It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 187  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Nas wrote:
Parked my car in an empty parking lot in Beverly and came out 5 mins later and it had been towed all the way out to Harvey. After spending $20 on a Lyft and $218.50 for the tow I am really thinking about flattening the tires of the store owner.

Towing companies are the shadiest fuckers alive.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
leashyourkids wrote:
Nas wrote:
Parked my car in an empty parking lot in Beverly and came out 5 mins later and it had been towed all the way out to Harvey. After spending $20 on a Lyft and $218.50 for the tow I am really thinking about flattening the tires of the store owner.

There was only 1 car in a 20 car lot and I assume that was the owners car. It's like someone was watching me and saw that I went to the store next door and towed my car. I could understand if the store was busy. They have to be getting a cut.

When I got out to SMJ Towing there is this old man with a disability that makes me stand outside for about 30 mins while he writes me a receipt. I considered taking my anger out on him after he told me to have a nice day.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Nas wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Nas wrote:

There was only 1 car in a 20 car lot and I assume that was the owners car. It's like someone was watching me and saw that I went to the store next door and towed my car. I could understand if the store was busy. They have to be getting a cut.

When I got out to SMJ Towing there is this old man with a disability that makes me stand outside for about 30 mins while he writes me a receipt. I considered taking my anger out on him after he told me to have a nice day.

This happened to me at a gym in Chicago where the policy of the lot had "changed" basically overnight and at a strip mall in Champaign where I went into a shop then to a place to eat across the street. Towing a car like this is theft, and about the most infuriating thing that can happen to someone.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
what was the store / where was this ?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

Bagels wrote:

My receipt says the store's name was Mimi's. I think it's an Asian beauty shop on the 2100 block of west 95th street.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Nas wrote:
Bagels wrote:

My receipt says the store's name was Mimi's. I think it's an Asian beauty shop on the 2100 block of west 95th street.

Maybe Cheryl Fong can get you off.

I hear she's a shark.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:33 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
:lol: She never lose a case!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Last edited by Frank Coztansa on Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:24 pm 

Nas wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Nas wrote:

Thankfully, he didn't tell you to have a Blessed Day.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:28 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Nas wrote:

Thankfully, he didn't tell you to have a Blessed Day.

I'm pretty sure he was being an asshole and his age or disability almost didn't matter.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:31 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Did you tip your Lyft driver?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:00 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Nas wrote:

There is a reason we have laws sir. Just because you do not want to follow them does not mean they are not to be enforced.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:55 am 
100000 CLUB

Says the guy who admitted to selling stolen hockey jerseys....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Says the guy who admitted to selling stolen hockey jerseys....

Hey Frank,
Next time you are in a financial bind and need to hit up your IRA/401k a better solution than taking out is to borrow from it. You do not get the penalty,the interest except for about 1% is paid to yourself. It is a better and more cost effective way of using that fund if you need to use it while working still.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:06 am 

Shadier than tow truck driving: There is a strip mall next to the Dairy Queen on Lake in Wilmette. It is pretty much all 9-5 type businesses that lease on site. The Dairy Queen parking lot gets crowded at night so people park in the unused parking lot of the strip mall. The mall employed some company that has some little weasel hid in the bushes waiting for you to park and go into DQ. Rather than tell you not to park there, the person puts some quick boot contraption on your car then waits with his phone for you to get back from your five minute trip to collect the three figure fine to remove the boot.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:15 am 

pizza_Place: John's
I'm sure the north shore elitists of Wilmette can afford it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:32 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
I'm sure the north shore elitists of Wilmette can afford it.

elitists don't eat Dairy Queen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:48 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
good dolphin wrote:
Shadier than tow truck driving: There is a strip mall next to the Dairy Queen on Lake in Wilmette. It is pretty much all 9-5 type businesses that lease on site. The Dairy Queen parking lot gets crowded at night so people park in the unused parking lot of the strip mall. The mall employed some company that has some little weasel hid in the bushes waiting for you to park and go into DQ. Rather than tell you not to park there, the person puts some quick boot contraption on your car then waits with his phone for you to get back from your five minute trip to collect the three figure fine to remove the boot.

I built a sound system for a Jamaican guy, Craig, who was a good customer of mine. His credit was good with me. He lived far south and my shop was in Skokie. One day he called me up and he said he had the balance of my money and we tried to figure out a place to meet in between. I was going out to dinner that night near Boystown so I suggested we meet at the Dunkin Donuts on Belmont & Clark. I got there early and grabbed a parking space in the small parking lot. I went in and ordered a milkshake so no one would hassle me about parking there. It was a warm summer night and I sat outside drinking my shake and waiting for Craig to show up. There was some douchebag- one of these guys who always wanted to be a cop but wasn't even good enough for that- patrolling the parking lot. He had a couple of boots over in the corner.

