It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Addicted to drama?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Read a few interesting articles about the abuse of psych therapy terms like boundaries, gas lighting, and triggered by celebrities and political yakker types.

There is a tie in because it gives people a sense of sharing emotional trauma and commonality because everyone can get on their phone and get "therapy" from a "certified therapist".

Find it somewhat similar to Scientology where the members share similar terms to shape thoughts and behaviors.

If you peruse pop culture and political thought content generation sites you will see these terms used for what we call "off label" use, like someone abusing Benadryl as a sleep aid, which is not one of the FDA label indications for the mediation, and is in fact, an adverse side effect.

This is of course, not to be questioned because if you point out that the "certified therapist", is just someone that did an online class and paid $100 bucks for the certification may not be qualified to actually provide psych therapy you will quickly be accused of gas lighting a victim and triggering emotional distress by crossing one of their boundaries.

When you start to peel at the onion, you quickly see how simple it is to shape thought and behavior.

Post subject: Re: Addicted to drama?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:45 am 

Yea you all think I'm dumb

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Clawmaster wrote:
get "therapy" from a "certified therapist".

"certified therapist" = bartender with a BASSET license

Clawmaster wrote:

like someone abusing Benadryl as a sleep aid, which is not one of the FDA label indications for the mediation, and is in fact, an adverse side effect.

Bennie the babysitter and Xannie the Nannie

Clawmaster wrote:

This is of course, not to be questioned because if you point out that the "certified therapist", is just someone that did an online class and paid $100 bucks for the certification may not be qualified to actually provide psych therapy

BetterHealth of BetterHelp or whatever that ubiquitous podcast advertiser is called is actually just 2 paying customers talking to each other.

Clawmaster wrote:

When you start to peel at the onion, you quickly see how simple it is to shape thought and behavior.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Clawmaster wrote:
Read a few interesting articles about the abuse of psych therapy terms like boundaries, gas lighting, and triggered by celebrities and political yakker types.

There is a tie in because it gives people a sense of sharing emotional trauma and commonality because everyone can get on their phone and get "therapy" from a "certified therapist".

Find it somewhat similar to Scientology where the members share similar terms to shape thoughts and behaviors.

If you peruse pop culture and political thought content generation sites you will see these terms used for what we call "off label" use, like someone abusing Benadryl as a sleep aid, which is not one of the FDA label indications for the mediation, and is in fact, an adverse side effect.

This is of course, not to be questioned because if you point out that the "certified therapist", is just someone that did an online class and paid $100 bucks for the certification may not be qualified to actually provide psych therapy you will quickly be accused of gas lighting a victim and triggering emotional distress by crossing one of their boundaries.

You left out the pejorative use of the word woke.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Claw’s the best at posting right wing stuff so dull you’d think it came from a campus Republican think tank.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 5:59 am 

KDdidit wrote:
Claw’s the best at posting right wing stuff so dull you’d think it came from a campus Republican think tank.

Sorry to make you think a bit, maybe you should stick to the more grab ass sections of the board.

Will try not to discuss theoretical concepts or use heady terms like "off label usage", that stuff is hard for simpletons to understand, but it is way easier to fall back into the flaccid intellectual right wing vs left wing safety zone than actually form a thought on a subject, you likely could find reams of studies from psych journals to argue your case, but...naw just be you, as they say ignorance is bliss.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:09 am 

KDdidit wrote:

Clawmaster is brave.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:46 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Clawmaster wrote:

Also, why don’t men where hats anymore?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:30 am 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

I wear a hat...wait...fuck you

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:33 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
SpiralStairs wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Did you not see me in a Vikings hat yesterday?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:37 am 

denisdman wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Brick wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Attention received from a board legend. It’s a great Monday. Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:06 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Brick wrote:
denisdman wrote:

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Clawmaster wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Sorry to make you think a bit, maybe you should stick to the more grab ass sections of the board.

Will try not to discuss theoretical concepts or use heady terms like "off label usage", that stuff is hard for simpletons to understand, but it is way easier to fall back into the flaccid intellectual right wing vs left wing safety zone than actually form a thought on a subject, you likely could find reams of studies from psych journals to argue your case, but...naw just be you, as they say ignorance is bliss.

That’s the thing, it doesn’t make anyone think a bit. For all your weird posts about people in bubbles, you’re obviously in a pretty decent one yourself if you think the things you post are any more interesting or challenging than the rest off the grab ass posts here.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
is Clawmaster the new less interesting sini ? Can we get a post that isn't 6 paragraphs long

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:16 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

That’s the thing, it doesn’t make anyone think a bit. For all your weird posts about people in bubbles, you’re obviously in a pretty decent one yourself if you think the things you post are any more interesting or challenging than the rest off the grab ass posts here.

Got you to respond with more than the usual boring and stereotypical crud.

Assure you I regularly interact with a wide swath of humanity on a daily basis, but do have a penchant for new concepts and ideas, you are likely correct as the critical thinking bubble is a smaller and smaller place these days.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Clawmaster wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Assure you I regularly interact with a wide swath of humanity on a daily basis, but do have a penchant for new concepts and ideas, you are likely correct as the critical thinking bubble is a smaller and smaller place these days.

