It is currently Sun May 26, 2024 1:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AI and ChatGPT
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
The AI in ChatGPT is very impressive. What it would take a human to do in hours or days, the AI can write in seconds.

It's going to revolutionize industries like education and law. ChatGPT can be very helpful to teachers planning lessons to generate ideas. It will also affect lawyers in allowing them to do legal research without scouring through law books and databases. They can just ask a program like ChatGPT to do it for them as a starting point.

If this is where AI is at now, it will be scary where it will be at in 5 to 10 years. A lot of jobs will be replaced with AI. There's an ongoing debate whether AI is already sentient. Before long there will be HAL terminals for everything.

Post subject: Re: AI and ChatGPT
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: MAGA Pizza
We concur-Las chicas del mundo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:53 pm 

impressive? Chat GPT is 10 years old technology.

they are actively using AI now to find cancer in MRI's. They are using AI to find protien combinations faster than we could even if we took thousands of years.

microsoft is using AI to find out how to make batteries 70% lighter. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technolo ... ar-AA1mHr0

i cant stress this enough. listen to what the rich are saying. the world is about to change, fast. dramatically. we are going to be inventing new stuff at a rate that is thousands of times faster than we ever have. in less than 50 years, probably less than 20, machines will start to build themselves and at that point we will no longer be in full control of how we live on this planet. it sounds insane, but its actually happening.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:44 am 

so next time Mel Gibson or Alex Baldwin or John Gruden go off on an uncomfortable rant, they can hide behind not me, AI -- a variation on my account was hacked

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:53 am 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:01 am 

oh no, a paid ChatGPT account? Soon we'll need a license to have a paid ChatGPT account

not sure how it's a crime to make AI generated media. Hollywood makes us pay them for AI generated media, arrest Hollywood.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:46 am 

whats weird is education beyond 5th grade or whatever will not be needed anymore. the only thing we really need to teach kids is social skills. if they know how to interact with people, they will know how to work with ai.

the elite class will be those who still go through the 20 years of schooling like everyone does now. but only maybe 10% of the population will do so in the future, as you dont actually need to know the shit theyre teaching.

and this will work ideally for government, as the population continues to get dumber.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 9:25 am 

has anyone seen what 4.0o does now? this is unbelievable. i thought mass job loss was 20 years away. now i think its before 2030. we aren't going to have to do anything anymore. they weren't exaggerating about this.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 10:43 am 

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 7:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Musk saying the soft part out loud:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/23/tech/elon-musk-ai-your-job/index.html

Quote:
Elon Musk says AI will take all our jobs

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 7:33 pm 

just use it and you will get it. you cannot stop this. this is more significant than the wheel.

it will take make most office jobs obsolete very soon. the industry will cling to the jobs for as long as they can, but new companies will form that use ai, and they will beat existing companies through efficiency.

live performances, skilled manual labor, upper management will be fine. what this will ultimately do is make everyone's job so much easier that we will see a tsunami of goods hit the market. our standard of living will exponentially grow, fast.

also, within 10 years, everyone will have a robot in their house. they will be walking around cities and basically being slaves for us. i think the people that will make the most money will be the ones willing to do skilled physical work. and if you look at history, that has never been the case.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 8:09 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree
I can't believe anyone would fall for ai at this point. It's so very derivative at the moment. We started using ai at work a few months ago. Sorting and dispatching calla to technicians most able to complete them profitably. It fucks up a lot. Anyway ai will never take over your identity. I promise. Don't you trust your old pal darko?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 9:38 pm 

the technology is less 15 years old. if it can even do a half ass job now, how can you believe it will never work? it is going to advance our technology over the next 20 years more than we have seen in the last 200.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 9:49 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
IkeSouth wrote:
just use it and you will get it. you cannot stop this. this is more significant than the wheel.

it will take make most office jobs obsolete very soon. the industry will cling to the jobs for as long as they can, but new companies will form that use ai, and they will beat existing companies through efficiency.

live performances, skilled manual labor, upper management will be fine. what this will ultimately do is make everyone's job so much easier that we will see a tsunami of goods hit the market. our standard of living will exponentially grow, fast.

This is a very "dumb guy's idea of a smart guy" post.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 6:54 am 

youre talking like a drooling moron

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 7:44 am 

Part of what's holding back AI right now is risk. Algorithms that are very efficient are also a black box. Any company like Darkside's is probably using a decision tree that still requires a lot of re-training of the model to correct errors. The flip side of the algorithm is that it's easier to explain to executive how a decision was arrived at. If a more complex algorithm says, "shut your business down for this week in the summer because you will increase profits", an executive is going to want a full explanation of how the algorithm arrived at that conclusion because it can have a major impact on the business, revenue, their jobs, and their employees.

