It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 183, 184, 185, 186, 187  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Death, taxes, and old style. One of these things has been taken away from me and I am displeased.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
TriColoredPastas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:

There are many, MANY worse beers than old style. I'm willing to bet you're some IPA douche.

I’m actually a fan of bad beers. But Old Style is beyond bad. I’m sorry for your loss.

Old style is a cheap beer that doesn't pretend to be anything other than what it is, a cheap beer. It tastes good and it is cheaper than any of its competitors. I don't think you know anything about cheap beer. I think you are one of a billion sanctimonious beer nerds that shit on something that doesn't cost 21.99 a 4 pack. What's in your fridge right now?

Beer nerd. Yep, you nailed it. I consumed 2 brands of beer this weekend - Miller Lite on Saturday and PBR today. I do enjoy a good microbrew as well, but IPA is not anywhere near the top of my list. My fridge currently has remnants of a New Glarus variety pack that we offered guests at Christmas and a couple of bottles of Medalla Light. FWIW, most of my bad beer consumption occurs during the summer.

I'm not sure how you can shit on old style and willingly drink miller lite. Enjoy that PBR now (as i do) because that is also getting the lacrosse treatment soon.
The Lite was in the form of a pitcher @Aurelios and you just go with the flow in that situation. I would have done the same if it were a pitcher of Old Style. I am surprised that you have an issue with Old Style being brewed again in Lacrosse like it was when it was the most popular beer in Chicago. Seems like you would be in favor of that.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
I know the flavor changed when they moved out of lacrosse. Many old men told me this. That was before it became my garage beer of choice. I don't know if what they are producing now resembles what it used to be then, but if it does, I don't know what those old idiots were mourning. The new shit sucks.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Lite FTW.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Bennys
TriColoredPastas wrote:
I know the flavor changed when they moved out of lacrosse. Many old men told me this. That was before it became my garage beer of choice. I don't know if what they are producing now resembles what it used to be then, but if it does, I don't know what those old idiots were mourning. The new shit sucks.

It wasn’t all that bad before they moved out of LaCrosse. It became much sweeter when they made it out of Milwaukee. I’d be fine with it if they just found a way to make it less sweet. Lacrosse Lager which I believe is still sold but hard to find tasted pretty similar to the original Old Style. I look forward to possibly switching back if it’s anything close to what it used to be.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:12 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Regarding PBR, it was previously my go-to bad beer. But in recent years it has gotten really bad. Now I opt for Miller High Life.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:11 am 

My wife and I had an event on Saturday night. My boy had a CYO game and then asked if everyone could come over after. OK, fine. I'm prepared for the reality of letting mid teen boys in the house unattended. I came home after 1 so I didn't have time to review the battle scene. I went to the garbage the next morning to see a case for Busch Lite...Peach, in my garbage can.

I love my gay son

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:39 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:45 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
My wife and I had an event on Saturday night. My boy had a CYO game and then asked if everyone could come over after. OK, fine. I'm prepared for the reality of letting mid teen boys in the house unattended. I came home after 1 so I didn't have time to review the battle scene. I went to the garbage the next morning to see a case for Busch Lite...Peach, in my garbage can.

I love my gay son

Maybe the drinks were consumed by some CYO groupies.

Last edited by Tall Midget on Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:54 am 

Wanny would not be happy with you GD.

Mannnngoooooooooooo

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:25 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I love my gay son

Maybe the drinks were consumed by some CYO groupies.

My older boy did say there were girls over, which is a pretty uncommon experience in our house

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
The Man wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:

It wasn’t all that bad before they moved out of LaCrosse. It became much sweeter when they made it out of Milwaukee. I’d be fine with it if they just found a way to make it less sweet. Lacrosse Lager which I believe is still sold but hard to find tasted pretty similar to the original Old Style. I look forward to possibly switching back if it’s anything close to what it used to be.

