It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Got off the train this morning and walked along the river from Ogilvie. The construction narrowed the walkway, so when the flood of people came out of Union Station at Adams, I figured I'd be nice and try to stay to the right as much as I could. Some big dude decided to try and get around the mob and walked right into me. For a moment, I thought about running up behind him, picking him up and throwing him in the river, but I'm fat and hungry so I kept walking to get my donut and coffee. People are fucking morons.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:55 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Got off the train this morning and walked along the river from Ogilvie. The construction narrowed the walkway, so when the flood of people came out of Union Station at Adams, I figured I'd be nice and try to stay to the right as much as I could. Some big dude decided to try and get around the mob and walked right into me. For a moment, I thought about running up behind him, picking him up and throwing him in the river, but I'm fat and hungry so I kept walking to get my donut and coffee. People are fucking morons.

Are you really my BIL from Crystal Lake?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:56 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's

Downtown is finally back!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:54 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Downtown is finally back!

No....

Office occupancy has flatlined at about 55% of pre-pandemic levels. A comparison of downtowns in the U.S. in 2019 and 2023, conducted by the University of Toronto School of Cities, found that downtown Chicago has had one of the worst recoveries in the nation.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:18 am 

Furnace had issues this past week and replaced a control board. Coldest morning of the year here at -1 degrees and we wake up to the furnace blowing only cold air and it is 53 degrees in house. Got a message into our local darkside, they are hopefully going to have someone here soon. It is always something.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:27 am 

RFDC wrote:
Furnace had issues this past week and replaced a control board. Coldest morning of the year here at -1 degrees and we wake up to the furnace blowing only cold air and it is 53 degrees in house. Got a message into our local darkside, they are hopefully going to have someone here soon. It is always something.

Had this happen last year. Thank god for my Darkside BIL. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:31 am 

pittmike wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Had this happen last year. Thank god for my Darkside BIL. :lol:

My brotherlaw would end up destroying our house if he attempted to work at anything.

God bless the real darksides having to get out in this awful cold to do stuff.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
My wife and I have made the difficult choice to put my dog to sleep at home later this evening. Never an easy decision as MANY here know. 2023 was one of the toughest years in my life and this is a bitter pill to swallow early in 2024 with very little to look forward to. Will be odd to not have my buddy there after almost 11 years.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
T-Bone wrote:
My wife and I have made the difficult choice to put my dog to sleep at home later this evening. Never an easy decision as MANY here know. 2023 was one of the toughest years in my life and this is a bitter pill to swallow early in 2024 with very little to look forward to. Will be odd to not have my buddy there after almost 11 years.

Sorry to heat TBone. just remember, though that your dog and your wife would also make difficult decision to pull the plug on you if they had a chance.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:46 am 

T-Bone wrote:

R.I.P. Hank :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:52 am 

very sorry Tbone, that sucks

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:09 am 

:(

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:11 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Condolences, T-Bone. It's very hard to part with beloved family pets.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:21 am 

T-Bone wrote:

here's hoping '24 is a good number to live in.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:38 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
badrogue17 wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Sorry to heat TBone. just remember, though that your dog and your wife would also make difficult decision to pull the plug on you if they had a chance.

:lol: No doubt!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
For any of you who like old style beer, start buying up cases with march dates or earlier. They just switched production from the miller facilities to the lacrosse(i think?) facilities. The result is a completely different, worse beer. Hopefully it a minor hiccup in the transition.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
TriColoredPastas wrote:
For any of you who like old style beer, start buying up cases with march dates or earlier. They just switched production from the miller facilities to the lacrosse(i think?) facilities. The result is a completely different, worse beer. Hopefully it a minor hiccup in the transition.

Worse? Not possible.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:38 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:

Worse? Not possible.

There are many, MANY worse beers than old style. I'm willing to bet you're some IPA douche.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:33 pm 

TriColoredPastas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:

Worse? Not possible.

There are many, MANY worse beers than old style. I'm willing to bet you're some IPA douche.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:39 pm 

TriColoredPastas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:

Worse? Not possible.

I’m actually a fan of bad beers. But Old Style is beyond bad. I’m sorry for your loss.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Baraccos
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:

Worse? Not possible.

I’m actually a fan of bad beers. But Old Style is beyond bad. I’m sorry for your loss.

Ph@g vibe.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:37 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:

Worse? Not possible.

Old style is a cheap beer that doesn't pretend to be anything other than what it is, a cheap beer. It tastes good and it is cheaper than any of its competitors. I don't think you know anything about cheap beer. I think you are one of a billion sanctimonious beer nerds that shit on something that doesn't cost 21.99 a 4 pack. What's in your fridge right now?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:47 pm 

Fresh beer is usually more important than what kind it is.

Last edited by IkeSouth on Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Worst beer? Keystone, bottled beer piss in a can.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:55 pm 

TriColoredPastas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:

Worse? Not possible.

Old style is a cheap beer that doesn't pretend to be anything other than what it is, a cheap beer. It tastes good and it is cheaper than any of its competitors. I don't think you know anything about cheap beer. I think you are one of a billion sanctimonious beer nerds that shit on something that doesn't cost 21.99 a 4 pack. What's in your fridge right now?

Beer nerd. Yep, you nailed it. I consumed 2 brands of beer this weekend - Miller Lite on Saturday and PBR today. I do enjoy a good microbrew as well, but IPA is not anywhere near the top of my list. My fridge currently has remnants of a New Glarus variety pack that we offered guests at Christmas and a couple of bottles of Medalla Light. FWIW, most of my bad beer consumption occurs during the summer.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:58 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Tri Colored on the muscle.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Nardi wrote:

Yeah unexpected especially going after my guy Zippy. So much WI hate.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:01 pm 

:lol: gotta love a bad beer argument.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:02 pm 

Nardi wrote:

Old Style connoisseurs tend to have short fuses. It’s a side-effect of krausening.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:07 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:

Worse? Not possible.

Beer nerd. Yep, you nailed it. I consumed 2 brands of beer this weekend - Miller Lite on Saturday and PBR today. I do enjoy a good microbrew as well, but IPA is not anywhere near the top of my list. My fridge currently has remnants of a New Glarus variety pack that we offered guests at Christmas and a couple of bottles of Medalla Light. FWIW, most of my bad beer consumption occurs during the summer.

I'm not sure how you can shit on old style and willingly drink miller lite. Enjoy that PBR now (as i do) because that is also getting the lacrosse treatment soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187  Next