It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Moon landing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:10 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
First, let me say I am not a conspiracy guy and I haven't read about or watched conspiracy videos about the moon landing being staged. I've just always found it strange that space travel seems so hard now, but in the early 1970's we were able to go to the moon and back.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'....we barely landed an unmanned spacecraft on the moon today. But we supposedly landed a manned spacecraft there 52 years ago? Why should it be so hard to do it again?

https://frontier.yahoo.com/news/watch-l ... 32673.html

Space may be the final frontier, but it's made in a Hollywood basement - Red Hot Chili Peppers " Californication" (1999)

Post subject: Re: Moon landing
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I like a lot of the inventions and products we have because of the space exploration program but I think space exploration is stupid as fuck. A waste of time, money, and resources.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:17 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Franky T wrote:
First, let me say I am not a conspiracy guy and I haven't read about or watched conspiracy videos about the moon landing being staged. I've just always found it strange that space travel seems so hard now, but in the early 1970's we were able to go to the moon and back.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'....we barely landed an unmanned spacecraft on the moon today. But we supposedly landed a manned spacecraft there 52 years ago? Why should it be so hard to do it again?

Space may be the final frontier, but it's made in a Hollywood basement - Red Hot Chili Peppers " Californication" (1999)

I mean you can see the rover tracks still on the moon in lunar surveyor pics.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:26 pm 

It's an engineering problem. The guys that went to the moon in the 60s were using methods that aren't taught today. Also today, most of the materials available are different, so all of that 'knowledge' doesn't even apply let alone compare at all.

Basically, if you took the engineers from the 60s and told them to run spaceX, they wouldn't be able to.

But also, if you look at what they did back then with the technology they had, it's unbelievable. Engineers today would not be able to get to the moon without their computers they have now. In that sense, yes it's a joke how far backward we went. But I do think we're back on track, that seems obvious.

I also understand the WHY question. My only response to that is why not, because what else are we going to do, give migrants credit cards?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:28 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Franky T wrote:

I mean you can see the rover tracks still on the moon in lunar surveyor pics.

Then why is it so hard to even get a rocket launched and back to earth these days with all the technology we have now, when we went to the moon and back in 1972? Just do it!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Spaulding wrote:
I like a lot of the inventions and products we have because of the space exploration program but I think space exploration is stupid as fuck. A waste of time, money, and resources.

I think it's great. I think we should invest more money into it. That investment may play a significant role in helping us prevent or escape the next mass extinction.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:38 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
It's an engineering problem. The guys that went to the moon in the 60s were using methods that aren't taught today. Also today, most of the materials available are different, so all of that 'knowledge' doesn't even apply let alone compare at all.

Basically, if you took the engineers from the 60s and told them to run spaceX, they wouldn't be able to.

But also, if you look at what they did back then with the technology they had, it's unbelievable. Engineers today would not be able to get to the moon without their computers they have now. In that sense, yes it's a joke how far backward we went. But I do think we're back on track, that seems obvious.

I also understand the WHY question. My only response to that is why not, because what else are we going to do, give migrants credit cards?

I'd be booking it to MoCaFi or wherever and saying Me llamo Maria. Donde esta mi dinero?

Officials say it will save the city $7.2 million a year. Sure it will.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:42 pm 

Nas wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

I think it's great. I think we should invest more money into it. That investment may play a significant role in helping us prevent or escape the next mass extinction.

Where are you going to go? They can barely get a rocket up into space these days. I'll go ahead and start the RIP - Nas (2035) thread.
Quote:
God speed, Nas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:45 pm 

Nas wrote:

It's not very green and whenever you get to where you are going you are going to have a hell of a time producing clean energy.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:47 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Nas wrote:

It's not very green and whenever you get to where you are going you are going to have a hell of a time producing clean energy.

The point is to conquer and pillage all of the planets

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:53 pm 
100000 CLUB

Franky T wrote:
Nas wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Where are you going to go? They can barely get a rocket up into space these days. I'll go ahead and start the RIP - Nas (2035) thread.
Quote:
God speed, Nas

It's not about you or me; it's about advancing the ball ahead so future generations can build on it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:57 pm 

The argument is valid though. No matter how much we advance, will we ever get out of the solar system? Physics says HAHAHAHAGAHAHAHAGAGA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:00 pm 
100000 CLUB

IkeSouth wrote:
The argument is valid though. No matter how much we advance, will we ever get out of the solar system? Physics says HAHAHAHAGAHAHAHAGAGA

Look how far we've come over the past 200 years. You can't imagine the growth we'll see in the next 200 years. They'll look at us like we were cavemen.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:00 pm 

Nas wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Nas wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Quote:
God speed, Nas

It's not about you or me; it's about advancing the ball ahead so future generations can build on it.

