It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 187  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:02 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Don Tiny wrote:
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Enjoy turn back the clock weekend.

You know .... has anyone ever thought about changing the clock back an hour going into Monday morning instead? There'd have to be MANY more people who would get some benefit from that. It'd be one of the best Mondays of the year every year. You can still lose the hour going into a Sunday though.

OR, you know, scrap the whole thing and make DST the norm year-round.

Quote:
The state of Indiana says: "Blow me!"

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/loca ... aving-time

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:40 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I got woken up by a tugboat about an hour ago. Quite annoying.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:48 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I haven't been awoken by a tugboat since college. I never found it annoying and I was quite grateful!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:46 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:25 pm 

So every couple of months our wireless internet goes out. Have to call the company and they say they have to bounce the signal.

Tonight I come home and the internet is out. I call the company. I talk to the first person and they go through a bunch of stuff. I tell this person about 5 times to bounce the signal. Nothing seems to get through to him. He sticks to his script and nothing. He transfers me to another person. This lady starts through the exact same crap. I tell her I have already went through all this with the first guy and that solution is to please bounce the signal. She tells me she has to put me on hold to check on things. When she puts me on hold I have been on the line probably about 20 mins. I am on hold for an additional 20 mins. Finally the lady comes back on the line and says after checking on a number of things she believes that the solution is to bounce the signal. I said to her, "Oh you had to bounce the signal?" "Yes I bounced..." "THAT IS WHAT I TOLD YOU GUYS TO DO 40 mins AGO!!!!!!!!!"

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:27 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
It's really difficult to not just light up people on Facebook. I've only recently started reading.

I feel like this place has trained me well how to respond to people online. Be careful how you word things and be prepared to respond.

Facebook feels like AA baseball compared to here.

But, even so, I can't. Like a guy that retired for no reason.

Yea, it's a waste of time. Better to let it out all here and leave FB for humble brags and sitting in silent judgment of acquaintances.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Finally lay my hands on a DVI-to-DisplayPort adapter then I realize I don't have a spare DVI cord laying around, and that I probably can't set up the second monitor in the fashion I thought I could.

My life is a rich, full fucking parade of pointlessness.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Don Tiny wrote:
Finally lay my hands on a DVI-to-DisplayPort adapter then I realize I don't have a spare DVI cord laying around, and that I probably can't set up the second monitor in the fashion I thought I could.

I don't know what any of that means, but pour yourself a bourbon.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Don Tiny wrote:

I have a bunch if you want them. Both cords and adapters. I normally throw every single thing away like a weirdo with OCD, but I always keep electronics stuff. I have two huge bins full of various cords, adapters, converters, etc. Let me know and I can mail them to you if you want.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I received my 2018 Kentucky Colonel membership card and now they want $50 per year. I used to just send them $25.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
leashyourkids wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

I have a bunch if you want them. Both cords and adapters. I normally throw every single thing away like a weirdo with OCD, but I always keep electronics stuff. I have two huge bins full of various cords, adapters, converters, etc. Let me know and I can mail them to you if you want.

I've got a HUGE bin of assorted cords/etc. I just need to go dig through it. Well, I don't 'need' to do anything, but that's beside the point.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:15 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Don Tiny wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

I've got a HUGE bin of assorted cords/etc. I just need to go dig through it. Well, I don't 'need' to do anything, but that's beside the point.

We should share our inventories. I have a few cords I wouldn’t mind getting my hands on.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:27 am 

i think we should give you two some privacy

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:34 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:05 am 
100000 CLUB

Pretty much all of the leaves from the trees on and around my property have now fallen with the recent cold stretch. It's annoying, but its to be expected this time of year, and normally I do not mind doing some yard work.

I was busy Saturday, and it rained on Sunday. Couldn't rake. My wife is off tomorrow and Friday, with rain predicted. Raking not very likely. Saturday and Sunday do not look much better in terms of the precipitation forecast. I have no idea when I am going to be able to get these damn leaves raked up. I'm hoping the weather cooperates for Thanksgiving weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Pretty much all of the leaves from the trees on and around my property have now fallen with the recent cold stretch. It's annoying, but its to be expected this time of year, and normally I do not mind doing some yard work.

I was busy Saturday, and it rained on Sunday. Couldn't rake. My wife is off tomorrow and Friday, with rain predicted. Raking not very likely. Saturday and Sunday do not look much better in terms of the precipitation forecast. I have no idea when I am going to be able to get these damn leaves raked up. I'm hoping the weather cooperates for Thanksgiving weekend.

I did my final lawn cut on Sunday, which helped clear out the leaves. But as I left my house this morning, I noted tons more leaves have fallen on the frosty Pulte Estates. Too bad, the lawn more is down for the winter, and the snow blower is ready to go. I leave for Vegas on Friday, so I don't really care.....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:18 am 

I've never understood why people rake leaves. What exactly are the leaves going to do to you? It's cold and your grass stops growing anyways.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:20 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I've never understood why people rake leaves. What exactly are the leaves going to do to you? It's cold and your grass stops growing anyways.

Exactly. I never rake leaves.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:23 am 
100000 CLUB

I'm sorry you are lazy asses.

All I have to do is rake them to the curb, and the village comes by with a truck that has a giant vacuum that sucks all the piles of leaves up. Saves a lot on time and the back.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:51 am 

RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Looks a little trashy, imo.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:55 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Its Missouri.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
RFDC wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Its Missouri.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
RFDC wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Its Missouri.

Fair point.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:59 pm 

I just discovered that MTV had a show dedicated to the old Yo! Show.

And realize that it's over a quarter of a century ago. Or that I wish I could find my old LA Kings hat

Last edited by Regular Reader on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

So damn windy out here I let the wind take care of it. Hasn’t hRmrd anything S far as I can tell.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:57 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Even worse in the spring when it finishes off choking out your "lawn"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
lawn? here in oak park people just let the yard go back to nature.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:03 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
lawn? here in oak park people just let the yard go back to nature.

Kind of fits the revered prairie style of beloved homes out there (except that tan Star Wars house)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Complaint about Thanksgiving...

So, this will be my 3rd year hosting. My mother-in-law said 4 years ago, that it was too much to host. So she looked to my wife and her brother(who has a family as well) to host. He didn't wanna do it, so I said I would. It has been pretty successful for the last 2 years, and I anticipate this year will be as well. I've have all my dishes written down, and always look to add something or improve something. The problem comes with, now my brother-in-law is hosting his own......with his wife's family(he would come to my Thanksgiving). I told my wife, what a fucking prick he is. And if her parents went over there, I would not host another Holiday or participate in one at his house. Fucking douchebag!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Does anyone else get annoyed by Youtube commenters who incessantly now have to say where they came from when posting a comment on a video, usually a song. I'll listen to some obscure song that I've known and loved forever, and these little dumbass Generation Z kids will comment that they came from X. X is usually some Youtube "Star" who happened to sing the song. Then these kids act like they discovered this song.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5588 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52 ... 187  Next