It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 4:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:19 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
I'm not allowed to have flannel sheets. :(

No one should ever have flannel sheets.

BigW gotta go old school and have separate sleeping locations.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I don’t believe there’s a human alive who actually enjoys flannel sheets.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:44 am 

Spaulding wrote:
I'm not allowed to have flannel sheets. :(

You married a real man.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
I ran the furnaces this weekend to ensure their operation prior to REALLY needing it. one is 25 years old and the other is about 17.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
I don’t believe there’s a human alive who actually enjoys flannel sheets.

There isn't a man alive that likes flannel sheets. There is no shortage of women out there in love with flannel sheets.
2 more sleeps then they come off. I may burn them.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
ok i'm serious, i need to get a new hot water heater

i don't think bc of the size/usesage that tankless is a good idea :lol:

But i'ts like 20 years old so i get im hanging on by a thread, trying to be proactive

what's good

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
My house has four water faucets (one kitchen, three bathroom) and two showers. It is 16 years old and all the fixtures are builders models with the stupid single handle style. None of the faucets will provide truly cold water. The showers will easily do so.

I suspect the problem is that the cheap faucets aren't really turning all the way to "coldest" when I turn them on. How can I test this easily?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:42 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:

I suspect the problem is that the cheap faucets aren't really turning all the way to "coldest" when I turn them on. How can I test this easily?

thermometer ?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
My house has four water faucets (one kitchen, three bathroom) and two showers. It is 16 years old and all the fixtures are builders models with the stupid single handle style. None of the faucets will provide truly cold water. The showers will easily do so.

Is the pipe under the sink(s) cold? If so then it is happening at the faucet. Seems unlikely that all faucets have the same problem though.

Sometimes it can be related to pipes passing through spaces where heat ducts radiate, thus warming the water. Is this a problem in the summer?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:27 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Is the pipe under the sink(s) cold? If so then it is happening at the faucet. Seems unlikely that all faucets have the same problem though.

Sometimes it can be related to pipes passing through spaces where heat ducts radiate, thus warming the water. Is this a problem in the summer?

I will have to check the faucets and the guest bathroom shower. The master bedroom shower is near an outside wall, the others are all at least 5 feet from an outside wall.

It's a problem all year long. My hot water heater is in the garage, and I have a relatively small ranch (under 1700 sf) since I live alone. 'Problem" is probably too strong of a word, "annoyance" is more appropriate. When friends or family come over, I have Deer Park bottles in the refrigerator anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:40 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
A quick trip to google revealed a few things to check:
1. Do you have a recirculation pump?
2. Turn off the water to the hot water heater. Is the water any colder?
3. Hot and cold water pipes close to each other? Possibly touching?
4. Possibly hot water backing up from the heater? Feel the pipes that are connected to the heater; see if the cold water one is actually hot.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:55 pm 

a genius wrote:
A quick trip to google revealed a few things to check:
1. Do you have a recirculation pump?
2. Turn off the water to the hot water heater. Is the water any colder?
3. Hot and cold water pipes close to each other? Possibly touching?
4. Possibly hot water backing up from the heater? Feel the pipes that are connected to the heater; see if the cold water one is actually hot.

Thanks. Pretty sure the answer to 1 is no. Wouldn't be surprised if it is #4.

This gives me something else to add to my list of things I can't seem to get done. But I want to be educated about it before I ask a professional to deal with it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I had the opposite problem with my shower mixer because it had some bullshit child safety device on it so you couldn't get pure hot water.

There should be one very easy way to test if this is your faucet or something else. Turn off the hot water at the shutoff under the sink. Even if its mixing the 2 you will only get pure cold water with the hot being turned off.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:16 pm 

Bagels, how is your question working out? :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
So the chain that connects the bathtub drain to the lever that you flip up and down to open/close it broke, and is causing some pretty slow draining as I think the chain is down there somewhere. Any way to fix that without calling a plumber? We had a plumber live next door to us for 10 years so he would do everything for us until he died last year.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
You have access to the tub over flow behind the wall?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesars
KDdidit wrote:
So the chain that connects the bathtub drain to the lever that you flip up and down to open/close it broke, and is causing some pretty slow draining as I think the chain is down there somewhere. Any way to fix that without calling a plumber? We had a plumber live next door to us for 10 years so he would do everything for us until he died last year.