Claw has the best conversational deletion (I also call it "cowboy English") on the board.

Love seeing this. Want to see more of it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:08 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Bagels wrote:
is Clawmaster the new less interesting sini ? Can we get a post that isn't 6 paragraphs long

he's been great all his tenure on this board. I've followed him closely since he's join. His posts have always been top quality.

he doesn't get the publicity because he does not seek it like other posters on here.

he is a man of reason.

Thomas-Sox-WorldSeries wrote:
[

Claw is like how Tommy was circa 2016-2019. Before it went all down hill for Tommy after 2020

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:09 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
Bagels wrote:

he's been great all his tenure on this board. I've followed him closely since he's join. His posts have always been top quality.

he doesn't get the publicity because he does not seek it like other posters on here.

he is a man of reason.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:55 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Claw has the best conversational deletion (I also call it "cowboy English") on the board.

No you don't.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:57 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

No you don't.

Tommy’s post were on the level of clawmaster circa 2017-2019. But he’s fallen way off the cliff.

Tommy’s the CFMB version of Mike Foltynewicz.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:05 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

No you don't.

Well, no, but those were two excellent examples of conversational deletion.

Gonna start using more of these. Wanna start a new trend. Love black cock. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 7:43 am 

Before I got into the medical field, I did a few years in marketing/PR research, and they are of course, very interested in ways to manipulate public thought/opinions/takes.

Read several things on the limbic system and how social media uses visual and audio cues to trigger emotional responses, you see this as people stare happily at their phone reading posts and feeling vindicated via follows or likes.

You would expect politicians to jump on this as they were paying the company I worked for at the time for the same type if analysis that major retailers wanted.

You do see some rather interesting and somewhat disturbing results as you have college kids thinking it's cool to repost some rather antisemitic content in support of some rather fervent Muslim groups whose core beliefs, especially their views on women, would terrify them.

Essentially, they have been manipulated via social media and the "drama" that comes with feeling you are part of an oppressed group, or the feeling of being validated via social media for supporting said group.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:38 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
Before I got into the medical field, I did a few years in marketing/PR research, and they are of course, very interested in ways to manipulate public thought/opinions/takes.

Read several things on the limbic system and how social media uses visual and audio cues to trigger emotional responses, you see this as people stare happily at their phone reading posts and feeling vindicated via follows or likes.

You would expect politicians to jump on this as they were paying the company I worked for at the time for the same type if analysis that major retailers wanted.

You do see some rather interesting and somewhat disturbing results as you have college kids thinking it's cool to repost some rather antisemitic content in support of some rather fervent Muslim groups whose core beliefs, especially their views on women, would terrify them.

Essentially, they have been manipulated via social media and the "drama" that comes with feeling you are part of an oppressed group, or the feeling of being validated via social media for supporting said group.

tl;dr

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:27 am 

Bagels wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

tl;dr

Sorry I hurt your feelings lil' fella, it will be OK, you can go back to your safe space now and grab your blankie and a juice box.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:17 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Hadn't heard the "conversational deletion" appellation before t-man enlightened; recall being in a yahoogroup (that long ago) thing with this English or maybe Linguistics major from Emerson and since I'm habitually "null subject" or "subject ellipsis" she put me on blast for it. Other languages already have the diary-drop embedded: either through verb conjugation indication or whatever the hell they do in Mandarin and Japanese et al. Being more informal/friendly/conversational and consuming fewer characters, conversational deletion taking over. Happy to hear it; too damn old to start restoring initial pronouns.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:54 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

tl;dr

Sorry I hurt your feelings lil' fella, it will be OK, you can go back to your safe space now and grab your blankie and a juice box.

yes that's exactly what i'm going to do. Capri Sun even.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Bagels wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

tl;dr

Young people = wrong and stupid
Old people = correct and smart

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:40 pm 

SpiralStairs wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

tl;dr

Young people = wrong and stupid
Old people = correct and smart

Nope, plenty of old people on social media. You need to get out a little more, kinda starting to worry about ya Lil' fella.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:52 pm 

Hussra wrote:
Hadn't heard the "conversational deletion" appellation before t-man enlightened; recall being in a yahoogroup (that long ago) thing with this English or maybe Linguistics major from Emerson and since I'm habitually "null subject" or "subject ellipsis" she put me on blast for it. Other languages already have the diary-drop embedded: either through verb conjugation indication or whatever the hell they do in Mandarin and Japanese et al. Being more informal/friendly/conversational and consuming fewer characters, conversational deletion taking over. Happy to hear it; too damn old to start restoring initial pronouns.

I knew there was another word for it; I considered emailing one of my old linguistics professors to ask him. Those terms are probably the ones I used to hear. (One of Hemingway's characters spoke like this. Loved reading that.) Gonna look up some more.

It's a distinctive way to speak or write, and for some reason, I just love hearing it.

Will save this post so I remember all the names.

PS: I wrote a poem once that sort of did this, but the "you" is dropped:

"Might as well as face it, you're addicted to love"