I wonder who will get to escape the next mass extinction? I can promise it won't be people like you or me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

Franky T wrote:
Nas wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Nas wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Quote:
God speed, Nas

I wonder who will get to escape the next mass extinction? I can promise it won't be people like you or me.

Maybe our descendants will be unbelievably rich and get a seat on that vehicle. Outside of that, you're right.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:22 pm 

Nas wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

Look how far we've come over the past 200 years. You can't imagine the growth we'll see in the next 200 years. They'll look at us like we were cavemen.

It's not linear though. Physics says we are not leaving the sun. Right now, the best I can see, is an AI ship holding embryos for thousands of years until it can reach another planet and then also raise them long enough to fuck and copy. Does that sound feasible?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Nas wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

It’s amazing that it took all of human history to get to the Wright brothers’ flight, and then less than 70 years after that to get to the moon and back. It is sad that the last 50 years haven’t seen the same rate of progress.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Nas wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

It’s amazing that it took all of human history to get to the Wright brothers’ flight, and then less than 70 years after that to get to the moon and back. It is sad that the last 50 years haven’t seen the same rate of progress.

We've made a lot of significant space advancements since then. We had already kicked the Russians teeth in. It wasn't worth the cost to continue traveling to the moon, apparently. The reduction in government funding set some things back.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Nas wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

Unmanned space exploration has resulted in far more remarkable discoveries than sending humans to the moon did.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Nas wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

We've made a lot of significant space advancements since then. We had already kicked the Russians teeth in. It wasn't worth the cost to continue traveling to the moon, apparently. The reduction in government funding set some things back.

I know plenty of space scientists/planetary geologists involved with NASA, and they all want to "return to the moon".

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Bennys
IkeSouth wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Nas wrote:

The point is to conquer and pillage all of the planets

Yes we need to build and mine the moon. Maybe we can drill and frack on the moon. See if we can’t fuck that up so bad it eventually fucks everything up on earth. I think the moon plays a fairly important role for earth, it might be best to leave it alone.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:00 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
IkeSouth wrote:
Nas wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

It's not linear though. Physics says we are not leaving the sun. Right now, the best I can see, is an AI ship holding embryos for thousands of years until it can reach another planet and then also raise them long enough to fuck and copy. Does that sound feasible?

Rumor is traveling great distances is via another dimension.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:21 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Franky T wrote:

I dont believe we ever had a man on the moon, til this day nobody has.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:05 am 

pizza_Place: John's

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:10 am 

pizza_Place: John's
We have a better chance at terraforming mars then finding another suitable planet in another solar system.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:18 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Franky T wrote:

I'm the right age be fascinated with astronauts. One of my earliest memories was listening to the moon landing on a transistor radio while my family was at a picnic. I loved the space program as a kid. The Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo guys were like modern day cowboys to me.

I once made a girlfriend really mad when we were at the Adler Planetarium and I was trying to express the emotions the Apollo capsule brought out in me. She was a lot younger than I am and I made the mistake of trying to explain the difference between these guys and Space Shuttle riders and I said, "Anyone can do that. They're sending female teachers and guys from NSYNC up on those things."

It absolutely never would have occurred to me that the moon landings were faked. If someone had suggested such I would have scoffed. In fact, years later I was playing chess with two Russian friends who did suggest it and I did scoff. But these guys kept ridiculing me as a credulous fool until I started to think about the stuff you mention.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:30 am 

In 50 plus years no other country has done it? I call horseshit. A TV weighed 300 lbs and a computer was the size of my garage 50 years ago. The advances in tech would make a man on the moon a simple task today if we truly accomplished it 50 plus years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:32 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Franky T wrote:

I'm the right age be fascinated with astronauts. One of my earliest memories was listening to the moon landing on a transistor radio while my family was at a picnic. I loved the space program as a kid. The Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo guys were like modern day cowboys to me.

I once made a girlfriend really mad when we were at the Adler Planetarium and I was trying to express the emotions the Apollo capsule brought out in me. She was a lot younger than I am and I made the mistake of trying to explain the difference between these guys and Space Shuttle riders and I said, "Anyone can do that. They're sending female teachers and guys from NSYNC up on those things."

It absolutely never would have occurred to me that the moon landings were faked. If someone had suggested such I would have scoffed. In fact, years later I was playing chess with two Russian friends who did suggest it and I did scoff. But these guys kept ridiculing me as a credulous fool until I started to think about the stuff you mention.

The Russians THEMSELVES landed on Venus.

It's all so silly.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:36 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Spaulding wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:

I'd be booking it to MoCaFi or wherever and saying Me llamo Maria. Donde esta mi dinero?

Officials say it will save the city $7.2 million a year. Sure it will.

Yo habla eapanol muy bien!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:37 am 

Thr Russians claimed they landed on Venus, the heat and pressure probably crushed their vessel like a tin can.