It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I just got fired
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:41 pm 

Why do I always get good reviews and then canned?

Post subject: Re: I just got fired
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:46 pm 

I do believe this happened.

sorry to hear if true

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:18 pm 

Why are you saying the nice part quietly?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
you were doing too good of a job, prolly some beta manager worried if they didn't get you out you'd take their job

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Hopefully into the sun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:39 pm 

You were high.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
sorry to hear.

ask Julie if it would be possible to join her lawsuit as a class action

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:09 pm 

Hussra wrote:
you were doing too good of a job, prolly some beta manager worried if they didn't get you out you'd take their job

My last job was like that. Dude was such a moron. He would bury anyone for one more paycheck.

New boss didn't care about stupid stuff. He was great. I should have left when he was killed.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
IkeSouth wrote:
Hussra wrote:

My last job was like that. Dude was such a moron. He would bury anyone for one more paycheck.

New boss didn't care about stupid stuff. He was great. I should have left when he was killed.

No, it was smart to stay because it would have looked suspicious if you left after killing him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:45 pm 

They said my raise was only 4%. My real life inflation was like 40% last year. An extra $250 a month isn't going to cut it, so I did it myself.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:51 pm 

Smart company.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
maybe they weren't impressed by your topics here

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
IkeSouth wrote:
They said my raise was only 4%. My real life inflation was like 40% last year. An extra $250 a month isn't going to cut it, so I did it myself.

Is this company publicly traded and if so, can you tell us their trading symbol? Asking for a friend.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:45 pm 

Its best not to kill yourself for someone else's dream when working for someone. While your working you should think of ways to generate passive income either through investments, rental properties, 2nd job, side gigs (i.e. YouTube, fever, etc..) and eventually the day job income will not be required and your stress about losing your job will not be there because you have multiple passive income streams. Google Financial Independence, Retire Early (FIRE) to get many ideas on passive income being able to retire early and do what you want.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:54 pm 

polster wrote:
Its best not to kill yourself for someone else's dream when working for someone. While your working you should think of ways to generate passive income either through investments, rental properties, 2nd job, side gigs (i.e. YouTube, fever, etc..) and eventually the day job income will not be required and your stress about losing your job will not be there because you have multiple passive income streams. Google Financial Independence, Retire Early (FIRE) to get many ideas on passive income being able to retire early and do what you want.

It’s simple…Live frugally and never get sick.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:04 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
polster wrote:

Living Frugally maybe 1 part but if your not generating any new income your burn rate on your money will be very high with cost of insurance, housing, food, utilities, etc.. I am dividend investor since 2014 and in 10 yrs time I am generating around $5-6K month passively while still having a FULL TIME JOB. So if I lose my 9-5 office day job I am not really stressed as I have income still coming in from investments.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:27 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
IkeSouth wrote:

Sorry to hear about this, Ike. Is it an issue of "not fitting in" with company culture or similar bs?

A lot of employers seem to value conformity over productivity.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:54 am 

I don't get how these large companies make any money. It's amazing how much people want to talk. Nobody really does anything.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:56 am 

polster wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
polster wrote:

Living Frugally maybe 1 part but if your not generating any new income your burn rate on your money will be very high with cost of insurance, housing, food, utilities, etc.. I am dividend investor since 2014 and in 10 yrs time I am generating around $5-6K month passively while still having a FULL TIME JOB. So if I lose my 9-5 office day job I am not really stressed as I have income still coming in from investments.

Should I buy gme?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:30 am 

IkeSouth wrote:
Should I buy gme?

Well if you want to lose money you should buy GME and Dogecoin and split the difference and wait till either or both go to $0.

If your serious and want to learn about income investing I would recommend learning the difference between a Closed End Fund (CEF), Exchange Traded Fund (ETF), and an Open End Fund. Also learn about dividend investing and compound interest.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Grazianos
IkeSouth wrote:

Its obvious to one and all. THEY THOUGHT THAT THEY WERE FIRING LTG.

