It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 187  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:33 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Is that the shorter than expected George Foreman?

You're losing me.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 1:00 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Is that the shorter than expected George Foreman?

You're losing me.

What, no love for big George Montgomery?

Sad!

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 1:02 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I did like George Montgomery.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 1:25 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I did like George Montgomery.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:54 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
i had some work done on my car yesterday and the guy moved the rear view mirror...i've adjusted it like 100 times and i can't get it just right.....so annoying

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:09 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Going to have to put the old yellow lab down Saturday or Monday. 12 plus years old. Was only mine the last few but hell of a good dog.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:12 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
pittmike wrote:
Going to have to put the old yellow lab down Saturday or Monday. 12 plus years old. Was only mine the last few but hell of a good dog.

I am sorry, Mike.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:18 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Sorry to hear, Mike :(

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:41 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
pittmike wrote:

I am a huge dog lover. I've had to put two down since we got married, and neither made it past 6. We had a scare with my current 6 year old weimaraner last year, but she pulled through. And my other weimanarer puppy is great. The best way to cure losing a dog is to get a new one.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:43 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
denisdman wrote:
The best way to cure losing a dog is to get a new one.

my 2 are nearing the end and after they're gone i doubt i'll get another one

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:43 am 

denisdman wrote:
pittmike wrote:

I am a huge dog lover. I've had to put two down since we got married, and neither made it past 6. We had a scare with my current 6 year old weimaraner last year, but she pulled through. And my other weimanarer puppy is great. The best way to cure losing a dog is to get a new one.

We have three now and will be two so that can ease it some.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:00 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
pittmike wrote:

Woof, that's ruff to hear. Dogs are the best.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:01 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
denisdman wrote:
pittmike wrote:

How the heck do you manage with 2 weimaraners? Those guys are maniacs. My fiance's family has one and he's nonstop

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:54 pm 

Birds are building a nest in my newspaper slot which I don't need for anything anyways. They were dive bombing me as I put a box in there. I believe they started today so I think I got it before anything eggs could go in.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:00 pm 

Kirkwood wrote:
denisdman wrote:
pittmike wrote:

How the heck do you manage with 2 weimaraners? Those guys are maniacs. My fiance's family has one and he's nonstop

They are crazy. But as you know, I am hyper, so they match my personality. They calm down quite a bit after age 4. They are my favorite dog bar none.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
pittmike wrote:

Sorry Mike. Always tough. I lost one a month or so ago and have another that we are going to have to make a call on sooner or later. And then there is the 14 year old dog that we were told had a couple months left in her. 4 years. We have too many dogs as our home has become the Island of misfit dogs but that's okay. House would be empty without them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Birds are building a nest in my newspaper slot which I don't need for anything anyways. They were dive bombing me as I put a box in there. I believe they started today so I think I got it before anything eggs could go in.

Move.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:07 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Our in home daycare person has decided to stop providing in home daycare.

I've just seen my daycare costs increase by about 400%.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
I've brought down the ire of some crazy activist. Had a friend share this tweet with me this morning:

"So I joined a neighborhood watch fb group in my neighborhood for the primary purpose of watching out for George Zimmermans... and voilà"

I thought I was responding to my friend when I said, if it's the south loop, maybe he's referring to hipsters. Next thing I know I'm being called racist for laughing at black teenagers who get shot and people who get deported, not to mention this quote: "The most effective thing we could hope for is well-intentioned white people fighting the white supremacists rather than laughing".

Can't fucking have fun anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:50 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
It would appear that one of my fears is going to come true next week. My 19 yr old step daughter will be moving back home for an
undetermined amount of time and living in my basement. She is really good at creating drama and I am usually a mild mannered,
low-key person so I have a feeling that this is going to be an uncomfortable situation for me. When my wife and I got married we
didn't move in together 6 weeks later until her daughter moved away and went to school because she knew it would be a very uncomfortable
situation. I have pretty much no relationship with her so I can try to look at this as a positive and maybe try to forge something or I
can get frustrated by it and let her stress me out. I prefer to try the former if I can. This will be the biggest test of my patience in my
life.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:51 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
move

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:56 am 

It's become a big discussion point among couples with older children and when is the right time for them to leave the nest. We have many folks in our circle of friends that are allowing older children to live at home and/or are supporting them even in very minor ways- doing the "kids'" laundry, cooking them meals, paying cell phones bills, paying for car repairs, etc. Now 19 is still young, and most of our discussions revolve around 25-35 years olds. We even have one guy down the street with an over 40 "kid" living at home. Another has all four kids still living at home with the oldest nearing 30. I guess adult children love Pulte homes.