Yeah, I thought Lacrosse Lager was billed as the original recipe Old Style. I’m guessing you can get it at Woodman’s but it’s probably not readily available south of the border.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I've never seen such rabid love for the PBR. :lol: I favor the 19.2 oz IPAs from my corner store for $2.69 each.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

T-Bone wrote:
I've never seen such rabid love for the PBR. :lol: I favor the 19.2 oz IPAs from my corner store for $2.69 each.

:lol:

What are they?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:52 pm 

Tropical Beer Hug from Goose Island is my current favorite

New Belgium offers a few I don't mind like Voodoo Ranger IPA, Imperial IPA, and Hazy Imperial IPA.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

Those sound like surprisingly good options for 19 oz @ $2.69 ea.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:49 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Those sound like surprisingly good options for 19 oz @ $2.69 ea.

They get the job done. :lol: :lol: All of them are between 7 and 9.9% ABV.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 1:07 pm 

My son is playing in a CYO league on saturdays and has had his teammates back to the house after games. He had them there this saturday while I was home. I got a call from the nosy neighbor lady today saying she didn't know if I knew about but there were a bunch of boys hanging out in and out of the house with a lot of cars parked in front over the weekend.

She just wanted tell us because she knows she would want someone to tell her if if was her boys.

One of her boys is sitting in prison awaiting trial for murder outside of COVID popup night club.

Thanks for the heads up, Karen.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:40 pm 

:( Eighth anniversary of the worst day of my life.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:32 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Hang in there Mike.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:02 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Hang in there Mike.

Ditto. Seacrest said exactly what I was thinking.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:
For any of you who like old style beer, start buying up cases with march dates or earlier. They just switched production from the miller facilities to the lacrosse(i think?) facilities. The result is a completely different, worse beer. Hopefully it a minor hiccup in the transition.

Worse? Not possible.

There are many, MANY worse beers than old style. I'm willing to bet you're some IPA douche.

I’m actually a fan of bad beers. But Old Style is beyond bad. I’m sorry for your loss.

100%

I too am a fan of bad beers especially Busch Lite and Keystone Light and I like douchey IPAs too but Old Style SUCKS.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:25 am 

I have a friend that I have known for 35 years, my longest friendship by far. Found out recently that he was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimers. I had noticed some slippage the past few years but hoped it was something else. Runs in his family and both his mother and brother have succumbed to it over the years, both at age 50. My friend is 48. The wife and I had breakfast with him and his family two weeks ago and we are going to try to get together to watch an NCAA basketball game next week, just try to spend as much time together as we can. :(

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:29 am 

T-Bone wrote:
I have a friend that I have known for 35 years, my longest friendship by far. Found out recently that he was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimers. I had noticed some slippage the past few years but hoped it was something else. Runs in his family and both his mother and brother have succumbed to it over the years, both at age 50. My friend is 48. The wife and I had breakfast with him and his family two weeks ago and we are going to try to get together to watch an NCAA basketball game next week, just try to spend as much time together as we can. :(

Do you know if he had been tested for early signs? This scares me with my sister in law as both of her parents died of it too. All the best T-bone

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:35 am 

T-Bone wrote:

Sounds terrible. I am sorry.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:44 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Do you know if he had been tested for early signs? This scares me with my sister in law as both of her parents died of it too. All the best T-bone

He didn't get tested as he didn't want to know. I am not sure I agree with his decision to do that, but can't be sure how I would feel if it was me going through it. He and his wife have an 8 year old boy and that adds to how difficult this will likely become.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
My fat-ass is in the mountains and I have allergies. Sucks. The good news is that the ladies here, aside from the Missus, are charmed by my accent.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Thomas-Sox-WorldSeries wrote:
My fat-ass is in the mountains and I have allergies. Sucks. The good news is that the ladies here, aside from the Missus, are charmed by my accent.

You’re accent, are you an inebriated rodent?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
denisdman wrote:

Naw, that's my main mult. I'm gonna start using it more.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:13 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
denisdman wrote:

Naw, that's my main mult. I'm gonna start using it more.

Being a farmer is easy. hell, Bill Gates does it and he puts his underwear on backwards

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 183, 184, 185, 186, 187  Next