It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 12:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:58 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
T-Bone wrote:
I'd say I come home twice a week on average hating my job and wondering why I am still working there. My wife hasn't worked in almost a year and is trying to set up her own business from home. My stepdaughter finally moved in with us permanently 2.5 weeks ago so she can address her mental health issues and is completely out of money. 2023 has been a pretty tough year. Sounds like some of you cretins are up against it as well. Wishing you all the best and a better 2024.

Sorry to hear about all of this, T-Bone. I know you have had challenging relationships with your wife's kids, so I'm sure it's difficult to have her move back in. Hopefully she will get the help she needs and be able to rebound.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:59 am 
1000 CLUB

Brick wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Darkside wrote:
I hate my job. Sometimes I think about swinging my truck into oncoming traffic to avoid it. A customer literally beefed while leading me up some stairs today. That was fun. My mom is experiencing dementia and I think I might be catching a cold.

Really? You provide a great service that most couldn't do and for sure couldn't live without.

Well, the job sucks hard core. I suppose it's the natural progression of a career.
1. New! Exciting!
2. Fuck, it's only Thursday? Oh well payday coming up!
3. Jesus christ is every day Monday?
4. Kill me.

"Life is suffering". That's what the religion with the most likely chance of being correct says.

It's also what regular readers of your posts say.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

Darkside wrote:
doug - evergreen park wrote:
He never parted a sea...that was Moses.

Also, my Dad is slowly dying from heart failure. And my sister had a double mastectomy a few weeks ago to eliminate her breast cancer risk to 0%.
I am seemingly avoiding labrum surgery with lots of shots and PT.

Everything else is great tho.

How are you?

I hate my job. Sometimes I think about swinging my truck into oncoming traffic to avoid it. A customer literally beefed while leading me up some stairs today. That was fun. My mom is experiencing dementia and I think I might be catching a cold.

You have obviously had a very difficult year. Can you take some time off from work to get away from the stuff that's wearing on you?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
At least you have played well on the golf course, TBone.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:05 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Brick wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Really? You provide a great service that most couldn't do and for sure couldn't live without.

Well, the job sucks hard core. I suppose it's the natural progression of a career.
1. New! Exciting!
4. Kill me.

"Life is suffering". That's what the religion with the most likely chance of being correct says.

:lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:05 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Brick wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Darkside wrote:

1. New! Exciting!
4. Kill me.

That wouldn't make me sad depending on who the poster is.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:15 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Brick wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Brick wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Darkside wrote:

1. New! Exciting!
4. Kill me.

That wouldn't make me sad depending on who the poster is.

I'm a little surprised you have emotions

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:16 pm 

I have empathy for all the categories of women and all the categories of men who post here and who don't post here.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:17 pm 

Brick is a man of the people!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
i guess you can't judge a book by its cover or the content within.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Frank Coztansa wrote:
... We're going to the Dominican to celebrate our tenth anniversary next month, so thats cool. ....

It's only money.

Where in the DR? I have been 3 times (once just a stop on a cruise) and I am a BIGFAN. Especially enjoyed Hard Rock in Punta Cana, where we stayed in February 2020. Although I do strongly suspect I came home from that trip with Covid which was just prior to to the March lockdown.

I do hope all of you are able to successfully navigate your troubles. :(

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Tall Midget wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Also, my Dad is slowly dying from heart failure. And my sister had a double mastectomy a few weeks ago to eliminate her breast cancer risk to 0%.

How are you?

You have obviously had a very difficult year. Can you take some time off from work to get away from the stuff that's wearing on you?

Maybe I should.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
a genius wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
... We're going to the Dominican to celebrate our tenth anniversary next month, so thats cool. ....

It's only money.

Where in the DR? I have been 3 times (once just a stop on a cruise) and I am a BIGFAN. Especially enjoyed Hard Rock in Punta Cana, where we stayed in February 2020. Although I do strongly suspect I came home from that trip with Covid which was just prior to to the March lockdown.

