It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:59 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7VvmY_VDQo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
That writer was totes right about volleyball; it can be a little tricky to play without a volleyball. Same with baseball (unless you are Robin Ventura).

Watching this video is actually a good test. Sometimes Matt Walsh says interesting stuff, sometimes it is ideologically-driven nonsense. But I figured I'd watch it first before judging it, and unless there is more to the story or something like that, it's was a pretty valuable watch. I don't know whether or not he really believes it or is just adding it to strengthen his argument, but his point about it taking jobs is spot-on. It's hard enough for creatives to make money; AI will make it harder.

The larger point, though, that AI is lying to us and making us dumber (or at least not challenging us cognitively), is scary.

A little different issue--it talks more about the role of producing art--but it reminds me a little of "Virtuoso," one of the short stories in this book:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Thomas-Sox-WorldSeries wrote:
That writer was totes right about volleyball; it can be a little tricky to play without a volleyball. Same with baseball (unless you are Robin Ventura).

Watching this video is actually a good test. Sometimes Matt Walsh says interesting stuff, sometimes it is ideologically-driven nonsense. But I figured I'd watch it first before judging it, and unless there is more to the story or something like that, it's was a pretty valuable watch. I don't know whether or not he really believes it or is just adding it to strengthen his argument, but his point about it taking jobs is spot-on. It's hard enough for creatives to make money; AI will make it harder.

The larger point, though, that AI is lying to us and making us dumber (or at least not challenging us cognitively), is scary.

A little different issue--it talks more about the role of producing art--but it reminds me a little of "Virtuoso," one of the short stories in this book:

GPS has made me directionally illiterate. As an addict would say, "I can stop anytime I want to".

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:15 pm 

There is ai police that monitor what AI is doing. You can get bing chat to give you sexual answers but then it deletes the response a few seconds later and says sorry I can't talk about that.