Oh, he might have went on livin'
But he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the Ranger
With the big iron on his hip

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:23 pm 

polster wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
Should I buy gme?

Well if you want to lose money you should buy GME and Dogecoin and split the difference and wait till either or both go to $0.

If your serious and want to learn about income investing I would recommend learning the difference between a Closed End Fund (CEF), Exchange Traded Fund (ETF), and an Open End Fund. Also learn about dividend investing and compound interest.

Let me know when you need a lesson…

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:13 pm 

i was up 20k on dogecoin and 15k on AMC. then i watched it slowly evaporate over months. i feel like i did well?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:39 pm 

polster wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
Should I buy gme?

Ah, freshman high school economics flashbacks. I remember my teacher opining if the DJIA would ever exceed $1,000.

Last edited by Zippy-The-Pinhead on Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:44 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
polster wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
Should I buy gme?

Ah, freshman high school economics flashbacks. I remember my teacher opining if the DJIA would ever exceed $1,000?

so much this. i remember them trying to make investing seem so hard. what works is looking at the weighted average and gamble off that. zoom out and look at the curves. obviously be keen on recent events, but if you just keep buying under the average and cut it off after 10% profit, you can grow.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:46 pm 

Nm.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:02 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Or follow my (unintentional) method: Buy high, sell low.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:28 am 

IkeSouth wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
polster wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
Should I buy gme?

Ah, freshman high school economics flashbacks. I remember my teacher opining if the DJIA would ever exceed $1,000?

so much this. i remember them trying to make investing seem so hard. what works is looking at the weighted average and gamble off that. zoom out and look at the curves. obviously be keen on recent events, but if you just keep buying under the average and cut it off after 10% profit, you can grow.

I have some friends who became very wealthy at the Board of Trade back in the day. I asked them if they visit farms, research weather or had some specialized knowledge of how the stuff got from a seed in the ground to my dinner plate. They just laughed at my naivete

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:39 am 

good dolphin wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
polster wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
Should I buy gme?

I have some friends who became very wealthy at the Board of Trade back in the day. I asked them if they visit farms, research weather or had some specialized knowledge of how the stuff got from a seed in the ground to my dinner plate. They just laughed at my naivete

I do not know this for a fact, but my strong suspicion is that the average trader got wiped out at some point. Most of the ones I know are purely gamblers and any winning streak would be followed by risky, stress inducing bets to make up for losses. Most of the folks eventually give up. Now the guy that made enough to get a seat and work for themselves usually did alright, the rest were just betting suckers addicted to cocaine and hookers.

It has been said by one of the posters in this thread, genius I believe, that is about the length of time you are in the market. It is so true. When my kids were born, I calculated how much I would have to save per month to get to $120,000 apiece in college savings by age 18. I think it worked out to $50/month to start and raising it by $50 per month each birthday at a 7% assumed return. And that is almost exactly what I had when they started college. Too bad IU cost $200k.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:31 am 

denisdman wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
polster wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
Should I buy gme?

I do not know this for a fact, but my strong suspicion is that the average trader got wiped out at some point. Most of the ones I know are purely gamblers and any winning streak would be followed by risky, stress inducing bets to make up for losses. Most of the folks eventually give up. Now the guy that made enough to get a seat and work for themselves usually did alright, the rest were just betting suckers addicted to cocaine and hookers.

It has been said by one of the posters in this thread, genius I believe, that is about the length of time you are in the market. It is so true. When my kids were born, I calculated how much I would have to save per month to get to $120,000 apiece in college savings by age 18. I think it worked out to $50/month to start and raising it by $50 per month each birthday at a 7% assumed return. And that is almost exactly what I had when they started college. Too bad IU cost $200k.

I know more than a handful of guys my age who retired in their 40s.

I also know people who were wiped out.

If you were on the inside, it was difficult to lose. Those type of people were often taken care of at the end of the day outside of the pits with a mysterious, favorable trade that hadn't been accounted for, "filling paper" (never understood what that meant), or information from one of the market movers that they could follow. They took care of their own inside the club.