It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:43 am 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/ohi ... aP#image=1

Quote:
The video shows Kidder backpedaling and telling 27-year-old Michael Wilcox he doesn't want to shoot him.

Quote:
Kidder says dispatchers told him Wilcox could try to force a "suicide by cop" after a chaotic, violent chase.

Quote:
Kidder says a relative gave him the body camera following the deadly officer-involved shooting in Ferguson, Missouri.

right move. congrats for this cop to voluntarily wear the camera and thinking about what his job actually is. he did what cops are trained to do AND was willing to take a little risk to carry out that training. REAL POLICE OFFICER.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:02 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Watching the video, that's a lot of restraint by the cop, especially when he falls down near the end. I am guessing if the guy lunges towards him again, he's got to shoot, but at least having that video evidence takes all doubt out of a he said/dead person cant say scenario. I don't think body cams are going to be the magic beans that make all police behave well (I'm sure there will be some "accidentally obscured" footage when it gets fully rolled out) but I think it's pretty clear that citizens are clamoring for transparency in law enforcement, and body cams go a long way towards making that a reality.