It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 187  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:42 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
You know what sucks...Youth Baseball "Draft" nights. Especially when you are new to the league like me and not in the "clique". I know I got screwed and will be going up against some "stacked" teams.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Me and a buddy tanked our youth baseball tryout so that we would be graded poorly in the draft and our dads could form a super-team.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:03 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Me and a buddy tanked our youth baseball tryout so that we would be graded poorly in the draft and our dads could form a super-team.

:lol: I have a feeling similar shenanigans is going on in my league

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Caller Bob wrote:
You know what sucks...Youth Baseball "Draft" nights. Especially when you are new to the league like me and not in the "clique". I know I got screwed and will be going up against some "stacked" teams.

My friend’s Dad was a park district chair or something. After coaching a shit team for three years it’s amazing how the chips fell to give him teams that were essentially all stR teams. Nothing pleased me more than the year my team knocked their ass out of the post season.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:33 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

When I was 13 the coach with the first pick for our baseball league had work. The commissioner had the second pick. and of course he gave himself the best player. About a month into the season there was an actual trade made to get the best player on the team who drafted first :lol: :lol: . That was the last year of our league.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:54 pm 

Blows to be the new guy, but between watching the kids warm up(like actual ballplayers) and seeing who's wearing properly worn out quality baseball gear is always a safe rule of thumb in little league drafting imo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:04 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
So my wife had her migraines go to another level and went to the doctor today for the first time. Doctor gave her a prescription for 30 Vicodin pills. 30? No wonder people get addicted to these things.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:10 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
DAC wrote:
So my wife had her migraines go to another level and went to the doctor today for the first time. Doctor gave her a prescription for 30 Vicodin pills. 30? No wonder people get addicted to these things.

I can’t speak for your wife’s migraines but Vicodin was not a cure for my GF’s. There is a non narcotic called Immatrex (sp?) that was a miracle though.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Gourmet Pizza by Carlo
Basically one year later and I think my dog might have torn her other ACL. Gonna take her to the vet tomorrow to get it checked out. Sucks as it's expensive and the recovery is sorta brutal.

(Yes there are many worse things in life, so posting her in the original spirit of "Complain about something no one cares about".

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:16 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Sneakers O'Toole wrote:
Basically one year later and I think my dog might have torn her other ACL. Gonna take her to the vet tomorrow to get it checked out. Sucks as it's expensive and the recovery is sorta brutal.

(Yes there are many worse things in life, so posting her in the original spirit of "Complain about something no one cares about".

Chipmunk-gopher holes on property?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
You got a Great Dane or something?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:23 pm 

312player wrote:
Sneakers O'Toole wrote:

Chipmunk-gopher holes on property?

No, I don't think it's that's the cause, she's had shitty knees since she was a puppy, so I think this was sort of inevitable. My wife is great with all supplements and that sort of stuff, but last year even her good knee was diagnosed as basically "as bad as it can be without tearing". She's still pretty young, so she runs around like a fool, and I think it's finally caught up to her.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:26 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:

Pittie mix.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:46 pm 

Had a dog blow both knees. Just running full bore. Some breeds are prone to it. The recovery was a royal pain in the ass.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:20 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Had a dog blow both knees. Just running full bore. Some breeds are prone to it. The recovery was a royal pain in the ass.

Did your dog have the TPLO surgery? Total pain in ass, I can't imagine having both at the same time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:20 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:

Did your dog have the TPLO surgery? Total pain in ass, I can't imagine having both at the same time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:28 pm 

Luckily wasn’t at same time, about two years apart. I believe it was tplo but it’s been a few years now.

At the same we had a dog shatter her ankle and we had to put a titanium plate in it. Living room looked like a doggy triage for months.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:37 pm 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Luckily wasn’t at same time, about two years apart. I believe it was tplo but it’s been a few years now.

At the same we had a dog shatter her ankle and we had to put a titanium plate in it. Living room looked like a doggy triage for months.

Ha, yeah ours was the same way. Laundry baskets on all furniture, gate blocking the stairs, memory foam bed* taking up most floor space...

*Classic Brands memory foam mattresses are ridiculously comfortable for the money.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:23 pm 

I misread this the first time. Didn’t realize it was a second for your dog too. Parenting was taking my attention apparently. When my dog did his first the vet warned me he’d more likely than not do the other.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:26 pm 

Sneakers O'Toole wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Pittie mix.

Pit bull mix?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:56 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
Sneakers O'Toole wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Pittie mix.

Pit bull mix?

Yep, got her at about 9 weeks old from CACC. Gratuitous pic to follow -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
D'awwwww

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:53 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Sneakers O'Toole wrote:

Hope she didn't tear it but sounds like you know just what to expect. My dog turns 5 next month and has been very healthy but having had them in the past, boxers can tend to start "breaking down" the second half of life.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:05 am 

My parents had tickets to the Masters and my dad really had his hopes set on getting out there one more time but it appears that
he won't be able to physically handle the terrain so they gave their tickets to my cousin and husband. I know he really wanted to
go and sit behind #7 green one more time. Feel bad for him.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:37 am 

T-Bone wrote:
My parents had tickets to the Masters and my dad really had his hopes set on getting out there one more time but it appears that
he won't be able to physically handle the terrain so they gave their tickets to my cousin and husband. I know he really wanted to

Sorry to hear about that for your dad.

Working in the Atl airport in the late 80's the sheer crush of fans looking for the full experience always reminded me of fall football Saturdays. But it was hilarious to watch them come back in rental cars on Sunday/Monday, and see some of the crap they'd leave in them :shock: :drunken:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:41 am 

Liberal burrito politicians in Illinois. Hate them. I want to put them in a ship and send it to the sun. /rant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:43 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Sorry to hear about that for your dad.

Working in the Atl airport in the late 80's the sheer crush of fans looking for the full experience always reminded me of fall football Saturdays. But it was hilarious to watch them come back in rental cars on Sunday/Monday, and see some of the crap they'd leave in them :shock: :drunken:

:lol: I have no doubts you found some interesting stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:43 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Liberal burrito politicians in Illinois. Hate them. I want to put them in a ship and send it to the sun. /rant

Not enough Jeannie Ives talk on the board for you?!?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:44 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Not enough Jeannie Ives talk on the board for you?!?

She's awful too. I'm a Bruce guy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:49 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
T-Bone wrote:

That's too bad.

My ex-girlfriend's mom grew up on a golf course in Wisconsin that her parents owned. She's a great golfer and probably would have been a top pro if she hadn't decided to get married and have a kid instead. She's made 7 or 8 holes in one.

Anyway, she went to The Masters and said it was the greatest day of her life. My girlfriend asked, "Not the day I was born or at least the day you and Dad got married?" Her mother said, "No, the day I went to Augusta."

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 187  Next