It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Moon landing
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:44 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I've been a guy who believed the moon landings were faked for most of my life. As I've thought about it, getting thousands of people to keep a secret is highly unlikely.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:55 am 

312player wrote:
Thr Russians claimed they landed on Venus, the heat and pressure probably crushed their vessel like a tin can.

There is photo and audio evidence, but no evidence would satisfy someone determined to unbelieve.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:56 am 

pizza_Place: John's
The race to the moon was fueled by Cold War spending in the space program to beat the Soviets. Since the Cold War has ended, funding has dropped. At it's peak in 1966 NASA was getting 4.41% of Federal Budget, today they are getting 0.48%. If the funding had remained the same, the numbers say we would be on Mars by now. Not everything is a conspiracy you fucking loons

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Nas wrote:
I've been a guy who believed the moon landings were faked for most of my life. As I've thought about it, getting thousands of people to keep a secret is highly unlikely.

That's the thing that really keeps me going off the deep end. Someone would have made a deathbed confession by now.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Franky T wrote:
Nas wrote:

That's the thing that really keeps me going off the deep end. Someone would have made a deathbed confession by now.

What do you think about jfk, aliens?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:37 am 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Nas wrote:

Cuban hit. Unless they exist in our solar system, they aren't inside our planet.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Aliens have had thousands of encounters, the government won't admit it..it would scare the herd. Ohare was shut down over ufos . Pilots have lots of stories about encounters..especially the military.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:09 am 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:
Aliens have had thousands of encounters, the government won't admit it..it would scare the herd. Ohare was shut down over ufos . Pilots have lots of stories about encounters..especially the military.

UFO doesn't mean alien. Our government and governments around the world are always experimenting with new technology. So are private citizens. MANY of the places that aliens could come from are light years away. The closest star to us is 4 light years away. It would take hundreds of thousands of years for intelligent life to visit us with technology that is far superior to ours. Besides, there is nothing on Earth that isn't available throughout space.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:11 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
312player wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Nas wrote:

I remember a talk about North Carolina
And a strange, strange pond
You see the sides were like glass
In the thick of a forest without a road
And if any man's hand ever made that land
Then I think it would've showed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:55 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
The moon landing hoax conspiracy is the most ridiculous of them all. 3 people can't keep a secret yet somehow several hundred thousand people who worked on the program kept their mouths shut. Its fine to have some whimsy...conspiracy theories can be fun I guess but this one is ridiculous. So why did we supposedly not go when every engineering challenge was met and solved by the best engineers in the world? Not one engineer has come forward and said there was an issue that couldn't be resolved. Every area of the program from computer to guidance to booster to lander had hundreds if not thousands of engineers working on it so any secrets would have been impossible to keep. I had family that worked on the program at Northrop, Rockwell, and Douglas there was no mention of any hoax they actually took a lot of pride in what they accomplished.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:57 am 

Spaulding wrote:
I like a lot of the inventions and products we have because of the space exploration program but I think space exploration is stupid as fuck. A waste of time, money, and resources.

Look at that moron Christopher Columbus, he's going to sail right off the edge of the fucking planet. What a waste of time, money and resources.

Also I'm not surprised that you view the value or lack thereof of the space program only through the prism of how it has directly impacted/improved your life.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:05 pm 
Site Admin

MongoMuller wrote:
The moon landing hoax conspiracy is the most ridiculous of them all. 3 people can't keep a secret yet somehow several hundred thousand people who worked on the program kept their mouths shut.

The space program was a war effort.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
MongoMuller wrote:
The moon landing hoax conspiracy is the most ridiculous of them all. 3 people can't keep a secret yet somehow several hundred thousand people who worked on the program kept their mouths shut.

The space program was a war effort.

That's why we spent 5% of our budget on it. Millions would have known it was a hoax with thousands being in on it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
It absolutely never would have occurred to me that the moon landings were faked. If someone had suggested such I would have scoffed. In fact, years later I was playing chess with two Russian friends who did suggest it and I did scoff. But these guys kept ridiculing me as a credulous fool until I started to think about the stuff you mention.

Envy is probably the worst emotion. They felt humiliated because they got their asses kicked. The Russians weren't even close to making an attempt. Korolev died in 1966 and they had nobody to replace him. The N1 couldn't even go more than 2 minutes without blowing up.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Caller Bob wrote:
The race to the moon was fueled by Cold War spending in the space program to beat the Soviets. Since the Cold War has ended, funding has dropped. At it's peak in 1966 NASA was getting 4.41% of Federal Budget, today they are getting 0.48%. If the funding had remained the same, the numbers say we would be on Mars by now. Not everything is a conspiracy you fucking loons

Caller Bob is right :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Franky T wrote:
Nas wrote:

That's true about 95% of all conspiracy theories.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
For All Mankind on Apple TV. great show. alternate history that one of the early main themes is the motivations to continue to fund space exploration and how that affects early advances in technology and the timeline for advanced space exploration.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:45 pm 
Site Admin

MongoMuller wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
It absolutely never would have occurred to me that the moon landings were faked. If someone had suggested such I would have scoffed. In fact, years later I was playing chess with two Russian friends who did suggest it and I did scoff. But these guys kept ridiculing me as a credulous fool until I started to think about the stuff you mention.

