It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 183, 184, 185, 186, 187
PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Old man rant incoming...

Dealing with Gen Z a lot. I know every generation complains about the ones that follow it. I know its wrong to paint a generation with a broad brush.

But holy fuck these people have no drive or motivation and just bitch about EVERYTHING.

The latest fun thing I'm dealing with. I'm having trouble getting candidates from college because they find phone calls to be too difficult. I didn't know this was a thing? Phone calls are too scary.

Then I decided to ask my kid yesterday if this is true and she said that none of her friends call over the phone. No one. Then I realized why she can't find a new job. Its terrifying for her to call up people and inquire about their open position. She only wants to talk over text or email.

How the fuck are we going to be the greatest nation in the world when an entire generation is afraid of phone calls?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Old man rant incoming...

Dealing with Gen Z a lot. I know every generation complains about the ones that follow it. I know its wrong to paint a generation with a broad brush.

But holy fuck these people have no drive or motivation and just bitch about EVERYTHING.

The latest fun thing I'm dealing with. I'm having trouble getting candidates from college because they find phone calls to be too difficult. I didn't know this was a thing? Phone calls are too scary.

Then I decided to ask my kid yesterday if this is true and she said that none of her friends call over the phone. No one. Then I realized why she can't find a new job. Its terrifying for her to call up people and inquire about their open position. She only wants to talk over text or email.

How the fuck are we going to be the greatest nation in the world when an entire generation is afraid of phone calls?

Paulie hated phones. He wouldn't have one in his house. He used to get all his calls second hand, then you'd have to call the people back from an outside phone. There were guys, that's all they did all day long was take care of Paulie's phone call.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:30 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I would say just about everyone my age and younger tends to use email over phones in the workplace. We have not had a problem getting folks on the phone for interview stuff. But most resumes are getting pulled off Linked In and other job sites.

I recall one of my early bosses commenting on how he walked the office floor and never heard anyone on the phone. Many folks are working with ear buds on.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
My wife thinks drinking out mason jars is cute and quaint. We literally had a dozen different 16 oz and another half dozen or so 8 oz jars in our cupboard. Plus, every fucking coffee mug that she's ever been given. (she's a teacher and a mom so she has a lot) And don't even get me started on the water bottles and travel coffee mugs she has. I've just started throwing shit out. I don't ask her but every time I do the dishes a jar or mug gets buried in the garbage can. Give me 6 months and I'll have things the way I like them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
DAC wrote:
My wife thinks drinking out mason jars is cute and quaint. We literally had a dozen different 16 oz and another half dozen or so 8 oz jars in our cupboard. Plus, every fucking coffee mug that she's ever been given. (she's a teacher and a mom so she has a lot) And don't even get me started on the water bottles and travel coffee mugs she has. I've just started throwing shit out. I don't ask her but every time I do the dishes a jar or mug gets buried in the garbage can. Give me 6 months and I'll have things the way I like them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: What??
DAC wrote:

I thought mason jar drinking was a black thing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:51 am 

Nardi wrote:
DAC wrote:

I thought mason jar drinking was a black thing.

Southern thing, sweet tea.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:25 am 

just start intentionally breaking them during arguments or have a greek themed dinner and start smashing them while saying "opaa" as part of the circuses

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 183, 184, 185, 186, 187