It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 187  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
^^^^^

And that is the essence of this thread.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:37 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Got a call at midnight Saturday/Sunday. My sister in law told me they were putting my brother in a medically induced coma and this was my chance to talk to him for the last time. What a fucked up way to wake up! Anyway, they disagreed with the staff and managed to give him something to keep him going. I booked a flight to get there out of Milwaukee. Got there two hours early and then they delayed the flight two times and eventually cancelled it! I got a flight the next morning but had to fly through Dallas to get to Charlotte. Anyway. They are keeping him going but things don't look good long term for a transplant. Hard to see a younger sibling in so much pain and helpless. I had to cut up his eggs, put jelly on his toast and open his yogurts. I was happy to do it and glad to spend the week with him and his kids but don't take your health for granted and tell the people in your life that matter you love them. The experience changed me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:30 am 

Over 4 inches of rain in my gauge from overnight. Sump going off every 5 seconds and barely keeping up. Backyard is a small lake and getting water in the basement. Staying home to work a squeegee and try to reroute the water to the drain in the floor.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:02 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Jeez, after T-Bone's last two posts, I feel a little guilty complaining that the umpire in my son's baseball game was not well versed on the infield fly rule.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:29 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Jeez, after T-Bone's last two posts, I feel a little guilty complaining that the umpire in my son's baseball game was not well versed on the infield fly rule.

:lol: somehow I've been able to keep quiet about the 19 yr old jobless juvenile delinquent
Living in my basement the last 3 weeks. It has been a perfect storm. My brother took a turn
For the worse yesterday so just waiting on a call about that early this week.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:43 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Man, TBone, that's awful about your brother. I'm so sorry.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:46 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:

:lol: :lol:

I went to a baseball game for my nephew a couple weeks ago, and saw maybe the worst umpire ruling of all time. It's a 9/10 age league, so I'm not expecting Jim Joyce out there, and I expect a big strike zone to be called, but this guy just made an awful call that blew the entire game open against my nephew's team.

Runners are on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. Some kid on the other team hits a very weak line drive to the second basemen. The ball is caught, and the batter is out. The batting team got aggressive and sent their runner on 3rd to attempt to score. As the throw is coming into the plate, the batter who just made the out is running back to the dugout across the field and runs right in front of the catcher who is attempting to catch the throw and tag the runner out. The ball thrown home hits the batter who just made the out and the catcher is unable to have even a chance to catch the ball and make the tag, so the runner scores.

I would think this is a simple interference call against the hitting team and the runner trying to score should be ruled out. At the very least, the runner should have been sent back to 3rd. But nope, dumbass called the guy safe at home, and the other team ended up putting up 4 additional runs in the inning, and eliminated my nephew's team from the playoffs.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:57 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

I went to a baseball game for my nephew a couple weeks ago, and saw maybe the worst umpire ruling of all time. It's a 9/10 age league, so I'm not expecting Jim Joyce out there, and I expect a big strike zone to be called, but this guy just made an awful call that blew the entire game open against my nephew's team.

Runners are on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out. Some kid on the other team hits a very weak line drive to the second basemen. The ball is caught, and the batter is out. The batting team got aggressive and sent their runner on 3rd to attempt to score. As the throw is coming into the plate, the batter who just made the out is running back to the dugout across the field and runs right in front of the catcher who is attempting to catch the throw and tag the runner out. The ball thrown home hits the batter who just made the out and the catcher is unable to have even a chance to catch the ball and make the tag, so the runner scores.

I would think this is a simple interference call against the hitting team and the runner trying to score should be ruled out. At the very least, the runner should have been sent back to 3rd. But nope, dumbass called the guy safe at home, and the other team ended up putting up 4 additional runs in the inning, and eliminated my nephew's team from the playoffs.

Sounds like you got Angel Hernandez out there....maybe you should have expected Jim Joyce.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:48 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
That sucks Tbone. I hope you're able to make the best of some very bad & soggy situations.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Douchebag wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Quote:
"It is interference by a batter or runner when—Any batter or runner who has just been put out, or any runner who has just scored, hinders or impedes any following play being made on a runner. Such runner shall be declared out for the interference of his teammate."

Comment: "If the batter or a runner continues to advance after he has been put out, he shall not by that act alone be considered as confusing, hindering or impeding the fielders."

The second part just means if you get thrown out I guess you can still run the bases like a goofball and if you get hit with a throw, that's on the defense, but obviously since that kid wasn't on the bases the runner coming home should be out.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:20 pm 

My younger brother passed away this afternoon after a long illness. 39 is way too young. My parents, his wife, and me and my wife were all there for his last moments. My wife and I never had been through anything like that before and it was a very surreal moment. We are all happy that he has gone on to a better place. Look forward to celebrating his life early next week. Hug your loved ones.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
T-Bone wrote:
My younger brother passed away this afternoon after a long illness. 39 is way too young. My parents, his wife, and me and my wife were all there for his last moments. My wife and I never had been through anything like that before and it was a very surreal moment. We are all happy that he has gone on to a better place. Look forward to celebrating his life early next week. Hug your loved ones.

So sorry to hear this, T-Bone. Rest in peace, brother.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:32 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
T-Bone wrote:

Sorry Tbone.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:00 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Dang, Tbone I'm so sorry to hear this.
I can only find joy that your brother has found peace and comfort being with you in his last moments.
Best wishes and love to you and your family.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Damn that sucks.

Condolences TBone.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:10 pm 

Sorry TBone. That sucks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
So incredibly sorry to hear this, T.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:37 pm 

sorry T bone, life just sucks sometimes.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Sorry to hear, Tbone. I am glad you and your families were able to say your goodbyes to him.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:02 pm 

I'm thinking nothing but peacefull thoughts for you and your family and am glad you shared this with the group T-Bone. God bless.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:06 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Sorry, T-bone.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Sorry to hear that t-bone. Far too young.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
new gas can spouts.

these things are the worst thing on the planet. i spill more gas waiting 20 minutes for it to fill my riding lawn mower than i ever did with the old system.

i went to a farm auction last weekend and bought every gas can the guy had with the old spouts. so much happier.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:32 pm 

hnd wrote:
new gas can spouts.

these things are the worst thing on the planet. i spill more gas waiting 20 minutes for it to fill my riding lawn mower than i ever did with the old system.

i went to a farm auction last weekend and bought every gas can the guy had with the old spouts. so much happier.

I'm right there with ya buddy.

http://chicagofanatics.com/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=106457

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
i'm going crazy as i've already complained about this apparently. filling the dam lawn mower before i left for a trip last week just grinded my gears and seeing the big ole dead spot in the grass letting the chickens out this morning just irritated me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
T-Bone wrote:

Sorry to hear man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:07 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
So there have been a few things in my life you all know about... We had three dogs we call the amigos. A couple months ago one went and now we are death sitting number two. This blows pretty bad considering everything. I'm kinda done with the cloud of death following me.

Just stop. I'm sorry or done or whatever you want.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:25 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Sorry to hear that Mike. I am a huge dog lover, so I completely empathize. With dog deaths, the best cure is to get another one. You forget how much fun puppies are (and how much work). My puppy is an absolute joy.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Sorry Mike, that is tough. We know we are in for that soon with the 11 year old sister of the dog we lost earlier this year and the 14 year old dog we have that we were told years ago only had about 6 months to go.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:27 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
T-Bone wrote:

Sorry to hear this. Glad you were able to be there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 187  Next