It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: last day draggin
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:50 pm 

i quit this job im at due to lack of money

and i gave them time to make the transition of me leaving as easy as possible

boss isnt making me do much, and theres 4 hours left in the day and he doesnt want me to leave early :roll: the whole point why im leaving is because it hasnt been worth my time. whatever. i want to keep a good relationship because they will still be using me for contract jobs... but this is kinda dumb

Post subject: Re: last day draggin
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:57 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
i quit this job im at due to lack of money

and i gave them time to make the transition of me leaving as easy as possible

boss isnt making me do much, and theres 4 hours left in the day and he doesnt want me to leave early :roll: the whole point why im leaving is because it hasnt been worth my time. whatever. i want to keep a good relationship because they will still be using me for contract jobs... but this is kinda dumb

Do you have another job lined up?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:05 pm 

nothing closed, but a few solid leads, one supposedly sure thing, and apparently i can move to nebraska at any time and take a $50k position without an interview. nebraska is the only for sure thing i have in pocket, but man... there is DICK SHIT out there as far as people and things to do.

i also have been paid so little here that i can make enough money out of my own business at home to pay the bills. I came here because i was promised a lot more money... you know, just give us a few months while we get these projects off the ground... blah blah blah fast forward one year and they cant believe im quitting.

i have a ton of maintenance work to do for my familys resort too. summer fast approaching and shit needs to get done. no payment for that, but they do let me stay there rent free. ill be fine.

if i cant find a good job around here i will simply drive to california. not that i want to, but im in the technology field and quite honestly its dumb to get a job in this sector anywhere else but cali.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
IkeSouth wrote:
nothing closed, but a few solid leads, one supposedly sure thing, and apparently i can move to nebraska at any time and take a $50k position without an interview. nebraska is the only for sure thing i have in pocket, but man... there is DICK SHIT out there as far as people and things to do.

i also have been paid so little here that i can make enough money out of my own business at home to pay the bills. I came here because i was promised a lot more money... you know, just give us a few months while we get these projects off the ground... blah blah blah fast forward one year and they cant believe im quitting.

i have a ton of maintenance work to do for my familys resort too. summer fast approaching and shit needs to get done. no payment for that, but they do let me stay there rent free. ill be fine.

if i cant find a good job around here i will simply drive to california. not that i want to, but im in the technology field and quite honestly its dumb to get a job in this sector anywhere else but cali.

Resort? Where is it?

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
IkeSouth wrote:
nothing concrete, but a few solid leads, one supposedly sure thing, and apparently i can move to nebraska at any time and take a $50k position without an interview. nebraska is the only for sure thing i have in pocket, but man... there is DICK SHIT out there as far as people and things to do.

Lots of tech jobs in places like Austin, & Minneapolis.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:17 pm 

All the best to ya Ike.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
IkeSouth wrote:

North Dakota....you just wont be able to find a house, but can afford a kick ass RV

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:24 pm 

ill be fine. i got enough saved up for a couple months if i dont make single dime in that time, and i plan on making money anyway.. and its a hell of a lot easier to get a job when you dont have one. you need time during the day to research companies and create cover letters for your resume, plus time to interview. and quite honestly it seems employers like hearing youre between jobs because there wont be any reason you bail at the last minute, after going through a long interview process.

i also have never crowdfunded my business. I was going to do that last year, but i decided to make a new version of my product so i didnt want to get everyone excited about the old model. plus i was working here.

now that ill be free, ill just try it. i know i can get at least 50k probably more. should be fun... again, i have a lot of options and i made this decision to leave against heavy pushback from the ownership. they still dont think im leaving... they told me last night 'just take a few days off next week. we will have an offer to you on monday' :lol: i had already told them they didnt have any cards to play!!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:25 pm 

bigfan wrote:
North Dakota....you just wont be able to find a house, but can afford a kick ass RV

i have no kids or anything holding me down here. i could do the fracking thing... i dont know... the job itself, no matter how messy or hard i dont care... but the kind of people i would have to work around everyday... i used to do that in construction. i dont think i can go back to that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Move to San Diego, Ike. I need an Alpine beer source.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:33 pm 

redskingreg wrote:
Move to San Diego, Ike. I need an Alpine beer source.

probably LA more likely, just so many jobs there and so many drug addicts and weirdos. i feel like i could walk in and get hired in a day.

but san diego is definitely on the list if i decide to go for a national search. if i dont get the couple of good jobs i am looking at around here, i will be going national in my search.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
IkeSouth wrote:
ill be fine. i got enough saved up for a couple months if i dont make single dime in that time, and i plan on making money anyway.. and its a hell of a lot easier to get a job when you dont have one. you need time during the day to research companies and create cover letters for your resume, plus time to interview. and quite honestly it seems employers like hearing youre between jobs because there wont be any reason you bail at the last minute, after going through a long interview process.

i also have never crowdfunded my business. I was going to do that last year, but i decided to make a new version of my product so i didnt want to get everyone excited about the old model. plus i was working here.

now that ill be free, ill just try it. i know i can get at least 50k probably more. should be fun... again, i have a lot of options and i made this decision to leave against heavy pushback from the ownership. they still dont think im leaving... they told me last night 'just take a few days off next week. we will have an offer to you on monday' :lol: i had already told them they didnt have any cards to play!!

