All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:22 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Douchebag wrote:
Here is probably what happened.

Old Coach: This kid is a fucking prick.

Kid: That's abusive

School Board: Yeah kid, you're probably right. We won't make that guy coach you again

New Coach: This kid is a fucking prick. I'm cutting him.

Mom: I'm suing.

More than likely it went like this:

KID: Taught from birth that kindness is the highest value and harsh words are violence.

COACH: Is unkind and uses harsh words in his effort to mold a winning team.

KID: Coach was unkind and violent toward me.

SCHOOL BOARD: Yes he was.

NEW COACH: Fuck that kid.

MOM: I'm suing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: John's
What is this kid going to do when he has an asshole boss that plays politics? Run to mommy again?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Douchebag wrote:
Here is probably what happened.

Old Coach: This kid is a fucking prick.

Kid: That's abusive

School Board: Yeah kid, you're probably right. We won't make that guy coach you again

New Coach: This kid is a fucking prick. I'm cutting him.

Mom: I'm suing.

The school board guy is a good guy, pretty level-headed. Went to school with him. But I wish he'd just explain in a little more detail about what the coach did. So weird that he only got demoted, not simply removed from coaching or fired as a coach and teacher.

The new coach is incredibly immature or out of touch. The kid's a star player. Basically, what billypootons said.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:27 am 

did the coach try to get the kid to meet him at the hinsdale oasis?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:41 am 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
W_Z wrote:
did the coach try to get the kid to meet him at the hinsdale oasis?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I also wondered about the hotness of the mom.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Caller Bob wrote:
It happens. So we have set a presidence, don't make the school team, go cry to mommy to get a laywer and fix everything. School sports will come down to who can afford the best attorney. Is this the world you want?

Bob if OJ had used your knives, Nicole and Ron would still be alive today

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:27 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
taking the old "headlines don't tell the story" angle.

JORR you are telling on yourself. But then you actually read the article. This is all very confusing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Bennys
This is a good example of why they should just open up the transfer portal and let kids go where they want to go. Fuck these coaches and administrators.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:26 pm 

This kid is back on the team. I saw him last year. He is a solid player. Plus this is Hinsdale South, not a bastion of D1 level talent.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Quote:
On May 7, Savage filed a complaint with the school board against Moretti, alleging verbal abuse, bullying and humiliation.

On June 14, the school district responded with a letter from acting superintendent Chris Covino to Savage. It said an investigation determined ‘‘the preponderance of the evidence does not substantiate that Mr. Moretti bullied your son in violation of Board Policy.’’

The letter went on to say that ‘‘the investigation did substantiate that Mr. Moretti’s interactions and communication with your son have been inappropriate and inconsistent with the high standards of professionalism expected of all employees under Board Policy. . . . Further, please be advised that the District does not tolerate any form of retaliation because you have made this complaint.’’

You can’t put “we won’t tolerate any kind of retaliation” in your letter and then immediately retaliate by cutting the kid. Even the least helicoptery parent in the world would make a stink when it happened.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:00 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Have you guys read the story? The kid got the previous coach demoted by complaining about what the school board admitted was the coach's inappropriate behavior. That being the case, I'm not sure why the guy is still allowed to coach at all. Regardless, it seems pretty clear the coach's assistant who is now the head coach is retaliating against the kid.

move

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Is the coach a member of the Hinsdale South faculty? I know somebody who applied for the job about 3-4 years ago and pulled his name from consideration when he found out that they wouldn't include a lateral teaching position from what he had at another high school (where he wasn't coaching any more).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:00 pm 

Quote:
Brendan Savage, the Hinsdale South senior whose mother sued to get him back on the basketball team, played in his first game of the season Friday at Downers Grove South.

Savage received the full high school basketball experience. Mustangs fans booed him when he first checked in with three minutes left in the first quarter. He was the first player off the bench for the Hornets.

When he checked in for the second time, the Downers Grove South fans chanted “mama’s boy” briefly.

Thanks mom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:30 pm 

https://patch.com/illinois/hinsdale/hin ... s-walk-out

Girls bball staff at Central resigned yesterday.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:39 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
KDdidit wrote:
Quote:
Brendan Savage, the Hinsdale South senior whose mother sued to get him back on the basketball team, played in his first game of the season Friday at Downers Grove South.

Savage received the full high school basketball experience. Mustangs fans booed him when he first checked in with three minutes left in the first quarter. He was the first player off the bench for the Hornets.

When he checked in for the second time, the Downers Grove South fans chanted “mama’s boy” briefly.

Thanks mom

I mean that was the obvious conclusion. Was probably fun for the school. Kick the kid they didn’t like off the team knowing that his mom is litigious. Wait for her to file suit then put the kid back on the team so everyone hates him and he leaves on his own.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:03 pm 

https://chicago.suntimes.com/2024/1/23/ ... dan-savage

Quote:
Would the Hinsdale Township School Board remove Hinsdale South basketball coach Michael Belcaster from his job? Or bend to the will of the 17 players, parents and community members who spoke on Belcaster’s behalf, pleading with the board to let him stay on?

After deliberating in a closed session for an hour, the board announced Belcaster would be allowed to stay in his job until the end of the season. The players celebrated wildly and the crowd cheered. One woman asked the board if they would apologize to Belcaster, elicting an “excuse me?” from school board president Catherine Greenspon.

“I’m just grateful to have him back and basketball being the main focus again,” Hinsdale South junior Jack Weigus said. “I hope we made the difference and that hearing from us made them understand that [Belcaster] has the players and the community supporting him.”

Belcaster wasn’t at practice Monday, apparently suspended by the school board. It’s unknown why the board decided to debate Belcaster’s future at this time.

Controversy swirled around the basketball program two months ago when Erin Savage, the mother of basketball player Brendan Savage, sued the school district and several employees after her son was cut from the team after tryouts.

The lawsuit was filed Nov. 22 in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division. It alleged that Belcaster cut Savage after tryouts in retaliation for the family having filed a complaint with the school district, alleging verbal abuse and bullying by previous coach Michael Moretti.

Belcaster was the sophomore coach under Moretti last season.

“I’ve never filed a lawsuit before,” Erin Savage told the Sun-Times in November. “Our six kids have been involved in approximately 31 varsity sports at the high school. I’ve never complained about a coach. But we’ve also never encountered [someone] who thinks he can do whatever he wants. That was [Moretti].”

Several days after the lawsuit was filed, the school board held a special meeting and put Savage on the varsity basketball team. The school district has never released a statement on the matter. A school district spokesperson said the district doesn’t comment on legal matters.

The lawsuit is still pending. According to sources, the district is hoping to settle with the Savages.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:06 pm 

Coach should be immune unless he's impeached
Sounds like he was impeached.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:55 pm 

GONE!

https://chicago.suntimes.com/high-schoo ... ball-fired

Quote:
Hinsdale South has fired boys basketball coach Michael Belcaster, according to multiple sources.

Belcaster was placed on administrative leave by the Hinsdale Township High School District 86 Board of Education in January, but then was reinstated after most of the team’s players and many parents spoke out on his behalf.

The school district has year-to-year contracts with all of its coaches.

“Thank you for reaching out,” Belcaster said via text Wednesday morning. “Unfortunately, I’m not at liberty to speak on this at this time. I will reach out when able.”