There's probably at least one person he used to be really friendly with that he would have hoped would set aside their "disagreements." We all have to live with the thoughts we put out, though.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:27 pm 

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

I think you knew it was 3.5 months or thereabouts, but made the active, dishonest, decision to label my actions as happening within "a few weeks" of someone's demise because you (1) feel that there is some vague cut-off point past which it is no longer verboten to speak ill of the dead, even in truth, and (2) felt that I might be in that window, but couldn't let it go because I'm me and you're a troll.

You can believe me or not but a few weeks ago is when I was asked to pin the Regular Reader Celebration thread. It didn't feel like 3.5 months already and you also claimed you had to look it up. I was wrong about the timing.

The major point still remains. What is the point of you being some arbiter of truth about Regular Reader after his death among people who liked and cared for him and were in some cases real life friends as compared to someone pointing out a few celebrities had negative things associated with them. You then went as far as to act like it was somehow important for you to correct the record on who Regular Reader really was as it had made it's way into the more common areas of the board.

Ultimately, that is why I posted your other quote without saying anything. If you think those are completely unrelated and not comparable at all then I guess we can just move on. Personally, I find it strange to get upset that Adam Schefter pointed out a football player who died sucked at football but feel it is your duty to make sure the board knows the negative things you feel about a board member who died recently.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:39 pm 

Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:
Brick wrote:

You can believe me or not but a few weeks ago is when I was asked to pin the Regular Reader Celebration thread. It didn't feel like 3.5 months already and you also claimed you had to look it up. I was wrong about the timing.

The major point still remains. What is the point of you being some arbiter of truth about Regular Reader after his death among people who liked and cared for him and were in some cases real life friends as compared to someone pointing out a few celebrities had negative things associated with them. You then went as far as to act like it was somehow important for you to correct the record on who Regular Reader really was as it had made it's way into the more common areas of the board.

Ultimately, that is why I posted your other quote without saying anything. If you think those are completely unrelated and not comparable at all then I guess we can just move on. Personally, I find it strange to get upset that Adam Schefter pointed out a football player who died sucked at football but feel it is your duty to make sure the board knows the negative things you feel about a board member who died recently.

I don't believe you, because later on in this post you proceed to strip my qualifications about the indecencies of Schefter's editorializing about someone's football career in immediate proximity to reporting their death, but still try to make it out like I logged in as soon as I heard about the passing to point out his shortcomings by labeling his death as "recent".

You're just an absolutely dishonest person, Rick.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

BRick, you ALWAY lie! Your name probably isn't BRick!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:46 pm 

Nas wrote:
I imagine Reader wouldn't have been bothered by the honest vitriol from people he was never friendly with. There's probably at least one person he used to be really friendly with that he would have hoped would set aside their "disagreements." We all have to live with the thoughts we put out, though.

Well I don't think he and I were ever friendly, but at one point I sensed there was a begrudging respect, at least on an intellectual level. In fact at one point I think we had reached détente. Then something changed, and I honestly don't recall being the impetus. Then it was just hatred.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

Well I don't think he and I were ever friendly, but at one point I sensed there was a begrudging respect, at least on an intellectual level. In fact at one point I think we had reached détente. Then something changed, and I honestly don't recall being the impetus. Then it was just hatred.

The Reader of the last 5 or so years was edgier than the Reader before then. I would intentionally poke younger Reader and he never responded in kind. He would occasionally remind me of that. It's unlikely I would have gotten away with it his last 5 or so years of posting.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:

You sure you dont want to offended on his behalf ??

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:53 pm 

I don't believe you, because later on in this post you proceed to strip my qualifications about the indecencies of Schefter's editorializing about someone's football career in immediate proximity to reporting their death, but still try to make it out like I logged in as soon as I heard about the passing to point out his shortcomings by labeling his death as "recent".
I would still consider RR's death to be recent but as I said, when I was incorrect in the time that has elapsed it opened it up for you not to believe my reasons for it. As you said though, you had to look it up to know how long ago it happened so it seems strange to think I actively knew it was in June and chose to give you an easy out by arguing about the calendar rather than the idea of not talking about the failed career of Dwayne Haskins but somehow it is fine to correct actual friends of the deceased about the real Reader.

Notably though, the only thing you seem to be responding to is my incorrect timeline. You seem to think that 3.5 months is more than enough time to make sure that everyone on here knows the negative things you felt about him including mocking them for their opinion of him as "Saint Reader".

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

No, I'll pass. I'll reserve that energy for other things. Like strongly disliking the mayor.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

No, I'll pass. I'll reserve that energy for other things. Like strongly disliking the mayor.

Makes enough sense. He's alive.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:01 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

The Reader of the last 5 or so years was edgier than the Reader before then. I would intentionally poke younger Reader and he never responded in kind. He would occasionally remind me of that. It's unlikely I would have gotten away with it his last 5 or so years of posting.

I didn't know him nearly as well as you did or for as long as you have. I never sensed much of a difference from the time that I began posting regularly until the day he died. He was outspoken about what he perceived to be bigotry and when you do that you are going to rub some people (namely bigots) the wrong way. His relationship(s) seemingly changed as a result with some people but he was ok with that it appeared. I think more than anything what kept him posting was the positive interactions (and there were quite a bit) with people that he didn't perceive to be that way. And contrary to the belief of some, He had MANY positive interactions with people here who held different views and were of a different race than he was.
That is why the cheerleading regarding his being a bigot (conveniently by a clown that disagreed with him) was completely off base and unwarranted.

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
I hope everyone is having fun and feels nice.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Nas wrote:

Makes enough sense. He's alive.
So is Reader. He lives on in your head, where he has plenty of room to roam around.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
conns7901 wrote:
Has to be HY right?

might want to rethink that one

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:16 pm 

Brick wrote:
but somehow it is fine to correct actual friends of the deceased about the real Reader.

As I said earlier, I decided it wasn't the place in either the RIP or Memorial get-together thread to remind people about my personal misgivings, a position I thought reasonable, and in keeping with that unspoken rule in society that gets people like Schefter and July in trouble, when they jump into the IRL version of a RIP thread and start reminding people of "bad" things.

If you think anyone who wishes to observe such rule in an IRL instance (as you brought up my earlier quote about Schefter and July) should refrain universally and for all-time from acknowledging in any thread on the board any less-than-ideal things about a deceased person, then I think you're being unreasonable, especially considering this was all in response to someone else agonizing over yet another person having the temerity to point out negative persona traits of Reader before he passed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next