It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 187  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:04 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Some idiot insured just called up because, apparently, his old man died recently and got this gem of a quote from him:

We were wondering if he had any life policies that we weren't aware of that we can collect on.

He said it in quite the jaunty little tone, too.

Now, despite my bored persona, I can hear and see pretty much anything and not betray the slightest reaction, but that sentence - even if there wasn't anything nefarious about it and it was just a case of it being stated in a terribly indelicate manner - got a clear and reflexive Jiggetts-like "hmmmmmmmm" out of me. At least I stopped it there and didn't continue on with a 'coat drive' or 'spinnin' buckets' coda.

For those wondering, no, there was nothing they ('they', btw, seemed like a convenient pronoun replacement for 'I' imo) could collect on.

What a ghoulish moondick asswipe.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Don Tiny wrote:
Some idiot insured just called up because, apparently, his old man died recently and got this gem of a quote from him:

We were wondering if he had any life policies that we weren't aware of that we can collect on.

Now, despite my bored persona, I can hear and see pretty much anything and not betray the slightest reaction, but that sentence - even if there wasn't anything nefarious about it and it was just a case of it being stated in a terribly indelicate manner - got a clear and reflexive Jiggetts-like "hmmmmmmmm" out of me. At least I stopped it there and didn't continue on with a 'coat drive' or 'spinnin' buckets' coda.

For those wondering, no, there was nothing they ('they', btw, seemed like a convenient pronoun replacement for 'I' imo) could collect on.

Lol you never know how the relationship is between the family members was before the death. Im almost certain I would say the exact same thing to someone after my parents died because of my incredible relationship with both of them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Chris_in_joliet wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

Lol you never know how the relationship is between the family members was before the death. Im almost certain I would say the exact same thing to someone after my parents died because of my incredible relationship with both of them.

I witnessed a conversation like this once and in the end, though not through the insurance agent I was having a conversation with, the old man had a few policies his boys didnt know about . It wasn't that they weren't close but the Dad was a bit.. secretive when it came to finances, especially once his boys got married. Didn't trust the wives apparently.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:31 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Tax returns loose their luster when you owe. I know I know, should never happen and generally it doesn't for us. But we had a situation in the middle of last year where we had to dip into an IRA :( Between a sick pet last weekend and this news, it has been a damn expensive stretch of days.

Money Isn't Everything.
Yeah, Right.
Thanks to some above and beyond help from our tax lady and my wife spending ~4 hours on the phone, we were able to track down to the penny where our IRA money came from. Now we are getting a decent refund from the Feds, and a little bit from the State! 8)

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
went to my usual burger place for lunch and they gave me the wrong order. Which, if it were any one of their ~15 burgers, i'd have pretty much been ok with it as they're all good. But what i got was some kind of lo-carb lettuce wrapped burger. So I got a single burger patty, a slice of tomato and like half a head of iceberg lettuce. Who the fuck orders something like that ??

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Bagels wrote:
went to my usual burger place for lunch and they gave me the wrong order. Which, if it were any one of their ~15 burgers, i'd have pretty much been ok with it as they're all good. But what i got was some kind of lo-carb lettuce wrapped burger. So I got a single burger patty, a slice of tomato and like half a head of iceberg lettuce. Who the fuck orders something like that ??

Commies

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Bagels wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Did not get Tool tickets this morning. :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:26 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Bagels wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That looks like someone who posts here.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
doug - evergreen park wrote:
Did not get Tool tickets this morning. :evil:

That stinks. I was trying to figure out when it was when I saw them at the Aragon and I am pretty sure it was late 1996 or early 1997. Time flies.....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Douchebag wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Bagels wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That looks like someone who posts here.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Bagels wrote:

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
I came home tonight to the declaration by my wife that we would be dog sitting for a week. In fact, the owner (my wife's suburban wine-o friend) was at my house when I got home. I was never told this previously.

Not only that... my wife was on her way out to meet a different friend for dinner! So I was here with me, my 2 yr old daughter, my perfectly behaved 70 lb dog, and this bitch ass 20 lb cocker spaniel who needs some manners.

We are a few hours in, and he's learning his role. It took my dog kicking his ass a couple times and me limiting his space, but we're getting there. It took a good 15 minutes to get the little fuck to sit until I released him to eat. These people should pay me Milan money to train their fuckin dog while they're on vacation.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:36 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Thats not cool. It sounds like you need to train your wife more than the dog(s).

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
How did you get stuck with the wrong threesome?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:50 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Thats not cool. It sounds like you need to train your wife more than the dog(s).

I've tried. She's untrainable.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:53 pm 

denisdman wrote:

I'm a middle-aged dad with a boring life and an addiction to Sun Chips?

I'd put more thought into it, but the orphan dog just threw up in the foyer.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:01 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
I'd tell her to go fuck herself. Why can't she board it?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
leashyourkids wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I'm a middle-aged dad with a boring life and an addiction to Sun Chips?

I'd put more thought into it, but the orphan dog just threw up in the foyer.

Sun Chips are the betaest of snacks. I can't stand them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
And get control of your house, man. God damn.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:13 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
leashyourkids wrote:
I came home tonight to the declaration by my wife that we would be dog sitting for a week. In fact, the owner (my wife's suburban wine-o friend) was at my house when I got home. I was never told this previously.

Not only that... my wife was on her way out to meet a different friend for dinner! So I was here with me, my 2 yr old daughter, my perfectly behaved 70 lb dog, and this bitch ass 20 lb cocker spaniel who needs some manners.

We are a few hours in, and he's learning his role. It took my dog kicking his ass a couple times and me limiting his space, but we're getting there. It took a good 15 minutes to get the little fuck to sit until I released him to eat. These people should pay me Milan money to train their fuckin dog while they're on vacation.

I hate cocker spaniels, notorious face biters of children, I'd watch that fuck like a hawk around your kids.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:14 pm 

redskingreg wrote:

This cocker spaniel would be humping your leg to show dominance if he was in your tent (I assume you're homeless). I've already got him laying in the corner and emerging on command.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:15 pm 

312player wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

I hate cocker spaniels, notorious face biters of children, I'd watch that fuck like a hawk around your kids.

You and I are kindred spirits, 312. You know I've already got this fuck locked down and waiting for commands.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:12 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
redskingreg wrote:

Leash has a weak pimp hand. Maybe I shouldn't have voted the way I did?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:26 am 

pizza_Place: Dino's
leashyourwife

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:14 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I'm in an Uber and the dope just got pulled over for running a red light. Feeling annoyed.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:43 am 

Galloping Ghost now charges $20 per person for entry; and if you've got kids, you'd better sack up because they charge that rate for each one. Gouging Ghost. Sad!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:54 am 

pittmike wrote:
redskingreg wrote:

Leash has a weak pimp hand. Maybe I shouldn't have voted the way I did?

Ehh... She lets a lot of shit go that other wives would bitch about. Hard to fault her for this one.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:38 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Furious Styles wrote:
leashyourwife

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
W_Z wrote:
Galloping Ghost now charges $20 per person for entry; and if you've got kids, you'd better sack up because they charge that rate for each one. Gouging Ghost. Sad!

No one ever stops by when they're in my hometown. They added a bunch of cabinets, $20 still isn't bad, not like there's any competition for them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 187  Next