Take the plate off holding the lever to the tub and pull everything out. Then you need to try and get the drain plug out and replace any broken parts. If you are lucky it won't be wedged in and you can get it out with a little work. If you know your manufacturer just youtube stuck moen tub drain or whatever. Lots of videos. Plumbers are mostly a waste except when making said youtube videos.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:43 pm 

got some recessed lights in the kitchen...started flickering randomly, then last night went out completely (along w/ everything else on the circuit ) . Reset the breaker and still nada....after like 3-4 min came back on by itself.
Seems like its a loose connection somewhere or maybe the circuit breaker is bad ?
The rest of the house is ok.
Back in September some guys were hanging drywall on the ceiling and removed/reinstalled the ceiling light, but that was back in September of last year. No other changes of any kind that would account for that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:54 pm 

Bagels wrote:
got some recessed lights in the kitchen...started flickering randomly, then last night went out completely (along w/ everything else on the circuit ) . Reset the breaker and still nada....after like 3-4 min came back on by itself.
Seems like its a loose connection somewhere or maybe the circuit breaker is bad ?
Back in September some guys were hanging drywall on the ceiling and removed/reinstalled the ceiling light, but that was back in September of last year. No other changes of any kind that would account for that.

Had a similar issue over the holidays impacting part of the circuit. Assuming the breaker itself is ok, the solution is to try to trace back to the problem from what’s working and check each junction to find the loose wire. Kind of a shitty job depending on how much you have on that circuit.

You could also have a fixture/outlet passing power that failed, but if they were messing around with the ceiling, seems likely they could’ve knocked something loose.

I’d be careful with that one. In our case, the loose wire was hitting the steel box so electrified the whole structure. If I’d have touched any impacted box without turning the power off I’d have been electrocuted.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:00 pm 

yea the "tracing part " is what i don't quite understand how to do. Like remove the light fixture from the ceiling and check it ? Then do that for everything on the circuit until i locate an issue ?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:07 pm 

Bagels wrote:
yea the "tracing part " is what i don't quite understand how to do. Like remove the light fixture from the ceiling and check it ? Then do that for everything on the circuit until i locate an issue ?

Yes. It sucks.

You may have to take out every impacted switch/outlet/fixture to find the problem (and hope they didn’t bury anything behind the drywall that you can’t see). Obviously start where you think there may be an issue - if it’s the fixture it may be better to check the switch first depending how annoying it’ll be to mess with the light. If power is working in an adjacent room, you may be able to find whatever junction box connects the two rooms and start there.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:15 pm 

fuck it i'm just having an electrician come out :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:21 pm 

One thing that may be worth trying is grabbing one of these things if you don’t have one: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Tools ... lsrc=aw.ds

Plug it into a receptacle on the circuit and it’ll give you an error code with the issue. I have an electrician family member who told me these things are trash, but it ended up being correct in my case.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Bagels wrote:

That's the best advise in this thread. Hire a professional.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:44 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Bagels wrote:

Sounds like a lost neutral, start at the light and check the connections.. then open the outlets on the circuit.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:09 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
Goddamnit! Flannel sheets just went on the bed. First the heater got turned on, now I get to roast and sweat on flannel sheets. ugh.

Just saw this. Flannel sheets seem like an absolute torture and a curse upon man. Ugh is right.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:11 pm 

Bagels wrote:

I learned how to do a little bit in most areas, except for electrical work. To hell with that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
312player wrote:
Bagels wrote:

Sounds like a lost neutral, start at the light and check the connections.. then open the outlets on the circuit.

I don't think lost neutral would trip the breaker tho. Something hot is touching something it shouldn't be.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:25 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Something hot is touching something it shouldn't be.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 925 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next