It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:14 pm 

a genius wrote:
This is on top of our hot water heater in WI. Is it a recirculating pump? If so should I bother plugging it in? I did read somewhere they should not be installed on top of the hot water heater yet here it is. Also I read using them can eventually cause pinholes in hot water pipes which I definitely don't want. So is it worth the trouble?

remove it and save your future.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
IkeSouth wrote:
Darkslide, I have an exhaust fan that wasn't running. The breaker was tripped. I reset the breaker and it's running ok now.

cool story

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:50 pm 

a genius wrote:
This is on top of our hot water heater in WI. Is it a recirculating pump? If so should I bother plugging it in? I did read somewhere they should not be installed on top of the hot water heater yet here it is. Also I read using them can eventually cause pinholes in hot water pipes which I definitely don't want. So is it worth the trouble?

Is there anything else I should know?

BTW going tankless is presently not an option.

Thank you in advance,

We have one that is very similar. You only need to use it if you need it to get hot water to a part of the house that isn't getting it. They put ours in because it was up to a 20 degree difference to the furthest part of our house. They installed just like that one. In reality, it makes the cold water warmer than it does make the hot water warmer since it comes back through the cold water pipe.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Bagels wrote:
tune it to 670 Bernstein is on now

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:08 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
My washing machine isn't spinning when it hits the spin cycle. It's 16 years old now. Should I just buy a new one, or is it worth it call a repairman to look at it?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:25 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Franky T wrote:
My washing machine isn't spinning when it hits the spin cycle. It's 16 years old now. Should I just buy a new one, or is it worth it call a repairman to look at it?

I would suggest consulting Youtube 1st (seriously, there's a lot of good info on there and often it is something you can fix yourself). If you can't, I would recommend new. You can pick up a decent washer at any big box for less than $500 and I'd bet you'll be out $300+ for a repair.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
There are a lot of people in various jobs that refresh and sell washers and dryers for like 100-150. Try marketplace or CL.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:18 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Franky T wrote:

I would suggest consulting Youtube 1st (seriously, there's a lot of good info on there and often it is something you can fix yourself). If you can't, I would recommend new. You can pick up a decent washer at any big box for less than $500 and I'd bet you'll be out $300+ for a repair.

I think Youtube tells me what the problem is, might be above my skill set to fix. I'm not very "handy".

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Franky T wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Franky T wrote:

I think Youtube tells me what the problem is, might be above my skill set to fix. I'm not very "handy".

Ditto. The other day the front wheel drive on my older lawnmower at the Wisco cottage quit. I consulted youtube which made it look easy to fix. But I only made it worse by breaking both the lever and the cable. Oh, well, I can use the exercise. Or my sons and guests can :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:55 pm 

a genius wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Franky T wrote:

Ditto. The other day the front wheel drive on my older lawnmower at the Wisco cottage quit. I consulted youtube which made it look easy to fix. But I only made it worse by breaking both the lever and the cable. Oh, well, I can use the exercise. Or my sons and guests can :lol:

Yup. I don't have 1) the necessary tools, and 2) the patience for home repairs. I end up getting pissed off and breaking things - making it worse than when I started.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:15 pm 

Harvard Dan wrote:
Homeowner Question:

Finished the basement and have decided to go with epoxy for the floor with throw rugs on top. Any specific brand I should look for?

usually the aisian ones but that new caitlin clark edition is fire too

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Franky T wrote:

I'm working on it, Sharon!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
a genius wrote:

My dad is that guy while my FIL could fix almost anything.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:56 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Franky T wrote:
a genius wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Franky T wrote:

Yup. I don't have 1) the necessary tools, and 2) the patience for home repairs. I end up getting pissed off and breaking things - making it worse than when I started.

Sounds like you have answered your own question. We inherited an old pair of washer and dryer when we bought our house in 2019. They have been chugging along but know it is just a matter of time before we have to pull the trigger on new ones.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:53 am 

darko if you forget your tape measure dont worry, lifehacker has you covered.

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-estimate- ... 1849365952

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:16 pm 

i have an Anderson storm door in front...first one of these retaining clips on the side broke/came loose, so now the glass rattles slightly. FOr the life of me i can't get it to reengage. If you watch the youtube video of Anderson doing it, 100% of the comments are saying what piece of shit design it is.

now the bottom closer jammed and i couldn't fix it. Just had the mechanical engineer at work look at it too and he couldn't either, so i don't feel that bad. A replacement is 30$

i thought Anderson was a fancy company this thing is fucking garbage

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:30 pm 

Bagels wrote:
i have an Anderson storm door in front...first one of these retaining clips on the side broke/came loose, so now the glass rattles slightly. FOr the life of me i can't get it to reengage. If you watch the youtube video of Anderson doing it, 100% of the comments are saying what piece of shit design it is.

now the bottom closer jammed and i couldn't fix it. Just had the mechanical engineer at work look at it too and he couldn't either, so i don't feel that bad. A replacement is 30$

R.I.P. to my Pops but he always said Anderson was the most overrated shit of all time, just a name.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:46 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Bagels wrote:

How old is the door?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:19 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
Bagels wrote:

R.I.P. to my Pops but he always said Anderson was the most overrated shit of all time, just a name.

I’ve been in the factories for all the major players in this industry and Andersen is better than most. They all have different tiers of quality within their brands though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:27 am 

Darkside wrote:
Bagels wrote:

How old is the door?

3 years maybe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:35 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Bagels wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Bagels wrote:

How old is the door?

3 years maybe

Warranty still good?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:46 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:

I noticed that watching Bob vila on tour of the factory when I was 19. This was on TV I didn't actually meet Bob. I remember thinking how shitty those windows look. I wasn't informed back then though. Cheap is what people buy, therefore Anderson is popular.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:02 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Bagels wrote:

How old is the door?

3 years maybe

Warranty still good?

Just write it off

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:51 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:

I noticed that watching Bob vila on tour of the factory when I was 19. This was on TV I didn't actually meet Bob. I remember thinking how shitty those windows look. I wasn't informed back then though. Cheap is what people buy, therefore Anderson is popular.

You truly don’t know what you’re talking about.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:16 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Douchebag wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Bagels wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Bagels wrote:

How old is the door?

3 years maybe

Warranty still good?

Just write it off
Bagels just wants to enjoy the cool evening breezes of Anytown, USA

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31