In any case best of luck with that. My mother got remarried when I was younger, and it took a long time to adjust to a step father and step brothers. Now they are no different than my biological equivalents.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:57 am 

T-Bone wrote:
It would appear that one of my fears is going to come true next week. My 19 yr old step daughter will be moving back home for an
undetermined amount of time and living in my basement. She is really good at creating drama and I am usually a mild mannered,
low-key person so I have a feeling that this is going to be an uncomfortable situation for me. When my wife and I got married we
didn't move in together 6 weeks later until her daughter moved away and went to school because she knew it would be a very uncomfortable
situation. I have pretty much no relationship with her so I can try to look at this as a positive and maybe try to forge something or I
can get frustrated by it and let her stress me out. I prefer to try the former if I can. This will be the biggest test of my patience in my
life.
Charge her rent from the beginning. Put it in a separate account for when she wants to move out(or keep it and spend it on beer) and then give it back to help with expenses/down payment. This gives her incentive to not want to live there forever and it also helps her learn about the real world. You can tell her your plan if you think it would work better if she knew.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:59 am 

Rick is correct in that rent is a necessary thing. It does not matter if it is only $50/month. It will help build her up even if she does not know it and hopefully help to avoid the I am at moms so I can blow my money out every night.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:40 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
life.
Charge her rent from the beginning. Put it in a separate account for when she wants to move out(or keep it and spend it on beer) and then give it back to help with expenses/down payment. This gives her incentive to not want to live there forever and it also helps her learn about the real world. You can tell her your plan if you think it would work better if she knew.

Interesting idea. She claims she is only going to be staying with us for 6 weeks but my wife and I find that hard to believe. Part of the reason she
is moving home is to get her back on her feet again and put some money in the bank. If she starts enjoying the free rent and free food a little too
much I think your idea is a valid one.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:44 am 

denisdman wrote:
It's become a big discussion point among couples with older children and when is the right time for them to leave the nest. We have many folks in our circle of friends that are allowing older children to live at home and/or are supporting them even in very minor ways- doing the "kids'" laundry, cooking them meals, paying cell phones bills, paying for car repairs, etc. Now 19 is still young, and most of our discussions revolve around 25-35 years olds. We even have one guy down the street with an over 40 "kid" living at home. Another has all four kids still living at home with the oldest nearing 30. I guess adult children love Pulte homes.

In any case best of luck with that. My mother got remarried when I was younger, and it took a long time to adjust to a step father and step brothers. Now they are no different than my biological equivalents.

I think as long as the "kid" is in school, living at home (during summer and breaks from school) is acceptable. I would think after graduating college, they should be out on their own quickly. I was gone 4-6 weeks after graduating college, and I would have done it even sooner if it was possible.

Last edited by Douchebag on Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Douchebag wrote:
I think as long as the "kid" is in school, living at home (during summer and breaks from school) is acceptable. I would think after graduating college, they should be out on our own quickly. I was gone 4-6 weeks after graduating college, and I would have done it even sooner if it was possible.

Assuming they find a job shortly after, I would agree. Once you get the taste of freedom that living alone (more likely with roommates, but not with your parents), it is hard to go back to that environment long term. I could buy someone wanting to stay at home for a few months to build up a little emergency fund, but it shouldn't be extending into the 6+ month territory.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:50 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Douchebag wrote:
I think as long as the "kid" is in school, living at home (during summer and breaks from school) is acceptable. I would think after graduating college, they should be out on our own quickly. I was GONE 4-6 weeks after graduating college, and I would have done it even sooner if it was possible.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:57 am 

T-Bone wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
T-Bone wrote:
life.

Interesting idea. She claims she is only going to be staying with us for 6 weeks but my wife and I find that hard to believe. Part of the reason she
is moving home is to get her back on her feet again and put some money in the bank. If she starts enjoying the free rent and free food a little too
much I think your idea is a valid one.
Do it from the start. Trust me. It's a lot harder after the fact. Be up front she gets the money when she moves out in that case.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
we had kids early on in our marriage for the sheer idea that they'd be colleging it up while we were still in our 40's. initially with just 2 that plan would of taken place at 44. now with my #3 we are lookign at 48. We were the youngest out of all our friends to make the babies.

However, i know there is the chance that they'll be sticking around. The house we are looking at buying (a family affair) will actually have an appt attached to it so i know this will be a temptation for my kiddos.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 187  Next