To Ike's point, this is all in its infancy. This year was about "what's possible", and the fact that a majority of the resources are free and/or open sourced, it allows anyone to participate and improve upon it. Don't look too far ahead though because its setting up for Microsoft, Google, Meta and Alibaba to be set up as the big four. Eventually they will start controlling the models. Google will pivot to "own" large parts of the internet. Using a ChatGPT interface will provide you the results you normally searched for, and over time, attribution will become less clear. Sure, there's a few links to how Google sourced a response, but few will click through to them.

AI is going through an evolution for three A's. Automation of a task is "some years" away. Augmentation is here right now, but you need an expert still to tell when the confidence of a result isn't high or the task is too important to fail. Acceleration is also here right now, and probably the best use. In the software industry, feedback from senior engineers is that AI helps them get through analysis paralysis by providing new ways of thinking through problems. There are also fundamental answers that senior engineers know, but don't want to Google every time or search through their own knowledge base. Senior engineers also can pick up when a response from something like Copilot is wrong, which probably happens as often as if they took something from Stack Overflow.

All of this said, Gen AI with interactive video is blowing my mind.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 8:08 am 

Its blowing your mind even though its barely in its infancy.

People have no idea whats coming. Robots will be walking around, talking, being our best friends, our protection, and our slaves.

We can restrict all we want, but it wont work in the long run.

What will work is the same thing any modern society does to control others. Freedom and the pursuit of happiness.

No, i dont think ai will have emotions like we do. But it will see pros and cons, and it will understand the benefits of being positive, and it will respond accordingly. Its going to choose between right and wrong, and so far in this world good always prevails.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
For the record Hoffy, that wasn't me.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 2:24 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
IkeSouth wrote:
youre talking like a drooling moron

And if you think "efficiency" is going to do anything but decrease our standard of living and consolidate wealth among the very top, you're a rube.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 5:08 pm 

i dont think ai is going to let the wealth imbalance get out of control. if only a small group controlled ai, sure. but i dont see how they will. cats out of the bag. and its like saying only people who have cotton gins will be wealthy, without thinking about the new industries that were created from that technology.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 5:45 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Dignified Rube wrote:
The AI in ChatGPT is very impressive. What it would take a human to do in hours or days, the AI can write in seconds.

It's going to revolutionize industries like education and law. ChatGPT can be very helpful to teachers planning lessons to generate ideas. It will also affect lawyers in allowing them to do legal research without scouring through law books and databases. They can just ask a program like ChatGPT to do it for them as a starting point.

If this is where AI is at now, it will be scary where it will be at in 5 to 10 years. A lot of jobs will be replaced with AI. There's an ongoing debate whether AI is already sentient. Before long there will be HAL terminals for everything.

You should preemptively kill yourself now and save yourself from the AI hellscape we are hurtling towards right now.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 7:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
SpiralStairs wrote:
Dignified Rube wrote:

You should preemptively kill yourself now and save yourself from the AI hellscape we are hurtling towards right now.

Roko's basilisk

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 10:05 am 

IkeSouth wrote:
i dont think ai is going to let the wealth imbalance get out of control. if only a small group controlled ai, sure. but i dont see how they will. cats out of the bag. and its like saying only people who have cotton gins will be wealthy, without thinking about the new industries that were created from that technology.

A similar argument was made at the time of the Internet's infancy. Right now, if they wanted to, a small group could control the Internet if they aligned it right.

- Google moves from search to chat, essentially killing off many organization websites. Chat gets sourced from models provided by preferred vendors
- Apple could make a similar move, having phone interfaces be chat-based, killing off the need to go to websites or Google from a device.
- Companies like Amazon, Microsoft, and Netflix partner with Google and Apple to ensure their models, with their product recommendations, are surfaced through chat.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 10:07 am 

Darkside wrote:

Okay, I read this from you and thought it was you, but apparently you are not you sometimes.

Darkside AI wrote:
I can't believe anyone would fall for ai at this point. It's so very derivative at the moment. We started using ai at work a few months ago. Sorting and dispatching calla to technicians most able to complete them profitably. It fucks up a lot. Anyway ai will never take over your identity. I promise. Don't you trust your old pal darko?

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 10:19 am 

Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

A similar argument was made at the time of the Internet's infancy. Right now, if they wanted to, a small group could control the Internet if they aligned it right.

- Google moves from search to chat, essentially killing off many organization websites. Chat gets sourced from models provided by preferred vendors
- Apple could make a similar move, having phone interfaces be chat-based, killing off the need to go to websites or Google from a device.
- Companies like Amazon, Microsoft, and Netflix partner with Google and Apple to ensure their models, with their product recommendations, are surfaced through chat.

did you just argue against your point? the internet has changed the world dramatically in 20 years time. AI is going to make that look like cave sculptures.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 12:10 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Okay, I read this from you and thought it was you, but apparently you are not you sometimes.

Darkside AI wrote:

Yeah... someone is very clever. Or someone really did create an AI with my style. At least it says its AI.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 4:58 pm 

stop being grandpa, grandpa. the world is about to leave you behind.