Eventually Craig shows up. He's in a beater car with three other black guys. They pulled in the lot and we exchanged niceties, talked for a few minutes. Then Craig pulled out my cash and handed it to me. Suddenly the pseudo-cop comes running over like a complete fucking lunatic screaming about us doing a drug deal in "his" parking lot. I was just like, "Hey, fuck you, pal. I'm a customer drinking my milkshake and these are my friends. Mind your fucking business." He kept ranting and I was going to force the issue and make the guy call real cops, but then Craig told me he was just going to leave and let's not make a big deal about it. I realized they probably had weed in the car. And the black guys were probably going to be the ones who got beefed on. I had to check my privilege.

After the Jamaicans left I got in my car and started pulling out. The guy was glowering at me. I threw what was left of my milkshake at him. I missed but it made a mess in the middle of the lot. I hope he had to clean it up.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:51 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I built a sound system for a Jamaican guy, Craig, who was a good customer of mine. His credit was good with me. He lived far south and my shop was in Skokie. One day he called me up and he said he had the balance of my money and we tried to figure out a place to meet in between. I was going out to dinner that night near Boystown so I suggested we meet at the Dunkin Donuts on Belmont & Clark. I got there early and grabbed a parking space in the small parking lot. I went in and ordered a milkshake so no one would hassle me about parking there. It was a warm summer night and I sat outside drinking my shake and waiting for Craig to show up. There was some douchebag- one of these guys who always wanted to be a cop but wasn't even good enough for that- patrolling the parking lot. He had a couple of boots over in the corner.

Eventually Craig shows up. He's in a beater car with three other black guys. They pulled in the lot and we exchanged niceties, talked for a few minutes. Then Craig pulled out my cash and handed it to me. Suddenly the pseudo-cop comes running over like a complete fucking lunatic screaming about us doing a drug deal in "his" parking lot. I was just like, "Hey, fuck you, pal. I'm a customer drinking my milkshake and these are my friends. Mind your fucking business." He kept ranting and I was going to force the issue and make the guy call real cops, but then Craig told me he was just going to leave and let's not make a big deal about it. I realized they probably had weed in the car. And the black guys were probably going to be the ones who got beefed on. I had to check my privilege.

After the Jamaicans left I got in my car and started pulling out. The guy was glowering at me. I threw what was left of my milkshake at him. I missed but it made a mess in the middle of the lot. I hope he had to clean it up.

I used to pick up the garbage there.

I had to clean it up.

Asshole.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Seacrest wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I used to pick up the garbage there.

I had to clean it up.

Asshole.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Seacrest spent a lot of time in Boystown?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
i'm going to complain about our local newstalk morning show. its a quad cities variety of 720's morning show. however i recently began leaving for work a smidge earlier and discovered that they still do "answer today's trivia question and win tickets to whatever"

i'm like, this is ridiculous. surely this type of thing had gone by the wayside due to the internet. they ask a question then they begin to take callers. plenty of time to google it. how ridiculous. i'm like they are going to grab the first caller, they are going to get it right and we are done.

so they ask the question and begin to take callers. caller after caller are getting it wrong. WRONG. finally its like the 6th caller who gets it right.

i'm not sure what i'm complaining about.....carry on.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:21 pm 

Made it out of Chicago this morning...to go to Springfield, Mass for work. By the time I landed, my flight home tomorrow night got cancelled. Now flying home Wednesday night. At least I can get some cool Whalers swag at the Hartford airport.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:29 am 

My kid got drafted in little league by the guy who wears the Make America Great Again hat to games

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:34 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
My kid got drafted in little league by the guy who wears the Make America Great Again hat to games

I didnt know bigfan still coached TBALL?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:00 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I didnt know bigfan still coached TBALL?

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:07 am 
100000 CLUB

I had a 4 hour drive because Chicago didn't care about plowing the streets or express ways. I left an hour early and was still late.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Made it out of Chicago this morning...to go to Springfield, Mass for work. By the time I landed, my flight home tomorrow night got cancelled. Now flying home Wednesday night. At least I can get some cool Whalers swag at the Hartford airport.

Is there anyway you are getting out of there tomorrow? You might have better luck playing pick up sticks with your butt cheeks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:56 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

Is there anyway you are getting out of there tomorrow? You might have better luck playing pick up sticks with your butt cheeks.

Should get out tomorrow. My flight isn't until about 6.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 187  Next