You should definitly listen to the offer.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:50 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
bigfan wrote:

i have no kids or anything holding me down here. i could do the fracking thing... i dont know... the job itself, no matter how messy or hard i dont care... but the kind of people i would have to work around everyday... i used to do that in construction. i dont think i can go back to that.

Since you have been a part of this site, I think you have had many jobs?

And now you are unemployed......how about joining me, NAS, JORR...for the fight....I will pay your share!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:55 pm 

bigfan wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
bigfan wrote:

And now you are unemployed......how about joining me, NAS, JORR...for the fight....I will pay your share!

So Nas won't post here, but you guys are getting together for the fight?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Hawg Ass wrote:
All the best to ya Ike.

Absolutely.

Fun's fun, but always happier to hear when folks are doing well, even the penii. :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:49 pm 

this is not a bad day guys, far from it.

and yes, ive had tons of jobs in my life. i am not one of those guys who sticks around because i think i cant do any better. i always strive for better, and if i feel the company i work for isnt doing what they should to grow the business i leave. one thing i have definitely learned is those who run a company think they know everything, and if their company struggles they will come up with every excuse in the book instead of looking at a mirror.

there are a shitload of companies that make their money by screwing their guys on the bottom. i am looking for a company that doesn't do that, its that simple. it was a little easier in the union because everyone gets paid the same, but i had to leave that because of they type of guys in the trades. fuckin bottom feeders. true morons.

i made a cover letter last night for an IT company that i really want to get into. taking a bit of a chance, it is a formal format letter but the wording will need to be read by an intelligent person with a sense of humor. i figure why not stand out, its worked before and last thing i want is to give an impression that im just some nerdy tech guy like all the rest. plus i dont want to work for a guy who is always serious. and of course, i did research them and its clear just by their website they have a sense of humor.

Last edited by IkeSouth on Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:50 pm 

bigfan wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
bigfan wrote:

fight? are we meeting in las vegas?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:27 pm 

Hawg Ass wrote:
bigfan wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
bigfan wrote:

So Nas won't post here, but you guys are getting together for the fight?

correct

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:28 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
bigfan wrote:
IkeSouth wrote:
bigfan wrote:

fight? are we meeting in las vegas?

Ike, June 25 is Vegas...I will get you a comped room at the Hard Rock.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:52 pm 

honestly that sounds awesome. would be nice to kick it with guys who understand i say things because i feel like it

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:41 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
IkeSouth wrote:
there is DICK SHIT out there as far as people and things to do.

san francisco just texted me and said "what the fuck? a little respect plz"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
bigfan wrote:

Why don't I get offers like these? I've been jobless since I've been here. The coolest girl is just an okay guy. I'm sad.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:13 pm 

well if biggie offered you or even someone like me there's a chance we might show up!

honestly one time ike was talking about doing a bar crawl through chicago when he was in town and i was down and a half. i'd sign a NDA to not tell the board about the guy, especially if there's any multage going on. i'll still cross my fingers and hope that someday this goes down because holy shit we can stalk the sunrise ike, i've got the rotation down pat if you wanna make it until the metras/amtraks start running again in the morning.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I dunno. I'm the opposite of bigfan, I don't like driving into the city. And they don't want girls there.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:57 am 

Spaulding the shit i say on here and youre still willing to kick it with me... I say ur invited. I prefer molten basketballs but whatever

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:06 am 

Sini i dont avoid it. I dont go out much believe it or not. Not a good drinker. But i still have my nights. Its just gotta be the right night. Doesnt help im two hours away

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:13 am 

IkeSouth wrote:
Sini i dont avoid it. I dont go out much believe it or not. Not a good drinker. But i still have my nights. Its just gotta be the right night. Doesnt help im two hours away

well i can tell you from experience that if you're gonna go all through the night you don't wanna go crazy drinking anyways. you'll not only piss away a bunch of $$$, but you'll dilute yourself to the point where you're missing out on keen observations of the passing scene. seriously by the time we'd get to the continental you don't want to be too far gone because if you're looking to clean up nobody wants to be on their hands and knees doing the dirty work at 5am when puking seems like the greatest thing on earth. you gotta have your wits about you and as such i tend to look at the alcohol as more of a cost of doing business than an endgame.

i can't blame you on the staying home part cuz honestly if you've got a nice sack and proper sound system then you only need the world for sporadic changeups of variance which is just an euphemism for what the british affectionately refer to as "slags" =D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:19 am 

I just have fun drinkin or not. I dont care. Ill always have a beer but gettin drunk isnt always fun