It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:10 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Everyone who breaks the law should be run over or shot.

Period.

inform yourself before you speak dumbass. this guy needed to be run over.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Bagels wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Yeah, I dont think protocol was followed there.

that's kind of the point. I'm sure this isn't the only instance in recent memory that a cop(s) had to deal with a gun wielding suspect. i would go as far as to say i bet it happens every day somewhere in this great land of ours. and it doesn't appear that "run suspect over with your squad car" is the standard method of handling that situation.

Who cares what the standard is? Maybe this is a new standard. "Running suspects over with a car?" you ask incredulously.

No. Efficiently handling a threatening situation. This cop saw an opportunity to make sure the situation did not escalate further. He should be applauded.

Fuck protocol...he easily could have saved several lives.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
IMU wrote:
Bagels wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

that's kind of the point. I'm sure this isn't the only instance in recent memory that a cop(s) had to deal with a gun wielding suspect. i would go as far as to say i bet it happens every day somewhere in this great land of ours. and it doesn't appear that "run suspect over with your squad car" is the standard method of handling that situation.

Who cares what the standard is? Maybe this is a new standard. "Running suspects over with a car?" you ask incredulously.

No. Efficiently handling a threatening situation. This cop saw an opportunity to make sure the situation did not escalate further. He should be applauded.

hopefully the next cop that pulls you over decides the new standard is to smack you like a little bitch

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:21 pm 

Bagels wrote:
IMU wrote:
Bagels wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

hopefully the next cop that pulls you over decides the new standard is to smack you like a little bitch

:shock:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
maybe he thought it was an Illinois Nazi.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:45 pm 

Bagels wrote:

This is helping you come off as completely normal. Good job.

Something ever happens to you and your family because cops didn't do something and you'll be first in line suing the department and city for negligence. Just shut up with you're garbage. He wasn't going 10 over on a highway, he wasn't jaywalking, he wasn't loitering. This guy had committed breaking and entering, robbery, and vehicle theft and then had a rifle in the middle of a populated area. There is no right given to citizens in America to act like a piece of shit. Eliminate the threat.

You live in a society, you play by the fucking rules.

Use of force by the police is not illegal.

Last edited by IMU on Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Hawg Ass wrote:
No clue, don't know if his wife left him in the morning, he got bit by the dog, fired from a job etc.... He was up to no good.

That's Inglewood for ya ...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:48 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
No clue, don't know if his wife left him in the morning, he got bit by the dog, fired from a job etc.... He was up to no good.

That's Inglewood for ya ...

Tough in the big city Tiny.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:56 pm 

The whole "you criticize Cops but someday you'll need them" line is not a wise one. You don't lower standards for cops because "Hey, what if I need them someday?"

I'm more on IMUs side of this debate than Bagels but that's silly.

Bagels the guy didn't give cops a lot of options. IMU, there is no reason to celebrate what happened and I doubt anyone in law enforcement would call running over a citizen "efficient"

This is a sad story. The cop is probably gonna be in therapy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:56 pm 

i think it kinda was protocol. the guy was an immediate threat to the public. and im sure the cop is tired of seeing all these shooting stories in the headlines and he didnt want any part of that, so he just said "fine, cant use my gun ill use something a lot more fun anyway"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:04 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
The whole "you criticize Cops but someday you'll need them" line is not a wise one. You don't lower standards for cops because "Hey, what if I need them someday?"

This is not what I'm doing. I'm saying the public's perception of cops will never be good. While there have been a couple unacceptable cases of police abuse of power, this is clearly not one of them. The system and laws are not broken. Maybe the police departments aren't being as careful as they need to be when promoting from the academy.

But the police have the ability to use force, and the actions of guys like this are the reason that use is justified. Let's say the cop did nothing, and this guy shot and killed 3 people in the area.

There would be a firestorm about how the media has handcuffed the police from doing their job since every cop on the job is now worried about being sent to prison for life for attempting to apprehend a criminal.

Lose lose.

This guy was a criminal with a rifle in a public area. This shouldn't even be a debate.
rogers park bryan wrote:
Bagels the guy didn't give cops a lot of options. IMU, there is no reason to celebrate what happened and I doubt anyone in law enforcement would call running over a citizen "efficient"

Allowing the guy to possibly take hostages or cause harm to others is certainly not efficient.

I stand by my use of the term efficient. This was efficient. It mitigated risk. It prevented escalation.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Hatchetman wrote:
maybe he thought it was an Illinois Nazi.

I hate Illinois Nazis.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:11 pm 

IMU wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

This is not what I'm doing. I'm saying the public's perception of cops will never be good. While there have been a couple unacceptable cases of police abuse of power, this is clearly not one of them. The system and laws are not broken. Maybe the police departments aren't being as careful as they need to be when promoting from the academy.

But the police have the ability to use force, and the actions of guys like this are the reason that use is justified. Let's say the cop did nothing, and this guy shot and killed 3 people in the area.

There would be a firestorm about how the media has handcuffed the police from doing their job since every cop on the job is now worried about being sent to prison for life for attempting to apprehend a criminal.

Lose lose.

This guy was a criminal with a rifle in a public area. This shouldn't even be a debate.

I agree with this particular use of force.

To say the system isn't broken or write it off as a few bad apples is crazy tho

There are problems on an institutional level with police. From the literal resistance to intelligent people to the obvious racial bias, the problems exist.

It seems like Bagels has issues with police and you have issues with people who hate police and your taking it out on each other. I think its misdirected on both sides, but my formal training is in commodity futures so what do I know.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
IMU wrote:
This is justified, right? C'mon, the dude has a fucking rifle. He robbed a church and home, and stole a car.

Thank you for your service, Officer Rapiejko. You're one of the good ones.

Should have swerved when he saw the rifle under the chin....but still get the footage!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
I have issues with people who interchange "your" and "you're", and I hope the cops shoot and then run over them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Don Tiny wrote:
I hope the cops shoot and then run over them.

Apologist wrote:
What's the difference?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:10 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
There are problems on an institutional level with police. From the literal resistance to intelligent people to the obvious racial bias, the problems exist.

I think it starts and ends at "who" is being accepted as police. I don't think you 'break bad' once you become a cop. That is what I meant.
Don Tiny wrote:
I have issues with people who interchange "your" and "you're", and I hope the cops shoot and then run over them.

Edited. I'm allowed the occasional slip. With me, you know it is a typo.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:30 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Douchebag wrote:
Everyone who breaks the law should be run over or shot.

Period.

This guy gets it

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.