It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:50 am 

wonder what the NRA has to say about this one-
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/oklaho ... ar-AAaUPUM

Quote:
Oklahoma reserve deputy thought he was using a Taser, not a gun

Quote:
A white reserve deputy accidentally shot an unarmed black man with a gun instead of a Taser, and Oklahoma law enforcement officials berated the man as he lay dying on the ground, according to body-camera footage released this weekend.

"Oh, God. Oh, he shot me; I didn't do s--!" the suspect, Eric Courtney Harris, can be heard saying as officers from the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office violent crimes task force surround him after a foot chase. "He shot me, man! Oh, my God."

"You didn't do s--? You didn't do s--? You hear me?" responds a man on the task force.

"I'm losing my breath," Harris says.

"F-- your breath!" a man responds.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:07 am 

If you run, cops are allowed to shoot you

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:20 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:

unless you want them to obey the law

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
rogers park bryan wrote:

Even as bad as that other shooting was. The guy probably would not have been shot if he did not run.
Cops might be pricks but when you run or resist you basically throw most of the rule book out.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
chaspoppcap wrote:
Cops might be pricks but when you run or resist you basically throw most of the rule book out.

That is a problem.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:19 pm 

Yeah, Im just saying what happens, not what should be

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:56 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:

Isn't the Police supposed to be the one enforcing the rule book? :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:57 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
In the old days was it common to shoot a fleeing felon or possible felon even if unarmed. Maybe it was tv but a I remember bad guys running got shot. I am not for that btw.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:34 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:

um, what? no you dont. there are rules in place for when people run. cops are trained for this. unless the guy is an immediate threat to someone elses life, you do NOT shoot him.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:35 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
chaspoppcap wrote:

Isn't the Police supposed to be the one enforcing the rule book? :lol: :lol:

actually no the cops are just supposed to observe, report and if need be detain. judges enforce the rule book.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:36 pm 

pittmike wrote:
In the old days was it common to shoot a fleeing felon or possible felon even if unarmed. Maybe it was tv but a I remember bad guys running got shot. I am not for that btw.

that was the movies

you dont shoot an unarmed man running away from you. that is not only called a pussy move, its illegal.

fittingly, this guy is being charged with manslaughter http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/okl ... ar-AAaWfd8

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:08 am 

IkeSouth wrote:
pittmike wrote:

that was the movies

you dont shoot an unarmed man running away from you. that is not only called a pussy move, its illegal.

fittingly, this guy is being charged with manslaughter http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/okl ... ar-AAaWfd8

That pisses me off. How did they know he was unarmed. Mother fucker was selling guns that is why they where trying to catch him. Dont put this in the same category as the guy selling cigarettes. This was a bad guy, I am sorry he is dead but there would have been no chase or contact with the police IF HE WAS NOT TRYING TO SELL AN ILLEGAL FUCKING GUN.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:23 am 

so you believe cops should be judges and executioners. wow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:18 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
so you believe cops should be judges and executioners. wow

WOW you really have no grasp of reality

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:20 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
Mother fucker was selling guns that is why they where trying to catch him. Dont put this in the same category as the guy selling cigarettes. This was a bad guy, I am sorry he is dead but there would have been no chase or contact with the police IF HE WAS NOT TRYING TO SELL AN ILLEGAL FUCKING GUN.

your words not mine dumb fuck

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:24 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
pittmike wrote:

that was the movies

That pisses me off. How did they know he was unarmed. Mother fucker was selling guns that is why they where trying to catch him. Dont put this in the same category as the guy selling cigarettes. This was a bad guy, I am sorry he is dead but there would have been no chase or contact with the police IF HE WAS NOT TRYING TO SELL AN ILLEGAL FUCKING GUN.

Maybe the DA meant to release the guy but grabbed the wrong file?