It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 8:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
SomeGuy wrote:
Also, with education, students have to realize the kind of economy and world we are in and where the future may take us when planning a degree/trade etc. Getting a degree in English/Women's Studies/Liberal Arts/Sociology/Philosophy etc probably aren't going to lead to anything substantial in those specific fields. That's why I laughed at those "We are the 99%" pictures that had people saying they had a degree in Art or something and were super pissed that they were unemployed.

One of my good friends majored in Geography in school and my dad used to mock him and say "what are you going to do when you graduate, open a Geography store? "

i'm in manufacturing and quite honestly, i feel pretty luck to have been gainfully employed for the last ~10 years in a few different places. I don't think about it all that often, but I do sometimes think if I'll still be around in 5-10 years in this business

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Bagels wrote:
One of my good friends majored in Geography in school and my dad used to mock him and say "what are you going to do when you graduate, open a Geography store? "
He liked to know where things are. Quite naturally. :lol: :lol:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
My degree in Philosophy has allowed me to dominate CSFMB Bull's outing trivia contests.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:21 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
KDdidit wrote:
My degree in Philosophy has allowed me to dominate CSFMB Bull's outing trivia contests.
But were you really at those Bulls outings?

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
Frank Coztansa wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
But were you really at those Bulls outings?

Yeah, if there is a cat in a box but you don't open the box to see it is the cat really there?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Jobu
This popular thread is literally killing Hall of Fame voting.

1999-2000-2009
----------
XXI - XXV - XLII - XLVI

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Kitchen
You people should be ashamed of yourselves. Only in Obummer's America can a company be criticized for providing 100,000 new jobs for you people after Obummer's policies have destroyed America. You people do not know what you are talking about. Wal-Mart keeps America alive. Without Wal-Mart, you people would not have any crappy furniture, televisions, food or any clothes on your backs. Why? You would not be able to afford it in Obummer's America. The average sales associate that works for Wal-Mart makes $12.57 an hour -that is more than what you make- and benefits are provided. Last year, Wal-Mart promoted 165,000 entry level employees to management positions. Wal-Mart has been able to do this in an extremely competitive retail industry that generally has lower margins. Not only would 2.2 million people not have the dignity of a paycheck without Wal-Mart, but this country would be in big trouble with all the Ma and Pa shops that hate America. When you go to bed at night you better thank God for all Wal-Mart does for the middle class of America. #Truth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:45 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
They are not required to pay minimum wage. They choose to pay the least amount allowed by law.

The country would be better if they paid those people a living wage.

I dont think paying people a living wage is too much to ask. Id rather not have to pass a law to ensure that.

To say nothing of the way they TREAT their employees.

You can say, "Not Walmart's fault" That's fine. The fact is Walmart paying people next to nothing (regardless of why or who authorized it) is hurting the country and economy very much.

This is America! They have the FREEDOM to run their business whatever way they want and you people need to respect that. What will you do when they are forced to go out of business for using your foolish model or paying people more? #Truth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:49 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Bucky Chris wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
They are not required to pay minimum wage. They choose to pay the least amount allowed by law.

The country would be better if they paid those people a living wage.

I dont think paying people a living wage is too much to ask. Id rather not have to pass a law to ensure that.

To say nothing of the way they TREAT their employees.

You can say, "Not Walmart's fault" That's fine. The fact is Walmart paying those people next to nothing (regardless of why or who authorized it) is hurting the country and economy very much.

This is America, sink or swim. This is for the big boys. #Truth

So why don't they just get jobs somewhere else then?

There is not one universal reason, but Walmart putting a bunch of smaller stores out of business probably doesnt help.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:50 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Stop attacking the job creators!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

#Truth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:56 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Also, regarding the "why dont they get a job somewhere else then?"

It doesnt matter if they get a job somewhere else. Sure THAT guy is better off. But Walmart is still going to employ X number of people and way too high a percentage of THOSE people need gov't assistance.

How many people do Circuit City employ? What about Woolworth? Checkmate! #Truth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: aurelios
Shop and Buy locally :D :D
Yea for the little guy :bounce:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:45 pm 

Jermichael Finley hates Americuh too

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/186979101.html

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:22 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
SomeGuy wrote:
China has been losing manufacturing jobs for a decade now....the river will flow downhill and also a lot of those jobs the U.S./world has lost have come from automation/efficiency gains and those won't ever be coming back.
That's a point that is rarely mentioned. Low end manufacturing is really a race to the bottom. In many ways, it's good the United States doesn't compete on manufacturing little plastic frogs and whistles because it's not really a long term business you can be in. There is always a country who will do it cheaper as China is learning especially when combined with a population that is starting to realize they don't have to accept low wages.

For about fifty years post-WWII the U.S. enjoyed an unprecedented role as the sole industrial power in a rapidly developing world. It was in this climate that Unions rose to the height of their power. Clearly, such a paradigm no longer exists.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:57 am 

pizza_Place: new york
Great news! We are aware that numerous veterans everywhere could not consider a normal lifestyle after their military service especially when it comes to employment. A period of unemployment could seem like a natural part of the transition from military service to a civilian career. Good thing is that veterans' employment crisis is over because there are companies such as Walmart, as posted above, are willing to hire any veteran. Well, let's just forget the record of veteran unemployment over the last few years because the unemployment numbers are getting better for everyone.