Dreams Onyx in Punta Cana. We did Puerto Plata 12 years ago, and loved it. Such a great, scenic country and the people we encountered were just awesome. Due to child and pet care we had to shorten the trip a bit, but that's only a minor issue. We're really looking forward to it.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:31 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
a genius wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

It's only money.

Dreams Onyx in Punta Cana. We did Puerto Plata 12 years ago, and loved it. Such a great, scenic country and the people we encountered were just awesome. Due to child and pet care we had to shorten the trip a bit, but that's only a minor issue. We're really looking forward to it.

This looks great; I hope you have a great time and will consider posting a review. Our upcoming winter trip is already booked but we are considering returning to the DR in the following winter.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:40 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Darkside wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Darkside wrote:

How are you?

Maybe I should.

I hope that you consider this. Ask for a leave if necessary.

I'm sure they'll be ecstatic when you are able to return.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:41 pm 

Tell them you have the Twisties.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Tell them you’re shitting Bricks but no matter how many times you feel like it’s out of your system, that icky feeling keeps coming back.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:29 am 

It sucks at times how life just seems to crap on certain people. Been hit with a couple really hard situations here in last couple days.

A friend of mine that I have know for the last 20 years. He lost his daughter last year in her 20s to cancer. Now his oldest son in his 30s was just in a tractor accident on their farm and is in ICU and things do not look good.

My future son in law lost a really good friend of his to suicide a couple years ago. He has been really withdrawn and hesitant to make many friends. He has slowly got to be pretty good friends with a co worker of his. That co worker was leaving his house last night after helping him with something at his house. Lost control of his truck and it flipped. Killed instantly.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:43 am 

This is terrible. I am so sorry :(

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
RFDC wrote:
It sucks at times how life just seems to crap on certain people. Been hit with a couple really hard situations here in last couple days.

A friend of mine that I have know for the last 20 years. He lost his daughter last year in her 20s to cancer. Now his oldest son in his 30s was just in a tractor accident on their farm and is in ICU and things do not look good.

My future son in law lost a really good friend of his to suicide a couple years ago. He has been really withdrawn and hesitant to make many friends. He has slowly got to be pretty good friends with a co worker of his. That co worker was leaving his house last night after helping him with something at his house. Lost control of his truck and it flipped. Killed instantly.

Damn. Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason. I know I have no answers.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:02 am 

That's terrible RFDC. Sorry to hear it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:09 am 
1000 CLUB

Geez, RFDC, that's terrible. I'm so sorry to hear about all of this.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Sorry to hear Ralph, those are some very awful situations.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Yikes! Sorry to hear Ralph.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Roseangela's
Same, Ralph Francis. Hang in there.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:26 pm 

All the best Missourah

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
It does seem to come in waves. Sorry to hear it hit your family.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
So back on November 15, I ordered my kids one of those gifts that pops up on hottest items of the season. I finally got a shipment notice on December 11, but it seems stuck somewhere in Cali. I leave tomorrow to come down to the area for Xmas. Knowing this gift was probably not going to make it, I Prime ordered a backup due to be here today. Just got notice my shipment is delayed until tomorrow.

Sorry kid$$$$$, dad tried. At least their other gifts came on time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:19 am 

denisdman wrote:
So back on November 15, I ordered my kids one of those gifts that pops up on hottest items of the season. I finally got a shipment notice on December 11, but it seems stuck somewhere in Cali. I leave tomorrow to come down to the area for Xmas. Knowing this gift was probably not going to make it, I Prime ordered a backup due to be here today. Just got notice my shipment is delayed until tomorrow.

Give them each a few shares of your (appreciated) META instead.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:44 am 
1000 CLUB

denisdman wrote:

Can't you just buy a factory or something and have the lumpenproletariat churn out a reasonable facsimile?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5624 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187, 188  Next