Envy is probably the worst emotion. They felt humiliated because they got their asses kicked. The Russians weren't even close to making an attempt. Korolev died in 1966 and they had nobody to replace him. The N1 couldn't even go more than 2 minutes without blowing up.

They taught them in school that no one had reached the moon.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Nas wrote:

That's true about 95% of all conspiracy theories.

Maybe. We have knowledge of some of the CIA programs and other government funded experiments. We don't know who the subjects were. Some here could be subjects. Some of their family members may have been. Some secrets can be taken to the grave. When thousands know of a conspiracy, it's less likely to happen.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:54 pm 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
We have knowledge of some of the CIA programs

It took you a long time, but thank you for finally acknowledging the Russia Hoax.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
We have knowledge of some of the CIA programs

It took you a long time, but thank you for finally acknowledging the Russia Hoax.

I've been discussing their attempts to get Untouchable Joe for years.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
One Post wrote:

Look at that moron Christopher Columbus, he's going to sail right off the edge of the fucking planet. What a waste of time, money and resources.

Also I'm not surprised that you view the value or lack thereof of the space program only through the prism of how it has directly impacted/improved your life.

I think Pythagoras was credited proving the Earth was a sphere in about 500 BC. By 500 AD or so it was widely believed the earth was round.

The motivations of explorers varied. Economic benefits as in trade routes or actual resources, religious, political/glory, or satisfying a personal desire are valid especially in the time period you are referring to. I think an explorer's mindset and traits needed are more common among men - curiosity, bravery, risk taking, strength, etc. As time goes on and advances are made it might not matter as much.

The products that can be traced to the space travel program, some of which I use some of which I don't, are great not just for me but for society in general. Computers, foods, materials, medical devices, safety and military equipment, the list goes on, are invaluable.

However, I'm not sure the good out weighs the bad. First of all it's fucking expensive. Maybe it should be left to private companies or entrepreneurs like Musk or maybe that money would be better spent on solving issues here. If we are really worried about population or resources or area and want to colonize a place why colonize a place like mars? Aside from there being other more earth like places mars has extremely cold temps and lacks water. It has toxic soil, radiation on it's surface, and almost no oxygen. The body is also not equipt to be in an atmosphere that has 40% of the earth's gravity from a structural standpoint. It's less inhabitable than the north and south poles. Maybe I'm lacking imagination but why not send somebody to those places first. Why not build a room with Mars like conditions and figure it out? Secondly it would seem to me that in all this exploration and colonizing an almost inhospitable place for humans we will be destroying the Earth (if that's what we are doing by existing which I think is a pretty goofy train of thought but that's a different discussion) at a faster rate. The resources extracted from here and the pollution caused by a single rocket launch has to be crazy and that's when they are successful. Finally, I'm not sure how ethical or good this would turn out from a sociological stand point. We are having enough trouble holding things together here. I imagine it would be worse on Mars.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

It's a relatively cheap investment that also impacts national security. I would argue we should spend more.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Nothing is cheap. Why not just spend more money on security directly?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
The race to the moon was fueled by Cold War spending in the space program to beat the Soviets. Since the Cold War has ended, funding has dropped. At its peak in 1966 NASA was getting 4.41% of Federal Budget, today they are getting 0.48%. If the funding had remained the same, the numbers say we would be on Mars by now. Not everything is a conspiracy you fucking loons

Caller Bob is right :shock:

:shock:

We may have to declare February 23rd as a new federal holiday! :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Nas wrote:

169% faked by Kubrick. There's a National Geographic documentary about it, or maybe Ken Burns or Dan Harmon, one of those documentary filmmakers where they use still photos and then move in on them to replicate motion. Anyhow. The only people who would've needed to know were Kubrick and maybe his different staff (more likely not, see discrete shoots) and the handful of astronauts who went up and almost immediately splashed down and spent some time on an island with a temporary sound/video stage to pretend they were doing occasional stuff in space/on the moon.

Kubrick used different cameramen and other stage hands for each discrete shot (so none of them knew what the overall project was) and then edited it together personally into the video projected to "Ground Control" personnel at NASA to dupe them as well as broadcast over network TV to fool the rest of us.

Do never tell a Brit that the moon landing was a big fat phony. They're more wedded to US landing on the moon than we are, for whatever reason.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:57 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
I like a lot of the inventions and products we have because of the space exploration program but I think space exploration is stupid as fuck. A waste of time, money, and resources.

One could argue the U.S.'s leap ahead of the rest of the world in engineering with the PC et al was a side-effect of the space program and surfeit of engineers without anything to do post Apollo.

But then if you want R&D there are better ways to fund it than en passant via moon shots. We seem to be doing alright with maintaining our lead in technology and engineering since chopping the allocation of funds to NASA.

One comparison is to the Brits Royal Family. Every Brit bitches and moans about how much the Royals cost. But then to the rest of the world, the UK would be Iceland with far less attractive women without the Royal family. Similarly America's space program is much more popular it seems in other countries (where they don't have to pay for it) than it is here domestically.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:14 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
No offense but you kinda have to be an idiot to think we didn't make it to the moon. The goddamn landing sites are photographed by the lunar recon sats and you can see the results of the retro reflector they use to laser range the moon.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:15 pm 

Cuz it's impossible to fake photos or videos nowadays.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:19 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Hussra wrote:
Cuz it's impossible to fake photos or videos nowadays.

Yeah stupid shit like this is why a good conspiracy never dies.
Can you fake reflecting laser beams?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next